The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-08-2014, 09:18 PM   #101
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - - - Part 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
I agree. But people have to face the fact that if Snyder wanted someone with an athletic build he wouldnt have hired an actress with the prototypical model frame (even lankier than, say, Charlize Theron. Another former model). Some muscle tone sure, but thats the extent of it.
We finally agree on something! So, there is no point in bringing up other actresses. And I'm not saying this specifically to you, but to the rest.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:25 PM   #102
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Yay!

Obviously im not a big fan of Snyder or his casting choices, but Im not a troll. If this whateveritscalled is good, I will gladly eat a whole lotta crow. And if hiring a model to play Wondie turns out to be the right move, I'll be as happy as the rest of you. I'll keep my negativity to an absolute minimum until the premiere. Fingers crossed.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 05-08-2014, 09:29 PM   #103
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Yay!

Obviously im not a big fan of Snyder or his casting choices, but Im not a troll. If this whateveritscalled is good, I will gladly eat a whole lotta crow. And if hiring a model to play Wondie turns out to be the right move, I'll be as happy as the rest of you. I'll keep my negativity to an absolute minimum until the premiere. Fingers crossed.
If Gadot is awful...I will be leading the hate mob. Trust me.

Old 05-08-2014, 09:54 PM   #104
Blackbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
If Gadot is awful...I will be leading the hate mob. Trust me.
if Gadot is awful i think WB will recast like its nothing. Hulk got three actors in three movies so far and if Gal fail in her role in MvsS I belive they will change her.

But I just want to say, Zack have good eyes as with Antje and Malin before.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:41 PM   #105
Hulk-1700
Beast

I think it would just be best if she aced the role. I'd prefer that over needing a recast, because a lot of times it badly screws up the consistency level. *crosses fingers*

Old 05-09-2014, 12:08 AM   #106
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbat View Post
it dont have to be like MMA fighter to fell like it can kickass.

watch WonderWoman 2009 (Amazing movie) she was drawn like an avrage bulid but the acting. Story and her moves made her feel so big and full of badassery.

Jeeja yanin was tiny girl but i felt she can destroy me in a fight same with Keeley hu and ofcourse Antje Traue.

Gal dont need to be huge like that art or like an mma fighter to let us feel thatvshe can kick ass she just need a to act well in that role.
I don't mean to size. I mean of attitude. And a good mix between sweet and badass could be awesome!!!

Old 05-09-2014, 12:11 AM   #107
John-An

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
That smile

Old 05-09-2014, 01:48 AM   #108
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

I don't want her to act like a bad ass. I don't think of WW that way. Tough, yes. Assertive, yes. But, that's when she really needs to be. I see Wonder Woman as friendly most of the time.

Old 05-09-2014, 02:39 AM   #109
batboy99
BTVS

This^

I feel like ''badass'' is the only word people use to describe her these days. I think that these people are completely forgetting the character that she is. Shes more than just a ''bad ass'' or a ''warrior''.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
Old 05-09-2014, 05:11 AM   #110
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
I don't want her to act like a bad ass. I don't think of WW that way. Tough, yes. Assertive, yes. But, that's when she really needs to be. I see Wonder Woman as friendly most of the time.
Yes as long as they don't make her a petulant, naive, idiot like in JL:War and more in line with her solo movie of a strong smart woman I'll be alright.

:o
Old 05-09-2014, 05:22 AM   #111
Blackbat
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
Yes as long as they don't make her a petulant, naive, idiot like in JL:War and more in line with her solo movie of a strong smart woman I'll be alright.
she was kinda of immature but WW wasnt a stupid or naive in JL War. the icecream scene was because she is new to this world. the "greeting warriors" is because she is an amazon.

in the same movie she lead the gang when Superman and Batman gone. She was a smart leader and told Billy to act like a warrior instead of showin off and risking all of them

Old 05-09-2014, 05:35 AM   #112
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

She almost accosted a man/mob for not seeing things her way? Is that also because she was an amazon whose message has always been that of peace? She seemed so over the top imo.

:shrugs:

:o
Old 05-09-2014, 05:59 AM   #113
phoenixflight
Amazing Amazon

Gal is such a Goddess!! Absolutely gorgeous. I pulled this image of her from her Castro jeans commercial (which I downloaded to my phone and can't stop watching...great song too!). She is not simply captivating but also quite alluring when on screen. Good job Synder!!!

Old 05-09-2014, 06:07 AM   #114
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
Yep. A lot of people clearly don't know much about her if they want her to be some kind of female Wolverine.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:17 AM   #115
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Yep. A lot of people clearly don't know much about her if they want her to be some kind of female Wolverine.
Ooooo I want her to say Bub...so hawt.

Old 05-09-2014, 06:18 AM   #116
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Adrianne Palicki tried to play her that way with her frequent tough ***** face.

Gal has the perfect look for a regal princess.

Old 05-09-2014, 07:07 AM   #117
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaymes_e06 View Post
She almost accosted a man/mob for not seeing things her way? Is that also because she was an amazon whose message has always been that of peace? She seemed so over the top imo.

:shrugs:
I agree with you. She was awful in JL War. If the make her like that, I will not like her at all. Some scenes in that movie with her were just dumb. That ice cream scene was one of the worst. I know what they were trying to do, but it didn't work for me. That scene where she almost accosts that dude/talks about a swimsuit making her feel powerful was annoying as well. Like you said, nice message of peace demonstrated there, lol. Surely she could have defended herself in a more mature way.

\S/T*
Old 05-09-2014, 02:27 PM   #118
Hulk-1700
Beast

Quote:
Her badass nature is something that needs to come off as natural & Diana like. There's a way WW has always projected that, & as you said it's totally different from a character like Wolverine.

If they make her anything like that, they've already failed...at least with the characterization.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:38 PM   #119
John-An

Quote:
Yep. I think when the time requires especially in battle I want to see her being badass, with the ability of being a warrior when the situation requires, but not all the time. Cause I want to see a regal princess, sweet, confident, looking peace as the first option. You know as the WW character is about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflight View Post
Gal is such a Goddess!! Absolutely gorgeous. I pulled this image of her from her Castro jeans commercial (which I downloaded to my phone and can't stop watching...great song too!). She is not simply captivating but also quite alluring when on screen. Good job Synder!!!

That video is my favorite of her so far.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:41 PM   #120
John-An

One question... Are we gonna see WW being feminist? or being both sides? I'd like to see that she defends the womens genre but also be fair with the good mans that are on the world.
What do you think?

Old 05-09-2014, 03:52 PM   #121
shauner111
Side-Kick

I like how people are calling Gal a goddess. Jesus lol. We dont even know her. Even if we did, nobody is a goddess! That's the type of S**t that leads to ppl meeting her, being in extreme awe to the point where they stop treating her like a human being.

She's beautiful OK, a little too skinny for my taste, but whatever floats your boat i guess!

I like her casting more and more as time goes on. But im not 100 percent convinced until her acting in this wins me over.

Old 05-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #122
Hulk-1700
Beast

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
One question... Are we gonna see WW being feminist? or being both sides? I'd like to see that she defends the womens genre but also be fair with the good mans that are on the world.
What do you think?
I think she should be fair. Whenever there's b.s. on either side she should call it as she sees it. I like for Diana to be fair without biting her tongue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
I like how people are calling Gal a goddess. Jesus lol. We dont even know her. Even if we did, nobody is a goddess! That's the type of S**t that leads to ppl meeting her, being in extreme awe to the point where they stop treating her like a human being.

She's beautiful OK, a little too skinny for my taste, but whatever floats your boat i guess!

I like her casting more and more as time goes on. But im not 100 percent convinced until her acting in this wins me over.
Relax dude, it's not meant to be taken oh so literally.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #123
X Knight
Straight Edge Knight

Quote:
yes.

she's a diplomat/ambassador AND a warrior.

you can kick ass and still be polite about it............

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 05-09-2014, 04:05 PM   #124
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk-1700 View Post

Relax dude, it's not meant to be taken oh so literally.
This. When people use the word "goddess" they don't usually mean a woman is a deity. It simply means an extremely beautiful woman. And no-one wants to treat her as not human, because it's her humanity and approachability that partly make her that beautiful.

Old 05-09-2014, 04:16 PM   #125
ArmsHeldOut
Peak Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflight View Post

I like how her hair looks a little darker in that image. It gives you an idea of what she might look like in the film.

Closed Thread