The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 05-23-2014, 11:13 PM   #1
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse) th

The one and only world's most powerful mutant. Discuss his glory.

Last edited by terry78; 05-23-2014 at 11:26 PM.
terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:22 PM   #2
ares834
Side-Kick

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

Thought they made him a chick in the post credits scene for a few seconds after the showed his face.

Loved his cloak though. And his display of power put even the Phoenix to shame.

Anyway, I'm really curious to see how he will look when he is older. I wouldn't be surprised if they make him less massive than the comic version so as to further distance him from Thanos.

ares834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:08 AM   #3
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

He didn't look like a chick to me, it was probably the make-up, that made the illusion.

Anyway, introducing Apocalypse would be really interesting and I think it might be a big challenge for them to really get it right.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:02 AM   #4
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

I have faith that Singer and company will get Apocalypse right. This franchise needs a new villain, and Apocalypse is the logical choice. Knowing that creating him properly is important for the future of the franchise, there's no way they're not going to throw all their creative juices into making him an ultimate bad-ass!

Old 05-24-2014, 05:36 AM   #5
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

I hope he doesn't turn into one of those "just throw Logan at him" kinda villain. If anything, I want all of the X-Men to work in unison to take him down.

Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:35 AM   #6
kasjan
Side-Kick

Always Ra in Stargate was reminiscent to young En Sabah Nur for me, he looked like girl too (long hair), and was so much powerfull.
Apocalypse vs Ultron

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 09:04 AM   #7
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

En Sabah Nur!
En Sabah Nur!
En Sabah Nur!

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:42 PM   #8
Mars123
Side-Kick

I think apocalypse is a big enough villain to last a few films, heck might make magneto and prof x to work together again

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:34 PM   #9
MarvelU
Side-Kick

The ending credit scene was awesome, he didn't look like a chick to me, just a young kid with gray/blue skin and blue lips. Also his power display was awesome.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #10
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I want a scene like this in the film.

Old 05-24-2014, 01:48 PM   #11
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

All these comments I'm hearing about him looking like a girl don't really make sense to me. I didn't for a second think that when I saw the scene. Apocalypse in the comics was shown to be a skinny kid in the beginning (5000 years ago). I thought the representation was spot on.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:15 PM   #12
ToilesHeroiques
Side-Kick

Where was Apocalypse during the events of Days of Future Past? I think it's an important question...

ToilesHeroiques is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #13
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToilesHeroiques View Post
Where was Apocalypse during the events of Days of Future Past? I think it's an important question...
In his tomb?

Old 05-24-2014, 04:36 PM   #14
SuperJediHero
Banned User

I thought it was a girl too! Saoirse Ronan

SuperJediHero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 04:40 PM   #15
The Endless
WE are Groot

Wait, they actually showed Apocalypse?! Awesome. Is there a shot of him on the web somewhere?

What was his display of power?

Old 05-24-2014, 04:41 PM   #16
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Endless View Post
Wait, they actually showed Apocalypse?! Awesome. Is there a shot of him on the web somewhere?

What was his display of power?
youtube it just type in Days of Future Past after credit scene.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #17
The Endless
WE are Groot

Cool! Thanks

Old 05-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #18
Dasher10
Side-Kick

When it comes to adult Apocalypse, he needs to be absolutely jacked. If he's not built like a linebacker, then Fox got him wrong.

Dasher10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:20 PM   #19
The Endless
WE are Groot

I don't think he necessarily has to be jacked. His power doesn't come from his muscles. And you need a decent actor for the role, not a ****ing body builder.

But he should be physically imposing. Over 6 foot tall at least.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #20
Sithborg
Side-Kick

Definitely a good start on his look. Love the Egyptian robe. I do think they need to give him his facial marks. The mouth marks don't have to be comic accurate, but there definitely needs to be something more than grey skin with blue lips.

As for the actor, is the body type that important? He is a shapeshifter, so CGI will be needed sometime. Personally, as long as the voice is deep, I should be fine.

Sithborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:42 PM   #21
kasjan
Side-Kick

Tony Todd (6'5") in big shoes is enough for me too play old Apocalypse, that voice.

It's sure Apocalypse was recovering during all those years 1944-2023, as I remember good he needs 100 years for each recovery in tomb.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:30 PM   #22
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I love this it's awesome.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:36 PM   #23
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

I liked the teaser and the display of what he was accomplishing as it sets a very big precedent regarding his personality. I swear back in the day it would've been no one but James Earl Jones in his prime for this role.

terry78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 12:40 AM   #24
Loki882
Side-Kick

Keith David.

Loki882 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 01:02 AM   #25
Serpico Jones
Side-Kick

He'll probably be motion captured like Ultron.

Serpico Jones is online now   Reply With Quote