The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 04-28-2014, 11:22 PM   #51
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Default Re: The Official Zack Snyder Directs Everything Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.
Not to mention that Goyer and Snyder (specially goyer who's written some) know the comic stuff.

"I worry because everyone seems to look up to me and it's making me a little uncomfortable. I can try but I can't solve every problem. I don't know if I can live up to this... myth they want me to be." Superman.
MAN OF STEEL: THE BEST SUPERMAN MOVIE AND OUR 21st CENTURY SUPERMAN.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:29 PM   #52
roach
I am the night

don't forget Michael E. Uslan who has produced every Batman film and teaches a university course on comic books...and Benjamin Melniker who has also produced every Batman film

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:35 PM   #53
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I am sure they will take into account various criticisms fans, movie critics, general audience and comic book writers gave (not to mention people in the rival Marvel Studios) and make the required changes.

I mean, script writers take the feedback into consideration while writing a new script.

*\S/T*
Bruce_Begins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:40 PM   #54
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Goyer has a habit of taking inspiration from the source material available for writing a script, then there is Geoff Johns.. who could provide some input if he thinks that something is missing (he is the producer)

If the dialogue is polished by Territo or Kurt Johnstad (Snyder's preferred dialogue writer) then there should be no problem.

*\S/T*
Old 04-28-2014, 11:41 PM   #55
Asr
Side-Kick

I've never understood why WB's movie studio is so separated from their Animation department. How come they can't get some creative input from folks like Timm, Dini, et al, who've been doing superhero stuff for ages and know the source material?

I'd trust a creative team that consisted of at least one of the guys from the Animation department....

Asr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:42 PM   #56
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I am sure they will take into account various criticisms fans, movie critics, general audience and comic book writers gave (not to mention people in the rival Marvel Studios) and make the required changes.

I mean, script writers take the feedback into consideration while writing a new script.
TBH the only feedback a screenwriter should listen to is those provided by the studio.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in today’s protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You don’t like a story? That’s fine – don’t read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2014, 11:44 PM   #57
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post
I've never understood why WB's movie studio is so separated from their Animation department. How come they can't get some creative input from folks like Timm, Dini, et al, who've been doing superhero stuff for ages and know the source material?

I'd trust a creative team that consisted of at least one of the guys from the Animation department....
Keep Bruce Timm the hell away from anything Superman. There... I said it.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:08 AM   #58
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asr View Post

So we can see Bruce Timm wank Batman some more and care less about the rest of the Justice League? No thanks.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 12:39 AM   #59
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

I found Bruce Timm's Superman The Animated series well made, it was fairly popular, and his Green Lantern The Animated series was good too.

*\S/T*
Old 04-29-2014, 01:59 AM   #60
combocaz
Side-Kick

Since snyder is directing Justice League i assume that ben affleck will take care of the batman solo films.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
combocaz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:10 AM   #61
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't direct.

He does act in other people's movies after all. Gone Girl, etc. (speaking of which, perhaps he'll bring Fincher along to direct Batman).

FeedOnATreeFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:15 AM   #62
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
Love your sig btw. I can't look at it and not be reminded of the great music in that scene. The music (and Superman's epic strutting and vocal delivery) always gets me so pumped up for the third act.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
That scene.

So much Superman goodness. That confidence...that swag...

\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 02:33 AM   #63
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

That mixolydian mode. (for all any musicians here...)

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 04-29-2014 at 03:04 AM.
Old 04-29-2014, 03:04 AM   #64
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

yeah yeah that's what I said

Old 04-29-2014, 03:47 AM   #65
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Arya- View Post
As much as I'm looking forward to SvB, I would have preferred some diversity with the creative team behind JL. I just hope Snyder can make each film feel distinct. Only time will tell.
I'd want a consistent tone across all of the films, but that's just me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
They look at the box office / experience.
Quote:
Charles Roven and Deborah Snyder are producing, with Benjamin Melniker, Michael E. Uslan, Wesley Coller, David S. Goyer and Geoff Johns serving as executive producers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Someone just think if a solo movie, reboot that had to deal with other previous version not doing 1B just not right. I can question which of the first movies made a billion?

And by the way if they looked at Snyder and goyer and terrio is because they trust the realistic and grounded world of MOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Not to mention that Goyer and Snyder (specially goyer who's written some) know the comic stuff.
Quote:
don't forget Michael E. Uslan who has produced every Batman film and teaches a university course on comic books...and Benjamin Melniker who has also produced every Batman film
Bingo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gu3ree View Post
To me, Man of Steel just felt to me like Snyder and Goyer tried to make Superman look less, and simple next to Batman, like yeah Superman is good, he's cool, but not as interesting as Batman.
D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 04:52 AM   #66
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

This news of Snyder directing JL must feel like gunshot wound to the Snyder haters.

They have spent the past year non stop complaining all over the internet that Snyder is only good at visuals, that he has the mind of a 12 year old boy, that superman never kills, and that they didn't like sucker punch.

And now they're stuck with him.

Honestly, that might give me more satisfaction than the movies themselves.

Last edited by DA_Champion; 04-29-2014 at 04:56 AM.
DA_Champion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:03 AM   #67
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA_Champion View Post
This news of Snyder directing JL must feel like gunshot wound to the Snyder haters.

They have spent the past year non stop complaining all over the internet that Snyder is only good at visuals, that he has the mind of a 12 year old boy, that superman never kills, and that they didn't like sucker punch.

And now they're stuck with him.

Honestly, that might give me more satisfaction than the movies themselves.
Quiet as kept, this has been me since yesterday:

But I didn't want to rub it in. Their tears are oh so sweet nonetheless.

Quote:
To me, Man of Steel just felt to me like Snyder and Goyer tried to make Superman look less, and simple next to Batman, like yeah Superman is good, he's cool, but not as interesting as Batman.
Old 04-29-2014, 05:17 AM   #68
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Lol, you two are like merciless carrion birds here to pick at the flesh. There be lots for the pickin too.

\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 05:22 AM   #69
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
Lol, you two are like merciless carrion birds here to pick at the flesh. There be lots for the pickin too.
Indeed Mrs. Kent...

Indeed.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2014, 06:07 AM   #70
The Endless
Side-Kick

I'm not a Snyder hater. I like a lot of his films, including MoS.

But that doesn't mean there isn't valid concerns when it comes to him and Goyer holding the keys to the DC cinematic universe.

Time will tell. I'm incredibly excited, but at the same time i'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend i'm 100% confident.

Old 04-29-2014, 06:37 AM   #71
D.P.
Dead Presidents.

Nothing wrong with cautious optimism. Some people are stubborn and rude when it comes to the Snyder criticisms though.

Quote:
Old 04-29-2014, 06:51 AM   #72
EssayM
Just A Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
I'm not a Snyder hater. I like a lot of his films, including MoS.

But that doesn't mean there isn't valid concerns when it comes to him and Goyer holding the keys to the DC cinematic universe.

Time will tell. I'm incredibly excited, but at the same time i'm not going to bury my head in the sand and pretend i'm 100% confident.
Yeah, that's kinda where I am too.

Old 04-29-2014, 08:42 AM   #73
-Arya-
Batman v Superman - 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
I'd want a consistent tone across all of the films, but that's just me.
Oh me too. Sorry, I didn't specify - I was referencing the story more than anything else.

-Arya- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 08:57 AM   #74
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Well if you loved MoS AND Sucker Punch, you should be ecstatic over this news. If you consider David Goyer to be a great (or even good) screenwriter, then, wow I wish I were you. Alas...

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Joeyjojo72 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2014, 09:45 AM   #75
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
Nothing wrong with cautious optimism. Some people are stubborn and rude when it comes to the Snyder criticisms though.
I find that Snyder-haters tend to focus on what he does wrong, then look the other way when he does something right. "Watchmen is shallow"..compared to what, the book? "Man of Steel made Superman into a gritty antihero who wrecked Metropolis." I guess him saving the kids on the bus or devoting the better part of his life to helping people as a lonely drifter doesn't count. And Metropolis had the world engine unleashed upon it, and much of the fight is around the blast radius.

"DOTD isn't as deep as the original." Well, then watch the original. If remakes had the exact same obligations as originals, then all they are just big budget reshoots, rather than reinterpretations.

Zack is a flawed filmmaker who gets a disproportionate amount of hate. I think some of that is due to the ambition on a bit of his projects, and some of that is due to the fact that he hasn't had any independently made movies from his own mind.

While I do think style over substance is a legitimate criticism, I do think people tend to read into the movies they like, and brush away the movies they don't. " I don't like his movies. All visuals, little depth. Now let's watch Pacific Rim, Del Toro's latest masterpiece ;" *

*I really liked Pacific Rim and thought it was about as good as a movie about giant mech suits punching robots could possibly be.*

TheFlamingCoco is offline   Reply With Quote