The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-14-2015, 11:22 PM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Ben Affleck IS Batman - Part 28

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-14-2015, 11:22 PM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 26

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 01-14-2015, 11:22 PM   #3
Hazarddude
Crow.

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - Part 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Ben Affleck started today filming "The Accountant" there are set pics, but there are forbidden for the new rules..
Really? That sucks. SO this is how it feels...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mari100 View Post
When the movie comes out, and you don't like it, then yes, complain to the Obama admin. all you want.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rapunzel View Post
WB no care abut teh fans. :o
Old 01-15-2015, 03:08 AM   #4
kiha
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - - - Part 28

There are pictures of Ben walking around the set in his own clothes. He's not actually filming. Are they allowed?

Old 01-15-2015, 07:42 AM   #5
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Hey, look at this. The Batfleck image on Snyder's Cruel Films website was recently updated with a slightly altered color scheme.

Here's how it originally looked on the website:

And now:

http://cruelfilms.com/page3.html#

Hmm. Perhaps they were using a fan made manip like Regwec suggested all along.

John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel
Old 01-15-2015, 07:43 AM   #6
mari100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiha View Post
There are pictures of Ben walking around the set in his own clothes. He's not actually filming. Are they allowed?
I hope so, otherwise it's absurd.

Anyway, Ben will receive another humanitarian award from Writers Guild of America. He has previously been nominated twice for his work as a screenwriter, for "Good Will Hunting" and "The Town".

Quote:
The Writers Guild of America, West has named screenwriter-director-actor-producer Ben Affleck the recipient of the WGAW's 2015 Valentine Davies Award in recognition of his humanitarian efforts and service to the global community. Affleck, currently starring in the box-office hit thriller Gone Girl, will be honored at the WGAW's 2015 Writers Guild Awards West Coast ceremony on Saturday, February 14, at the Hyatt Regency Century Plaza in Los Angeles.

"Ben Affleck needs no introduction here. Yet this Oscar-winning screenwriter – twice nominated for Writers Guild Awards – and much-lauded actor/director/producer has somehow found the time to become an engaged leader in humanitarian causes here and abroad. Perhaps most crucially, Affleck founded the Eastern Congo Initiative, a grant-making and advocacy group that works toward an eastern Congo with opportunities for economic and social development and the flourishing of a robust civil society. Affleck has traveled extensively in support of these initiatives with energy, commitment, intelligence, and effectiveness, devoting large amounts of time and presence. And in doing so, he has raised the bar for what it means, in this community, to be a socially committed citizen," said WGAW President Chris Keyser.

A two-time Academy Award winner, Affleck has been recognized in the industry for his work as a director, actor, writer, and producer. In addition to his successful film career, Affleck is also a passionate advocate, working to raise awareness and support for community-driven solutions for social and economic change in Democratic Republic of the Congo.

In March 2010, Affleck founded Eastern Congo Initiative (ECI), the first U.S.-based advocacy and grant-making organization focused on working with the people of eastern Congo to increase the quality and quantity of investments in a region mired by conflict and instability. Affleck has traveled to the Congo on numerous fact-finding missions, met with countless Congolese, testified before the U.S. Congress on three separate occasions, and held meetings with senior officials in the U.S., DRC and other governments to raise global attention and action toward lasting impact.

Since its inception, ECI has made 80 grants to create and support smart, effective and sustainable economic and social development opportunities. ECI's grants have made important investments to strengthen and revitalize DRC's cocoa and coffee sectors, help reintegrate former child soldiers into society and address the health needs of woman and children.

In addition to his important work with ECI, Affleck continues to be a strong supporter of many charitable organizations, including Feeding America (for which he helped launch the "Small Change" campaign with Ellen DeGeneres), Paralyzed Veterans of America, A-T Children's Project – a clearinghouse for ataxia-telangiectasia information, including disease information, scientific research, clinical and family support, and fundraising – and the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute's Jimmy Fund, which has raised millions of dollars through thousands of grassroots efforts to help save lives and give hope to cancer patients everywhere.

Old 01-15-2015, 07:48 AM   #7
KillerWolf
Possibly partially drunk

Quote:
Ben Affleck started today filming "The Accountant" there are set pics, but there are forbidden for the new rules..
Well, ****.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmsHeldOut View Post
Hey, look at this. The Batfleck image on Snyder's Cruel Films website was recently updated with a slightly altered color scheme.

Here's how it originally looked on the website:

And now:

http://cruelfilms.com/page3.html#

Hmm. Perhaps they were using a fan made manip like Regwec suggested all along.

They most probably were. What is for definitely sure is that it was colored afterward, since that picture was taken by the monochrome camera.

And second picture seems to be closer to the actual color of the suit, when compared to SDCC poster. They probably decided to make a "manip" themselves, that is closer to the actual shade of grey.

"At this time, a friend shall lose his friend's hammer and the young shall not know where lieth the things possessed by their fathers that their fathers put there only just the night before, about eight o'clock."

'Book of Cyril'
Old 01-15-2015, 07:50 AM   #8
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

^ Agreed KW.

John Dryden, Absalom and Achitophel
Old 01-15-2015, 08:57 AM   #9
mari100
Side-Kick

I know this is not the thread for this, but Academy Award nominations were just announced and I'm really disappointed that Gone Girl was not included in 'Best Picture' category.

Old 01-15-2015, 09:06 AM   #10
steve4991
R.I.P. MCU 2008-2016

Very interesting as far as that monochrome pic goes. I wanna see some Batfleck pics taken with the same camera that Clay used for the official Batmobile pic. Like Batman in a fighting stance with clenched teeth and a look that instills terror. Could you imagine doe?

Old 01-15-2015, 10:08 AM   #11
Hazarddude
Crow.

Quote:
I know this is not the thread for this, but Academy Award nominations were just announced and I'm really disappointed that Gone Girl was not included in 'Best Picture' category.
That is massively disappointing. But Pike is nominated for best actress, so that makes up for it a bit.

Quote:
When the movie comes out, and you don't like it, then yes, complain to the Obama admin. all you want.
Quote:
Old 01-15-2015, 10:21 AM   #12
TheNextNolan22
Over My Dead Body

Quote:
They really ****ed over Gone Girl save Rosamund Pike's nomination.

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 01-15-2015, 11:40 AM   #13
mari100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
That is massively disappointing. But Pike is nominated for best actress, so that makes up for it a bit.
Yeah, I guess...I'm really happy for Rosamund.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:40 PM   #14
kiha
Side-Kick

In Atlanta on Wednesday

Old 01-15-2015, 01:48 PM   #15
Boom
I got nothin'

Another predictable year at the Academy Awards.

Best Picture will either go to Boyhood or The Imitation Game. And given that the latter was produced by Harvey Weinstein, I'm leaning towards that one.

A Weinstein-produced WW2 biopic where a white British male with a disability overcomes all obstacles (both internal and external) to help defeat the Nazis, only to face persecution in the end for his homosexuality. Yep. Sounds like an Oscar movie to me.

Meanwhile, Gone Girl - a relevant piece of American cinema that satirizes the absurdity of media sensationalism - is left ignored. As is Selma, whose Best Picture nomination has "last-minute sympathy vote" written all over it. It's supposedly one of the best films of the year, yet its only other nomination is Best Song? You would THINK that a true Best Picture nominee would have some nominations in other major categories.

Last edited by Boom; 01-15-2015 at 01:55 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #16
Hazarddude
Crow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post

Best Picture will either go to Boyhood or The Imitation Game. And given that the latter was produced by Harvey Weinstein, I'm leaning towards that one.

A Weinstein-produced WW2 biopic where a white British male with a disability overcomes all obstacles (both internal and external) to help defeat the Nazis, only to face persecution in the end for his homosexuality. Yep. Sounds like an Oscar movie to me.

Meanwhile, Gone Girl - a relevant piece of American cinema that satirizes the absurdity of media sensationalism - is left ignored. As is Selma, whose Best Picture nomination has "last-minute sympathy vote" written all over it. It's supposedly one of the best films of the year, yet its only other nomination is Best Song? You would THINK that a true Best Picture nominee would have some nominations in other major categories.
Imitation game is very much Oscar bait. The Best Picture nominee list is underwhelming to me. They didn't recognize some great films such as Nightcrawler, Interstellar and Gone Girl like you've said. I see Boyhood taking it :/. I didn't think much of the film. It's well directed though.

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2015, 02:24 PM   #17
TheNextNolan22
Over My Dead Body

Selma was fantastic. Meanwhile, Ben Affleck got ANOTHER Razzie nomination, but not in the way you think...
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/video/cate...-2015-28226200

Comics fans have been spoiled ****ing rotten over the years, and as soon as DC doesn't kiss their asses as efficiently as Marvel does, they throw internet s***fits. I'm over that stuff.
Old 01-15-2015, 02:37 PM   #18
tacit-ronin-
Do cats eat bats?

That's a razzie to be proud of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
"In the name of The Bat-God, The Side Kick and The Holy Cape... For yours is the prep time that reigns in GOTHAM, forever and ever..."
Old 01-15-2015, 03:40 PM   #19
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

You Razziest!!!!!

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Old 01-15-2015, 04:24 PM   #20
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

A Razzie is awesome. Some, turn up for it as well.

Old 01-15-2015, 05:25 PM   #21
John-An
Come to Paradise Island!

JARED LETO @JaredLeto · 2 h

Ready to kick some ass. #tbt #selfie

Batfleck's Joker ready?

Edit: with that hashtag it could refer to a throwback thursday? We may need to wait more...

Last edited by John-An; 01-15-2015 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 05:26 PM   #22
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

So Joker's going to have Hobbit hair?

Old 01-15-2015, 06:23 PM   #23
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post

Selma will win. Boyhood could come close but the Oscars always give it to the political biopics or serious biopics in general. In a year that includes Theory of Everything, American Sniper, Selma, Imitation Game...i dont see how great films (imo) of imagination like Boyhood, Birdman, Whiplash, Gone Girl, Nightcrawler, Inherent Vice and Interstellar would ever have a chance. 2012 was always gonna go to Argo or Lincoln for the same reasons. 12 Years A Slave was obviously getting the sympathy card last year even though it's a well-made movie.

Not to turn this thread into a Oscar bash, but i find it incredibly boring that the Academy would rather give actors awards for playing a real life person (pretty much their best imitation) than give an actor the win for playing an original character that they took part in creating. Im aware of McConaughey and Redmayne's sacrifices in playing Ron Woodroof/Stephen Hawking and i could take that as an exception but giving an entire biopic 'Best Picture' when it's just a play-by-play...is quite frankly ridiculous. You don't need much imagination to execute a straight-laced biopic, you just need planning and a solid crew. "This happened here, then this happened there" on and on. It's boring. Im not even sure i consider that art...plus there's always inaccuracies. But the Academy does not care.

Last edited by shauner111; 01-15-2015 at 07:12 PM.
Old 01-15-2015, 06:35 PM   #24
Hazarddude
Crow.

Quote:
JARED LETO @JaredLeto · 2 h

Ready to kick some ass. #tbt #selfie

Batfleck's Joker ready?

Edit: with that hashtag it could refer to a throwback thursday? We may need to wait more...
It's funny, he can tease us with all these pics and we never know if they're recent or not because he's looked the same for yeeears!

Quote:
Quote:
Old 01-15-2015, 07:37 PM   #25
mari100
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Selma will win. Boyhood could come close but the Oscars always give it to the political biopics or serious biopics in general. In a year that includes Theory of Everything, American Sniper, Selma, Imitation Game...i dont see how great films (imo) of imagination like Boyhood, Birdman, Whiplash, Gone Girl, Nightcrawler, Inherent Vice and Interstellar would ever have a chance. 2012 was always gonna go to Argo or Lincoln for the same reasons. 12 Years A Slave was obviously getting the sympathy card last year even though it's a well-made movie.
I agree on the comparison of Selma with "12 years a Slave" but Argo won in 2012 for a lot reasons, aside of being a political thriller. It received widespread critical acclaim upon its release (86 on Metascore, 96% on Rotten) and was a very entertaining thriller at the same time which people loved and supported from the beginning despite the historical inaccuracy claims. It was a big box office success for a serious adult movie and made $136 million on domestic level and $ 232 million on global. It received 7 Academy nominations, won 3 and swept every award precursor of the season on "Best Picture" category. And of course, it was only helped by that fact that Ben who was the frontrunner and everyone expected to win was SNUBBED for Best Director, which is one of the most shocking and mysterious decisions that the Academy has ever made. There was outrage upon Ben not getting nominated and it was made clear that the Academy made a mistake when he became the first director ever to win both "Golden Globe" and DGA (and Bafta and "Critics Choice" for Best Director) without an Oscar nod, so the movie winning was also perceived as an apology for Ben's omission. So, no you can't compare Selma (which has only received one nomination "Best Song" outside of "Best Picture" and made only 16 million globally at the Box Office) to Argo or even "12 Years a Slave", they belong in totally different scenarios.

Last edited by mari100; 01-15-2015 at 07:43 PM.
Closed Thread