The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age Of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 05-10-2014, 11:24 AM   #126
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

^^ It could be a very funny sequence for QS to run around and annoy HULK. Thats an example of why QS will be a cool character. He cant really be caught by anyone.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #127
starkresilient
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - Upgrade section 5

it would be so amazing.

another classic fun moment between hulk and QS just like hulk and loki.

Old 05-10-2014, 11:38 AM   #128
TheVision

Joss said The Twins will be messing with The Avengers so we should expect lots of stuff like that to happen.

Old 05-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #129
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

I didn't know ATJ was British until a couple days ago. lol

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Old 05-10-2014, 01:48 PM   #130
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by starkresilient View Post
it would be so amazing.

another classic fun moment between hulk and QS just like hulk and loki.
I take back what I've said before about someone catching him. That should be virtually impossible.

Instead, his comeuppance after teasing the crap out of the Hulk should be Hulk knocking him off his feet with a surprise thunderclap. Or if it's Thor, then Thor lays down an electric field.

Kind of a video game convention yes, but AoE's would probably be difficult to evade in a realistic setting too.

Also, hearing that Scarlet Witch is just kind of 'aware' of everything, makes me think that she indeed has telekinesis, but the applications they're giving her form of telekinesis goes beyond the traditional "ooh I can levitate things" imagination that goes to telekinesis.

Think about it, if you can affect everything with your mind, would you not also be hyper aware of your surroundings with your mind too? Kind of like how Magneto can 'sense' metal in his surroundings, even if it's hidden from eyesight. Except with telekinesis, you're not limited to just one kind of thing. You're aware of everything you could possibly manipulate, and that could perhaps lead to someone becoming unhinged, like we've heard Wanda will be in various interviews.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #131
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
If Loki and Sif are bullet proof, Thor is. Thor should be the strongest, most durable Asgardian, apart from his dad and rivalled only by Heimdall.
When was Sif shown as bulletproof? Loki's could possibly be explained by the staff.

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 05-10-2014, 04:26 PM   #132
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

I think I remember some bulllets bouncing off of Loki in the opening scene. If the staff provided some kind of force field or protection im pretty sure Whedon wouldve illustrated that on-screen somehow. Also, he survived the Coulson sneak attack without so much as a scratch and that was based on Destroyer tech.

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 05-10-2014, 04:28 PM   #133
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

On QS, what do you guys think would be a clever "MCU-consistent" strategy for neutralizing the speedster? And which character has the best shot of subduing him?

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 05-10-2014, 04:41 PM   #134
CoherentChaos
Side-Kick

Sif took a shotgun blast point blank and the only thing that got damaged was the collar for Lorelei. She didn't even flinch, she just looked mildly annoyed.

Also, maybe SHIELD had some stasis field tech or something? That could be used to contain QS. It wouldn't be too far fetched, I mean, an episode of Agents had them firing gamma ray beams at a super villain in a very Ghostbusters reminiscent style.

Old 05-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #135
starkresilient
Side-Kick

tony/bruce to make some gadgets to stabilize QS' speed would be my first guess

Old 05-10-2014, 04:50 PM   #136
DrDoom
Dictator

Yeah, he looked like he couldnt control it in the End Credit scene. Maybe the science Bro's help him out

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
Old 05-10-2014, 04:57 PM   #137
TheVision

If anyone stops QS itll be ULTRON. Hes done it in the comics. Im looking for a panel of it right now

Old 05-10-2014, 08:48 PM   #138
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
On QS, what do you guys think would be a clever "MCU-consistent" strategy for neutralizing the speedster? And which character has the best shot of subduing him?
Offhand, the best options are:

1. Surprise attack while he's standing still for whatever reason

2. Area atttacks, depending on their nature, would at least require him to move far more to avoid them

3. Depending on how Mjolnir works, targeted attacks from it would make things very hairy for Pietro, with him having to dodge lightning or thrown hammers that follow him

4. Anything that makes the terrain slick or unstable, like wetting down everything

My guess is that Thor is your best bet for taking him down "fairly", and Hawkeye your best bet for backshotting him when he's unsuspecting.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:11 AM   #139
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Mark Ruffalo in Mo-cap

Old 05-11-2014, 02:19 AM   #140
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Already been posted. Still cool nonetheless.

Old 05-11-2014, 02:43 AM   #141
Boom
I got nothin'

No Thor sightings yet?

Old 05-11-2014, 08:41 AM   #142
starkresilient
Side-Kick

well not thor but hemsworth sighting from may 4

Old 05-11-2014, 08:53 AM   #143
TheVision

THOR doesnt have his suit on. Wheres Mjolnir? Thats not Jane!

Old 05-11-2014, 08:55 AM   #144
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Is that Scarlett?

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 05-11-2014, 09:13 AM   #145
ajpro
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by PyroChamber View Post
Is that Scarlett?
It's his wife.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:14 AM   #146
starkresilient
Side-Kick

no his wife elsa pataky and their 3 kids

also I think the holiday is over and rdj is back to london too

Old 05-11-2014, 09:37 AM   #147
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVision View Post
THOR doesnt have his suit on. Wheres Mjolnir? Thats not Jane!
She is (in some sense)! It was her in wig&costume in the after credit reunion scene in TDW, not Portman.

Old 05-11-2014, 09:39 AM   #148
TheVision

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwing View Post
She is (in some sense)! It was her in wig&costume in the after credit reunion scene in TDW, not Portman.
Really? I didnt know that, cool!

Old 05-11-2014, 09:59 AM   #149
Ms. Marvel
Side-Kick

Quote:
My fav super hero TV series is The Incredible HULK. Ill still rewatch it every now n then. Growing up I watched The live action Spidey, Cap w/ Reb Brown, Wonder Woman, Superman (50s), Batman (60s), Greatest American Hero.

Elizabeth Olsen and ATJ talk a little about SW and QS
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

So....I guess there's no incestuous relationship then.

1. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5 2. The Amazing Spider-Man 2 7.5 3. X-Men: Days of Future Past 9 4. Guardians of the Galaxy 9.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne78 View Post
But Captain America: The Winter Soldier wins. Everything. My first born son, even. It's the unicorn of the MCU.
Old 05-11-2014, 10:50 AM   #150
Moonwing
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really? I didnt know that, cool!
Really, yep=). As the ending was pretty much the last moment change, he was in Hong Kong filming some other movie and as Portman refused to fly over there they used his actual wife who was there with him.

Closed Thread