Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #101
shauner111
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
No, he wasn't. His presence was not known until the end of Batman Begins when Gordon was talking about escalation because of Batman, and then hands him the Joker card, telling him about a new criminal who has a taste for the theatrical like Batman does.
That's the point of escalation lol. Joker doesn't exist as he is without Batman. I thought people realized that that is the entire point of Dark Knight and the end of Begins. But anyways, i just dont want to see Joker without Batman.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #102
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
No, he wasn't. His presence was not known until the end of Batman Begins when Gordon was talking about escalation because of Batman, and then hands him the Joker card, telling him about a new criminal who has a taste for the theatrical like Batman does.
BatLobsterRisies mentioned that he was "ripping of mob dealers"

The Joker never mentions in TDK that he was inspired by Bats.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
The Sinister Six- The album
Doc Ock Green Goblin Rhino Kraven Mysterio
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Hitting a store near you in 2016!
Old 05-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #103
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
BatLobsterRisies mentioned that he was "ripping of mob dealers"
Assuming he's not lying about that, ripping off mob dealers is not causing mayhem in Gotham.

Quote:
The Joker never mentions in TDK that he was inspired by Bats.
Of course he doesn't. He doesn't say anything about his past except tell two different contradictory stories about his scars, which are also likely a pack of lies, too.

The ending to Batman Begins says it when Gordon is talking about escalation because of Batman, and that's when he says "Take this guy; armed robbery, double homicide, got a taste for the theatrical like you. Leaves a calling card".

If that isn't clear enough for you, Nolan also said it. "The Joker is the logical reaction to Batman". It's in the making of The Dark Knight trilogy book. I can scan it if you doubt me.

- The Joker
Old 05-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #104
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
"We never wanted to do an origin story for The Joker in this film, but we wanted to show the rise of The Joker", Nolan maintains. "In a sense, The Joker is the logical response to Batman, who has instigated this kind of extremity of behavior in Gotham".
http://emanuellevy.com/comment/dark-...d-the-joker-7/

- The Joker
Old 05-07-2014, 02:05 PM   #105
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

Right, I was basically just pointing out that if Joker is to believed he was basically just a small time crook before Batman. I would tend to think he probably had a few screws loose to begin with, but Batman puts on the mask first.

And that was the point, Joker says "What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, NO...you...complete me." That pretty heavily implies that The Joker cannot exist without Batman existing first and he knows and embraces that.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 05-07-2014, 02:06 PM   #106
shauner111
Side-Kick

They even talk about it in the trilogy documentary.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:35 PM   #107
shauner111
Side-Kick

According to the showrunner, the kid who plays Bruce in Gotham is the greatest actor who has ever played Bruce Wayne including the ones who have played Batman...

Old 05-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #108
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
According to the showrunner, the kid who plays Bruce in Gotham is the greatest actor who has ever played Bruce Wayne including the ones who have played Batman...

I'm more optimistic about the show than it seems most in here are, but I severely doubt he's the best. That's just ridiculous. Bruce as a kid? Maybe, since he'll get a lot more to do than anyone else. But best Bruce Wayne of any age? I really doubt it.

Last edited by Snow Queen; 05-08-2014 at 02:49 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 02:55 PM   #109
The Endless
WE are Groot

I wish they went the Gotham Central route. Batman is more of a shadowy figure who rarely appears. But the GCPD still come into contact with his Rogues from time to time. Some of them don't like Batman getting involved because they are corrupt and/or think it undermines them. Gordon regularly sneaks off, alluding to him going to the Bat signal.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:57 PM   #110
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

The showrunner seems like kind of a d-bag based on that comment and some others. My faith in this show keeps plummeting.

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 05-08-2014, 04:58 PM   #111
shauner111
Side-Kick

Yeah he rubs me the wrong way. Even if the show was really good and i was excited, i still think he comes off as a douchebag. His attitude is a bit like a "what we're doing is going to be better than anything they've tried to do with Gotham City and Bruce Wayne".

Old 05-08-2014, 05:30 PM   #112
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

Oh I think Bruno Heller always comes across as douche-y in his interviews.

The fact that he compares this little kid to an Oscar-winning actor (who was once a child star himself) is, frankly, laughable.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 05-08-2014, 10:29 PM   #113
kvz5
HBIC

Quote:

I think what's funnier is that he didn't even say "he has the best Bruce Wayne portrayal" or something like that which while IMO is still stupid can at least be argued by those who hated Keaton/Kilmer/Clooney/Bale's BW portrayal but nooooo... he just flat out went straight to "he's the best actor who has portrayed BW".

Last edited by kvz5; 05-08-2014 at 10:48 PM.
Old 05-08-2014, 11:27 PM   #114
shauner111
Side-Kick

what a lunatic.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #115
Travesty
TEOL

Old 05-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #116
DACrowe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Assuming he's not lying about that, ripping off mob dealers is not causing mayhem in Gotham.

Of course he doesn't. He doesn't say anything about his past except tell two different contradictory stories about his scars, which are also likely a pack of lies, too.

The ending to Batman Begins says it when Gordon is talking about escalation because of Batman, and that's when he says "Take this guy; armed robbery, double homicide, got a taste for the theatrical like you. Leaves a calling card".

If that isn't clear enough for you, Nolan also said it. "The Joker is the logical reaction to Batman". It's in the making of The Dark Knight trilogy book. I can scan it if you doubt me.

"Those mob fools want you gone, so they can go back to the way things were. But I know the truth. There's no going back. You've changed things forever. There's no going back...I don't want to kill you. What would I do without you? Go back to ripping off mob dealers? No, you complete me."

I think he pretty much says that he was inspired right there.

--John Adams
Old 05-10-2014, 10:46 PM   #117
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 05-11-2014, 12:16 AM   #118
Brother Jack
Onion Knight

I also read a quote from him saying the show looked better than the recent Batman movies. I'm not quite sure if he specifically meant the style or the actual camerawork, but the cinematography in the Dark Knight trilogy is pretty much beyond reproach. I don't know why he feels the need to compare his show to any other iteration of Batman, especially with such extreme claims.

For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning.
Old 05-11-2014, 06:25 AM   #119
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Fair enough. You/Shaunner/DACrowe are right.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Featuring hits like "lol haters, we aint giveing up the rights" "Forget you, Sam Raimi" "Marc Webb aint my daddy" "Hey WB, we made a female superhero movie!"

Old 05-11-2014, 07:45 AM   #120
The_Raganork
I'm Cute.

I think it's sort of splitting hairs.

Clearly the man underneath the make-up didn't start existing the moment he saw Batman as well as his being a criminal doesn't logically follow being birthed from the birth of Batman. That line about "Going back to ripping of mobsters" isn't a decoy. That's what he did before.

However the idea, persona and scale of "The Joker" as a title is a logical response to Batman. This idea that the city is a playground and everything is fair (even when it's unfair) is a Joker mentality that is as grand as Batman is with justice.

So it's kind of like both sides are right.

Old 05-11-2014, 11:53 AM   #121
shauner111
Side-Kick

That's true, but i think the showrunner has been hinting that we will see the Joker in this, makeup, character and all. And that to me is just wrong.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:33 PM   #122
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
That's true, but i think the showrunner has been hinting that we will see the Joker in this, makeup, character and all. And that to me is just wrong.
I would not like it if we got The Joker with make up and everything even a good ten years before Bruce becomes Batman, let alone when he's a kid!

I can see why they would want to do that though. He's a very iconic villain and arguably the best Batman villain.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:49 PM   #123
shauner111
Side-Kick

That's a horrible reason to use him though. Ratings, ratings, ratings. Instead of logic and storytelling. Good storytelling will bring in the ratings. And people will stick around. Try to lure them in with a gimmick and the ratings will come and go with a snap of a finger.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:33 PM   #124
shauner111
Side-Kick

Which could work for the long run if Batman was in it or people were really drawn to the rogues, but i dont see that happening. So they'll just try to do crappy kid versions of the villains to lure in the viewers. I just dont think it's going to work. I really hope they dont mess with Joker.

This could have been a GREAT concept if it was all about Gordon taking down the mob with Cobblepot thrown in. But the catwoman, joker, riddler and poison ivy stuff seems extremely forced.

Old 05-11-2014, 03:36 PM   #125
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
That's a horrible reason to use him though. Ratings, ratings, ratings. Instead of logic and storytelling. Good storytelling will bring in the ratings. And people will stick around. Try to lure them in with a gimmick and the ratings will come and go with a snap of a finger.
I agree but I could see them doing it unfortunatly.

Closed Thread