Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-03-2014, 08:26 AM   #26
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llama_Shepherd View Post
I'm watching The Dark Knight Rises, and I still can't help but be a little upset that Bale won't be Batman in the first ever crossover with Superman.
We have to let it go Llama... we have to let it go:

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 05-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #27
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

Old 05-03-2014, 09:45 AM   #28
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
We have to let it go Llama... we have to let it go:

Old 05-03-2014, 10:15 AM   #29
Travesty
TEOL

I think it's for the best. Having an inaudible Batman with Superman would be the worst....as it's already bad when he talks to Catwoman in TDKR.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:37 AM   #30
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

I wished Bale could ease up on the voice in TDKR. His voice in Begins was so much better.

Old 05-03-2014, 10:40 AM   #31
Travesty
TEOL

I think it was more Nolan's doing. Either way, it's laughably bad.

Old 05-03-2014, 11:07 AM   #32
Two-Face
Harvey Dent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I think it's for the best. Having an inaudible Batman with Superman would be the worst....as it's already bad when he talks to Catwoman in TDKR.
I like that scene "No not yet" speech it was better than screaming "WHERE IS HE?!!!" in TDK.

Happy 75th Anniversary Batman

Old 05-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #33
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm watching The Dark Knight Rises, and I still can't help but be a little upset that Bale won't be Batman in the first ever crossover with Superman.
That's weird. Yesterday i was doing the same thing. Im usually past it now, but while watching it, i couldnt help but get sucked backed into the whole what if? question again. But my mind keeps wandering around on a fourth movie rather than the Superman stuff. I think it's for the best that they dont get an actor who will overshadow Cavill and steal his woman with chemistry!

With Snyder directing though, Bale would have had a new suit and probably tone down on the voice.

It would have been pure madness if he came back, being a world-batman while everyone thinks he is a God. And "Robin" takes care of Gotham. Bruce creates the Justice League with Clark as his take on the League of Shadows. Start doing some Batman Inc stuff as well. Catwoman spin-off/prequel could have been in the works too. Especially with Hathaways new short hair look, which just screams Selina to me.

All of this would have been insane. But it's best that we get a new Batman if there's a chance these movies are sub-par.

Old 05-03-2014, 12:19 PM   #34
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I just keep imagining firstly a scene with Bruce and a Memento style wall with all the sightings of heroes in the wake of Man of Steel.

With Clark tracking down Bruce and having this exchange:
"Don't you think the world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear?"
"I guess so. Especially for someone who can uh.."
"Make it smaller?"
"Exactly."

Just the thought of it makes my heart smile. If anything, I feel like TDKT is going to ruin this new Batman for me to the point I almost wish it didn't exist. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aboard the Batfleck hype train, but I've just got no attachment to it yet, whereas Bale's is the Batman I grew up with, and the idea of an open and shut epic woven between Batman, Superman and the Justice League would be perfection to me. Now we've got Superman, a couple crossovers then whatever is deemed worthy from those to spin off.

Old 05-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #35
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
I just keep imagining firstly a scene with Bruce and a Memento style wall with all the sightings of heroes in the wake of Man of Steel.

With Clark tracking down Bruce and having this exchange:
"Don't you think the world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear?"
"I guess so. Especially for someone who can uh.."
"Make it smaller?"
"Exactly."

Just the thought of it makes my heart smile. If anything, I feel like TDKT is going to ruin this new Batman for me to the point I almost wish it didn't exist. Don't get me wrong, I'm fully aboard the Batfleck hype train, but I've just got no attachment to it yet, whereas Bale's is the Batman I grew up with, and the idea of an open and shut epic woven between Batman, Superman and the Justice League would be perfection to me. Now we've got Superman, a couple crossovers then whatever is deemed worthy from those to spin off.

Dude, im right there with you on that. Im kinda excited for Batfleck, but if i really break it down, i think it just really comes down to seeing a new "classic" suit + the concept of another Batman movie where he's interacting with Superman or the Justice League. So i dont even think my excitement has anything to do with Affleck. Which makes me more sad now that i read your ideas.

I was so hyped up for Bale coming back for this that it drove me crazy last year. I learnt to accept it cuz we have to, but it feels forced to me. My feelings on it AND the whole recasting/rebooting b.s. Because i know deep down that this was meant for Bale.

The fact that we're getting an older Batman in his 40s and possibly no solo Batman movies this time...wouldn't Bale have worked for that??

DC's universe would have looked something like this..

Batman Begins - The Dark Knight - The Dark Knight Rises - Man Of Steel - Superman vs Batman - Justice League - (then possibly 1 more JLA or Superman flick, a Wonder Woman and maybe another movie for 1 more hero). The foundation would have been pretty strong.

Or to make it more simple. TDKT then a Superman led trilogy that features a bit of "older Batman": MOS/BvS/JLA

Old 05-03-2014, 02:04 PM   #36
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

It definitely does seem like Bale was who they wanted. I've got to appreciate his integrity and allegience to Nolan, but at the same time, Christian was Batman in a way no one else had been, hence having more ticket sales against Keaton.

And that's EXACTLY the universe I'd want to separate from Marvel. Batman already has his own world completed, Superman could get his trilogy, a Justice League film and one offs that try and sum up everything about Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman. Then MAYBE a Kingdom Come like film.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:41 PM   #37
JackWhite
Third Man

I would have loved to see a fleshed out hyper paranoid Batman like at the end of TDK with the sonar equipment against Cavil's Superman. That would have been golden. But apparently that could still happen in BvS, if the rumors are true about Bruce having Bat-drones roaming the city.

Old 05-03-2014, 02:45 PM   #38
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Found this online.

Old 05-03-2014, 09:28 PM   #39
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
That's weird. Yesterday i was doing the same thing. Im usually past it now, but while watching it, i couldnt help but get sucked backed into the whole what if? question again. But my mind keeps wandering around on a fourth movie rather than the Superman stuff. I think it's for the best that they dont get an actor who will overshadow Cavill and steal his woman with chemistry!

With Snyder directing though, Bale would have had a new suit and probably tone down on the voice.

It would have been pure madness if he came back, being a world-batman while everyone thinks he is a God. And "Robin" takes care of Gotham. Bruce creates the Justice League with Clark as his take on the League of Shadows. Start doing some Batman Inc stuff as well. Catwoman spin-off/prequel could have been in the works too. Especially with Hathaways new short hair look, which just screams Selina to me.

All of this would have been insane. But it's best that we get a new Batman if there's a chance these movies are sub-par.
I'm over it for the most part but every now and then you really can't help but imagine how great (or bad?) the characters in the Nolanverse would interact with Superman, Lois, Wonder Woman, etc. especially if you've seen the actors interact in other movies or in other events (like Bale and Adams, Hathaway and Adams, etc.).

Also, when you see stuff like this, you can't help but... wonder.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 05-03-2014, 11:52 PM   #40
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Man of Steel disappointing me kind of helped soften the blow of not having Bale be a part of the DCU. My interest in BvS is shocklingly low at the moment, considering I've always been excited for Batman movies since I was a 6 and looking forward to Batman Returns. Maybe that'll be a good thing though, since I'll be so far away from spoilers this time around. But yeah, Batfleck...meh. Don't even care. Star Wars Episode VII is where I'm hanging my cinematic hopes right now.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 05-04-2014, 12:01 AM   #41
Shikamaru
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
Man of Steel disappointing me kind of helped soften the blow of not having Bale be a part of the DCU. My interest in BvS is shocklingly low at the moment, considering I've always been excited for Batman movies since I was a 6 and looking forward to Batman Returns. Maybe that'll be a good thing though, since I'll be so far away from spoilers this time around. But yeah, Batfleck...meh. Don't even care. Star Wars Episode VII is where I'm hanging my cinematic hopes right now.
This. I feel the exact same way. Though MOS wasn't the thing that killed the DCU for me (I liked the film, despite its issues); it is mostly where the universe is heading. Meh. Feels entirely pushed by suits. Maybe I would feel a bit better with a different production team but given it's the same people and they barely got through Superman's origin, I don't see them pulling it off while fixing all the problems from MOS and balancing out screentime between Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman. Even with Terrio on board.

Nice to see you posting again, btw.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:13 AM   #42
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shikamaru View Post
Found this online.

LOL!

That was good.

Old 05-04-2014, 03:38 AM   #43
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
This. I feel the exact same way. Though MOS wasn't the thing that killed the DCU for me (I liked the film, despite its issues); it is mostly where the universe is heading. Meh. Feels entirely pushed by suits. Maybe I would feel a bit better with a different production team but given it's the same people and they barely got through Superman's origin, I don't see them pulling it off while fixing all the problems from MOS and balancing out screentime between Superman/Batman/Wonder Woman. Even with Terrio on board.

Same, MOS was disappointing but I am excited to see BvS as it's the first time these iconic heros are in the same live-action movie. I hope that it will spawn films for other characters too.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 05-04-2014, 06:16 AM   #44
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:

I feel the exact same way as you and BatLobsterRises. After TDK, Mos was probably the only other film that I anxiously anticipated. After seeing TDK, I had to let it sink in a bit, and over time it just seemed to get better and better. With MoS, I find it gets weaker after each viewing. I don't think it was a bad film but it didn't meet my high expectations, especially after seeing such brilliant trailers.
As I'm mainly a DC guy, I go into most Marvel movies with an average expectation and I find they usually surpass it. With the DC films, I think I go in with such a huge expectation and I find in recent years that they have failed to meet it, which leaves me with a 'meh' attitude towards BvS. Who knows, maybe I'll be pleasantly surprised

Old 05-04-2014, 08:27 AM   #45
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Thanks Shika, nice to be back.

And yeah Ryan, I hope to be pleasantly surprised too. I'm not going in with a "F*** this movie" mindset, I just am unable to get excited for it right now. I think the year delay is a good thing though.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 05-04-2014, 08:34 AM   #46
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:

And yeah Ryan, I hope to be pleasantly surprised too. I'm not going in with a "F*** this movie" mindset, I just am unable to get excited for it right now. I think the year delay is a good thing though.
I'm going to be excited as soon as the first picture of Affleck is shown.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
I'm not a fanboy, I'm just an entusiastic Spider-Man fan...
Avvy by OriginalMiles
Old 05-04-2014, 11:33 AM   #47
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:

I have the same attitude as you. I'll be honest. I'm not crazy about the direction of how things are going, and I'm not crazy about the Affleck casting. However, I'm more then willing to eat my words and admit it if I enjoy the film. As it stands right now, I'm pretty much indifferent to it, and like you, more excited to see what will be featured in the next Star Wars movie.

Old 05-04-2014, 12:49 PM   #48
shauner111
Side-Kick

Whether some of us wanted TDKT to end with Rises or not, i think everyone would be much more excited for these Batman vs Superman/Justice League movies if Bale was coming back. Rises haters would get their wish with Batman not having that kind of happy ending while us lovers would just put up with it and still see the movie.

It's not like he wouldn't logically have a new suit since Rises ends with zero available.

It's not like they couldn't come up with a way to bring Bruce back into the fold, while making JGL Nightwing (another established character instead of just showing a random grown up Grayson like they're doing).

It all came down to money. Bale wouldn't sell out, but WB had him in mind. Back in 2011 there were reports that they wanted a batman vs superman movie with Bale as the older Batman to Cavill's Superman. And if they couldn't get Bale they would just reboot. Then everybody saw Rises a year later. Nolan said it's finished. They tried a crappy Justice League script and even offered Affleck to direct it & star as Batman...he declined. They tried to get Bale back and i think that's where the Kingdom Come/Dark Knight Returns stuff came into play. He said no so Goyer logically starts talking to the press about how Superman is the first hero and Batman would be just starting out within the reboot but nope. Snyder and the studio put there money-making heads together and decided to just use the Bale idea (older Bruce) but with somebody like Josh Brolin. He declined so they settled with Affleck after all since he's their golden boy.

I fear that Affleck is going to be a solid Bruce Wayne but a crappy Batman. There's no intimidation with him. The dope suit will sell it, but will he? Jeremy Irons will make the private Bruce Wayne moments more colorful as well.

But is it exciting for me to have Gadot and Affleck who are average actors at best? Not really. Jesse Eisenberg is goddamn annoying too. Maybe Joaquin Phoenix would have taken the role if he knew Bale/Nolan were involved. Plus his friend Amy Adams..

I dont know, it just feels like Bale would have increased the hype. There's so many doubts right now among fans, and i believe none of that would be happening if Christian took the role again. Why? Because everything would feel established like Marvel's universe.

Old 05-04-2014, 01:58 PM   #49
Ryan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Whether some of us wanted TDKT to end with Rises or not, i think everyone would be much more excited for these Batman vs Superman/Justice League movies if Bale was coming back. Rises haters would get their wish with Batman not having that kind of happy ending while us lovers would just put up with it and still see the movie.

It's not like he wouldn't logically have a new suit since Rises ends with zero available.

It's not like they couldn't come up with a way to bring Bruce back into the fold, while making JGL Nightwing (another established character instead of just showing a random grown up Grayson like they're doing).

It all came down to money. Bale wouldn't sell out, but WB had him in mind. Back in 2011 there were reports that they wanted a batman vs superman movie with Bale as the older Batman to Cavill's Superman. And if they couldn't get Bale they would just reboot. Then everybody saw Rises a year later. Nolan said it's finished. They tried a crappy Justice League script and even offered Affleck to direct it & star as Batman...he declined. They tried to get Bale back and i think that's where the Kingdom Come/Dark Knight Returns stuff came into play. He said no so Goyer logically starts talking to the press about how Superman is the first hero and Batman would be just starting out within the reboot but nope. Snyder and the studio put there money-making heads together and decided to just use the Bale idea (older Bruce) but with somebody like Josh Brolin. He declined so they settled with Affleck after all since he's their golden boy.

I fear that Affleck is going to be a solid Bruce Wayne but a crappy Batman. There's no intimidation with him. The dope suit will sell it, but will he? Jeremy Irons will make the private Bruce Wayne moments more colorful as well.

But is it exciting for me to have Gadot and Affleck who are average actors at best? Not really. Jesse Eisenberg is goddamn annoying too. Maybe Joaquin Phoenix would have taken the role if he knew Bale/Nolan were involved. Plus his friend Amy Adams..

I dont know, it just feels like Bale would have increased the hype. There's so many doubts right now among fans, and i believe none of that would be happening if Christian took the role again. Why? Because everything would feel established like Marvel's universe.
I have to agree with a lot of the sentiment in this quote.

Old 05-04-2014, 02:00 PM   #50
shauner111
Side-Kick

Im happy though. The more i think about it, the more content i am with Bale not being a part of it. MOS was good but not great. Any misstep tarnishes the trilogy. Here's to having my pipedream where Bale returns once this shared universe closes up.

Closed Thread