The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Thoughts on the batmobile
Wow! The Batmobile I was hoping for and in my dreams. 42 48.28%
Not bad. I need to see it in action. 43 49.43%
Meh. 1 1.15%
I prefer the last batmobiles. 1 1.15%
Voters: 87. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-12-2014, 11:33 PM   #51
The Guard
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batmobile Thread - Part 1

They would appear to have gone back toward the classic, longer-nosed Batmobile. Good. The single fin suggests a design with more classic elements. I'm expecting a lot rounder and sleeker lines in general, and something a far cry from The Tumbler.

And if I'm right
The future's looking bright
A symbol in the skies at night
The Guard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:36 PM   #52
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Guard View Post
They would appear to have gone back toward the classic, longer-nosed Batmobile. Good. The single fin suggests a design with more classic elements. I'm expecting a lot rounder and sleeker lines in general, and something a far cry from The Tumbler.
It appears to be a split fin/wing

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 11:51 PM   #53
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Default Re: The Batmobile Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pondslider View Post
It probably won't happen, but I'd love a shot of the inside of the batcave with multiple versions of the batmobile sitting around like in the comics. Not those ones, but reminiscent maybe.
I've always wanted to see that as well

Old 05-12-2014, 11:53 PM   #54
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmc View Post
Did DC not recently incorporate The Tumbler into the comics? I'm about 18 months behind on my comic reading.
Debuted in Detective Comics #20.

Last edited by OnTheAir; 05-13-2014 at 12:02 AM.
OnTheAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:01 AM   #55
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

I agree with the view that it looks like it could be a mix of the Tumbler and the BF Batmobile, personally I loved the Tumbler but I am glad to see them going for something sleek and more visually spectacular for this film.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I hate the Tumbler, it's ugly as hell.
*Best noir P.I. voice*

You wanna drive it or date it Lady?

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:28 AM   #56
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by EtherMagic View Post
Not gonna happen, we will get the suit reveals very soon.

The MOS suit was revealed on August 4th 2011, almost 2 years before the movie came out. Also, Principal photography started on MOS on August 1st 2011, 3 days prior to the reveal. We then had our spy pics of the suit around a week after the reveal.

I expect WB will follow the same time frame here, Principal photography starts on May 19th for BvS, IMO there is no way we will be waiting even until middle of June, suit reveals are right around the corner.
The MOS pics came because they were shooting on location and wanted to get a better pic out before the spy phone pics. Snyder has said that they have arranged the schedule to prevent spy phone pics.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:44 AM   #57
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
The MOS pics came because they were shooting on location and wanted to get a better pic out before the spy phone pics. Snyder has said that they have arranged the schedule to prevent spy phone pics.
True. But MOS only had a brief amount of on location action featuring Cavill in costume. It was pretty much just the Smallville scene. Everything else when he's in costume was either filmed in the desert or on a soundstage for Metropolis.

Now that the origin story is out of the way it's expected that this film will have significantly more scenes of Superman in costume on location.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 12:48 AM   #58
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
True. But MOS only had a brief amount of on location action featuring Cavill in costume. It was pretty much just the Smallville scene. Everything else when he's in costume was either filmed in the desert or on a soundstage for Metropolis.

Now that the origin story is out of the way it's expected that this film will have significantly more scenes of Superman in costume on location.
WB put out a pic of the MOS suit because they were going to do location shooting.

Snyder came out and said that they arranged the shooting to limit spy pics. If they keep all the non-superhero scenes shot before comic con and all the superhero scenes after comic con then there is no real need to reveal the costumes this week.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
roach is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:03 AM   #59
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
WB put out a pic of the MOS suit because they were going to do location shooting.

Snyder came out and said that they arranged the shooting to limit spy pics. If they keep all the non-superhero scenes shot before comic con and all the superhero scenes after comic con then there is no real need to reveal the costumes this week.
Just because they're limiting spy pics doesn't mean they're not going to show pics of the actors in costume.

The attempt to limit spy pics could just be to prevent spoilers getting out and instances similar to Talia Al Ghul being caught on set during Dark Knight Rises location shooting.

HERESY!
Old 05-13-2014, 01:36 AM   #60
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
Debuted in Detective Comics #20.

Awesome, I love it that Nolan's influence has crept into the comics.

I am genuinely surprised however they've gone for the more classic Batmobile shape for this film. Would have loved to have seen something a bit more 'sporty' for lack of better phrase.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:38 AM   #61
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Well the shape looks a bit F1 like so I guess they are taking the sportier route somewhat. Like most have mentioned its a mixture of the "traditional" Batmobile from the comics and the militaristic detailing of the Tumbler.

Good middle ground there.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
craigdbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:42 AM   #62
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Fair call. I was thinking more Lamborghini like more than anything, I've seen some really cool mock-ups of a Lambo inspired Batmobile over the years that I really liked. On paper anyway this looks like a decent middle ground as you say, it's inoffensive if nothing else.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 01:51 AM   #63
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Quote:
Fair call. I was thinking more Lamborghini like more than anything, I've seen some really cool mock-ups of a Lambo inspired Batmobile over the years that I really liked. On paper anyway this looks like a decent middle ground as you say, it's inoffensive if nothing else.
I agree. I'm thinking Tumbler's all terrain ability meets something like the Lamborghini Egoista or Ankonian.

HERESY!
Old 05-13-2014, 02:01 AM   #64
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

Actually if you compare the Egoista to the Arkham Knight batmobile. They share a similar overall design.

HERESY!

Last edited by Wise; 05-13-2014 at 02:17 AM.
Old 05-13-2014, 02:14 AM   #65
Dispatch Ninja
Side-Kick

They should put affleck inside. If they don't want to reveal the suit yet just have him in there giving us a thumbs up or something

Old 05-13-2014, 02:22 AM   #66
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

The reveal pic should be Ben delivering a pizza using the Batmobile.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:24 AM   #67
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dispatch Ninja View Post
They should put affleck inside. If they don't want to reveal the suit yet just have him in there giving us a thumbs up or something
You keep asking for that and they'll put Ben inside sans costume giving a thumbs up just to piss everyone off.

guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:24 AM   #68
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

I don't think I'll realise just how excited I am for BvS until that sheet comes off.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
AnneFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:25 AM   #69
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

It could have been a Cadillac...hahaha!!!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:26 AM   #70
EtherMagic
Side-Kick

Quote:
Considering the official Pic of Cavill in suit was released before the Smallville scenes were even shot, i don't believe for one bit that this was the reason for releasing the official pic a week before. I can see them doing this "after" spy pics came out, but not before. When Kimber Dolan released that first spy pic of Cavill from a distance showing no red underwear, thats when WB sprung into action and had Wocats come on here and post on set photos of Henry in the suit. Kimber Dolan told me personally on set that they had no idea she was hiding in the shadows snapping pics, and literally hid in her house for 3 days straight worried that WB was after her! And one more thing... They had NO idea i was in my buddies restaurant snapping pics when they were shooting the Sups/Zod scenes.

In all your arguement makes no sense as the official pic was released before any shooting was taken place, and Snyder did say they have a plans to try to keep spys away from shooting, but also said something to the extent of "these people are quit clever though, when they want something they get it".

I'd bet my 2012 Dodge Charger on it we will have a suit reveal with the month.

BTW, im really loving the outline of the new Batmobile, brings me back to Burtons batmobile, which was the style i was hoping we would get.

"But there is nothing wrong with making a film about him a bit edgier and less corny."
EtherMagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:33 AM   #71
Mach2Infinity
Side-Kick

It seems to be a mix of these two:

That raised section on the Batmobile looks to be a sort of airfoil as there's hydraulics supporting that tail. Just a guess .

Last edited by Mach2Infinity; 05-13-2014 at 02:37 AM.
Mach2Infinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:48 AM   #72
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach2Infinity View Post
It seems to be a mix of these two:

This is in the wheel house of what I've imagined the Batmobile to look like since I was a kid. Just of course painted in darker colors. I've never been big on the "Bat" detailing that is on too much of Batman's equipment.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:51 AM   #73
Kevin Smith
Banned User

I hate the Tumbler. There. I said it.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2014, 02:51 AM   #74
OnTheAir
Papa Spank

Quote:
Awesome, I love it that Nolan's influence has crept into the comics.

I am genuinely surprised however they've gone for the more classic Batmobile shape for this film. Would have loved to have seen something a bit more 'sporty' for lack of better phrase.
Quote:
I was thinking more Lamborghini like more than anything, I've seen some really cool mock-ups of a Lambo inspired Batmobile over the years that I really liked. On paper anyway this looks like a decent middle ground as you say, it's inoffensive if nothing else.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
I agree. I'm thinking Tumbler's all terrain ability meets something like the Lamborghini Egoista or Ankonian.
The Ankonian just absolutely screams "Batmobile!"

Must...drive...someday...

*drools*

Old 05-13-2014, 02:57 AM   #75
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnTheAir View Post
The Ankonian just absolutely screams "Batmobile!"

Must...drive...someday...

*drools*
What's the purpose of the panels coming up and down? Wind resistance?

guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote