The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - Part 96

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 94

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 09-13-2014, 06:46 PM   #3
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - Part 95

Old 09-13-2014, 06:47 PM   #4
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #5
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - Part 96

Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #6
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

Lol @ C Lee's response.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

"General Zod, you dropped your pen! I'll just KNEEL down and get it for you.
Old 09-13-2014, 06:48 PM   #7
tacit-ronin-
Do cats eat bats?

American Horror Story: Chimera House casting
Henry Cavill as Henry Cavill
Evan Peters as Sawyer
Denis O'Hare as DarkSentinel
Jessica Lange as DarkSentinel's E-cig
Old 09-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #8
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

Old 09-13-2014, 06:49 PM   #9
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Damn, if C. Lee's accusing people of acting overly superior, then things must be really out of control around here.

H.E.(R?)
Old 09-13-2014, 06:55 PM   #10
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broseph44 View Post
Ahh word. But yeah you need that Hal and Sinestro dynamic to really make GL awesome. It's just like any big hero and their nemesis.
Exactly. Geoff Johns has turned Sinestro into one of the greatest DC villains. Sinestro has always been an interesting character, but Johns added so much to the Hal/Sinestro dynamic, he's unquestionably promoted both Hal Jordan and Sinestro to A List status at DC.

Geoff Johns' work on Green Lantern is genius and so ripe for a movie series. Green Lantern the animated series and Green Lantern First Flight give a good idea of how epic Green Lantern could be in a movie series. Parts of the Green Lantern movie are awesome, but the bad parts are just sooo bad...such squandered potential..it can seriously be the next Star Wars. I truly believe this. A Blackest Night film trilogy has the potential to be the next Star Wars. Green Lantern TAS took a lot of inspiration from Star Wars, the next movie series definitely should too. That's what this should aspire to be. But it's unique enough that it can shine on its own without being too similar.

The DCAU and the Batman movies are what initially made me a DC fan, but I can admit that they didn't do everything perfectly. There were some great Green Lantern centric episodes, but I really think they ****ed up the GL mythology. Kyle Rayner is basically Hal Jordan with Kyle Rayner's job, and we only see him once in a prominent role, and in a tiny role on Justice League Unlimited. Guy Gardner never shows up. And John Stewart is the main GL of the DCAU. The problem with this is that he has virtually no relationship with any of the villains he faces. The way the DCAU handled Sinestro is a joke. Batman takes him out with 3 batarangs in one episode, and he literally has no relationship whatsoever with John Stewart. Sinestro's most prominent role in the DCAU is in an episode of STAS, where is primary motivation for attacking Kyle Rayner is because Sinestro wants Abin Sur's ring which has been passed to Kyle. He's a bland villain with a bad motivation. Overall, it's a pretty weak handling of Green Lantern's nemesis. Geoff Johns' later take on Sinestro fleshed out the character in a way that had never been done before. He's almost an antihero now, and the GL/Sinestro relationship is something that shouldn't be skipped over. Star Sapphire is another character that showed up in the DCAU with basically zero motivation and zero connection to Green Lantern. Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire had zero development in the DCAU.. another opportunity squandered because they decided to use John Stewart as the lead.

Don't even get me started on the way they handled The Flash in the DCAU.. I'm able to appreciate their takes on GL and The Flash, but there were a lot of missteps and missed opportunities regarding both of those characters. Getting rid of Barry Allen, and amalgamating him with Wally and Bart was weird. The legacy aspect of The Flash is part of what makes those characters so awesome.

The DCAU was amazing, but GL and Flash weren't perfect there. Their Wonder Woman was flawed as well. Ares was mishandled as Wonder Woman's nemesis and he was introduced way too late into the show. Hades sort of assumed the role of Ares in the JL animated series. There were some amazing aspects of their take, and overall their Wonder Woman is easily the best adaptation along with the 2009 movie, but still the handling of Ares is a pretty big mistake to make.

If there is an intention to make Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman movies in the future, they should draw more from the comics than the JL animated series for those characters.

Start the universe off with Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. Introduce the secondary characters like John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, and Wally West in their respective Green Lantern and The Flash solo movies. That's always been the best way to do it.

If Martian Manhunter doesn't get introduced in the Justice League movie, bring him in as a supporting character in a Green Lantern movie.

Seriously the Silver Age lineup is where it's at, but I can settle for the New 52 lineup, that's a pretty good alternative. The New 52 lineup is where I draw the line though, no more changes beyond that lineup need to be made.

If there is any hope at all of a movie series for Green Lantern and The Flash or both, then Hal and Barry are the ones that have to be introduced.

The majority of the New 52 has been pretty solid, it would be smart to build the new movie universe around that world, and I think that's the plan. The movies are going to obviously do their own thing, but I think the New 52 will surely be a big inspiration.

It would be a big surprise if the Justice League lineup isn't the New 52 lineup. DC has spent a number of years promoting Barry and Hal as THE Flash and THE Green Lantern, it would be strange if they weren't in the movies.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:57 PM   #11
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

HA will not read... :P

Quote:
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

Last edited by Hazarddude; 09-13-2014 at 07:03 PM.
Old 09-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #12
jasontodd
Superhero Enthusiast

I would be on board with a green lantern/flash film.

Long Live Spectacular Spider - Man!!!!

Old 09-13-2014, 07:08 PM   #13
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
Will not read... :P
basically DCAU was amazing, but not perfect. It mishandled:

Green Lantern: by not using Hal Jordan, their GL had no relationships with the villains he faced, and they were underdeveloped villains with bad motivations as a result. Sinestro is THE GL villain and they dropped the ball because John Stewart has virtually no relationship with Sinestro

The Flash: Wally West, Barry Allen, and Bart Allen combined into one character is dumb, the legacy aspect of The Flash is too great to overlook. No Kid Flash in the DCAU is disappointing

Wonder Woman: Ares, Wonder Woman's nemesis was introduced way too late into the show, and Hades basically took on the role of Ares in the DCAU.

People want GL to be John Stewart solely because he was cool in the DCAU. my point is that GL was actually a mishandled character, and that the DCAU shouldn't be where they drawn inspiration for characters like GL, The Flash and Wonder Woman.

Hal and Barry for movie GL and Flash

Old 09-13-2014, 07:14 PM   #14
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasontodd View Post
I would be on board with a green lantern/flash film.
I want that since it means more GL and Flash in live action. But I'd rather have solo movies for those characters.

I want a Flashpoint film adaptation, and a Green Lantern film series that builds towards Blackest Night.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:16 PM   #15
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

Now awating a GL series announcement as well...

Quote:
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

Old 09-13-2014, 07:20 PM   #16
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
Now awating a GL series announcement as well...
Seriously though, it's coming. Whether it's tv or a movie, a GL series is coming. Just look at the lineup already:

Man of Steel film series
Batman v Superman
Justice League
Wonder Woman
Aquaman
Shazam
Sandman
The Flash (tv)
Teen Titans (tv)
Supergirl (tv)
Green Arrow (tv)
Constantine (tv)
Gotham (tv)

Green Lantern's absence is pretty notable. He's going to pop up somewhere. Hopefully in his own film or tv series. .

I still think Nikki Finke's GL/Flash rumor was probably pretty accurate though

Old 09-13-2014, 07:21 PM   #17
TheNextNolan22
Oh Hi There Mistah J!

WB is going to sit on a GL series for quite a while. That I'm sure of.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #18
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNextNolan22 View Post
WB is going to sit on a GL series for quite a while. That I'm sure of.
I don't know about that. I can see definitely see a Green Lantern tv series coming out very soon

As for the films, they just need to establish an awesome new Hal Jordan in the Justice League movie, and then they can spin him off into a GL/Flash movie or even his own series.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:24 PM   #19
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

I know Goef didn't rule a GL movie out, said he can't talk about anything involving that.

Quote:
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

Old 09-13-2014, 07:27 PM   #20
Juke Box Hero
( ͝סּ ͜ʖ͡סּ)

It'd be interesting to see GL on the CW. I'd prefer a film series, but as long as GL and the Flash show up in the JL films I'm fine with both having shows rather than film franchises (for now).

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 09-13-2014, 07:29 PM   #21
Rorschach2012
$

I've been telling you people... but if you haven't... watch Green Lantern The Animated Series RIGHT NOW. it's amazing

A lot of the time, i honestly enjoy the animated DC stuff more than the movies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juke Box Hero View Post
It'd be interesting to see GL on the CW. I'd prefer a film series, but as long as GL and the Flash show up in the JL films I'm fine with both having shows rather than film franchises (for now).
Yeah dude that's pretty much how I feel as well. I want to see Hal Jordan introduced in the CW universe (it's so obvious, Ollie and Barry are already major characters), but more interesting to me is the idea of GL on TNT. TNT features the show Falling Skies, and it features some of the best CGI i've ever seen on a tv show.

a GL tv series doesn't even need to be tied to a greater DC universe. His universe is so vast that it isn't necessary, so having him on his own network, away from the CW heroes wouldn't be a big problem for me. Even though crossing over with those characters would be awesome.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:31 PM   #22
Travesty
TEOL

I like the animated DC shows/movies, too. Not all of them, but I tend to enjoy most of them.

I haven't watched GL, so I'll look out for that. Does it happen to be on Netflix or Amazon?

Old 09-13-2014, 07:34 PM   #23
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Exactly. Geoff Johns has turned Sinestro into one of the greatest DC villains. Sinestro has always been an interesting character, but Johns added so much to the Hal/Sinestro dynamic, he's unquestionably promoted both Hal Jordan and Sinestro to A List status at DC.

Geoff Johns' work on Green Lantern is genius and so ripe for a movie series. Green Lantern the animated series and Green Lantern First Flight give a good idea of how epic Green Lantern could be in a movie series. Parts of the Green Lantern movie are awesome, but the bad parts are just sooo bad...such squandered potential..it can seriously be the next Star Wars. I truly believe this. A Blackest Night film trilogy has the potential to be the next Star Wars. Green Lantern TAS took a lot of inspiration from Star Wars, the next movie series definitely should too. That's what this should aspire to be. But it's unique enough that it can shine on its own without being too similar.

The DCAU and the Batman movies are what initially made me a DC fan, but I can admit that they didn't do everything perfectly. There were some great Green Lantern centric episodes, but I really think they ****ed up the GL mythology. Kyle Rayner is basically Hal Jordan with Kyle Rayner's job, and we only see him once in a prominent role, and in a tiny role on Justice League Unlimited. Guy Gardner never shows up. And John Stewart is the main GL of the DCAU. The problem with this is that he has virtually no relationship with any of the villains he faces. The way the DCAU handled Sinestro is a joke. Batman takes him out with 3 batarangs in one episode, and he literally has no relationship whatsoever with John Stewart. Sinestro's most prominent role in the DCAU is in an episode of STAS, where is primary motivation for attacking Kyle Rayner is because Sinestro wants Abin Sur's ring which has been passed to Kyle. He's a bland villain with a bad motivation. Overall, it's a pretty weak handling of Green Lantern's nemesis. Geoff Johns' later take on Sinestro fleshed out the character in a way that had never been done before. He's almost an antihero now, and the GL/Sinestro relationship is something that shouldn't be skipped over. Star Sapphire is another character that showed up in the DCAU with basically zero motivation and zero connection to Green Lantern. Carol Ferris/Star Sapphire had zero development in the DCAU.. another opportunity squandered because they decided to use John Stewart as the lead.

Don't even get me started on the way they handled The Flash in the DCAU.. I'm able to appreciate their takes on GL and The Flash, but there were a lot of missteps and missed opportunities regarding both of those characters. Getting rid of Barry Allen, and amalgamating him with Wally and Bart was weird. The legacy aspect of The Flash is part of what makes those characters so awesome.

The DCAU was amazing, but GL and Flash weren't perfect there. Their Wonder Woman was flawed as well. Ares was mishandled as Wonder Woman's nemesis and he was introduced way too late into the show. Hades sort of assumed the role of Ares in the JL animated series. There were some amazing aspects of their take, and overall their Wonder Woman is easily the best adaptation along with the 2009 movie, but still the handling of Ares is a pretty big mistake to make.

If there is an intention to make Green Lantern, Flash and Wonder Woman movies in the future, they should draw more from the comics than the JL animated series for those characters.

Start the universe off with Hal Jordan and Barry Allen. Introduce the secondary characters like John Stewart, Guy Gardner, Kyle Rayner, and Wally West in their respective Green Lantern and The Flash solo movies. That's always been the best way to do it.

If Martian Manhunter doesn't get introduced in the Justice League movie, bring him in as a supporting character in a Green Lantern movie.

Seriously the Silver Age lineup is where it's at, but I can settle for the New 52 lineup, that's a pretty good alternative. The New 52 lineup is where I draw the line though, no more changes beyond that lineup need to be made.

If there is any hope at all of a movie series for Green Lantern and The Flash or both, then Hal and Barry are the ones that have to be introduced.

The majority of the New 52 has been pretty solid, it would be smart to build the new movie universe around that world, and I think that's the plan. The movies are going to obviously do their own thing, but I think the New 52 will surely be a big inspiration.

It would be a big surprise if the Justice League lineup isn't the New 52 lineup. DC has spent a number of years promoting Barry and Hal as THE Flash and THE Green Lantern, it would be strange if they weren't in the movies.
Um Despero and the Manhunters were with John's villains.

Also Arkham Knight footage was leaked.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:36 PM   #24
kguillou
Side-Kick

GL is on netflix, its a really good cartoon. Its starts off a weeee bit slow but once the storyline kicks in it gets very engaging. Definitely ended before its time.

Old 09-13-2014, 07:37 PM   #25
Orb
Lord of Demons

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Also Arkham Knight footage was leaked.
..did it now? *cough* *cough*

Batman V Superman
Dawn of Justice
Closed Thread