The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Old 06-07-2014, 11:45 AM   #51
jeffjhicks
Side-Kick

Default Re: My Generous Proposal (Are you IN or are you OUT?)

I signed it a while ago. I know there's a good movie inside Spider-Man 3...somewhere

jeffjhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 01:27 PM   #52
OriginalMiles
Goblin

They could easily transform Spider-Man 3 into a good movie by simply taking scenes out, imo.

Adding scenes would make it even better than good. It would be...

VERY GOOD.

Sent a few PMs asking if he was dead, and he's yet to reply. Either he's mad at me, or he's dead.
Former Leader of the SHH20, current Lackey
OriginalMiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 10:30 PM   #53
BRAB
Eaten by the Lizard Guy

status update on this petition? Seems to have lagged behind the over one significantly

BRAB's Quote of the Week:

Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVITIKUZ View Post
I've seen enough cartoons to know this photo will have a bad ending.
BRAB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:03 PM   #54
henzINNIT
Side-Kick

It's treading water at the moment. Sigs are ticking up a little each day, but some personal life stuff cropped up recently and haulted my promotions. Have kind of run out of ideas at this point *shrugs*

Gave a co-admin position on the facebook page to a guy who runs some other pages, he apparently proceeded to remove my admin status and do literally nothing with the page lol. I'm still an editor there, and it picks up likes gradually.

Old 06-21-2014, 09:12 AM   #55
Venus
Side-Kick

Signed a while ago, but I liked and followed tonight.

I added an external link here for some tiny promo

http://spiderman-films.wikia.com/wiki/Spider-Man_3

I'd add the link to my sig if I could.

You should try and get an article on these sites

http://www.superherohype.com/

http://spidermannews.com/

Venus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 01:47 AM   #56
Daltonio
Itsy Bitsy Spider

I'm a couple of months late to finding out about the petition but I saw the link in your signature and signed right away. So even if it's going a little slow right now, know that people are still finding out about it and there's still hope for more signatures.

If there's any other ways to help, just let us know. I'd love to see this happen someday.

Daltonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 04:34 AM   #57
Spider-knight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

So people don't care for a directors cut of TASM 1 and 2 but yet they care for sam's spiderman 3? Ugh-_-

Spider-knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 06:46 AM   #58
OriginalMiles
Goblin

Most of SM3's problems are fixable. TASM2 would require the entire plot to change.

Sent a few PMs asking if he was dead, and he's yet to reply. Either he's mad at me, or he's dead.

Last edited by OriginalMiles; 08-15-2014 at 06:53 AM.
Old 08-15-2014, 07:17 AM   #59
Spider-knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by OriginalMiles View Post
Most of SM3's problems are fixable. TASM2 would require the entire plot to change.
2 is just as fixable as Raimi's 3 but just also add some alternate endings and scenes like a DVD menu

Old 08-15-2014, 09:12 AM   #60
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
thats opinionated and debatable

Old 08-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #61
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-knight View Post
So people don't care for a directors cut of TASM 1 and 2 but yet they care for sam's spiderman 3? Ugh-_-
well with a directors cut we can have the sandman being uncle bens killer removed from the film.. it won't make much sense once its gone since its likely part of the story but... yeah and think of how better treated venom would be in the directors cut... yeah i guess... and um.. think about how much better the weird love triangle between harry,mj and peter will be when they take out some of the questionable stuff like the park break up

and he might even remove the peter street dance and add something else... well he probably won't but i dunno

Old 08-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #62
OriginalMiles
Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
thats opinionated and debatable
Not really. Most of TASM2's problems lie in the plot. All we know about this "directors cut" of TASM2 is that it can magically change it into a Dark Knight level movie. While SM3, we have seen what it almost was. Look at all the evidence in this thread. All we have to go on with TASM2 are the deleted scenes and this "TeeKay version".

Spider-Man 3 could be improved by taking scenes out, the added stuff is a bonus.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:23 AM   #63
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

Spider-Man 3 could be improved by taking scenes out, the added stuff is a bonus.
you think SM3 would work with every scene people hated removed? and that the story will tie together well again after?

alot of what people hated are pretty big scenes

very questionable and debatable to say this is more fixable

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-15-2014 at 09:26 AM.
GuestStar2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:27 AM   #64
OriginalMiles
Goblin

Quote:
you think SM3 would work with every scene people hated removed? and that the story will tie together well after?

alot of what people hated are pretty big scenes

very questionable and debatable
Really? So the Tobey Dance scene was a big scene?

Let's not forget there's an alternate version of the Venom/Sandman team up that works a lot better than the terrible one we got. Oh, and more Sandman backstory with his daughter... him attacking a Doctor because he won't cure her.. sure, none of this will help the movie.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:37 AM   #65
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Really? So the Tobey Dance scene was a big scene?

Let's not forget there's an alternate version of the Venom/Sandman team up that works a lot better than the terrible one we got. Oh, and more Sandman backstory with his daughter... him attacking a Doctor because he won't cure her.. sure, none of this will help the movie.
sandman will still be uncle bens killer, all the dreadful stuff with Mj and harry will still be there, i dunno if you could take out the silly emo peter stuff and fit it back together tightly with no holes left over

and i dunno what the alternative sandman and venom team up would have been but that 1 scene can save the movie then thats impressive

and the extended scenes if they can fix the movies plot and every one of its flaws then great

Old 08-15-2014, 09:41 AM   #66
OriginalMiles
Goblin

Quote:
sandman will still be uncle bens killer, all the dreadful stuff with Mj and harry will still be there, i dunno if you could take out the silly emo peter stuff and fit it back together tightly with no holes left over
1: Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer doesn't hurt the movie.
2: The MJ and Harry stuff wasn't movie killing
3: No, but you could take out most of it.

Quote:
and i dunno what the alternative sandman and venom team up would have been but that 1 scene can save the movie then thats impressive
I never said it could save the movie, I said it would help the movie. Learn the difference.

Quote:
and the extended scenes if they can fix the movies plot and every one of its flaws then great
They can't fix everything, but they sure as hell can help.

Old 08-15-2014, 09:52 AM   #67
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
1: Sandman being Uncle Ben's killer doesn't hurt the movie.
2: The MJ and Harry stuff wasn't movie killing
3: No, but you could take out most of it.

I never said it could save the movie, I said it would help the movie. Learn the difference.

They can't fix everything, but they sure as hell can help.
Many would feel the same way about TASM2 which is why its opinionated and debatable

Old 08-15-2014, 09:54 AM   #68
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-knight View Post
So people don't care for a directors cut of TASM 1 and 2 but yet they care for sam's spiderman 3?
That's how it should be.

Quote:
Exactly

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:55 AM   #69
OriginalMiles
Goblin

Quote:
many would feel the same way about tasm2 which is why its opinionated and debatable
Ooh, I don't disbelieve that you could improve TASM2, I just don't think the directors cut is a Dark Knight level movie like many would say. It's ridiculous.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:30 AM   #70
Spider-knight

Quote:
well with a directors cut we can have the sandman being uncle bens killer removed from the film.. it won't make much sense once its gone since its likely part of the story but... yeah and think of how better treated venom would be in the directors cut... yeah i guess... and um.. think about how much better the weird love triangle between harry,mj and peter will be when they take out some of the questionable stuff like the park break up

and he might even remove the peter street dance and add something else... well he probably won't but i dunno
don't get me wrong, i'm all on board with a director's cut of raimi's 3 but eversince the reboot was announced marc webb and crew got so much torment from fans of the raimi films and the studio and we can see the stuff marc tried to put into so much effort originally and thanks to sony's reason to dick around with webb both of his films were a mess and i really don't believe webb should be treated this way. it's great that andrew is getting alot more respect than maguire but at the same time they accuse his character of being unlikable and while that obviously wasn't the case for 1 it certainly is the case for 2 when involving aunt may and uncle ben and peter's character is underdeveloped without learning anything from 2 and the whole movie is just a mess. i just think that the webb films should be getting great treatment than raimi's and like i said i'm all for a director's cut for raimi's 3 but i really want webb's first 2 spiderman movies the most. infact, i also think webb captures peter very well including some of the other characters.

Old 08-15-2014, 11:39 AM   #71
Spider-knight

Quote:
Ooh, I don't disbelieve that you could improve TASM2, I just don't think the directors cut is a Dark Knight level movie like many would say. It's ridiculous.
well it is a directors cut. infact the first movie would've been alot better than spiderman 2 and the avengers. infact, if the first movie hadn't been messed around with it would've recieved alot more positive reviews from fans, audiances, and critics than the avengers and would've made alot more money than the avengers. and i'm not exaggerating here from what i've seen in the deleted scenes, previsualizations, and other stuff this movie would've been alot better than the avengers and spiderman 2.

as for tasm 2 i think i would likely believe that it would've been on par with the dark knight minus electro being a really ****** villain. the romance feels connected and believable, the extra scenes with harry would've helped the movie alot, there was actually some respect for uncle ben, the final fight of the goblin and peter was much longer and vicious even how andrew handles peter when he was about to kill goblin was well handled because in the comics even without the black suit peter would still go as far to to beat someone to death out of anger without realizing it and we also see moments of peter wanting to kill someone but tried not to to keep his morality and sanity straight. the ending while i agree was a cop out it would've lead somewhere like some spy espionage sequel mixed with emotions, slice of life, and suspence even sharing some bonds with peter and richard and there would be some clues that he might be some clone or something. i don't know how it would work but i would've liked it.

i just hope they hire some great writers for the third movie like vince giligan or the skyfall writers or even the guy behind spectacular now

Old 08-15-2014, 11:40 AM   #72
Spider-knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Joker View Post
That's how it should be.
No, it shouldn't

Old 08-15-2014, 11:46 AM   #73
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick

Yes, it should. TASM 2 is so far beyond help from a director's cut. It would be like putting a band aid onto multiple fatal stab wounds. The movie needs a complete re-write. It's terrible through and through. A director's cut can't save it. That's why most people don't care for that. That's why it should be that way. It's common sense.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:56 AM   #74
Spider-knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Octopus View Post
Yes, it should. TASM 2 is so far beyond help from a director's cut. It would be like putting a band aid onto multiple fatal stab wounds. The movie needs a complete re-write. It's terrible through and through. A director's cut can't save it. That's why most people don't care for that. That's why it should be that way. It's common sense.
no, it shouldn't. infact even the people who hated the movie wanted a director's cut of this movie and demanded a director's cut of the 1st movie more than the 2nd.

Old 08-15-2014, 01:17 PM   #75
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick

Yes, it should. I don't believe you when you say that. Where do you get those stats from? Show me a factual source because it sounds like something you're just saying based on a personal belief rather than a fact.

Doctor Octopus is offline   Reply With Quote