The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2014, 11:51 AM   #76
Leenie
Make Up!

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfeiffer-Pfan View Post
I know the Aunt May/Green Goblin scene gets some hate. What are your thoughts on it guys?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Yes, the ''FROOOOOM EEEEEEEEVIIIILLLL!!!!!'' line is a little much but it's also pure, undiluted Raimi and Rosemary Harris sold it remarkably well I think.
I think the scene was fine. Both Rosemary Harris and Willem Dafoe sold it well, especially since the scene's setup was well-done. Plus, seeing it for the first time had an impact on me (as well as the audience), as I was genuinely worried for Aunt May. Caring about the characters makes a big difference when watching a movie, in my opinion! And maybe this is just the Catholic in me, but having a prayer interrupted like that is pretty freaking scary!

Also, I believe it worked because it was totally something that the Green Goblin would do.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 05-07-2014, 11:55 AM   #77
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated

Default Re: The Official "I Loved Raimi's Spider-Man' Thread - Part 1 of 99 Luft - P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
I also wouldn't call Spider-Man 3 one of the worst movies ever (not even close), but I would totally understand if it were to make it into lists of "Most Disappointing Movies." I was certainly disappointed in Spider-Man 3, but I've never flat-out hated the movie.

And yes, there are some good (I'd argue even great) moments in Spider-Man 3. There are enough good elements for me to still enjoy the film, in my opinion. I do wish the movie had been more than just that, though.
Spider-Man 3 is nowhere near one of the worst films ever made. It's the most disappointing film of my life, but the worst? No.

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 05-07-2014, 01:46 PM   #78
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
I think the scene was fine. Both Rosemary Harris and Willem Dafoe sold it well, especially since the scene's setup was well-done. Plus, seeing it for the first time had an impact on me (as well as the audience), as I was genuinely worried for Aunt May. Caring about the characters makes a big difference when watching a movie, in my opinion! And maybe this is just the Catholic in me, but having a prayer interrupted like that is pretty freaking scary!

Also, I believe it worked because it was totally something that the Green Goblin would do.
The actual characterisation of the Green Goblin was very good in adapting the 616 version.

I can't believe freakin Toper Grace's Venom kills someone close to Peter but Dafoe's Green Goblin doesn't!

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Batman v Superman v Wonder Woman and a f*** load of characters
Dawn Of Setting Things Up for Justice Leauge
Old 05-07-2014, 10:38 PM   #79
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

Venom was the most evil person in the series, lol.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:39 PM   #80
Picard Sisko

Still waiting for my SM3 Director's cut!!!

Does anyone think we'll get a Superman II situation where like 20-30 years later Sam Raimi will come back and give us the film we were intended to see?

"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Old 05-07-2014, 10:53 PM   #81
A Necessary Evil
#Fannibal

I don't want to wait that long

TASM had its deleted footage released, and it looks like TASM2 will. SM3 definitely needs it.

There is. No. Pepe Silvia.
Old 05-07-2014, 10:55 PM   #82
Venom75
I'm symbiotic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
Venom was the most evil person in the series, lol.
As little screentime as he got,I think he actually was. Goblin and Ock did evil things,but both Octavious and Osborn weren't evil people and were trying to fight their dark half. Brock embraced his.

Official fan of The Raimi Spider-man Trilogy 2002-2007

Never Forget 9/11/01
Old 05-07-2014, 11:15 PM   #83
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Necessary Evil View Post
I don't want to wait that long

TASM had its deleted footage released, and it looks like TASM2 will. SM3 definitely needs it.
I think that we would only get a SM3 director's cut after the reboot series is over. Sony wants to step away from that film as much as possible and get people thinking about the new movies. I don't want to wait that long either, but I can't see us getting one sooner than 20-30 years. I feel like crying now.

Old 05-08-2014, 05:22 AM   #84
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

I want to see the deleted scenes from Spider-Man 3
Why are they not released?

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
Proud member of H.E
I still respect members of T.H.E.M, no bad feelings toward any of them.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:26 AM   #85
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picard Sisko View Post

Does anyone think we'll get a Superman II situation where like 20-30 years later Sam Raimi will come back and give us the film we were intended to see?
It's not really a Donner situation though. With that film, Donner shot a substantial amount of the film he wanted, so the opportunity to assemble something similar was there. We all know Raimi's real Spider-Man 3 wouldn't have Venom in it at all.

Raimi actually said during press for the film that the theatrical cut is his director's cut, and though he has more recently admitted that he wasn't satisfied by it, I don't know if he'd feel like there's much he could do to fix it with a different edit.

I truly hope the film is revisited, whether Raimi is involved or not. A 3.1 would be awesome, but at this point I'd settle for the deleted scenes. I hate that there is seemingly nothing we can do to push for it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
I want to see the deleted scenes from Spider-Man 3
Why are they not released?
No-one knows for sure. Does Raimi ever release deleted scenes from his films?

Old 05-08-2014, 07:30 AM   #86
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by henzINNIT View Post
No-one knows for sure. Does Raimi ever release deleted scenes from his films?
Spider-Man 2.1 contains scenes missing from the theatrical release

~*SHH SIX*~
Proud member of H.E

Old 05-08-2014, 07:49 AM   #87
Picard Sisko

Quote:
It's not really a Donner situation though. With that film, Donner shot a substantial amount of the film he wanted, so the opportunity to assemble something similar was there. We all know Raimi's real Spider-Man 3 wouldn't have Venom in it at all.

Raimi actually said during press for the film that the theatrical cut is his director's cut, and though he has more recently admitted that he wasn't satisfied by it, I don't know if he'd feel like there's much he could do to fix it with a different edit.

I truly hope the film is revisited, whether Raimi is involved or not. A 3.1 would be awesome, but at this point I'd settle for the deleted scenes. I hate that there is seemingly nothing we can do to push for it.
Don't say that...

Why can't the studio just release those deleted scenes, even as bonus features on the blu-ray? They re-release the Raimi trilogy every so often, so why not give me a reason to repurchase the same movies again? Sigh.

Old 05-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #88
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Don't say that...

Why can't the studio just release those deleted scenes, even as bonus features on the blu-ray? They re-release the Raimi trilogy every so often, so why not give me a reason to repurchase the same movies again? Sigh.
It kills me to say it but it's true As previously mentioned, I emailed Sony and surprisingly got a prompt and polite response. Though there are no plans, they did say "never say never".

Sony are consistantly re-releasing the original trilogy along with the reboot series, so that is something to hold on to. Other companies might opt to bury the old to make way for the new, but Sony are not. This is good.

The most recent US release finally put extras of all 3 films together in one boxset, which both previous releases failed to do, and they also released a 4k version of SM3. Progress has been pitifully slow, but they're inching toward definitive releases. Maybe the next box-set will include 4k versions of each film and our much desired deleted scenes.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:21 AM   #89
Picard Sisko

I already purchased the Raimi series on DVD several time with different editions, I bought two different blu-ray sets, but I would buy it again for deleted scenes. Heck, I want to see the extended cut for Spider-Man 1 as well.

Old 05-08-2014, 10:57 AM   #90
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Is there any reports on deleted SM1 material? The only thing I recall is the twin tower sequence used in a trailer (and cut for obvious reasons).

Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #91
Picard Sisko

Quote:
Is there any reports on deleted SM1 material? The only thing I recall is the twin tower sequence used in a trailer (and cut for obvious reasons).
There are supposed to be a few. I remember there was one with two kids seeing Peter using his webs at the unity day festival, so he tells them to "shh" and keep his secret. You can see it in this TV spot:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVD-o8TXur0 (skip to 21 seconds)

There was another in which Peter actually builds mechanical web shooters, which help him aim his organic webbing. It was shown in this unreleased trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wFo_S7pIScY (skip to 30 seconds)

And now that the movie is 12 years old I think they should release the twin tower footage. If you read the novelization you'll see that there is also a lot more to the movie that didn't make it (though I don't know how much of it was filmed). The shot of Harry holding onto his father's dead body in SM3 might have been leftover footage from SM1 though.

Old 05-08-2014, 01:55 PM   #92
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

A Twin Tower sequence featurette is over-due.

Old 05-08-2014, 02:14 PM   #93
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:

Sadly, I don't think this is a priority for Sony. I want to see it also, but I don't see it happening anytime soon

Old 05-08-2014, 02:30 PM   #94
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

SM-3 has been out for 7 years now. If we were going to get a director's cut I think we would have by now. Especially after two other Spider-Man movies have come out since then.

- The Joker
Old 05-08-2014, 02:41 PM   #95
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

Agreed. Sony doesn't care about the Raimi films at this point. Those came and went. They're focused on the new movies.

Old 05-08-2014, 03:19 PM   #96
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
Agreed. Sony doesn't care about the Raimi films at this point. Those came and went. They're focused on the new movies.
But the blurays with new covers came out this year

~*SHH SIX*~
Proud member of H.E

Old 05-08-2014, 05:08 PM   #97
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup and 3 just got it's 4k release.

Old 05-08-2014, 06:26 PM   #98
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
It's unfortunate. I really think SM3 could benefit from having an extended or alternate cut of the film. And I'm basing this on the various scenes that I've heard were cut.

Quote:
Just like Sony releasing TSSM on Blu-ray prior to ASM2's opening, they're using the timing to try and sell more copies of the Raimi films.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:04 PM   #99
Spider-Fan
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Which was a re-release of what we already had. I mean, they don't care to do anything new with it.

Old 05-08-2014, 11:15 PM   #100
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Which was a re-release of what we already had. I mean, they don't care to do anything new with it.
Exactly. If they were re-releases with a bunch of new special features, or even new cuts of the movies, that would be something worth mentioning.

- The Joker
Closed Thread