The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 02-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - - Part 16

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - Part 15

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Thread Manager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:25 PM   #3
TheNextNolan22
UNBREAKABLE.

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - - Part 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I see we are having a comic book purist meltdown here!

Personally I see nothing terribly extreme about the look. I think the hair is what's throwing people off, but I love it.
Fixed and agreed. :o

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
TheNextNolan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:30 PM   #4
regwec
Sceadugenga

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - - - Part 1

That "fix" is only really supportable if you haven't read anything anyone has written.

Love Freedom?
regwec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 03:40 PM   #5
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Default Re: Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice News, Set & Official Photo Thread - - - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Am The Knight View Post
I see we are having a meltdown here!

Personally I see nothing terribly extreme about the look. I think the hair is what's throwing people off, but I love it.
It's not the hair for me. I actually like the hair.

Couple of us have pointed out reasons for not liking it in previous part of this thread and it would be too much if we were to repeat them. Also we would most probably be accused of "whining", so if you're not too lazy, help yourself.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'

Last edited by KillerWolf; 02-22-2015 at 03:47 PM.
KillerWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:39 PM   #6
Kal-El.9859
Trust No One

Aquaman's hair doesn't bother me. But I don't care for the tattoos. I think they serve two purposes. Heritage background and the tattoos on his arm resemble the design on his comic book costume

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 04:53 PM   #7
Mad Love
◔﹏◉ like a fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
It could have been worst
Haha, that costume is like 'What if Aquaman was a trainer at SeaWorld'.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Shazam View Post
I was thinking about something. Wouldn't it be cool if those tattoos changed colour? Like a camouflage or something.
Someone on Twitter suggested he be able to glow bioluminescence, and someone here said the tattoos should glow like Kaldur.

I'm not really keen on changing Aquaman's powers to copy someone else. Would rather stick to how he's unique and bring in other characters that are different.

Last edited by Mad Love; 02-22-2015 at 04:57 PM.
Mad Love is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:10 PM   #8
Bran The Man
Sumthin', Sumthin' Hero.

No love for "Ocean camouflage Aquaman"?

Bran The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:23 PM   #9
Mad Love
◔﹏◉ like a fanboy

Well, it does fit his name... :P

Old 02-22-2015, 05:25 PM   #10
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Love View Post
Haha, that costume is like 'What if Aquaman was a trainer at SeaWorld'.

Someone on Twitter suggested he be able to glow bioluminescence, and someone here said the tattoos should glow like Kaldur.

I'm not really keen on changing Aquaman's powers to copy someone else. Would rather stick to how he's unique and bring in other characters that are different.
Bioluminescent tattoos...that may be interesting. Maybe it only would happen when he is going to attack with his trident. That may be too much for fans though.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2015, 05:26 PM   #11
green

Actually that suit is used as a real thing and meant as shark camouflage.

Old 02-22-2015, 05:28 PM   #12
Bran The Man
Sumthin', Sumthin' Hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post

Cool!

Bran The Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:12 AM   #13
mithravishnu
"We need HOPE"

Quote:

Thats nice.

mithravishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 03:53 AM   #14
The Slang
Side-Kick

As someone who doesn't really know much about Aquaman, I only have one criticism about the image of Mamoa and it's the hair. Ideally, any live action depiction of a comic book character should be immediately recognizable as the character they are based on. After all, the only reason an adaption is being made is because people have come to like and to recognize the character in question. One way to assure this is to keep the basic colour scheme intact. Without blonde hair there's very little to make people identify Mamoa with the images that the collective public associate with Aquaman.
It's the same reason I can't see Amy Adams as Lois Lane, no matter how good a job she does. I just see her as a red head who happens to share traits with Lois Lane.

I feel like the lack of color in the image is an attempt to hide the inconsistencies with the color scheme as a way to not anger the fans. This is probably also the reason we didn't get a full color image of Batman and Wonder woman.

Last edited by The Slang; 02-23-2015 at 03:58 AM.
The Slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 10:51 AM   #15
rockandrollsoul
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slang View Post
As someone who doesn't really know much about Aquaman, I only have one criticism about the image of Mamoa and it's the hair. Ideally, any live action depiction of a comic book character should be immediately recognizable as the character they are based on. After all, the only reason an adaption is being made is because people have come to like and to recognize the character in question. One way to assure this is to keep the basic colour scheme intact. Without blonde hair there's very little to make people identify Mamoa with the images that the collective public associate with Aquaman.
It's the same reason I can't see Amy Adams as Lois Lane, no matter how good a job she does. I just see her as a red head who happens to share traits with Lois Lane.

I feel like the lack of color in the image is an attempt to hide the inconsistencies with the color scheme as a way to not anger the fans. This is probably also the reason we didn't get a full color image of Batman and Wonder woman.
That doesn't make any sense, though. Batman's suit is black and grey (by all accounts) and, with the filter taken off, Wonder Woman's costume is red and blue.

rockandrollsoul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 11:52 AM   #16
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:

This should be Aquaman's battler suit.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #17
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I dunno man, I'm pretty sure you're gonna spot a shark whether he's wearing that thing or not.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 02:34 PM   #18
green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I dunno man, I'm pretty sure you're gonna spot a shark whether he's wearing that thing or not.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:34 PM   #19
John-An
WORLD'S GIRL FINEST!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fallen Angel View Post
This should be Aquaman's bath suit.
Fixed.

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 06:41 PM   #20
John-An
WORLD'S GIRL FINEST!

I know he's selling his movie, but it's nice to hear those comments.

Old 02-23-2015, 06:42 PM   #21
matt47
Side-Kick

haha I love his enthusiasm.

Unite THE SEVEN sounds mythic. It sounds like something out of a story of ancient kings and heroes. It's fitting for the take that was apparent in MOS. This is mythology with modern sensibility. The ancient gods of our ancestors (in a way) took off their robes, sandals and armor and put on boots, capes and skin tight clothing and Snyder knows that.
- KRYPTON INC.
matt47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 09:33 PM   #22
The Slang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockandrollsoul View Post
That doesn't make any sense, though. Batman's suit is black and grey (by all accounts) and, with the filter taken off, Wonder Woman's costume is red and blue.
Batman's belt may not be yellow, and he might not have the black trunks. Those are two differences that are downplayed by the filter. As for Wonder Woman, there could be a few inconsistencies in the colour scheme, you haven't seen it yet.

It's just like how the first official picture of Superman from MOS was obscuring the pelvis, to downplay the absence of trunks.

The Slang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2015, 04:43 AM   #23
mithravishnu
"We need HOPE"

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post

I know he's selling his movie, but it's nice to hear those comments.

mithravishnu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 03:02 PM   #24
John-An
WORLD'S GIRL FINEST!

Jason Momoa “Freaked Out” When He Saw The Aquaman Reveal
Quote:
A week ago, Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice director Zack Snyder tweeted the first official image of Jason Momoa as Aquaman. "That was a shocker for sure," Momoa told Entertainment Weekly.

"It was supposed to be a surprise in 2016, so it definitely helps [our show]. I’ve been holding that secret for a long time. Zack Snyder called me up and said, “I’m posting this picture now.” He’s just a genius and I love him to death. He sent it over and we’re in the middle of the editing suite for the thing I’m doing right now, and we all freaked out, man. It was so amazing to see it come out."

I know it’s superficial of me, but one thing I really like about the potential of the DC movies is that its actors are actually pretty imposing. By that I mean, when I see you—who’s 6’5”—or 6’4” Ben Affleck or 6’1” Henry Cavill throw someone through a wall or get thrown through a wall, I feel like there’s really some damage being done. Have you filmed any action sequences with them yet?

No, we haven’t done too much on the action yet. You know, Justice League is still quite a ways away. But I’m looking forward to it. Henry’s a sweetheart, Ben is a badass, so I’m really looking forward to when we all shoot Justice League.

How much can we expect to see you in the Batman v. Superman movie?

Well, it’s Batman and Superman, it’s not my movie. It’s the first time in history to have them both on the screen together, and I’m just excited to see those two up there.

There was actually some speculation that Aquaman was meant to pop up in Man of Steel, in the underwater scenes after Henry Cavillis blasted off the oil rig. Were you ever involved in those discussions?

Well, you know, I think that’s left for the genius of Snyder to kind of reveal that. There’s definitely a plan in this whole universe that he’s designing, and it’s amazing to be a part of it. I think everything that you see that is building, there’s a purpose behind the whole plan. So I wouldn’t want to take anything away from Zack, because he loves revealing all those things. And… you never know, man.

Aquaman is much different than Conan the Barbarian because with that character, there was so much you had to live up to—because of Arnold more than anything. Aquaman is different because he’s been ignored a bit. But then when the Aquaman poster arrived, there was almost this sense of “Wow! This might be something different than we thought.” Do you sense that optimism towards the character?

Oh, absolutely. The whole mythology of Aquaman is pretty amazing. There’s so many things to tell, and there’s a whole backstory that’s just amazing. There’s a lot of surprises coming. I think, yeah, he’s been cast aside. But, um [laughs] times are going to change now, buddy.

Conan was really hard, because you have 15 different types of fans and so many things to respect and honor. To do it right it’s got to be bloody-bloody-bloody-bloody-bloody, and not a lot of people go see that anymore. It’s not the ’80s anymore. It’s a really hard format. We busted ass, but there were a lot of cooks in the kitchen on that one. What’s great about this is Zack, man. We don’t want to just reinvent it, but he’s a got a whole idea of what Aquaman should be and I’m really honored to be playing it. I’m excited for the world to see it.

Source: Batman-News (EW)

Last edited by John-An; 02-27-2015 at 04:31 PM.
Old 02-27-2015, 07:11 PM   #25
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Slang View Post
Batman's belt may not be yellow, and he might not have the black trunks. Those are two differences that are downplayed by the filter. As for Wonder Woman, there could be a few inconsistencies in the colour scheme, you haven't seen it yet.

It's just like how the first official picture of Superman from MOS was obscuring the pelvis, to downplay the absence of trunks.
The lack of trunks aren't being downplayed by the filter. There are actually no trunks there at all.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote