The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 05-06-2014, 12:11 AM   #51
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
There's something so innocent, sweet, and charming with Peter and MJ's relationship/chemistry in the first two Spider-Man movies. It's so easy to root for them as a couple, in my opinion.

I remember during one of the many times I saw Spider-Man 2 in theaters, some guy in the audience literally shouted "Kiss her!!" after the final battle with Doc Ock and when they were on the web. A lot of people in the audience applauded at that guy. Good times.

When it comes to Spider-Man 3, I think the relationship aspect was uneven. There were parts that I really enjoyed, but also parts that I did not. Overall, though, I still can't comprehend why so many people hate MJ in Spider-Man 3. Of all the characters in that movie, she's the one I felt most sorry for. Her character dealt with a lot of crap, and she tried being a supportive girlfriend. I thought she was completely right when she said "This isn't about you; it's about me, it's about my career." I don't see how that's a selfish thing to say? She supports Peter when he's Spider-Man; he needs to do the same for her. That's what a relationship is!
:
Thank you

Quote:
I know exactly what you mean.

I wouldn't call the cheese in Sam Raimi's movies "cheese," exactly (in the first two movies, specifically). Cheese tends to have a negative connotation, and I definitely don't view the first two Spider-Man movies in a negative way whatsoever, so ...

I like to call Raimi's brand of cheese in the first two Spider-Man movies "schmaltz," which is a word that many people have used to describe Frank Capra's movies. Frank Capra is one of my all-time favorite directors, so I guess it would make total sense for someone like me to enjoy the tone of Raimi's Spider-Man 1 & 2.

The "cheese" in the first two Spidey movies works for me, because it's presented in a very sentimental, charming, and (as you put it) delightful way, which is why I prefer to call it "schmaltz." Of course, I think it's done really well because the first two Spidey flicks balance out the lighthearted and the heavyhearted scenes extremely well, in my opinion. There's just something that clicks with me whenever I watch Spider-Man 1 & 2.
Concept of schmaltz is new info for me
I was meaning to call it fresh mozarella, or any kind of cheese I love to eat

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 05-06-2014, 01:14 AM   #52
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - P

Who remembers the original Spider-Man 3 flash site when it had just this picture and the sound of rain and thunder in the background?

Damn, awesome nostalgia.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:15 AM   #53
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I emailed Sony a few years ago, and they said they had something special planned for the SM trilogy...turned out they were just ugly bluray covers.
I got a "never say never" from them yesturday. Hooray...

Old 05-06-2014, 04:18 AM   #54
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I remember that site, Nardz. That was one of, if not the, first images released from SM3 right?

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - Alice 2
Old 05-06-2014, 04:18 AM   #55
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
I got a "never say never" from them yesturday. Hooray...
Regarding the trilogy or a SM3.1?

Old 05-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #56
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I remember that site, Nardz. That was one of, if not the, first images released from SM3 right?
Yeah.

It was either that or it was this one.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:21 AM   #57
spiderman2
Side-Kick

I wonder if they would do a sm 3.1 when the movie turns 10 years old or something.

Old 05-06-2014, 04:23 AM   #58
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderman2 View Post
I wonder if they would do a sm 3.1 when the movie turns 10 years old or something.
At first I was like because I thought that would be a lifetime from now....then I thought about it and realized it would only be three years from now. Holy ****, time flies.

Old 05-06-2014, 07:55 AM   #59
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nardz937 View Post
Regarding the trilogy or a SM3.1?
A new release with more extras and the deleted scenes.

Old 05-06-2014, 12:18 PM   #60
Green Goblin
The Nostalga Strikes Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnneFan View Post
I remember when the photo was either released or faked people were saying it was photoshoped.

I actually like the black suit in SM3 better than the comic book version.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
There has been an awakening, have you felt it?
Old 05-06-2014, 12:24 PM   #61
Leenie
Make Up!

Oh man, I remember that first picture of black-suited Spidey. It started my hype for Spider-Man 3. I don't think I will ever be as hyped for a movie as I was for Spider-Man 3.

Makes me think of the teaser trailer for Spider-Man 3 (the one that was shown for the Superman Returns screenings). To this day, that is still one of the best teaser trailers in existence. Wish the movie had matched the hype, but whatever. That teaser is still awesome.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 05-06-2014, 01:17 PM   #62
Green Goblin

Quote:
Oh man, I remember that first picture of black-suited Spidey. It started my hype for Spider-Man 3. I don't think I will ever be as hyped for a movie as I was for Spider-Man 3.

Makes me think of the teaser trailer for Spider-Man 3 (the one that was shown for the Superman Returns screenings). To this day, that is still one of the best teaser trailers in existence. Wish the movie had matched the hype, but whatever. That teaser is still awesome.
I am no fan of Spider-Man 3 but to say it's the 50th worst movie ever (Empire Readers) or number 4 (can't remember the site but Clever Movies mentioned it) is quite an exaggeration.

I think the internet is full of hyperbole in reviews. It's not a "complete abomination" as there are elements in the film that are good like the action, CGI (particularly Sandman), score (Christopher Young is underrated), and the Sandman birth scene is great. Franco's acting was the best in the cast.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:35 PM   #63
Leenie
Make Up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
I am no fan of Spider-Man 3 but to say it's the 50th worst movie ever (Empire Readers) or number 4 (can't remember the site but Clever Movies mentioned it) is quite an exaggeration.

I think the internet is full of hyperbole in reviews. It's not a "complete abomination" as there are elements in the film that are good like the action, CGI (particularly Sandman), score (Christopher Young is underrated), and the Sandman birth scene is great. Franco's acting was the best in the cast.
I also wouldn't call Spider-Man 3 one of the worst movies ever (not even close), but I would totally understand if it were to make it into lists of "Most Disappointing Movies." I was certainly disappointed in Spider-Man 3, but I've never flat-out hated the movie.

And yes, there are some good (I'd argue even great) moments in Spider-Man 3. There are enough good elements for me to still enjoy the film, in my opinion. I do wish the movie had been more than just that, though.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 05-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #64
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par Avion View Post
The cinematography/production values seemed off in SM3. Things seemed too "stagey", with obvious set pieces- also didn't care for the often bland and muddied colours. For me, SM2 nailed it perfectly. Slightly more polished than SM1, but without becoming too artificial, if that makes sense.
Agreed. It lacked the magic that Pope brought in the second film as well as Raimi's Darkman and Army Of Darkness, imho. It looked too glamourous and chic, imo. Probably should've stuck with the tradition of getting a different cinematagrapher for each film, b/c I felt that Pope ran out of juice in comparison to his photography for Spidey 2.

Quote:

The teaser for Spidey 3 was decent but it didn't impress me the way the teasers did for Spidey 1 and 2. Now those were teasers.

Old 05-06-2014, 01:55 PM   #65
Green Goblin

I actually think Spider-Man 3's trailers were better than the ones of the previous two.

A big epic ending that could have been the best movie in the trilogy.

Old 05-06-2014, 08:14 PM   #66
OriginalMiles
#DaneTrain4eva

Watched all these on monday.

They hold up, but now I kinda feel Spider-Man 1 is the best of the Raimi series.

I don't know why, but I enjoy it more than I do Spider-Man 2.

If I ever get big enough to have one movie made about me, I'd be done by then. That would also mean they figured out who I was.
~*SHH SIX*~
H.E.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:55 PM   #67
webhead731
I'm a photographer

I always loved this shot of Goblin. I love how you can see his yellow eyes.

Old 05-06-2014, 10:49 PM   #68
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

THOSE HORRIBLE YELLOW EYES

Raimi or not, it's absolutely hilarious how much Sony realizes they screwed the pooch.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:25 PM   #69
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalMiles View Post
Watched all these on monday.

They hold up, but now I kinda feel Spider-Man 1 is the best of the Raimi series.

I don't know why, but I enjoy it more than I do Spider-Man 2.
agreed I thought the first one was the best Spider-Man film, I enjoyed it the most, but honestly they each had a lot of positives and were enjoyable films.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 05-07-2014, 04:01 AM   #70
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

"Itsy Bitsy Spider
Went Down the Water Sprout
Down Came the Goblin
And Took the Spider Out"

I love that bit

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 05-07-2014, 05:19 AM   #71
Nardz937
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
"Itsy Bitsy Spider
Went Down the Water Sprout
Down Came the Goblin
And Took the Spider Out"

I love that bit
Electro stealing Green Goblin's material.

Old 05-07-2014, 09:42 AM   #72
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Electro stealing Green Goblin's material.
He did?

Funny moment in Friend or Foe game; when Spider-Man sings "Itsy Bitsy Spider", Norman replies to him in disdain

~*SHH SIX*~
H.E
Old 05-07-2014, 10:18 AM   #73
Pfeiffer-Pfan
Meow.

I know the Aunt May/Green Goblin scene gets some hate. What are your thoughts on it guys?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Yes, the ''FROOOOOM EEEEEEEEVIIIILLLL!!!!!'' line is a little much but it's also pure, undiluted Raimi and Rosemary Harris sold it remarkably well I think.

I'll miss you dad! xx

Old 05-07-2014, 10:44 AM   #74
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I know the Aunt May/Green Goblin scene gets some hate. What are your thoughts on it guys?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Yes, the ''FROOOOOM EEEEEEEEVIIIILLLL!!!!!'' line is a little much but it's also pure, undiluted Raimi and Rosemary Harris sold it remarkably well I think.
Seeing that moment again I can't help but smirking but at the same time Rosemary Harris sold it well. But it was a good scene at the end of the day.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 05-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #75
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
At first I was like because I thought that would be a lifetime from now....then I thought about it and realized it would only be three years from now. Holy ****, time flies.
I know right? Crazy. Maybe 2017 would be a good time for a Raimi trilogy re-release. It wouldn't just be 10 years of SM3, it'd be 15 for the original as well (I feel old)

Closed Thread