The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 03:22 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - Part 20

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-05-2015, 03:22 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - Part 19

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 12-05-2015, 03:22 AM   #3
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

A lot of it is being told from Batmans perspective with Superman being the evil thing he was to kill

Blade • X-Men • Spider-Man • Blade 2 • X-Men 2 • HULK • Spider-Man 2 • Iron Man • X-Men First Class • Thor • Captain America: The First Avenger • The Amazing Spider-Man • The Wolverine • X-Men Days of Future Past • Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 12-05-2015, 03:24 AM   #4
BH/HHH
Team Oval Buckle (TOB)

Default Re: Henry Cavill IS Superman - - - - - - - Part 21

See to me although they are showing that, I think it's doing its best to show Batman is wrong. I actually think in all the trailers Superman has come off better, you even have Alfred sticking up for Superman.

SUPERMAN TO BATMAN (BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE)
Old 12-05-2015, 03:26 AM   #5
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CyclopsWasRight View Post
A lot of it is being told from Batmans perspective with Superman being the evil thing he was to kill
Well thats what happens when that damn alien wrecks a city.

Last edited by jokesonm3; 12-05-2015 at 03:34 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:34 AM   #6
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokesonm3 View Post
Well thats what happens when that damn aliens wrecks a city.
He didn't wreck a city. He was trying to stop those responsible and in the end saved the entire world. Batman owes his life to Superman really because if he didn't stop them Earth would be new Krypton.

Batman is just so angry and raging he's lashing out, at the wrong person.

I understand his anger but given his irrevocable hatred for Superman I can't see how the two would ever be friends an teammates.

Sure they'll team up against Doomsday in a 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' sense but his hatred for Superman is a big obstacle the writers will have to overcome come for them to work together frequently.

Blade • X-Men • Spider-Man • Blade 2 • X-Men 2 • HULK • Spider-Man 2 • Iron Man • X-Men First Class • Thor • Captain America: The First Avenger • The Amazing Spider-Man • The Wolverine • X-Men Days of Future Past • Guardians of the Galaxy
Old 12-05-2015, 03:34 AM   #7
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Sorry... I don't see that at all, and I think I would have noticed it since I don't think in comics or across media that they've done well by Superman in context with teaming him with Batman in stories for a long time now. Other than the "Knightmare" stuff, we are seeing heroic Superman, and since we know that Superman didn't bring down the building and kill Bruce's employees and since we also know that most of the destruction of the Black Zero even was caused by the Gravity Beam and NOT Superman, in a way Batman is mirroring the unfounded anger from those who ranted about "All the people Superman killed and buildings he knocked down" since he didn't do any of that, so Batman is partially in the wrong even if there's some other valid points to be made. I am not at all seeing some bias for Bats.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:35 AM   #8
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

But that son of a ***** brought the war to us!

Old 12-05-2015, 03:36 AM   #9
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
He didn't wreck a city. He was trying to stop those responsible and in the end saved the entire world. Batman owes his life to Superman really because if he didn't stop them Earth would be new Krypton.

I understand his anger but given his irrevocable hatred for Superman I can't see how the two would ever be friends an teammates.

Sure they'll team up against Doomsday in a 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend' sense but his hatred for Superman is a big obstacle the writers will have to overcome come for them to work together frequently.
All knowledge is self knowledge, as Bruce Lee says. Perhaps Bruce's arc is in fact to realize how wrong he is to hang onto that anger at Superman or at least to conflate it with his own feelings about a number of things in his life?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:36 AM   #10
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
He's gonna have to destroy him!

Old 12-05-2015, 03:37 AM   #11
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Quote:

And from Batmans perspective as per the trailers it doesnt matter who did more damage to the city whether it be Zod or Superman, that fact that these flying aliens wrecked it and one of em is still alive after wrecking his tower infuriates him, thus the rage.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:37 AM   #12
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LibidoLoca View Post
There we go.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:41 AM   #13
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
And from Batmans perspective as per the trailers it doesnt matter who did more damage to the city whether it be Zod or Superman, that fact that these flying aliens wrecked it and one of em is still alive after wrecking his tower infuriates him, thus the rage.
I have thought for a long time now that Bruce felt so powerless in the face of the Kryptonian attack that it dredged up the feelings of when his parents died. He's conflating the two instances emotionally speaking. Superman has in his mind become this personified symbol of how violence and chaos can come out of nowhere to wreck lives. He's not coming at this rationally. If he were, he'd probably be able to suss out the truth behind Luthor, but he's blinded by his own self righteous passion and rage.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:49 AM   #14
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I have thought for a long time now that Bruce felt so powerless in the face of the Kryptonian attack that it dredged up the feelings of when his parents died. He's conflating the two instances emotionally speaking. Superman has in his mind become this personified symbol of how violence and chaos can come out of nowhere to wreck lives. He's not coming at this rationally. If he were, he'd probably be able to suss out the truth behind Luthor, but he's blinded by his own self righteous passion and rage.
Exactly, this rage and inevitable fight against Superman will be based on an emotional core of feeling powerlessness from his childhood.

Joe Chill kills Thomas and Martha Wayne, But young Bruce is to powerless to do anything, so he's trained for years, became the ultimate force for vengeance and justice to hope to never feel powerless like that again, until he was finally introduced to the metahuman world where once again no matter how much training and gadgets he has he still feels powerless to Superman.

Dare i say Superman in a way reminds him of Joe Chill?

Nah im going overboard with that lol.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:51 AM   #15
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

Quote:
All knowledge is self knowledge, as Bruce Lee says. Perhaps Bruce's arc is in fact to realize how wrong he is to hang onto that anger at Superman or at least to conflate it with his own feelings about a number of things in his life?
Could be

Quote:
All the while ignoring all the good deeds that remaining Alien has done. He's seeing only what he wants to see and not reality.

Theres Superman not saving a few hundred thousands lives in the battle and Superman saving 7 billion lives in stopping the Kryptonians. He chooses only to see the former and ignores the latter and everything since

Last edited by CyclopsWasRight; 12-05-2015 at 03:56 AM.
Old 12-05-2015, 03:51 AM   #16
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly, this rage and inevitable fight against Superman will be based on an emotional core of feeling powerlessness from his childhood.

Joe Chill kills Thomas and Martha Wayne, But young Bruce is to powerless to do anything, so he's trained for years, became the ultimate force for vengeance and justice to hope to never feel powerless like that again, until he was finally introduced to the metahuman world where once again no matter how much training and gadgets he has he still feels powerless to Superman.

Dare i say Superman in a way reminds him of Joe Chill?

Nah im going overboard with that lol.
He's angry enough to compare Clark TO HIS FACE with the psychotic killer of his partner and adopted son... Let that sink in people.

Old 12-05-2015, 03:55 AM   #17
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Quote:
He's angry enough to compare Clark TO HIS FACE with the psychotic killer of his partner and adopted son... Let that sink in people.
I gotta say this is one smart motive by Snyder.

Old 12-05-2015, 06:30 AM   #18
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
I gotta say this is one smart motive by Snyder.
That's actually the point in the trailer where I was hyped the most. Then Lex appeared

But yeah, the writing seems a lot more "comfortable" for a better word than MOS

Old 12-05-2015, 09:32 AM   #19
MydnightPhoenix
Lois Lane --> Leia Lane

I never got the image that Superman was portrayed as a bad person. I think the trailers and build up have done good to show Superman is here to help but people, including Batman, have justifiable fears about him as anyone would. Actually Bruce is coming off very prejudice in the most recent trailer making me think that the world is not aware of people like Supes, Aquamam, WW, Flash etc. at all.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:28 AM   #20
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Old 12-07-2015, 07:30 AM   #21
jokesonm3
Jokes For Short.

Old 12-07-2015, 08:17 AM   #22
Zoom
Midnight King

Quote:
Awesome contrast!

Old 12-07-2015, 08:20 AM   #23
Mrs. Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
That's actually the point in the trailer where I was hyped the most. Then Lex appeared

But yeah, the writing seems a lot more "comfortable" for a better word than MOS
When Lex made his appearance, one of my friends (not a big CBM fan) said the whole scene reminded her of something out of a Tarantino movie with how comical a character Lex was putting on. Kind of like Leonardo's character in Django. Comical but evil as ****.

"Mad indeed would I be to expect it, in a case where my very senses reject their own evidence. Yet mad, am I not -- and very surely do I not dream. But tomorrow I die, and today I would unburthen my soul."

"Anyone could just choose to read comic books all the time and when people are like, ‘What about literature?’ you’ll be like, ‘Whatever man!’"-Ezra Miller.
Old 12-07-2015, 09:01 AM   #24
elgaz
Side-Kick

Ironic that the Clark Kent many of us grew up was (pretending to be, at least) a bumbling, clumsy and naive reporter to those around him, whilst the real Clark Kent - the heroic, determined and fearless one - was hidden beneath, only appearing when Superman was needed.

In this incarnation, it seems to be Lex who is the one putting on the facade; appearing as an overzealous, excitable and irritating young billionaire whilst secretly hiding the cold, calculating and evil personality which truly defines him.

Old 12-07-2015, 01:47 PM   #25
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
Ironic that the Clark Kent many of us grew up was (pretending to be, at least) a bumbling, clumsy and naive reporter to those around him, whilst the real Clark Kent - the heroic, determined and fearless one - was hidden beneath, only appearing when Superman was needed.

In this incarnation, it seems to be Lex who is the one putting on the facade; appearing as an overzealous, excitable and irritating young billionaire whilst secretly hiding the cold, calculating and evil personality which truly defines him.
You might have to speak for yourself on that one. The first Clark Kent I grew up with was the Dean Cain version who played Clark as the "real identity".

I believe he was the first live-action actor to do so. So Cavil might owe him some credit in the regards.

Closed Thread