The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 04:02 PM   #401
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

If they can show Phil being stabbed with the scepter, dont see why they cant show Vision using his physical disruption power.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:12 PM   #402
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeeKay View Post
AOU has a chance of hitting $2B but I doubt it. It'll make much more than the first one. I'm predicting maybe $1.7 or $1.8B depending on how good the film is.
Domestically I think that might be the case as awareness was very high already and the market close to fully mature. If you look at franchise performances overseas they usually grow massively with each successive sequel and every year the less mature overseas markets are expanding unbelievably quickly, even in just the 3 years between these films. And this kind of film is super popular in those markets that are growing fastest. If Transformers and Pirates can get bigger overseas with every instalment no matter how bad, Avengers definitely can now that global awareness is much higher. Avengers only made a bit more than Pirates 4 overseas 1st time out as awareness of the Pirates franchise was much higher than Avengers at the time. Even in the UK I struggled to find people of my age who knew about Avengers before it came out and they all know about it now. We'll see of course and it's not like $1.7B - $1.8B is a disaster even with a $300m budget!

Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 PM   #403
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
If they can show Phil being stabbed with the scepter, dont see why they cant show Vision using his physical disruption power.
I need to see the full range of density manipulation between invulnerability to intangibility & phasing. And he has to use his energy projection at least once. He has a great set of powers.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:39 PM   #404
Hypestyle
Side-Kick

I doubt if BP is going to be in the mix, even though I want him to be. I'd just don't want him reduced to a bizarre inconsequential cameo because of everything that is guaranteed to be going on in this film.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:08 PM   #405
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellow Cyclone View Post
he should be Dream in Sandman
I think that would be a much better role for him physically, and I just think it will interest him more. Anyway, back on topic.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:47 PM   #406
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
I doubt if BP is going to be in the mix, even though I want him to be. I'd just don't want him reduced to a bizarre inconsequential cameo because of everything that is guaranteed to be going on in this film.
Since Joss said he doesnt like throwing tons of characters into a movie for the sake of it, whoever is in this one will have a real role to play. If BP is in it, he wont just be sipping ice tea.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:25 PM   #407
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

You guys think this is going to be a longer film than the first? Gut feeling? It almost feels like it needs to be, but some plot points can be gone over fairly quickly.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:00 AM   #408
alexlachiusa
Side-Kick

It was either Drew from HitFix or Devin from Badass Digest that said that the script is longer than the first so I imagine the film will be as well.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:06 AM   #409
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Quote:
On an interesting note - while we [in the UK] got the unedited Coulson death in the cinema, in the DVD/Blu-Ray they removed the visual of the scepter protuding through his chest. So who's to say that they wouldnt do the same with Vision's fist [for us in the UK, at least]?

Old 05-19-2014, 07:01 AM   #410
Silvermoon
Made To Be Ruled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
On an interesting note - while we [in the UK] got the unedited Coulson death in the cinema, in the DVD/Blu-Ray they removed the visual of the scepter protuding through his chest. So who's to say that they wouldnt do the same with Vision's fist [for us in the UK, at least]?
My understanding is that the spear tip missing from the UK home release was something that they admitted was a mistake. I think Disney representatives said that they accidentally used an edited print from another region (I want to say Germany (?) where the censoring for violence required the spear tip to be removed) as the source to create the UK home edition.

Edit: found the link that explained it http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news...-release/13239

Quote:
‘Thanks to those of you who have let us know about an issue on the Marvel Avengers Assemble UK Blu-ray and DVD release, which has a less graphic depiction of [SPOILER]'s confrontation with Loki. Each country has its own compliance issues relative to depictions of violence. Unfortunately, another region’s elements were inadvertently used to create the UK in-home release which minimally altered this scene in the film. We thank our fans for their vigilance in recognizing this and apologize for the mix up.’

~Agents of SHIELD

Last edited by Silvermoon; 05-19-2014 at 08:34 AM.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:26 AM   #411
Pond
Side-Kick

Did the same thing in Spain. Showed the stabbing fully in cinemas, got the modified one on dvd/bluray. The thing is, they couldnt have used the same material they used in UK as the British had THE AVENGERS ASSEMBLE title on the movie but in SPAIN it was called properly, in english, The Avengers when you watch the movie in english.

There is no reason to change anything in Spain, as nobody gives halve a crap about age ratings and we never got this kind of modifications at all as they are not required. I also know same thing happened on other countries in Europe. So if this is just a mistake, it was massive and, worse, one they made several times on diferent territories. Makes them look a bit, and im trying to be nice here, lets say... "sloppy"?

Old 05-19-2014, 11:32 AM   #412
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvermoon View Post
My understanding is that the spear tip missing from the UK home release was something that they admitted was a mistake. I think Disney representatives said that they accidentally used an edited print from another region (I want to say Germany (?) where the censoring for violence required the spear tip to be removed) as the source to create the UK home edition.

Edit: found the link that explained it http://www.homecinemachoice.com/news...-release/13239
Wow I've watched the blu-ray so many times and don't notice. Will keep an eye out next time. Could be Germany, I have some gaming friends in Germany and they have a lot of content blocked.

Old 05-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #413
samsnee
Side-Kick

I know it's too early to even worry about it, but after catching IM2 last night on FX, I'm worried that AoU could fall into the trap of that movie. I know it's a Joss and what not, but I just hope this movie allows everyone room to breathe, and not just hopping from one action piece to another.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:00 PM   #414
Pond
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by samsnee View Post
I know it's too early to even worry about it, but after catching IM2 last night on FX, I'm worried that AoU could fall into the trap of that movie. I know it's a Joss and what not, but I just hope this movie allows everyone room to breathe, and not just hopping from one action piece to another.
Its Joss. He aint that kind of director, less so writer. He just isnt. He decided to come back, on free will. No contract obligations, to spend years working on it instead of his own stuff, wich he loves. Everithing can happen, never say never and so long, but believe me, there is no raeson, based on evidence or probability, to worry about that AT ALL.

I have been following Joss since 97 with Buffy. Believe me, the more characters on screen, the better he is. When he sais he NEDED more characters on this movie, believe him. He means it. And he has a plan. Nothing is safe, of course, but you really have NOTHING to worry at all. At least not a priori.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:22 PM   #415
TheVision

The funny thing about IM 2 is that its still a fun movie even with its flaws. I watch it every time its on TV. That said, I wouldnt even fathom AOU being anything like it.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:28 PM   #416
The Endless
WE are Groot

IM2 had some great things about it. But you could see it was rushed and micromanaged.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:37 PM   #417
samsnee
Side-Kick

Quote:
The funny thing about IM 2 is that its still a fun movie even with its flaws. I watch it every time its on TV. That said, I wouldnt even fathom AOU being anything like it.
The only thing I enjoyed in it was the suitcase armor and seeing IM/WM fight side by side. I thought Vanko could have been used a lot better and more of a central villain.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:49 PM   #418
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

I loved him fighting alongside War Machine. Hope we see that again in another film one day.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:09 PM   #419
starkresilient
Side-Kick

it was marvel who rushed im2 and wanted to make avengers 0.5 so I doubt aou can fall into that trap. joss will do his thing

Old 05-19-2014, 04:14 PM   #420
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

Well rumor has it WM will be making an appearance in AoU so there's that.

I'm really hoping for a film pushing 2 1/2 hours. If it can make close to $2B at the BO with a longer run time than that paves they way to making each of the big team films a bit longer so we can have more screen time with each character which I would love.

But again, I have all faith in Joss and how Marvel has complete faith in him. Whedon is the master of the ensemble and giving each character just enough to satisfy without taking up too much space.

Also after seeing the 2nd GotG trailer today the cinematography for AoU is going to be mind blowing! The movie is in very capable hands

Old 05-19-2014, 05:12 PM   #421
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs View Post
Well rumor has it WM will be making an appearance in AoU so there's that.

I'm really hoping for a film pushing 2 1/2 hours. If it can make close to $2B at the BO with a longer run time than that paves they way to making each of the big team films a bit longer so we can have more screen time with each character which I would love.

But again, I have all faith in Joss and how Marvel has complete faith in him. Whedon is the master of the ensemble and giving each character just enough to satisfy without taking up too much space.

Also after seeing the 2nd GotG trailer today the cinematography for AoU is going to be mind blowing! The movie is in very capable hands
The recent reports state that Rhodey's role is nothing more than a cameo.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 05-19-2014, 06:26 PM   #422
DJ_KiDDvIcIOUs
I bring da FUNK!

I can see that since essentially in the MCU right now is Air Force property as far as the Government is concerned which is basically what's going on in the current Iron Patriot run right now. I kind of like how they are being realistic about that in the MCU since if this were the real world the Air Force wouldn't let him just go off and do whatever the Avengers want him to do

Old 05-19-2014, 06:33 PM   #423
Dr. Evil
RIP Robin Williams

The fact that it's a cameo only makes me think he won't suit up in Armor, but I could be wrong.

My MCU Rankings: 1. The Avengers- 9/10, 2. Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 9/10, 3. Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10 , 4. Iron Man- 8.5/10, 5. Captain America: The First Avenger- 8/10, 6. Thor- 8/10, 7. Iron Man 2- 7.5/10, 8. Thor: The Dark World- 7/10, 9. Iron Man 3- 7/10, 10. The Incredible Hulk- 6/10
Old 05-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #424
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Hope we get a Falcon cameo as well!

Old 05-19-2014, 07:02 PM   #425
TheVision

War Machine is the weakest link in the MCU for me. I dont need to see him longer than 5 minutes in AOU. Sorry Rhodey but thats the truth.

Closed Thread