The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 06-17-2014, 04:24 AM   #451
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

I wonder if Snyder will direct mos2. I would be fine with it because I loved mos so much, but I also wouldn't mind another director doing it. I'm sure snyder will be somewhat fatigued of the universe after JL.

Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #452
matt47
Side-Kick

Who knows aye. Snyder seems to much of a fan boy to get fatigued with this universe. I mean, think about about, he gets to tell all his favourite hero's what to do everyday!

matt47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:27 AM   #453
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
I wonder if Snyder will direct mos2. I would be fine with it because I loved mos so much, but I also wouldn't mind another director doing it. I'm sure snyder will be somewhat fatigued of the universe after JL.
Might as well. Although i would like to see another director tackle Henry Cavil as Superman before he eventually bows out.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:36 AM   #454
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

After this opening Snyder trilogy of MOS/BvS/JL, I'd like to see other directors take the solo movies in separate directions.

If he stays on for anything, I imagine it'll be for the Justice League movies (unless it's terrible).

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 06-17-2014 at 04:39 AM.
FeedOnATreeFrog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 04:39 AM   #455
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
After this opening Snyder trilogy of MOS/BvS/JL, I'd like to see other directors take the solo movies.

If he stays on for anything, I imagine it'll be for the Justice League movies (unless it's terrible).
I'd like each JL movie to be directed by someone who does a solo movie, for example if Ben affleck does a Bat solo film, then he should do JL2 as well, or whoever does a WW movie should do another JL movie and so on.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 06-17-2014, 04:51 AM   #456
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Affleck can direct the MOS sequel, while dressed as Batman. Kevin Smith can follow him around, filming the behind-the-scenes stuff.

Jake Cassidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 05:10 AM   #457
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
Affleck can direct the MOS sequel, while dressed as Batman. Kevin Smith can follow him around, filming the behind-the-scenes stuff.
As much as I'm sure he'd love to do that, I don't think he has the time for that

Old 06-17-2014, 05:27 AM   #458
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

It would be creativity sapping for Snyder to film 4 DCCU movie back to back in a row.

He might want time to do his own things.

I for one hope he comes back to direct 300 Part 3. I missed his touch in 300 Part 2 but he was snatched away by MOS.

Old 06-17-2014, 05:35 AM   #459
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
It would be creativity sapping for Snyder to film 4 DCCU movie back to back in a row.

He might want time to do his own things.

I for one hope he comes back to direct 300 Part 3. I missed his touch in 300 Part 2 but he was snatched away by MOS.
I'd rather he get back to doing The Last Photograph.

Old 06-17-2014, 06:15 AM   #460
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

I'm shocked that Snyder is doing even 3 DCCU films in a row.

He should go do something else.

DA_Champion is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:07 AM   #461
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

ďI have no superhero fatigue.Ē - ZS in 2012. ( http://www.mtv.com/news/1697714/man-of-steel-trailer-hobbit/ )

I doubt he does now. I also remember in one of the interviews for SP (too lazy to go dig it up now) he said he loves doing these genre movies and would have no problem making such films for the rest of his life.

G.Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 07:20 AM   #462
The Endless
WE are Groot

I don't think he'll be fatigued. This is a dream come true for him.

Old 06-17-2014, 11:21 AM   #463
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

Wonder if WB's is courting Liman for something DC after how good Edge of Tomorrow was quality wise

Pickleweasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2014, 11:35 AM   #464
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA

It's not that I don't like snyder, I would just like to see what other directors can do with some of the properties we're about to get.

If that proposed movie line up for DC is accurate, Snyder can't direct all of them.

Chip Chipperson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:18 AM   #465
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

"Let them hate; They're all gonna be first in line opening night."

Oh and Le bump.

TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:25 AM   #466
D.P.
Banned User

So many Snyder threads, so little time!

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:27 AM   #467
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

For all the **** he gets on here especially, he seems to be quite popular. Wonder why?

Old 08-02-2014, 03:28 AM   #468
D.P.
Banned User

Your face is only as good as your heel.

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 03:31 AM   #469
TheNextNolan22
Bork Hungry! Bork Smash!

But what if there two two heels? We would be left with either Bad Luck Fale vs. Doc Gallows or AJ Styles vs. Minoru Suzuki (I can't judge the latter because I haven't seen it yet, but the reactions I've been seeing say it's ****ing amazing).

You know what I mean.

Old 08-02-2014, 03:42 AM   #470
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
It's not that I don't like snyder, I would just like to see what other directors can do with some of the properties we're about to get.

If that proposed movie line up for DC is accurate, Snyder can't direct all of them.
i think it's incredibly lazy of them (wb) to be honest, but I like the films so i won't complain. i think they're just going to go with what works. it's the reason they wanted nolan back so badly, the reason they got singer to direct superman returns, but considering the talent they've had (the wachowski's, Cuaron, Jackson, del toro) it's kind of mind boggling that they haven't conversations (as far as we know) with them other than the whispers of del toro and jl dark.

Old 08-02-2014, 05:37 AM   #471
WBwins
Side-Kick

I expect after MOS/BVS/JL ,Zak will stick to making JL movies only.

Interested in Duncan Jones taking over the Superman franchise.

WBwins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 09:50 AM   #472
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
i think it's incredibly lazy of them (wb) to be honest, but I like the films so i won't complain. i think they're just going to go with what works. it's the reason they wanted nolan back so badly, the reason they got singer to direct superman returns, but considering the talent they've had (the wachowski's, Cuaron, Jackson, del toro) it's kind of mind boggling that they haven't conversations (as far as we know) with them other than the whispers of del toro and jl dark.
How is it lazy? Mos leads into BvS and that leads into JL. By keeping the same director they are maintaining the same look throughout out the series. I am sure that whatever WB's plans are post JL...Snyder isn't directing them all.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 10:23 AM   #473
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
How is it lazy? Mos leads into BvS and that leads into JL. By keeping the same director they are maintaining the same look throughout out the series. I am sure that whatever WB's plans are post JL...Snyder isn't directing them all.
by that logic he should direct all of them because they'll all be tied together with the "same look throught out the series". It's lazy for that very reason, and I'd bet had it not been for ben bringing in terrio, goyer would be writing most of them too. Because that's all they know. they're not interested in bringing in unproven talent, i.e. talent that hasn't been apart of raking in the big bucks like goyer who still has the nolan bats cache to his name.

Old 08-02-2014, 10:31 AM   #474
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
by that logic he should direct all of them because they'll all be tied together with the "same look throught out the series". It's lazy for that very reason, and I'd bet had it not been for ben bringing in terrio, goyer would be writing most of them too. Because that's all they know. they're not interested in bringing in unproven talent, i.e. talent that hasn't been apart of raking in the big bucks like goyer who still has the nolan bats cache to his name.
That's not lazy. Snyder gave them a hit...they are going to continue working with him. Is it lazy that Whedon is directing 2 Avengers movies...is it lazy they got Gunn for another GOTG?
We don't know who brought in Terrio...it may have been Ben or it may have been WB since he has a deal with them.
These films are way too important to WB to bring in unproven talent...but then again no other studio has used unproven talent on it's big tentpole franchises.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2014, 12:00 PM   #475
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
That's not lazy. Snyder gave them a hit...they are going to continue working with him. Is it lazy that Whedon is directing 2 Avengers movies...is it lazy they got Gunn for another GOTG?
We don't know who brought in Terrio...it may have been Ben or it may have been WB since he has a deal with them.
These films are way too important to WB to bring in unproven talent...but then again no other studio has used unproven talent on it's big tentpole franchises.
of all the comparisons you're going to pick you choose whedon? really? i must have missed whedon's captain america 1 and 2, whedon's thor 1 and 2, whedon's iron man trilogy.

unproven talent was a poor choice of words by me. I'd already named directors they could have had attracted. filmmakers they've worked with in the past they have brought them success like the wachowski's, jackson, del toro and the cuaron.

and regarding terrio, you're smarter than that. do you really need someone to spell it out for you? you can't put two and two together? goyer was writing it before ben got cast. ben comes along and all of a sudden terrio gets picked up. gee, i wonder why? it was probably because it wasn't up to oscar winning ben's standards.