The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Old 05-18-2014, 05:40 PM   #101
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Default Re: Batman Physique Thread - Part 1

Dunno if these pics have been posted before but saw these two pictures on the Gym Jones website today. Thought I'd share.

The second picture is insanely impressive.

Old 05-18-2014, 06:00 PM   #102
BvS117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Dunno if these pics have been posted before but saw these two pictures on the Gym Jones website today. Thought I'd share.

This pictures are cool and all, but is this the right thread to post these in?

BvS117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:03 PM   #103
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

It functions pretty much like a Batman Vs Superman physique thread honestly. There's obviously not been 1000 posts worth of discussion of Batman's physique which we haven't even seen yet. So probably half of it was devoted to Superman anyways.

Old 05-18-2014, 07:48 PM   #104
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

Quote:

"Insanely impressive" is a bit of an overstatement, IMO. His back development is very good, but it's not "insane" in any way. A well-defined back is not as difficult to achieve as other body parts, and most serious lifters will have a back more developed than this. Also, Bale in Begins had just as "insane" back development.

hafizbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:52 PM   #105
BvS117
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
"Insanely impressive" is a bit of an overstatement, IMO. His back development is very good, but it's not "insane" in any way. A well-defined back is not as difficult to achieve as other body parts, and most serious lifters will have a back more developed than this. Also, Bale in Begins had just as "insane" back development.
To be fair I'm pretty sure this is well before MoS started filming

BvS117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 07:53 PM   #106
lc23
Fan of Steel

Compared to Affleck and his gut, it is impressive.

lc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:01 PM   #107
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

Yea Cavill appears lighter there than he was in MOS...not as bulky, but very well defined.

Superherofan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:34 AM   #108
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or am I seeing a bit of a gut there?
That makes two of us! I already said in my post with these pictures that he seems to have a bit of a belly going on. And that is visible in all the images (see my quoted post below). But the consensus seems to be that it is an outstanding transformation.

Quote:
I know people have been raving about his outstanding physical transformation for the role of Batman but looking at the images below, he looks ok to but certainly nothing outstanding. He even seems to be having bit of a belly going on, a far cry from the big abs on his suit. Though I guess he still has time.

Sorry if these images have been posted before, saw them just now online somewhere.

May 16th (2 days ago)
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

May 13 ( 5 days ago)

Old 05-19-2014, 05:14 AM   #109
D.P.
Banned User

Yea, he's not looking that great. I defended him at first and thought he was bulking and cutting like other people have also stated, but when does the cutting come into play?

D.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:27 AM   #110
titansupes
Side-Kick

I'm with Slumcat on this. The last few weeks, especially after the suit reveal and the first round of blue t-shirt pics, everone was running around saying "Whoa, he's HUGE". He looks big... for an average middle-aged guy. It was the Batsuit and the first round of blue t-shirt pics happen to be flattering. It isn't a Cavill/Jackman style transformation at all. But if I said that, I'd be called a "hater", when I'm far from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P. View Post
Yea, he's not looking that great. I defended him at first and thought he was bulking and cutting like other people have also stated, but when does the cutting come into play?
I guess when/if he gets a shirtless scene, which could be towrd the middle or end of this very long seven month shoot, he'll start cutting in the weeks leading up to that. In the meantime, he's got Dat Batsuit, which he looks phenomenal in. There's still plenty of time (though yeah, it feels like we've been saying that for a while).

titansupes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 05:55 AM   #111
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

I don't know, unless you see him with his top off, i wouldn't be too judgemental, baggy clothes, certain angles can make anyone seem like they have a gut.

Regardless, none of it matters anyway, that's what movie magic is for, giving you the right light, and the right angle...Affleck is going to look huge in and out of the suit, going by the suit picture. Who cares how buff he is in real life?

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/4-Batman Begins/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Guardians of the Galaxy/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:14 AM   #112
DKDetective
Commander RNVR

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
I don't know, unless you see him with his top off, i wouldn't be too judgemental, baggy clothes, certain angles can make anyone seem like they have a gut.

Regardless, none of it matters anyway, that's what movie magic is for, giving you the right light, and the right angle...Affleck is going to look huge in and out of the suit, going by the suit picture. Who cares how buff he is in real life?
Well, real life buffness has an effect on how he looks in the obligatory shirtless scene. It's not just the alleged gut, but the lack of arms, shoulders and legs. Lighting and angles only flatter what is already there. I think that is why it matters kinda.

In terms of performance, being very fit adds something to the way a person moves and holds him or herself. Granted, a great actor can overcome that, but it is a very useful asset.

DKDetective is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:35 AM   #113
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

How did he go from this...

...to this...

I mean I know images are just a moment captured, but this looks like pictures that were weeks apart. Maybe he was sucking in a bit in the first photo above. But as we've said, he's got a great suit to "hold it all in" and also he has time before any possible shirtless scene as well. Who knows what Snyder has planned.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat

Last edited by BatFan1979; 05-19-2014 at 11:47 AM.
BatFan1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:41 AM   #114
StraightSix
Side-Kick

Unless he has a shirtless scene, who really cares how big he looks?

So many other things that are more important than how big his biceps and chest look.

StraightSix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:49 AM   #115
bluerayer
MCU

Im guessing that if there's a Batcave scene there will be a shirtless scene.

bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:50 AM   #116
Astro13Zombie
Oh,I'm not gonna kill you

He'll look good on screen I'm certain of it.
There's really no point it worrying over how he looks in some candid photographs.

Astro13Zombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:52 AM   #117
bluerayer
MCU

Im positive that Ben will look good. He's been training(and will do continue to do so)hard and it shows.

bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:57 AM   #118
Superman_200
Superman

Is anyone really expecting that today, in this day and age, an actor playing a superhero will have a shirtless scene where he/she will not look good? That doesn't happen anymore, that does not even happen in movies where the character isn't even doing anything heroic. There are very few Hollywood movies where an actor takes off their shirt needlessly and shows off a soft/flabby body.

Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 11:58 AM   #119
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
How did he go from this...

...to this...

I mean I know images are just a moment captured, but this looks like pictures that was weeks apart. Maybe he was sucking in a bit in the first photo above. But as we've said, he's got a great suit to "hold it all in" and also he has time before any possible shirtless scene as well. Who knows what Snyder has planned.
He was sucking in his stomach. It's not like it's a huge difference. He still has time to get into even better shape. I'm sure he'll be fine when and if the time for his shirtless scenes comes. I think people are reacting so defensively due to their own unrealistic expectations. The man's 41 years old, it's ridiculous to expect him to have the same level of physique as a man a decade younger and in a much shorter training period on top of that. He's not actually Batman, he's only playing the character. Sheesh.

lc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:09 PM   #120
king666
(‿)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or am I seeing a bit of a gut there?
look at those abs man

maybe he's going for the "bulk and cut" thing. lots of stuff to cut, though.

king666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:39 PM   #121
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman_200 View Post
Is anyone really expecting that today, in this day and age, an actor playing a superhero will have a shirtless scene where he/she will not look good? That doesn't happen anymore, that does not even happen in movies where the character isn't even doing anything heroic. There are very few Hollywood movies where an actor takes off their shirt needlessly and shows off a soft/flabby body.
Its not entirely unlikely. Everyone says that Bale's form in TDK and TDKR was a huge steo down from what he achieved in BB.

And in the recent 300: Rise Of An Empire, the male lead was strictly okay and nowhere close to the standard set by Gerard Butler who led the last one.

Even Hardy in TDKR, there is the perception that it was some sort of outstanding physique I thought looked absolutely weird. And this was after taking steroids.

So its rare for actors to not deliver physically but does happen.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:40 PM   #122
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:

Not looking MOS big but certainly in shape.

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:46 PM   #123
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its not entirely unlikely. Everyone says that Bale's form in TDK and TDKR was a huge steo down from what he achieved in BB.

And in the recent 300: Rise Of An Empire, the male lead was strictly okay and nowhere close to the standard set by Gerard Butler who led the last one.

Even Hardy in TDKR, there is the perception that it was some sort of outstanding physique I thought looked absolutely weird. And this was after taking steroids.

From a performance standpoint, Hardy was intimidating.

From a physically imposing/physique standpoint, not at all. But neither was Bale.

lukebrodyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:48 PM   #124
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post

From a physically imposing/physique standpoint, not at all. But neither was Bale.
From a performance standpoint, I think Hardy was a fail. Along with Marion Cotillard.

Old 05-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #125
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:

It is rare, while it may happen but the actor in 300: Rise of an Empire while not as ripped as Butler was okay, and that was all that was necessary anyway for the part. He did not look bad. Tom Hardy as Bane was covered for the most part and looked muscular, bulky and strong. That is all he needed to be really for this part, just a bulky strong looking man. If they wanted Bane to look more ripped, he would have looked more like how he looked in Warrior, and if he had a shirtless scene he would have been made to looked better.

If they wanted the lead in the new 300 to have a more ripped looked they would have lit it differently and used make up, etc. If they want Affleck to look good, he'll get a pump before the scene, light it correctly, use CGI, make up, oil, etc. and use whatever else they need to do to make him look how they want him to look or just not have a shirtless scene. If there is one, and he will not have time to get how they want him to look, and decide they just have to have it, then they will use all they can to make him look right. In a movie like this where the suit makes it look like he is so muscular, they won't have him look bad. People would just say "hey those muscles on the suit are fake", people are dumb enough, they may think those are real muscles.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post

I don't think being ripped makes someone look physically imposing. I think the bigger and stronger you look that is more imposing. He looked like a brick house, not ripped but big and strong. He looked like a strongman. In terms of being strong and imposing, he isn't far off from this strongman:

Last edited by Superman_200; 05-19-2014 at 01:01 PM.
Superman_200 is offline   Reply With Quote