The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > The Avengers > Avengers: Age of Ultron

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 24

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - Part 23

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 07-27-2014, 07:34 AM   #3
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - Part 24

We're still not sure she's really gone though, I'd have to see this for myself. I doubt Joss would be lazy to do it off screen. Thor came back to earth for Jane at the end of Thor 2. I'd rather have Portman appear in AOU to address this. Quite frankly I'm not happy with it happening off screen and it's just mentioned in passing. If this means more Asgard and the 9 realms and less earth, in Thor 3 then cool.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIES OF ALL TIME:
1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #4
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 25

Age of Ultron takes 5 minutes out of its run time to have Jane dump Thor. Sweet.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 AM   #5
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Default Re: The Avengers 2! The Official News and Speculation Thread - - - - - Part 25

It can be done off-screen smartly, especially if that is what drives him to Avengers Tower

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 07-27-2014, 07:37 AM   #6
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

I'd rather the split occur on camera, but as long as Darcy goes with Jane i'm not bothered.

But if Thor 3 is Ragnarok and Loki trying to destroy all the 9 realms I'm sure Thor will be back on Earth so I imagine Jane will be there.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #7
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.

Earth is a very, very big place and Avengers did just fine without her.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:44 AM   #8
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop Rocks View Post
Earth is a very, very big place and Avengers did just fine without her.
I am hoping Thor 3 doesn't take place on earth at all.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:47 AM   #9
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.

I'm hoping Thor 3 is better than The Dark World

Old 07-27-2014, 07:51 AM   #10
kosh33
MCU Fanatic

who said Jane is gone?

Old 07-27-2014, 07:52 AM   #11
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aesop Rocks View Post
I'm hoping Thor 3 is better than The Dark World
Taking out Jane and Darcy would immediately improve it, removing the silly forced humor in the middle of battle scenes as well, some of it was funny others not.

I find it strange that the writers of TWS were the same as TDW, because TWS had a great balance there were funny moments but they weren't forced or over the top.

Giving us a great villain besides Loki, and an epic fight where we see all of Thors power.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:53 AM   #12
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kosh33 View Post
who said Jane is gone?
Well El Mayimbe and he has been spot on about everything else, so i think people are assuming he is correct about Thor and Jane being split up.

Old 07-27-2014, 07:54 AM   #13
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

If the party is being thrown to cheer up Thor because of the break up then that contextualizes the scene pretty solidly.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 07-27-2014, 07:55 AM   #14
Aesop Rocks
Now I'm Free.

El Maybe is a doucher

Old 07-27-2014, 08:13 AM   #15
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
If the party is being thrown to cheer up Thor because of the break up then that contextualizes the scene pretty solidly.
I thought the party was for publicity? Though this is the "after" party.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #16
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
That's what I was thinking.

"I'm going to show you something beautiful, everyone screaming for mercy. You want to protect the world, but you don't want it to change. You're all puppets tangled in strings...Strings...There are no strings on me"- Ultron

1) Captain America: The Winter Soldier 2) The Dark Knight 3) Spider-Man 2 4) X-Men: Days Of Future Past 5) X-Men: First Class
Old 07-27-2014, 08:16 AM   #17
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I cant really say anything other than Im very happy theres an MCU and I get to see it. AOU is gonna be some next level stuff it sounds like. We're entering the Age of Epic Super Hero Films.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:18 AM   #18
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Just realised, absolutely no sign of Baron von Strucker. Does this mean he's very minor to AoU and will be the head for Cap 3?

Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 07-27-2014, 08:24 AM   #19
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
Just realised, absolutely no sign of Baron von Strucker. Does this mean he's very minor to AoU and will be the head for Cap 3?
Yeah i think the film is gonna start off with the Avengers finishing off Hydra. The party scene and then bam Ultron happens.

I doubt he will be in it more than 5-10 minutes.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #20
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post

It is. EW already said so; the Avengers were having a publicity get-together with the NYC Mayor and other bigwigs to "celebrate" the privatization of world security, and this is the after-party, hangin' out with buds.

BTW, CBM has a LOT more detailed description of both the Ant-Man and AoU trailers, courtesy of io9. CS/SHH's on-the-fly blog last night doesn't even begin to do either trailer justice, apparently, and they got more than a few items flat-out wrong, and completely missed some other major plot points/dialogue.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-27-2014, 08:29 AM   #21
TeeKay
Side-Kick

Saw this over at the Box Office forums.

Old 07-27-2014, 08:33 AM   #22
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post
Yeah i think the film is gonna start off with the Avengers finishing off Hydra. The party scene and then bam Ultron happens.

Would be a shame to lose HYDRA so quickly, they've got to be an antagonist for longer surely?

Old 07-27-2014, 08:34 AM   #23
TheVision
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Chris Evans at SDCC talks about super hero movies (I agree 100% w his views)

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 07-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #24
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostcrow13 View Post

That doesn't make sense, though. We know SW & QS are in Von Strucker's base, and we know Hawkeye is in Sokovia with the sibs from the set pics. *Could* be later in the game, but since Wanda & Pietro are wearing the same clothes from the CATWS scene, it's not unreasonable to guess that Hawkeye is actually rescuing them from Von Strucker's base (which would logically be in Sokovia). Why would Clint then show up to the Avengers shindig all casual-like, with no hint of where Wanda & Pietro are?

Plus, Von Strucker clearly indicates in the post-cred from CATWS that HYDRA is just a front, and that he and his "miracles" are part of some larger shadow organization/ higher echelon.

Von Strucker's role *has* to be much deeper than just a prologue. For one, he is obviously instrumental in how the Maximoffs get introduced to the Avengers, be they friend or foe; and for another, his role is obviously bigger than just HYDRA lieutenant, or even HYDRA leader. He's up to something else, and it probably involves the Masters of Evil.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 07-27-2014, 08:36 AM   #25
Ghostcrow13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
Would be a shame to lose HYDRA so quickly, they've got to be an antagonist for longer surely?
Do you mean in the grander scheme of things or this movie, I think they will be back after AoU. I doubt Von Strucker will be defeated, possibly captured but I'm sure he will be in Cap 3.

As for Hydra in this film, think about how much has to happen. Ultron has to turn bad, there has to be a few incarnations, Vision has to be created, there has to be Team Ultron with Vision and the twins. Vision and the twins have to change sides, then presumably there is a big battle with Avengers vs Ultron drones before a final battle vs Ultron.

Closed Thread