The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 02:28 AM   #101
yllum
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
I hope so. It's kind of insulting that he wasn't even labeled as a threat to hydra in tws.

No man.. the is because they can't track him.
they don't have his records on earth. you know where i am coming from?
sitwell mention that they can identify potential threat through schooling records, etc etc etc.

thor is not even from earth. and i don't think hydra knows thor is on earth currently.

Old 05-10-2014, 02:32 AM   #102
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalismanRing View Post
What she wasn't in comics or on EMH was snow white
That seems racist.

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-10-2014, 02:50 AM   #103
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

In regards to Thor being bulletproof he has taken punches from the Hulk, Kurse and has fallen many thousands of feet from the Helicarrier, it wouldn't make sense if then a bullet could harm him.

Although Wonder Woman can take hits from Superman but still needs her bracelets to deflect bullets for some reason

Old 05-10-2014, 05:22 AM   #104
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
That seems racist.
What a disingenuous load.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:14 AM   #105
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

Are we doing crossovers now? Could work as Disney have the rights to Snow White.

Old 05-10-2014, 06:19 AM   #106
The Endless
Side-Kick

If Loki and Sif are bullet proof, Thor is. Thor should be the strongest, most durable Asgardian, apart from his dad and rivalled only by Heimdall. I want to see more imagination in terms of his abilities though. And i want to see some more speed feats. He's supposed to be fast as lightning. Which isn't FTL, but is a fair fraction of it.

Wonder Woman is pretty much invulnerable to blunt force trauma. But if enough pressure is applied, sharp objects like a sword wielded by another "100 tonner" or high velocity rounds, can pierce her skin. That's why she still parries and blocks.

Old 05-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #107
HUMANIMAL

edit...

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 05-10-2014 at 08:20 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:22 AM   #108
yllum
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
To be frank, I dont mind having no new characters, All i hope for is a great film that is as good as, if not better than the A1

Old 05-10-2014, 08:34 AM   #109
TheVision
ULTRON DID IT!

I was just thinking about all the super hero movies ive seen over the years (from Batman 1966 to TWS) and realized the main reason I enjoy the MCU movies the most isnt because of the SFX or the action sequences, its because I simply love the characters and their relationships in that universe. Like if The Avengers wasnt written by Joss, I probably wouldnt care for it as much. It would just be another action movie to me. The way he brought his unique sense of humor and love of the characters to it, made a huge difference. It takes it to another level. You enjoy just hanging out with these people even when theyre sitting in a room. That is something important you cant duplicate. Its his personality and respect for the material that makes it all work so well. Other super hero movies might be entertaining, but if you dont have a filmmaker that is putting their personal stamp on them and just treat the productions as a "job", they wont come across as well as they could. Of course most Marvel characters are already great, so that only helps when adapting them to film.

"I try to make my superhero movies as if there's either never been one or there's only ever been them. I work with the idea that it's just a natural way for people to be, so that you still make a movie about people." - Joss Whedon

Last edited by TheVision; 05-10-2014 at 08:45 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:05 AM   #110
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by yllum View Post
To be frank, I dont mind having no new characters, All i hope for is a great film that is as good as, if not better than the A1
i edited it cause i think cosmicbookmovies took this interview out of context, just to let people speculate about other characters. renner ment scarlett witch quicksilver and probably the vision.

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-10-2014, 09:08 AM   #111
HUMANIMAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
I was just thinking about all the super hero movies ive seen over the years (from Batman 1966 to TWS) and realized the main reason I enjoy the MCU movies the most isnt because of the SFX or the action sequences, its because I simply love the characters and their relationships in that universe. Like if The Avengers wasnt written by Joss, I probably wouldnt care for it as much. It would just be another action movie to me. The way he brought his unique sense of humor and love of the characters to it, made a huge difference. It takes it to another level. You enjoy just hanging out with these people even when theyre sitting in a room. That is something important you cant duplicate. Its his personality and respect for the material that makes it all work so well. Other super hero movies might be entertaining, but if you dont have a filmmaker that is putting their personal stamp on them and just treat the productions as a "job", they wont come across as well as they could. Of course most Marvel characters are already great, so that only helps when adapting them to film.
did you see this series too?

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-10-2014, 09:13 AM   #112
TheVision
ULTRON DID IT!

^^ Never saw it. Kevin Peter Hall, thats the guy who played the Predator right?

"I try to make my superhero movies as if there's either never been one or there's only ever been them. I work with the idea that it's just a natural way for people to be, so that you still make a movie about people." - Joss Whedon
Old 05-10-2014, 09:20 AM   #113
HUMANIMAL

yup...didnt new that until you mentioned it;-) i was searching for this series a couple of days now...and finally found it.

good o'l times

MY FANART AND MANIPS

Last edited by HUMANIMAL; 05-10-2014 at 09:23 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:25 AM   #114
TheVision
ULTRON DID IT!

My fav super hero TV series is The Incredible HULK. Ill still rewatch it every now n then. Growing up I watched The live action Spidey, Cap w/ Reb Brown, Wonder Woman, Superman (50s), Batman (60s), Greatest American Hero.

Elizabeth Olsen and ATJ talk a little about SW and QS
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by TheVision; 05-10-2014 at 09:40 AM.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:49 AM   #115
starkresilient
Side-Kick

can't wait to see their powers on screen. it should be amazing

Old 05-10-2014, 09:53 AM   #116
TheVision
ULTRON DID IT!

^^ It sounds like Quick has a diff sense of humor because hes so fast at everything. Cool!

If Scarlett Witch is a bit crazy, thats because she can see so much. It would affect anyones mind to have such extraordinary powers.

Old 05-10-2014, 09:56 AM   #117
HUMANIMAL

i bet in a conversation he keeps coming back completing his sentences

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-10-2014, 10:00 AM   #118
starkresilient
Side-Kick

QS will probably make tony crazy, cap impatient and don't even wanna think how hulk would respond to him

Old 05-10-2014, 10:06 AM   #119
TheVision
ULTRON DID IT!

Quick will probably be an impatient, arrogant dude who doesnt trust The Avengers.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:33 AM   #120
VulcanVader
Side-Kick

Taylor-Johnson's hairstyle in that video actually fits the character more than that long wig.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:37 AM   #121
Iceman
BOBSTER VON DREYK

The action they've shown for DOFP Quicksilver looks great. Exciting that we'll have someone with these powers in Avengers. I think Joss was totally right in going for these 2 as new characters for the difference in their powers compared to the original 6.

Old 05-10-2014, 10:44 AM   #122
TheVision
ULTRON DID IT!

^^ Yeah I dont think Joss would even put them in the film if they didnt really add to it in a cool way. The more I hear about AOU the more I dont expect this film to be about a happy group of close pals working together to fight evil type movie. Its going to be about them being torn apart in diff ways/testing their resolve from top to bottom, so by the end when theyre all together itll really feel earned.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:09 AM   #123
OriginalMiles
Feelings do have feelings

I'm just wondering what else Scarlet Witch can do other than telekinisis.

Interested to find out if she'll have Hex Bolts.

IM3 was amazing, don't care what the haters say
The Spider-Man Boards (in a nutshell)
I am No. 1: The Polisher/Gentleman
Old 05-10-2014, 11:17 AM   #124
TheVision
ULTRON DID IT!

I think Scarlet Witch will have a lot of visual FX to her character. Since she does a lot with her mind, we'll see through her eyes, maybe flashbacks, flash forwards, weird stuff like that. Then in action sequences she'll have the Carrie type powers where she can move/break things, make people act differently (kinda like Jedi mind tricks) shoot Hex bolts etc.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:18 AM   #125
TalismanRing
Cyclone Cookie Tosser

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkresilient View Post
QS will probably make tony crazy, cap impatient and don't even wanna think how hulk would respond to him
*SMASH*

Can you imagine the visual of Hulk trying to smash him as QS zips around him just annoying him more and more?

Closed Thread