The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 05-16-2014, 07:19 AM   #26
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
I just completely disagree with your view that Affleck is on anything. I'm a big fan of IFBB and bodybuilding in general and based on all my personal and fan experience I'd say Affleck isn't on anything as far as I can tell.
I agree with this part. He looks to be putting average work in. He has some mass but he's not very shapely. Not surprising because I didn't expect him to ce close to the effort of Cavill. Like it matters anyway, the bat suit it fantastic and makes him appear sculpted.

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:21 AM   #27
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
Let's also remember that it is Zack Snyder in charge. 300, anyone? Airbrushed musculature.
Mark Twight would be unhappy with this post. He denies any post production physique fudging.

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:50 AM   #28
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMoneyShizzle View Post
i was looking at the previous post with a gif of cavill and his arms were not that big there nor his body, suit must have had a little padding because it just looks like it doesn't translate the same
There was some padding but not a whole lot.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:54 AM   #29
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKMoneyShizzle View Post

thats kind of a big difference esp in the tricep
There is also this thing that Cavill by his own admission was at different sizes, regimes, diets during the filming.

The first is during image is during a shirtless scene where he would likely be at his lowest mass level but at his most defined so that all the cuts are seen on camera.

He would have more water weight on for his suit scenes where he doesn't need to be as tight so his muscle would look bigger but not as sculpted.

So his physique during shirtless scenes and during suit-wearing scenes would be different. With very possibly bigger size during his suit wearing scenes. He even said he was at his smallest diet for the shirtless scenes.

Old 05-16-2014, 07:58 AM   #30
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogue trooper View Post
Let's also remember that it is Zack Snyder in charge. 300, anyone? Airbrushed musculature.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post
Mark Twight would be unhappy with this post. He denies any post production physique fudging.
Yeah both Twight and Snyder would take offense at this statement including the actors. Snyder and Twight have raised the bar through 300 and MOS as to what action heroes can look like, and this was all done through hard work and discipline.

To prove that these physiques are completely real, there is hours of BTS footage on the Blu Rays of both 300 and MOS and you can see that the actors actually had the physiques which they showed on screen.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:09 AM   #31
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
Almost Henry's entire body was covered with fake muscles.. There are pictures out there that show the sculpture, and the painted muscle suit.. A lot more than most want to believe.

The abs are a give away, they do not really look like abs should.. There are some elements of style added. But make no mistake, Henry's body was almost completely covered..
It is obvious the suit has padding, no denying that but that is because you cannot show muscle definition through a fabric. So you need padding - it is a necessary evil and it not because the actor was not up to the mark or not ready to put in the work.

Cavill built this very sculpted, ripped & muscular comicbook accurate physique for Superman - but it would be all for naught if you don't see it in suit because that is how Superman appears in the comics. So the sculpted suit was created, using a cast of his own body - to show at all times the muscle definition that Cavill had attained.

Mind this isn't cheating, its not like they are giving Seth Rogen a body like Henry Cavill in the suit, they are giving Henry Cavill a body like Henry Cavill in the suit, so its fair. And Snyder said he included shirtless scenes in the movie to show off Cavill's physique so that the audience knows that he actually built that body and it was not just a fake representation in the suit.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #32
matt47
Side-Kick

This picture proves that while there is padding, which every costumes NEEDS, it doesn't make Ben look any bigger than he really is.

matt47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 08:34 AM   #33
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post

This picture proves that while there is padding, which every costumes NEEDS, it doesn't make Ben look any bigger than he really is.
The delts, triceps, forearms and abodminals are still obviously padded.

But this is alright! As I have been trying to say again and again.

If there's a shirtless scene, that would be the moment for Affleck to show what he's got and how he's done. The suit being padded is a necessity and not a mark against the actor at all.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:43 AM   #34
matt47
Side-Kick

I agree about the delts and abdomin but not so much on the triceps and forearms.
The forearms I feel look bigger because of the...oh my...brain fart..the "gloves".
The triceps look more defined because of the delts I feel.

matt47 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:51 AM   #35
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
It is obvious the suit has padding, no denying that but that is because you cannot show muscle definition through a fabric. So you need padding - it is a necessary evil and it not because the actor was not up to the mark or not ready to put in the work.

Cavill built this very sculpted, ripped & muscular comicbook accurate physique for Superman - but it would be all for naught if you don't see it in suit because that is how Superman appears in the comics. So the sculpted suit was created, using a cast of his own body - to show at all times the muscle definition that Cavill had attained.

Mind this isn't cheating, its not like they are giving Seth Rogen a body like Henry Cavill in the suit, they are giving Henry Cavill a body like Henry Cavill in the suit, so its fair. And Snyder said he included shirtless scenes in the movie to show off Cavill's physique so that the audience knows that he actually built that body and it was not just a fake representation in the suit.
I agree... And I also think that it is not cheating...
Whether we are speaking of Henry, or Ben in their suits..
I do think going by their "characters?
One would need to be thought as natural, the other would be thought as armor.

Wrapping fabric skin tight around the human body while it is relaxed, it will compress the natural anatomy... Thus, almost every Superhero outfit out there made with material has padding underneath.. To carry the image through the compression.

Mr. Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:59 AM   #36
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
There was some padding but not a whole lot.
Subjective of course, but it looks like a lot to myself..
Not that it matters, but I think some underestimate just HOW much was done underneath that blue suit?
Almost a complete reading of the musculature..
And painted silver to boot... Give that "Man of Steel" sheen through the blue Lycra suit.. Found this one on another thread.. And I believe that this is Henry's muscle suit, and it looks pretty substantial..

Old 05-16-2014, 12:20 PM   #37
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Not that it matters, but I think some underestimate just HOW much was done underneath that blue suit?
And painted silver to boot... Give that "Man of Steel" sheen through the blue Lycra suit.. Found this one on another thread.. And I believe that this is Henry's muscle suit, and it looks pretty substantial..

True, but who knows how form-fitting that suit actually was on Cavill. I mean, I'm pretty sure they took the mold for the muscle suit from his body at the height of his bulkness (hence the images of him shirtless and the suit look very similar), since Cavill couldn't do that crazy workout schedule throughout the shoot. The suit would still mimic the level of physique he had in that initial shirtless scene.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:28 PM   #38
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:

Isn't that just the display mannequin?

Last edited by Krumm; 05-16-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 12:48 PM   #39
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krumm View Post

As Krumm says that looks to be the mannequin on which they try out the suit, to see how it will fill out since they won't always have Cavill around. I don't think Cavill actually wears that first and then the suit over that, that sounds absurd and very suffocating. The suit has some sculpting built into its fabric, in its very construction but Cavill wears only suit and nothing beneath it as he has said on many occasions. You can see his hair coming out of his neck line and his cuffs. And he even said he would raise up the sleeves to dribble out the sweat sometimes.

That mannequin looks like a cast of Cavill basically.

So Cavill fills out the suit just as that mannequin does.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:09 PM   #40
BvS117
Side-Kick

Quote:
As Krumm says that looks to be the mannequin on which they try out the suit, to see how it will fill out since they won't always have Cavill around. I don't think Cavill actually wears that first and then the suit over that, that sounds absurd and very suffocating. The suit has some sculpting built into its fabric, in its very construction but Cavill wears only suit and nothing beneath it as he has said on many occasions. You can see his hair coming out of his neck line and his cuffs. And he even said he would raise up the sleeves to dribble out the sweat sometimes.

That mannequin looks like a cast of Cavill basically.

His body has been airbrushed in that photo to make his abs pop more

BvS117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:21 PM   #41
Uroboric Forms
Your Move, Creep

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
well i keep my under cloth in a drawer and not on an invisible mannequin...

as long as it looks cool? fine with that but its giving away the illusion that its the body itself and not the suit being already shaped like that
Look at the torso, there's no definition for the abs or around his ribs. The shoulders are all that's obvious, and it doesn't really ruin any of the movie magic.

Though I can't find it now, there's a picture of the wardrobe department where you can see several Superman costumes hung up on a clothes rack, making them fall loose. Presenting the suit in a looser, more casual manner would have robbed that scene of its grandiosity.

EDIT: ^Why would a low-quality spy photo be airbrushed?

Uroboric Forms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 01:46 PM   #42
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
True, but who knows how form-fitting that suit actually was on Cavill. I mean, I'm pretty sure they took the mold for the muscle suit from his body at the height of his bulkness (hence the images of him shirtless and the suit look very similar), since Cavill couldn't do that crazy workout schedule throughout the shoot. The suit would still mimic the level of physique he had in that initial shirtless scene.
Well, from the reading up that I have done..
It seems that it is really important to have the suits very snug, especially when mobility is concerned. The suit needs to be snug enough to ALWAYS move with the body.

You think that they take the mold of the body when the actor is at the peak of his bulkness?

I am not so sure..
I have read that the mold is done months in advance.. Give them time to build and R&D these things.. Before the actor starts to really train and get ready.

Think about it.. How long ago did Kevin Smith "say" that he saw the suit on Ben?
November? December? I can't remember..
So, that said.. That means that Michael Wilkinson and his crew started on this back in September or October?
That means the body mold was done then.. And they have been building this suit on a 7 month old form for the most part. ( and Ben is only as of late, looking more fit.) And perhaps modified the form to match the body as Ben and his trainer begin their work?

I read that by the time Henry was at his peak in form? That suit had been done for a while.. Crazy.. Looks like it all works out in the end..

Old 05-16-2014, 02:02 PM   #43
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yes.. But I was using that particular pic to demonstrate the additional muscles that some insist were not there...
The muscles are designed on a body form in clay.. Then molded..
They recreate the new body "with muscles" to build the blue suits on top I think?And use that same form, but painted, for display.. You can also see the silver paint being rubbed off of the forearms on that mannequin if you look for it..

This is the other pic I was looking for.. From the Superman thread in this section. I am not that good with these devises ..sorry.. Or I would just post links..

Here is a pic that shows the sculpture, and Henry wearing the muscles as well..

Old 05-16-2014, 02:09 PM   #44
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think Cavill actually wears that first and then the suit over that, that sounds absurd and very suffocating. The suit has some sculpting built into its fabric, in its very construction but Cavill wears only suit and nothing beneath it as he has said on many occasions. You can see his hair coming out of his neck line and his cuffs. And he even said he would raise up the sleeves to dribble out the sweat sometimes.

This pic, and the last one I posted above should help clear things up for you..

There are two suits..
One with the silver muscles.. then the blue suit on top..
As in my previous pic, you can see the mannequin matches the Henry form with the sculpture on top of it with the "new" muscles..

If you look for this info, as I have.. You will find some really cool pics and info.
There is/was a lot more work making these suits than I originally thought..
Here is Michael Wilkinson with some of the MOS suits...

Edit: these pics also credited a company named Frontline that did the work for Michael.. And said that they have a Facebook page as well. Not sure if they are working on this Batman suit? But I did read that they are not working on the MOS suit this time around.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:13 PM   #45
BvS117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post

EDIT: ^Why would a low-quality spy photo be airbrushed?
No I don't mean the photos I mean on his actual body.

They did the same thing in 300.

BvS117 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:14 PM   #46
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uroboric Forms View Post
Though I can't find it now, there's a picture of the wardrobe department where you can see several Superman costumes hung up on a clothes rack, making them fall loose. Presenting the suit in a looser, more casual manner would have robbed that scene of its grandiosity.
Found it.. See above..

Old 05-16-2014, 02:28 PM   #47
Krumm
Beer Snob

Quote:
This pic, and the last one I posted above should help clear things up for you..

There are two suits..
One with the silver muscles.. then the blue suit on top..
As in my previous pic, you can see the mannequin matches the Henry form with the sculpture on top of it with the "new" muscles..

If you look for this info, as I have.. You will find some really cool pics and info.
There is/was a lot more work making these suits than I originally thought..
Here is Michael Wilkinson with some of the MOS suits...

Edit: these pics also credited a company named Frontline that did the work for Michael.. And said that they have a Facebook page as well. Not sure if they are working on this Batman suit? But I did read that they are not working on the MOS suit this time around.

cool shot

Krumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:41 PM   #48
Enriquespy
Side-Kick

I heard some one say bats looks fat in the photo...
How does big abs equal fatness???

Bats looks awesome in my book.

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Enriquespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 02:44 PM   #49
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:

Nope.

That is the actual rubber muscle suit that Henry Cavill wore underneath the MOS suit. It's what created the musculature that was seen through the suit, as well as what gave the suit its metallic sheen.

It was designed by Frontline Design, whom actually is not working on BVS.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 03:05 PM   #50
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

So what exactly is this "Gear" that apparently Affleck takes/does/smokes/or whatever?