The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Fantastic Four > Fantastic Four

Closed Thread

Old 04-29-2014, 04:01 PM   #101
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Par

The frustrating thing is, there's no technical barrier preventing Fox from making a better film than anything Marvel or Sony or Warner Brothers has done before.

In my opinion, every comic book film we've ever seen has had flaws, and there's room for something better that we just haven't seen yet.

Fox could have gotten a great director and great writer and given it the budget it needs and they could have blown us all away, but they clearly have chosen to not even try.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #102
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

Default Re: The "Keep Hope Alive" (that the rights can revert back to Marvel) thread - Par

I mean, yeah, there is a part of me that would like to see all of Marvel's properties under one roof. But I place far, far less importance on that than actually getting good films.

You'll notice you won't see me complaining about the X-Men franchise in the same way. That's because I have really liked the last two (and 4 of 6 overall). If DOFP stinks, then that opinion might change.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:28 PM   #103
Eddie
Side-Kick

If Fox was treating their properties well most of us would be excited. If anything, we'd just be talking about how Fox and Marvel should do a crossover.

Old 04-29-2014, 04:50 PM   #104
Orba
Side-Kick

To be honest most of the parts of the FF franchise that I would like to see back at Marvel are not anything that is critical to the FF franchise (Annihilus, Skrulls etc) stuff that Marvel could use to build up the galactic part of the MCU (I'd love to see them try an adaption of the Annihilation).

But for the FF themselves I'd just like to see a studio produce a great adaption of the franchise, with decent budget, script, cast and crew. And atm I don't see that happening until the franchise returns to Marvel, but I'd love for Fox to prove me wrong.

Old 04-29-2014, 05:57 PM   #105
EssayM
Just A Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Willie Lumpkin View Post
First photo from the set (seriously, I think this is the first thing I've seen). Posted on Miles Teller's Twitter with the caption: "Exclusive first look at Fan4"

To be fair, looking at that again, I think he was probably joking.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:14 PM   #106
Donut
Side-Kick

Maybe the actors & crew are on set & not actually shooting but simply there putting on a show & playing Monopoly or some **** like that

Old 04-29-2014, 06:18 PM   #107
Kelly
The Teach!
SHH! Administrator

Haaaaaaaaaaaa, hmmm....not really funny, but ok. Some people have a weird sense of humor.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:24 PM   #108
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

This is the extent of their on set photos, and nothing is officially announced at all. Meanwhile, the whole cast of the new Star Wars has been announced.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:50 PM   #109
EssayM
Just A Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
This is the extent of their on set photos, and nothing is officially announced at all. Meanwhile, the whole cast of the new Star Wars has been announced.
That's not quite fair; Star Wars has quite a bit more GA interest than the FF do, so it makes sense they're getting promoted more heavily.

Old 04-29-2014, 07:11 PM   #110
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post
That's not quite fair; Star Wars has quite a bit more GA interest than the FF do, so it makes sense they're getting promoted more heavily.
Well, I don't see what GA interest Ant-Man or Guardians of the Galaxy had, and they had more official announcements well before filming started than Foxtastic Four. Ant-Man hasn't even started yet!

Old 04-29-2014, 11:26 PM   #111
Eddie
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EssayM View Post
Okay, then. The ******* Jem movie has a teaser image with the core cast in costume & makeup. That movie that was only just announced recently. When Jem has better promotion than an adaptation of a Marvel comic in this, the Golden Age of Marvel film adaptations, the studio sucks at its job.

Old 04-30-2014, 01:04 AM   #112
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I think FF fans are going to have to start going for therapy sessions. We just have to cope with the situation and figure out the best way to move on with their lives. I'm being dead serious. There is no point worrying about things beyond your control. There's still a window to hold out for a miracle I presume, but once the cameras start rolling it's time to abandon ship and leave these forums, unless Fox decides that they actually want to promote their film perhaps and try to get our attention? Fat chance.

Old 04-30-2014, 08:02 AM   #113
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
I think FF fans are going to have to start going for therapy sessions. We just have to cope with the situation and figure out the best way to move on with their lives. I'm being dead serious. There is no point worrying about things beyond your control. There's still a window to hold out for a miracle I presume, but once the cameras start rolling it's time to abandon ship and leave these forums, unless Fox decides that they actually want to promote their film perhaps and try to get our attention? Fat chance.
There is still time to cancel the movie, even after shooting starts (even finish). It's gonna be a long while until I lose hope

Old 04-30-2014, 09:02 AM   #114
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
There is still time to cancel the movie, even after shooting starts (even finish). It's gonna be a long while until I lose hope
that sounds like a good idea to me

Old 05-01-2014, 09:27 AM   #115
starscream22
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
Well keep in mind there are other options on and around that release date that have already been mentioned multiple times here. Jurassic World, Pixar's movie, Ted 2..or just staying home and watching paint dry for instance... The hope was that this film wouldn't see the light of day under FOX but if their stock holders are forcing this reboot to go forward then so be it...just don't be the one who gives FOX money to recoup on such a foolish, trollish investment.

Old 05-01-2014, 09:58 AM   #116
Willie Lumpkin
Trophy Husband

Denial - "This isn't happening. There is no news from Baton Rouge and they'll pull the plug soon."

Anger - "**** you Fox!"

Bargaining - "I will not see any Fox films until they give the rights back to Marvel."

Depression - This is where I am.

Acceptance - Hopefully I'll get to this point soon.

I think many of us are at different stages at the moment. We'll probably all meet in the depression zone next week when the set photos start getting posted. I have a feeling some of us will never reach the acceptance point.

Old 05-01-2014, 10:56 AM   #117
Joe Rockhead
Side-Kick

Quote:
Denial - "This isn't happening. There is no news from Baton Rouge and they'll pull the plug soon."

Anger - "**** you Fox!"

Bargaining - "I will not see any Fox films until they give the rights back to Marvel."

I think many of us are at different stages at the moment. We'll probably all meet in the depression zone next week when the set photos start getting posted. I have a feeling some of us will never reach the acceptance point.

I'm at the acceptance level.

I fully accept that this will be the Ultimate Fantastic Four - so I have no illusions that there will be any resemblance to the classic version.

Fantastic Four needs a shot in the arm. Jettison the 45 years of history and start fresh.

Reed Richards will no longer be the premiere intelligence in the Marvel Universe - he will be some snotty, upstart challenging authority to carve his own path.
Susan Storm will be his equal but have more compassion.
Johnny Storm stays roughly the same selfish impetuous child that they keep reverting him to.
Ben Grimm will be a basket case.
Victor Von Doom will have bad breath and goat legs.
The Mole Man will be a lecherous perv bent on possessing Susan Storm.

I can only hope that Trank and Kinberg actually put together something good.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:19 PM   #118
fantastic fifth
...just in case...

Quote:

Anger - "**** you Fox!"

I'm teetering still between anger and depression....don't see myself progressing anytime soon.

Old 05-01-2014, 12:45 PM   #119
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

well,we still have the hanna-barbera version available on youtube

Old 05-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #120
wobbly
Occasional Scribbler

Quote:

Anger - "**** you Fox!"

I'm kinda at the 'No Longer gives a sh#t' phase. Ie: Unless the trailers, reviews, and wom are nothing short of spectacular, I'm passing on this INO 'effort' completely.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:07 PM   #121
Spiderine
Business as Usual

Quote:
Originally Posted by wobbly View Post
I'm kinda at the 'No Longer gives a sh#t' phase. Ie: Unless the trailers, reviews, and wom are nothing short of spectacular, I'm passing on this INO 'effort' completely.
Me too dude. Unless something radically different changes the outlook of this film I gonna hit the Red Box.

Old 05-01-2014, 02:38 PM   #122
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

This movie is officially dead to me, so I'd like to congratulate Fox for ruining yet another F4 movie all in the interest of keeping the movie rights.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 05-01-2014, 03:15 PM   #123
Kanon
Horseman of sleepyness

I think I'm in Bargaining, in the sense of "Oh, please god, stop this from happening, if you do, I'll be good, I'll stop complaining about other people's opinions on movies"

Old 05-01-2014, 03:19 PM   #124
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
This movie is officially dead to me, so I'd like to congratulate Fox for ruining yet another F4 movie all in the interest of keeping the movie rights.
Pretty much. I suppose there is a slim chance they could win me over but hahahahaha no.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-01-2014, 07:56 PM   #125
Donut
Side-Kick

I am in the **** this movie stage

Closed Thread