The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2014, 03:57 PM   #51
Enriquespy
Side-Kick
 
Enriquespy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Queretaro
Posts: 2,327
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Gear is how he calls Pizza.

__________________

"Evening, Commmmmmmmmmmmmmmissionerrrrrrrr"

Enriquespy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 04:01 PM   #52
The Man of HEEL
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 176
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Gear is a street term for Steroids, which I would definitely lean towards him not being on.

The Man of HEEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:37 PM   #53
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,393
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
Yes.. But I was using that particular pic to demonstrate the additional muscles that some insist were not there...
The muscles are designed on a body form in clay.. Then molded..
They recreate the new body "with muscles" to build the blue suits on top I think?And use that same form, but painted, for display.. You can also see the silver paint being rubbed off of the forearms on that mannequin if you look for it..

This is the other pic I was looking for.. From the Superman thread in this section. I am not that good with these devises ..sorry.. Or I would just post links..

Here is a pic that shows the sculpture, and Henry wearing the muscles as well..

This was to mold the suit, the one in the middle of the pic was the one Cavill weared. and those are based on Cavill's muscle structure but more defined.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!


Last edited by John-An; 05-16-2014 at 10:44 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:41 PM   #54
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,393
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Nope.

That is the actual rubber muscle suit that Henry Cavill wore underneath the MOS suit. It's what created the musculature that was seen through the suit, as well as what gave the suit its metallic sheen.

It was designed by Frontline Design, whom actually is not working on BVS.
Nobody said that this thing (the metal one) was worn by Cavill when he was Superman, they were their muscles, they enhanced with some material (he worn maybe the one in the middle of the pic above) that the actor that played Jax-ur said but I'm not sure that he worn that thing. You just need to see the shirtless scene and then the Airport government scene and it's exactly the same body. The metallic look has nothing to do with the sculpture of that mold, it's the effect of lightning and the material of the suit.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!


Last edited by John-An; 05-16-2014 at 10:46 PM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:55 PM   #55
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 364
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
This was to mold the suit, the one in the middle of the pic was the one Cavill weared. and those are based on Cavill's muscle structure but more defined.
To mold the "muscles" .. Which were separate from the suit..
As Spiderfan mentioned as well..

The muscles were molded separately then glued in to place on the spandex ..

In that picture I posted, there is one of the more enhanced muscles.. The sculpture anyhow..
And two of Henry wearing the finished muscle suit with silver muscles.. Foam latex muscles glued to 4-way stretch spandex.. Muscles were then painted silver.

The other pic I posted showed Michael W. With the MOS suits on a hanger next to him.

Mr. Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 10:59 PM   #56
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,393
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
To mold the "muscles" .. Which were separate from the suit..
As Spiderfan mentioned as well..

The muscles were molded separately then glued in to place on the spandex ..

In that picture I posted, there is one of the more enhanced muscles.. The sculpture anyhow..
And two of Henry wearing the finished muscle suit with silver muscles.. Foam latex muscles glued to 4-way stretch spandex.. Muscles were then painted silver.

The other pic I posted showed Michael W. With the MOS suits on a hanger next to him.
Just that they didn't use the metal suit behind, they used the latex sculpted muscles (from cavill) that improved his body as more defined though.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:11 PM   #57
lujho
Side-Kick
 
lujho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,694
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Just that they didn't use the metal suit behind, they used the latex sculpted muscles (from cavill) that improved his body as more defined though.
The "metal suit" IS the latex sculpted muscles. It's not really metal! Just painted.

lujho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #58
lujho
Side-Kick
 
lujho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Adelaide, Australia
Posts: 4,694
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Is there a video or something these behind the scenes pics from the making of the MOS suit are from?

lujho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:12 PM   #59
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,848
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

I think in this case it's going to be more Affleck trying to mold his own body to try and match up to the suit as opposed to the suit being based on his own muscle structure.

I've brought this up in the suit thread but i'm not quite sure if they're implying the suit is actually displaying his muscles build or more like the batman '89 suit and serves mainly as armor designed to make him look more imposing?

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:23 PM   #60
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 364
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Just that they didn't use the metal suit behind, they used the latex sculpted muscles (from cavill) that improved his body as more defined though.
The muscles are not from Henry's body.. His body is simply used for the cores in the molding process.
Like prosthetic appliances..
I believe, the artist that was involved with this work was named Joey Orosco..
The muscles are a new artistic interpretation and changed from Henry's natural look..
Exaggerated with creative license by the team and artists..
If you look at the abs, you will see that they are indeed different looking than Henry's natural anatomy..

And yes.. The metal "looking" foam latex was worn under the second layer.. The blue textured Lycra MoS suit..
Two layers.. Silver painted foam's color showing through the wholes in the blue mesh suit on top...
Very clever..

Mr. Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:25 PM   #61
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 364
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
Is there a video or something these behind the scenes pics from the making of the MOS suit are from?
Look up FrontLine Design Inc..
Spiderfan lead me to them.. And they have worked on some really cool stuff..
They are on Facebook as well..

Mr. Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 11:42 PM   #62
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,393
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
The "metal suit" IS the latex sculpted muscles. It's not really metal! Just painted.
Really? well I guess its a really good job cause it looks almost like that. However none of those were used IMO. I think the final design was not so detailed as this shown. I think those are just first attempts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
The muscles are not from Henry's body.. His body is simply used for the cores in the molding process.
Like prosthetic appliances..
I believe, the artist that was involved with this work was named Joey Orosco..
The muscles are a new artistic interpretation and changed from Henry's natural look..
Exaggerated with creative license by the team and artists..
If you look at the abs, you will see that they are indeed different looking than Henry's natural anatomy..

And yes.. The metal "looking" foam latex was worn under the second layer.. The blue textured Lycra MoS suit..
Two layers.. Silver painted foam's color showing through the wholes in the blue mesh suit on top...
Very clever..
You have to take in consideration that neither of the three that showed Wilkinson was the final design that Cavill used. Just primal designs. Cause you know neither in the film he look like that. And IMO they didn't look exaggerated, it was a improvement but always Cavill looked comfortable and when he flexed with the suit the suit didn't look weird, thing that they nailed it.
With Cavill's final look and the MOS suit is not a big difference, there's improvement but not as high as some said.
And to make it clear I thought we were talking about the statue materials. that's different from the other Wilkinson showed. I see the difference now.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!


Last edited by John-An; 05-17-2014 at 12:12 AM.
John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:08 AM   #63
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Guys,,,,,can we talk about Batman's Physique?

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:24 AM   #64
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 364
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
Guys,,,,,can we talk about Batman's Physique?
Sure Matt.. Go ahead.. What do you think?

I was looking in to it due to the fact that Michael is the costume designer on this one..
Looking in to how he went about the fabric suit for MOS..

And thinking about Ben's suit.. Which I like..
And I was wondering, if there is a similar treatment to the Batsuit?
Black muscle suit.. Grey woven Lycra on top..
And if the colors would shift in the light..
More about the suits.. Wrong thread?
Perhaps.. I apologize..

Batman's physique looks great.. Your turn..

Mr. Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:35 AM   #65
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
Sure Matt.. Go ahead.. What do you think?

I was looking in to it due to the fact that Michael is the costume designer on this one..
Looking in to how he went about the fabric suit for MOS..

And thinking about Ben's suit.. Which I like..
And I was wondering, if there is a similar treatment to the Batsuit?
Black muscle suit.. Grey woven Lycra on top..
And if the colors would shift in the light..
More about the suits.. Wrong thread?
Perhaps.. I apologize..

Batman's physique looks great.. Your turn..
Wow, I'm all for talking about if Ben's suit is like it but I just thought the discussion of "if it's really Henry's body or not" could go to...the Henry Cavill thread, that's all.
But yeah, I think they will do the same treatment to the Batsuit. It just makes sense considering how well it worked in MoS and the fact that it's the same Costume Designer.
There is no way that there isn't some form of "muscle suit" for BatFleck but I don't think that it is adding as much as people are making it out to be. BatFleck has done really well from what little he has shown us of his physique other than his legs.
Which, I don't really have a big problem with in terms of looks but in terms of doing action scenes and stuff. If you watch interviews with Henry about why working out was important was because of how much it helped in the action scene.
All that may not matter though if Ben just gets a double lol..

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:52 AM   #66
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 364
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

To me?
Ben looks as if he has had a lot of help in the upper chest, shoulders, Triceps, biceps, and the abs.. So, pretty much in all areas that are visible so far.
All in a good way

Mr. Finger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 01:06 AM   #67
anonomissx
Testy chick from Vegas
 
anonomissx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: Las Vegas, NV
Posts: 306
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Isn't this all inappropriate? After all, it's the actor, we shouldn't get into it over their bodies? Heaven forbid, what if there was a Wonder Woman physique thread?


anonomissx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 02:02 AM   #68
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!
 
Lencho01's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 15,354
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enriquespy View Post
Gear is how he calls Pizza.
I'm just going to pretend that Affleck has a gut like Crowe did, but due to pizza. That's why his suit is so big/puffy.

__________________
I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:59 AM   #69
matt47
Side-Kick
 
matt47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Queensland, Australia
Posts: 1,754
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
To me?
Ben looks as if he has had a lot of help in the upper chest, shoulders, Triceps, biceps, and the abs.. So, pretty much in all areas that are visible so far.
All in a good way
The only places I see that got a lot of help were the delts and abs. The triceps look better because of the delts but if you look at recent pics of Ben you can see his triceps and biceps are nearly identical. With the abs, we don't really know yet considering we haven't seen Ben's abs. I also feel the upper chest looks bigger because of the protruding bat symbol.

matt47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 12:10 PM   #70
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,393
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
Sure Matt.. Go ahead.. What do you think?

I was looking in to it due to the fact that Michael is the costume designer on this one..
Looking in to how he went about the fabric suit for MOS..

And thinking about Ben's suit.. Which I like..
And I was wondering, if there is a similar treatment to the Batsuit?
Black muscle suit.. Grey woven Lycra on top..
And if the colors would shift in the light..
More about the suits.. Wrong thread?
Perhaps.. I apologize..

Batman's physique looks great.. Your turn..
I think the suit will look different in day but he is not gonna have the same effect as the superman suit, just because he has the cloth effect and the batsuit is designed to look as a creature of the night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
The only places I see that got a lot of help were the delts and abs. The triceps look better because of the delts but if you look at recent pics of Ben you can see his triceps and biceps are nearly identical. With the abs, we don't really know yet considering we haven't seen Ben's abs. I also feel the upper chest looks bigger because of the protruding bat symbol.
Also he looks bigger in the chest cause the pose he has. We need to see him in another pose and angle to judge that part.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:30 PM   #71
hafizbat
Side-Kick
 
hafizbat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 2,557
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

They've definitely gone with a more "strongman" body type for Batfleck. Which is fitting as it provides a contrast to the more heroic, herculean physique of Superman, while also being accurate to his portrayal in TDKR.

The large, blocky abs give it away. They are "power lifter" abs, and they exude strength over aesthetics.




hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 04:56 PM   #72
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow
 
John-An's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Metropolis
Posts: 8,393
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

I think the first pic you showed is really what they're going to adapt.

__________________
Ice water: Superman's new kryptonite
"Krypton bred me... but it was Earth that gave me all I am." - Superman
I Like Marvel, Love DC, but what I love the most is ˇDIVERSITY!

John-An is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:00 PM   #73
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic
 
KillerMcQueen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,951
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
I think the first pic you showed is really what they're going to adapt.
That first pic is pretty much dead on with what we see in that suit. Bats is built like a friggin tank.

__________________
"O' Captain, my Captain"
KillerMcQueen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:09 PM   #74
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick
 
lukebrodyg's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 452
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Batman's physique based on the bat suit reveal is on point without question.

That said, I've seen ZERO photos of Affleck since he's been cast (and I'm talking about some posted as recently as yesterday) that indicate he's matched what the bat suit is clearly doing for him.

I believe Affleck is working out, but I haven't seen any impressive images of him. He's a big guy but not fitness big. Just don't see it. No real shape, just soft , average mass. About like the regularly attending dude at your local gym. I blame this in part to his age, his commitment to training and his trainer; which simply means it's not Gym Jones whose clearly been involved with every Snyder film where aesthetic played a role.

lukebrodyg is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:15 PM   #75
BvS117
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 200
Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post
Batman's physique based on the bat suit reveal is on point without question.

That said, I've seen ZERO photos of Affleck since he's been cast (and I'm talking about some posted as recently as yesterday) that indicate he's matched what the bat suit is clearly doing for him.

I believe Affleck is working out, but I haven't seen any impressive images of him. He's a big guy but not fitness big. Just don't see it. No real shape, just soft , average mass. About like the regularly attending dude at your local gym. I blame this in part to his age, his commitment to training and his trainer; which simply means it's not Gym Jones whose clearly been involved with every Snyder film where aesthetic played a role.
I think you can also pin this on the fact that he was filming Gone Girl until December too.


Last edited by BvS117; 05-17-2014 at 05:20 PM.
BvS117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:19 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.