The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

View Poll Results: How do you think Captain America: The Winter Soldier will do?
$1.5 billion 3 1.63%
$1 billion 8 4.35%
$900 million 11 5.98%
$800 million 20 10.87%
$700 million 45 24.46%
$600 million 53 28.80%
$500 million 38 20.65%
$400 million 4 2.17%
$300 million 2 1.09%
$200 million 0 0%
Voters: 184. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-29-2014, 09:16 AM   #26
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Add to the fact that TOW is a critically-panned movie and it felt that female moviegoers just wanted to see a movie that is full of Estrogen for a change. I believe TWS will stay on the top 10 much longer than TOW weeks from now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
I like $703.5

I'm so happy for this film, people. So worthy. I was at the dentist's office this weekend for a cleaning, and I kept replaying TWS in my head. Basically, it is one of many happy places for me!

Love it so, and it deserves all the success!
Ugh, I have to get 4 wisdom teeth removed. I'd replay TWS in my head too if I wasn't going to be heavily sedated.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:20 AM   #27
hafizbat
Side-Kick

Default Re: Captain America: The Winter Soldier Box Office Prediction Thread - Part 2

The last time Marvel made me this happy was when the Avengers came out. Cap is my favorite Marvel character, and watching the success of TWS makes me beyond happy...

Of all film studios, or even all entertainment, I think Marvel has given me the most joy.

You've done good, Cap.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:28 AM   #28
marcvader
Lurker #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
BigThor?
Is he still around?

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:34 AM   #29
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

^ I'm not sure. But he's the first person I thought of when I read "Thor fan".

Old 04-29-2014, 09:46 AM   #30
ironman_rick
Side-Kick

Seriously if TWS hits $700M

I don't think it has enough juice to do it...... but what the heck I am rooting for it. For me, its the 3rd best movie in MCU after TA & IM.

Old 04-29-2014, 09:54 AM   #31
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Well if it has the same drops as Thor 2 internationally it will make $450 million+ and it's likely to do $250 million so it has plenty of juice. The $700 million predictions aren't far fetched. It depends on how TASM2 affects it.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #32
TeeKay
Side-Kick

I think it'll cross the 700 million mark.

"Cut off one head and two more shall take its place." - HAIL HYDRA!

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
TeeKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:23 AM   #33
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
I think it'll cross the 700 million mark.
At this point, I think so too.

Tymminator is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #34
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

I think Talisman was referring to a Thor fan/troll on another board LOL! One who has been insufferable in the Cap threads….

The "fan" was willfully ignoring the fact that most Cap fans actually really like/love Thor and the movies are coming out of the same studio AND that the fact that Cap is being so well received all over the world and critically means that the benefit goes to Marvel Studios and how the rest of Phase II and the next phase will hopefully pan out in order to constantly comment that Thor kicked Cap's butt in total franchise dollars and that Cap is a flop compared to Thor, etc.

Fun times.

Suzanne78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 10:27 AM   #35
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Oh, I'm pretty sure $700 is a lock at this point. Which is amazing for Cap.

Old 04-29-2014, 10:33 AM   #36
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
I think Talisman was referring to a Thor fan/troll on another board LOL! One who has been insufferable in the Cap threads….

The "fan" was willfully ignoring the fact that most Cap fans actually really like/love Thor and the movies are coming out of the same studio AND that the fact that Cap is being so well received all over the world and critically means that the benefit goes to Marvel Studios and how the rest of Phase II and the next phase will hopefully pan out in order to constantly comment that Thor kicked Cap's butt in total franchise dollars and that Cap is a flop compared to Thor, etc.

Fun times.
So why would getting $725 million specifically make him go ballistic?

Old 04-29-2014, 10:55 AM   #37
Tymminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
It's a shame it's losing China on Sunday since it's holding on so well and still going to make about $4-5m there this week.

I think $715-20m

But I really want $725m because I want to see a certain Thor fan go ballistic.
Is it leaving China completely, or just losing a ton of theaters?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #38
eddy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Marvel View Post
So why would getting $725 million specifically make him go ballistic?

Because then it would be outgrossing the Thor franchise worldwide.

AVENGERS ASSEMBLE.
eddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:16 AM   #39
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Oh right.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:34 AM   #40
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddy View Post
Because then it would be outgrossing the Thor franchise worldwide.
Wait, didn't Cap 2 already outgross Thor 2 worldwide?

MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:36 AM   #41
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:

Fun times.
Bingo.

He's been on several different boards with different names for months. At first he was confident Cap wouldn't pass Thor in the US because he wasn't as popular. Then he changed his tune saying of course he did because his name is Captain America and he has no competition but would never pass Thor WW because everyone else hates Cap and loves Thor.

Then when it became obvious Cap would pass Thor WW he started bringing up how Cap was still behind in total franchise $$ at the box office (not counting those pesky DVD, toy and merchandise sales) and needed to make $724 and some odd dollars to pass Thor.

Now that it's getting close it's all a conspiracy by Marvel to promote Cap over Thor and steal his rightful place as #2 behind Iron Man by giving Cap that awesome much coveted early April release and making a lot of critics to say it's a great movie.

Fun stuff.

TalismanRing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 11:37 AM   #42
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Wait, didn't Cap 2 already outgross Thor 2 worldwide?
Oh but it hasn't done so - combined. So even though TDW will be behind TWS by $50m+ the franchise is still bigger since the first Thor movie made more than the first Cap movie.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:39 AM   #43
The Endless
WE are Groot

Are we talking about that BigThor fella?

Old 04-29-2014, 11:40 AM   #44
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tymminator View Post
Is it leaving China completely, or just losing a ton of theaters?
Completely. China has quotas and a set amount of days foreign films can be in the market. Cap gets, I think, 30 days. Iron Man 3 had a couple of weeks longer stay since it was considered a joint US/China production because they filmed an extra scene in China and I think sold distribution rights to a Chinese company.

Old 04-29-2014, 11:46 AM   #45
MessiahDecoy123
Cosmic Spidey

Quote:
Bingo.

He's been on several different boards with different names for months. At first he was confident Cap wouldn't pass Thor in the US because he wasn't as popular. Then he changed his tune saying of course he did because his name is Captain America and he has no competition but would never pass Thor WW because everyone else hates Cap and loves Thor.

Then when it became obvious Cap would pass Thor WW he started bringing up how Cap was still behind in total franchise $$ at the box office (not counting those pesky DVD, toy and merchandise sales) and needed to make $724 and some odd dollars to pass Thor.

Now that it's getting close it's all a conspiracy by Marvel to promote Cap over Thor and steal his rightful place as #2 behind Iron Man by giving Cap that awesome much coveted early April release and making a lot of critics to say it's a great movie.

Fun stuff.
lmao, that's hilarious.

What a clown.

Last edited by MessiahDecoy123; 04-29-2014 at 12:25 PM.
MessiahDecoy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:23 PM   #46
Tymminator

Quote:
Bingo.

Fun stuff.
Sounds like the guy's mind is a freaking snake pit.

Cap doing good is great for Comic movies in general and the MCU specifically.

Old 04-29-2014, 01:17 PM   #47
marcvader
Lurker #1

BigThor really? He seemed reasonable to me except in the vs. debates.

__________________#1 CBM of 2014____________________
Twitter- @mrpink13
HAIL HYDRA!
marcvader is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 01:33 PM   #48
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I've never read posts by BigThor that I know of.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:08 PM   #49
Tymminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcvader View Post
I'm pretty sure he doesn't mean BigThor.

Old 04-29-2014, 03:53 PM   #50
Suzanne78
I AM GROOT!

Noooooo…. definitely not BigThor. BT is good yo!

This other poster is, in my opinion… a case study I'm not sure he's on these boards though, but I'm not in the Thor section enough to know. He is on the website that shall not be named and was floating around on BOF for a bit until he was called out by everyone.