The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 10-29-2014, 01:24 PM   #1
Mister J
Say 'Gouda'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Wonder Woman's Role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Given the recent subforum reorganization, the WW-related threads were moved from this forum to Wonder Woman forum.

This thread will serve to house discussion of the character, specific to her appearance in BvS. Do visit the WW forum for more detailed discussion (Gadot, costume, Olympians, villains, etc.)

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Mister J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 02:53 PM   #2
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: Wonder Woman's Role in BvS

Perhaps WW could have a role similar to what Black Panther might have in the Civil War movie (where he may stand in for Spider-Man).

Being another royalty, maybe both Superman and Batman are trying to get WW on their side, and she tries to remain impartial. Perhaps she sees both points of view. Finally in the end of the movie, being an ambassador and peace maker, she manages to get the two of them to put aside their differences and unite against the real enemy (which perhaps she is only able to see because the other two are too entrenched in their positions).

Old 10-29-2014, 08:41 PM   #3
haephestus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
Finally in the end of the movie, being an ambassador and peace maker, she manages to get the two of them to put aside their differences and unite against the real enemy (which perhaps she is only able to see because the other two are too entrenched in their positions).
That would be awesome! And, in this way, Wonder Woman would be the "creator" of the future Justice League.

I think that Wonder Woman's experience as a Princess of Themyscira and champion of the Amazons would have given her valuable tools and experience in mediating conflict between opponents and in successfully negotiating an acceptable outcome. Those are the kinds of skills which could come in handly if, as strongly indicated, Batman and Superman have an antagonistic (if not outright confrontational) relationship in DoJ.

haephestus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 09:05 PM   #4
Bren
Forevernoob

Default Re: Wonder Woman's Role in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

While I always want Superman to 'be the better man', I wouldn't mind if both he and Batman get a gentle kick in the rear to realize they're on the same team.

Can just imagine the men grumpy at a JL meeting - Wonder Woman: "Now now boys, what did I say about pouting at the table"

Old 10-29-2014, 09:22 PM   #5
the last son
Side-Kick

Quote:
Perhaps WW could have a role similar to what Black Panther might have in the Civil War movie (where he may stand in for Spider-Man).

Being another royalty, maybe both Superman and Batman are trying to get WW on their side, and she tries to remain impartial. Perhaps she sees both points of view. Finally in the end of the movie, being an ambassador and peace maker, she manages to get the two of them to put aside their differences and unite against the real enemy (which perhaps she is only able to see because the other two are too entrenched in their positions).
Batman doesn't try to persuade anyone to join him. He doesn't need anyone. It's his way or the highway.

Old 10-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #6
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by haephestus View Post
That would be awesome! And, in this way, Wonder Woman would be the "creator" of the future Justice League.

I think that Wonder Woman's experience as a Princess of Themyscira and champion of the Amazons would have given her valuable tools and experience in mediating conflict between opponents and in successfully negotiating an acceptable outcome. Those are the kinds of skills which could come in handly if, as strongly indicated, Batman and Superman have an antagonistic (if not outright confrontational) relationship in DoJ.
Those are really nice theories

Old 10-29-2014, 11:11 PM   #7
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I think having Diana having a quasi "Nick Fury" role would be good. Have her be a key part of bringing the League together. Diplomat, warrior, possible connections to the US Intel community? A role like that could fit Diana.

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 11:20 PM   #8
Mister J
Say 'Gouda'!
SHH! Global Moderator

I would rather Batman and Superman get over whatever drama they have largely on their own, but if Diana were to effectively chide the both of them while citing the larger issues at hand, that'd be pretty sweet.

All in all, I still can't get a read on exactly how she plays into this. Then again, outside of the Bruce/Clark agro (and the inevitable move to JL), I can't gather a read on any of this.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 10-29-2014, 11:23 PM   #9
BatmanVSuperman
Gothopolis

I really think they will go for at least 1 or 2 moments where WW puts the "guys" in their place. It would get a good audience reaction too

"Superman Returns: I'm in awe of it. I watch it every now and then just to make sure I didn't dream up some of it while I was passed out drunk." Rocketman
BatmanVSuperman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:29 AM   #10
Zionite1
Side-Kick

I think shell be Supermans guide to the world of Superhuman races.Help him to take his place as a World Leader to the superhumans similar to her Role in Kingdom come

Last edited by Zionite1; 10-30-2014 at 05:03 AM.
Zionite1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:01 AM   #11
Arrowshieldfan
Side-Kick

WW role is like similar to IM2 Black widow as a intro to her character. I could see her bring batman and superman to work together which establish both friendship and the justice league

Arrowshieldfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:22 PM   #12
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

The First Wonder Woman Movie To Be Set In The 1920s, And Its Sequel During World War II
Posted on October 30, 2014 by Rich Johnston

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2014/10/...-world-war-ii/

We know there’s a Wonder Woman movie coming in 2017. We know it will star Gal Gadot in the lead, and she also appears in Batman Vs Superman: Dawn Of Justice.

But as of this date, we presumed it would be set in the modern day. Well, why wouldn’t we?

It’s not. I have been informed by those who have seen the greenlit treatment that the film will spends the first half on Paradise Island with warring Amazon factions vying for control.

An arrival of a man on the island changes that status quo, as he asks the Amazons for help. Not necessarily Steve Trevor either…

Because when Wonder Woman joins him on his return to the world of Man, we all discover that it is the 1920s. And the film will then show Diana exploring that world – a world where women have only just got the vote – from her… unique perspective.

A planned sequel would then take place during World War II in the thirties and forties. This of course was the period that the seventies TV show began in, before shifting to the then-modern day.

And a threequel would then take place in the modern day, with the Justice League Of America.

So. Not the Wonder Woman we were expecting. But the period-set Captain America; The First Avenger didn’t do too badly, did it?

Find me at: https://www.facebook.com/darryl.miller
Magic Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:51 PM   #13
djsunyc
Side-Kick

is that for real? oh my goodness...i don't think that's gonna work...

djsunyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:55 PM   #14
BravoNolanILuvU
Side-Kick

Hey everyone, let's start taking this rumor as fact and freak the **** out!

BravoNolanILuvU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #15
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Wonder Woman's been fighting Nazis since she started.

I'm good with this. Imagine Ares working with Hitler.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 03:56 PM   #16
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by BravoNolanILuvU View Post
Hey everyone, let's start taking this rumor as fact and freak the **** out!
you first.

Old 10-30-2014, 04:19 PM   #17
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

I'll go... No way will they do this IMO! As far as we know, the world doesn't know Wonder Woman yet, right? They whole start of this DCCU was when the world learned that aliens exist and that they are super-powered. If WW would have been around in the 1920's, wouldn't that have impacted the culture at that time, possibly? I mean I guess it wouldn't necessarily mean the world would have learned about her, but I just don't like this approach. I'm sure it's just a rumor though...right?

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:30 PM   #18
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

I am keeping my powder dry. If this were what was done, well it's not terrible, sight unseen. It depends on execution. On the other hand it also feels a bit WTF and I ain't sure this would be the way to present her to current audiences. It has the sickly smell of fan fic to it. Plus, how far away is the actual filming of the solo? Snyder is producing so... Do we buy a leak like this at this stage?

KRYPTON INC. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:34 PM   #19
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

That sounds good in theory but I call bullcrap.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 04:35 PM   #20
Hazarddude
Mrs. Wayne.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
I am keeping my powder dry. If this were what was done, well it's not terrible, sight unseen. It depends on execution. On the other hand it also feels a bit WTF and I ain't sure this would be the way to present her to current audiences. It has the sickly smell of fan fic to it. Plus, how far away is the actual filming of the solo? Snyder is producing so... Do we buy a leak like this at this stage?
This.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
PREVIOUSLY ON KRYPTON

"General Zod, you dropped your pen! I'll just KNEEL down and get it for you.
Hazarddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 05:30 PM   #21
Mister J
Say 'Gouda'!
SHH! Global Moderator

I don't buy it. The Wondy solo directly precedes JL. I find it hard to believe they aren't going to attempt to further the DCCU (as a specific framing device for whoever the big bad is in the team-up) after BvS with this visible of a project.

A period piece is essential to a Captain America origin. There's no need to it with Wonder Woman any more so than it is to start Superman off in the Great Depression or have Batman as a high-level brawler who breaks the necks of criminals.

A superpowered female, decked out in armor, doing all kinds of amazing **** and it's just effectively on the hush since the 20s? k.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #22
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Wonder Woman's been fighting Nazis since she started.

I'm good with this. Imagine Ares working with Hitler.
Imagine Hitler possessed by Ares. The God of War incarnating himself into one of the most bloodthirsty evil rulers in the entire violent history of mankind.

Plus, as I've mentioned recently, using WW2 gives Gal Gadot a chance to suit up and liberate a Nazi concentration camp, saving countless innocent Jews. What a cathartic moment for Gadot, especially if she lost family in the Holocaust.

Old 10-30-2014, 07:47 PM   #23
LEVITIKUZ
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
Imagine Hitler possessed by Ares. The God of War incarnating himself into one of the most bloodthirsty evil rulers in the entire violent history of mankind.

Plus, as I've mentioned recently, using WW2 gives Gal Gadot a chance to suit up and liberate a Nazi concentration camp, saving countless innocent Jews. What a cathartic moment for Gadot, especially if she lost family in the Holocaust.
Wrote this in the WW fourm.

You know, here's what I hope.

First film, WWII. I want WWII Wonder Woman. Have Ares be the one who controls Hitler. Ares is conquering Europe with Hitler as his puppet. Causes Wonder Woman to be involved. Maybe have it end in a way that's tragic, WW returned to Paradise Island and never went back into Man's World until Batman V Superman.

Goddamn it, I wanna write this. This is so good.

LEVITIKUZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2014, 07:59 PM   #24
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
Wrote this in the WW fourm.

You know, here's what I hope.

First film, WWII. I want WWII Wonder Woman. Have Ares be the one who controls Hitler. Ares is conquering Europe with Hitler as his puppet. Causes Wonder Woman to be involved. Maybe have it end in a way that's tragic, WW returned to Paradise Island and never went back into Man's World until Batman V Superman.

Goddamn it, I wanna write this. This is so good.
I'd love it for Ares to not only control Hitler, but possess him. Automatically giving Hitler the power of a god. That makes him a super-villain and if done right, the battle sequences between Diana and an amped up Hitler could be amazing.

Old 10-30-2014, 08:01 PM   #25
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

The whole concept behind MOS is that Superman is the first "super"hero that the world witnesses. So no, I dislike the idea of WW being in WWII.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
ThePhantasm is offline   Reply With Quote