The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 96

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 0
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 94

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave by way of Twin Peaks
Posts: 35,235
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 95


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave by way of Twin Peaks
Posts: 35,235
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave by way of Twin Peaks
Posts: 35,235
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #6
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.
 
Hazarddude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Universe
Posts: 6,208
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Lol @ C Lee's response.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Yeah! More neck-snappings and spear-impalings! No booties, doe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

"General Zod, you dropped your pen! I'll just KNEEL down and get it for you.
Hazarddude is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
tacit-ronin-
Do cats eat bats?
 
tacit-ronin-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 3,890
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96


__________________
H.E.

American Horror Story: Chimera House casting
Henry Cavill as Henry Cavill
Evan Peters as Sawyer
Denis O'Hare as DarkSentinel
Jessica Lange as DarkSentinel's E-cig
tacit-ronin- is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave by way of Twin Peaks
Posts: 35,235
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96


__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #9
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources
 
Sawyer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 73,066
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Damn, if C. Lee's accusing people of acting overly superior, then things must be really out of control around here.

__________________
DS AND THE AGENTS OF
*L.A.M.E.*


H.E.(R?)
Sawyer is online now  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #10
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Ahh word. But yeah you need that Hal and Sinestro dynamic to really make GL awesome. It's just like any big hero and their nemesis.
Exactly. Geoff Johns has turned Sinestro into one of the greatest DC villains. Sinestro has always been an interesting character, but Johns added so much to the Hal/Sinestro dynamic, he's unquestionably promoted both Hal Jordan and Sinestro to A List status at DC.

Geoff Johns' work on Green Lantern is genius and so ripe for a movie series. Green Lantern the animated series and Green Lantern First Flight give a good idea of how epic Green Lantern could be in a movie series. Parts of the Green Lantern movie are awesome, but the bad parts are just sooo bad...such squandered potential..it can seriously be the next Star Wars. I truly believe this. A Blackest Night film trilogy has the potential to be the next Star Wars. Green Lantern TAS took a lot of inspiration from Star Wars, the next movie series definitely should too. That's what this should aspire to be. But it's unique enough that it can shine on its own without being too similar.

The DCAU and the Batman movies are what initially made me a DC fan, but I can admit that they didn't do everything perfectly. There were some great Green Lantern centric episodes, but I really think they ****ed up the GL mythology. Kyle Rayner is basically Hal Jordan with Kyle Rayner's job, and we only see him once in a prominent role, and in a tiny role on Justice League Unlimited. Guy Gardner never shows up. And John Stewart is the main GL of the DCAU. The problem with this is that he has virtually no relationship with any of the villains he faces. The way the DCAU handled Sinestro is a joke. Batman takes him out with 3 batarangs in one episode, and he literally has no relationship whatsoever with John Stewart. Sinestro's most prominent role in the DCAU is in an episode of STAS, where is primary motivation for attacking Kyle Rayner is because Sinestro wants Abin Sur's ring which has been passed to Kyle. He's a bland villain with a bad motivation. Overall, it's a pretty weak handling of Green Lantern's nemesis. Geoff Johns' later take on Sinestro fleshed out the character in a way that had never been done before. He's almost an antihero now, and the GL/Sinestro relationship is something that shouldn't be skipped over. Star Sapphire is another character that showed up in the DCAU with basically zero motivation and zero connection to Green Lantern. Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire had zero development in the DCAU.. another opportunity squandered because they decided to use John Stewart as the lead.

Don't even get me started on the way they handled The Flash in the DCAU.. I'm able to appreciate their takes on GL and The Flash, but there were a lot of missteps and missed opportunities regarding both of those characters. Getting rid of Barry Allen, and amalgamating him with Wally and Bart was weird. The legacy aspect of The Flash is part of what makes those characters so awesome.

The DCAU was amazing, but GL and Flash weren't perfect there. Their Wonder Woman was flawed as well. Ares was mishandled as Wonder Woman's nemesis and he was introduced way too late into the show. Hades sort of assumed the role of Ares in the JL animated series. There were some amazing aspects of their take, and overall their Wonder Woman is easily the best adaptation along with the 2009 movie, but still the handling of Ares is a pretty big mistake to make.

If there is an intention to make Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman movies in the future, they should draw more from the comics than the JL animated series for those characters.

Start the universe off with Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. Introduce the secondary characters like John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, and Wally West in their respective Green Lantern and The Flash solo movies. That's always been the best way to do it.

If Martian Manhunter doesn't get introduced in the Justice League movie, bring him in as a supporting character in a Green Lantern movie.

Seriously the Silver Age lineup is where it's at, but I can settle for the New 52 lineup, that's a pretty good alternative. The New 52 lineup is where I draw the line though, no more changes beyond that lineup need to be made.

If there is any hope at all of a movie series for Green Lantern and The Flash or both, then Hal and Barry are the ones that have to be introduced.

The majority of the New 52 has been pretty solid, it would be smart to build the new movie universe around that world, and I think that's the plan. The movies are going to obviously do their own thing, but I think the New 52 will surely be a big inspiration.

It would be a big surprise if the Justice League lineup isn't the New 52 lineup. DC has spent a number of years promoting Barry and Hal as THE Flash and THE Green Lantern, it would be strange if they weren't in the movies.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #11
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.
 
Hazarddude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Universe
Posts: 6,208
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

HA will not read... :P

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Yeah! More neck-snappings and spear-impalings! No booties, doe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

"General Zod, you dropped your pen! I'll just KNEEL down and get it for you.

Last edited by Hazarddude; 09-13-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Hazarddude is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #12
jasontodd
Superhero Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: St. Louis, Missouri
Posts: 427
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

I would be on board with a green lantern/flash film.

__________________
The Dark Knight is the best Batman movie to date

Long Live Spectacular Spider - Man!!!!

jasontodd is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #13
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
Will not read... :P
basically DCAU was amazing, but not perfect. It mishandled:

Green Lantern: by not using Hal Jordan, their GL had no relationships with the villains he faced, and they were underdeveloped villains with bad motivations as a result. Sinestro is THE GL villain and they dropped the ball because John Stewart has virtually no relationship with Sinestro

The Flash: Wally West, Barry Allen, and Bart Allen combined into one character is dumb, the legacy aspect of The Flash is too great to overlook. No Kid Flash in the DCAU is disappointing

Wonder Woman: Ares, Wonder Woman's nemesis was introduced way too late into the show, and Hades basically took on the role of Ares in the DCAU.

People want GL to be John Stewart solely because he was cool in the DCAU. my point is that GL was actually a mishandled character, and that the DCAU shouldn't be where they drawn inspiration for characters like GL, The Flash and Wonder Woman.

Hal and Barry for movie GL and Flash

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #14
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontodd View Post
I would be on board with a green lantern/flash film.
I want that since it means more GL and Flash in live action. But I'd rather have solo movies for those characters.

I want a Flashpoint film adaptation, and a Green Lantern film series that builds towards Blackest Night.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #15
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.
 
Hazarddude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Universe
Posts: 6,208
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Now awating a GL series announcement as well...

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Yeah! More neck-snappings and spear-impalings! No booties, doe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

"General Zod, you dropped your pen! I'll just KNEEL down and get it for you.
Hazarddude is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #16
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
Now awating a GL series announcement as well...
Seriously though, it's coming. Whether it's tv or a movie, a GL series is coming. Just look at the lineup already:

Man of Steel film series
Batman v Superman
Justice League
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Shazam
Sandman
The Flash (tv)
Teen Titans (tv)
Supergirl (tv)
Green Arrow (tv)
Constantine (tv)
Gotham (tv)

Green Lantern's absence is pretty notable. He's going to pop up somewhere. Hopefully in his own film or tv series. .

I still think Nikki Finke's GL/Flash rumor was probably pretty accurate though

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #17
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!
 
TheNextNolan22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: BatFleck Cave by way of Twin Peaks
Posts: 35,235
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

WB is going to sit on a GL series for quite a while. That I'm sure of.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
TheNextNolan22 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #18
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
WB is going to sit on a GL series for quite a while. That I'm sure of.
I don't know about that. I can see definitely see a Green Lantern tv series coming out very soon

As for the films, they just need to establish an awesome new Hal Jordan in the Justice League movie, and then they can spin him off into a GL/Flash movie or even his own series.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #19
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.
 
Hazarddude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Universe
Posts: 6,208
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

I know Goef didn't rule a GL movie out, said he can't talk about anything involving that.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by theShape View Post
Yeah! More neck-snappings and spear-impalings! No booties, doe.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

"General Zod, you dropped your pen! I'll just KNEEL down and get it for you.
Hazarddude is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
Juke Box Hero
( ͝סּ ͜ʖ͡סּ)
 
Juke Box Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Detroit
Posts: 969
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

It'd be interesting to see GL on the CW. I'd prefer a film series, but as long as GL and the Flash show up in the JL films I'm fine with both having shows rather than film franchises (for now).

__________________
Kevin Tsujihara: THE BOSS
BravoNolanILuvU, SHH's White Knight
"I was gonna say, don't do me down on the blowing up **** department. I've blown up a lot of **** in a lot of movies and I enjoy it very much." - Christopher Nolan
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Juke Box Hero is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #21
Rorschach2012
$
 
Rorschach2012's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 10,596
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

I've been telling you people... but if you haven't... watch Green Lantern The Animated Series RIGHT NOW. it's amazing

A lot of the time, i honestly enjoy the animated DC stuff more than the movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke Box Hero View Post
It'd be interesting to see GL on the CW. I'd prefer a film series, but as long as GL and the Flash show up in the JL films I'm fine with both having shows rather than film franchises (for now).
Yeah dude that's pretty much how I feel as well. I want to see Hal Jordan introduced in the CW universe (it's so obvious, Ollie and Barry are already major characters), but more interesting to me is the idea of GL on TNT. TNT features the show Falling Skies, and it features some of the best CGI i've ever seen on a tv show.

a GL tv series doesn't even need to be tied to a greater DC universe. His universe is so vast that it isn't necessary, so having him on his own network, away from the CW heroes wouldn't be a big problem for me. Even though crossing over with those characters would be awesome.

Rorschach2012 is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #22
Travesty
TEOL
 
Travesty's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 16,872
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

I like the animated DC shows/movies, too. Not all of them, but I tend to enjoy most of them.

I haven't watched GL, so I'll look out for that. Does it happen to be on Netflix or Amazon?

__________________

Travesty is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #23
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 8,477
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Exactly. Geoff Johns has turned Sinestro into one of the greatest DC villains. Sinestro has always been an interesting character, but Johns added so much to the Hal/Sinestro dynamic, he's unquestionably promoted both Hal Jordan and Sinestro to A List status at DC.

Geoff Johns' work on Green Lantern is genius and so ripe for a movie series. Green Lantern the animated series and Green Lantern First Flight give a good idea of how epic Green Lantern could be in a movie series. Parts of the Green Lantern movie are awesome, but the bad parts are just sooo bad...such squandered potential..it can seriously be the next Star Wars. I truly believe this. A Blackest Night film trilogy has the potential to be the next Star Wars. Green Lantern TAS took a lot of inspiration from Star Wars, the next movie series definitely should too. That's what this should aspire to be. But it's unique enough that it can shine on its own without being too similar.

The DCAU and the Batman movies are what initially made me a DC fan, but I can admit that they didn't do everything perfectly. There were some great Green Lantern centric episodes, but I really think they ****ed up the GL mythology. Kyle Rayner is basically Hal Jordan with Kyle Rayner's job, and we only see him once in a prominent role, and in a tiny role on Justice League Unlimited. Guy Gardner never shows up. And John Stewart is the main GL of the DCAU. The problem with this is that he has virtually no relationship with any of the villains he faces. The way the DCAU handled Sinestro is a joke. Batman takes him out with 3 batarangs in one episode, and he literally has no relationship whatsoever with John Stewart. Sinestro's most prominent role in the DCAU is in an episode of STAS, where is primary motivation for attacking Kyle Rayner is because Sinestro wants Abin Sur's ring which has been passed to Kyle. He's a bland villain with a bad motivation. Overall, it's a pretty weak handling of Green Lantern's nemesis. Geoff Johns' later take on Sinestro fleshed out the character in a way that had never been done before. He's almost an antihero now, and the GL/Sinestro relationship is something that shouldn't be skipped over. Star Sapphire is another character that showed up in the DCAU with basically zero motivation and zero connection to Green Lantern. Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire had zero development in the DCAU.. another opportunity squandered because they decided to use John Stewart as the lead.

Don't even get me started on the way they handled The Flash in the DCAU.. I'm able to appreciate their takes on GL and The Flash, but there were a lot of missteps and missed opportunities regarding both of those characters. Getting rid of Barry Allen, and amalgamating him with Wally and Bart was weird. The legacy aspect of The Flash is part of what makes those characters so awesome.

The DCAU was amazing, but GL and Flash weren't perfect there. Their Wonder Woman was flawed as well. Ares was mishandled as Wonder Woman's nemesis and he was introduced way too late into the show. Hades sort of assumed the role of Ares in the JL animated series. There were some amazing aspects of their take, and overall their Wonder Woman is easily the best adaptation along with the 2009 movie, but still the handling of Ares is a pretty big mistake to make.

If there is an intention to make Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman movies in the future, they should draw more from the comics than the JL animated series for those characters.

Start the universe off with Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. Introduce the secondary characters like John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, and Wally West in their respective Green Lantern and The Flash solo movies. That's always been the best way to do it.

If Martian Manhunter doesn't get introduced in the Justice League movie, bring him in as a supporting character in a Green Lantern movie.

Seriously the Silver Age lineup is where it's at, but I can settle for the New 52 lineup, that's a pretty good alternative. The New 52 lineup is where I draw the line though, no more changes beyond that lineup need to be made.

If there is any hope at all of a movie series for Green Lantern and The Flash or both, then Hal and Barry are the ones that have to be introduced.

The majority of the New 52 has been pretty solid, it would be smart to build the new movie universe around that world, and I think that's the plan. The movies are going to obviously do their own thing, but I think the New 52 will surely be a big inspiration.

It would be a big surprise if the Justice League lineup isn't the New 52 lineup. DC has spent a number of years promoting Barry and Hal as THE Flash and THE Green Lantern, it would be strange if they weren't in the movies.
Um Despero and the Manhunters were with John's villains.

Also Arkham Knight footage was leaked.

LEVITIKUZ is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #24
kguillou
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: New Joisey
Posts: 5,863
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

GL is on netflix, its a really good cartoon. Its starts off a weeee bit slow but once the storyline kicks in it gets very engaging. Definitely ended before its time.

kguillou is offline  
Old 09-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #25
Orb
Lord of Demons
 
Orb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 3,873
Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Also Arkham Knight footage was leaked.
..did it now? *cough* *cough*

__________________
THE FLASH -- ARROW -- GOTHAM

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Orb is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:27 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.