The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: ¿What did you think of the Batsuit?
Love it!! Best Batsuit so far, even if we haven't seen it in color. 157 65.97%
It's good, need to see more to jude it. 63 26.47%
Meh. 16 6.72%
Don't like it. 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2014, 06:59 PM   #26
Thot
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 812
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Though we can't see the suit in its entirety, what we can see is pretty damned sweet. I'm glad Snyder decided to go back to a more organic, muscularized look. Batman looks tough as nails here and jacked to the hilt. A more comics-to-film look ala Batman '89 and Forever's panther suit. Not crazy about the shorter ears though. Makes him look less menacing. The chest emblem is an odd design. May take time to get used to. Nice to see it more prominently displayed. TDK suits hardly had a bat-symbol to speak of. Overall, very good and MUCH better than any of the Nolan suits.

Thot is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:01 PM   #27
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,489
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Par Avion View Post
-Okay, so tradition/source accuracy is okay in one case of validating aesthetics, but not in another because...? Robin must maintain all impracticalities because tradition... but Batman cannot maintain a tradition that has never proven impractical in any way because...it's suddenly "impractical" according to you. Got it.
-A dark belt IS more tactically advantageous in the real world. Correct. Two issues- no one is arguing for a "bright yellow" belt (as you seem oft to do. In fact this seems like a strawman more than anything...) and Batman does not exist in the real world (he exists in a world where he has used a "yellow" belt or some subdued variation for his entire career without issue)- therefore nullifying this argument.
-Perhaps when one repeats their point several times over (very clearly and succinctly-in this instance the case for artistic conceit over real world practicality in a fantasy world) for it to be ignored every time, things have run their course...
^On just these three points
I did say the robin tradition validates a traditional adaptation and changing that would perhaps prove disadvantageous for the film producers in other ways. However I never said that would invalidate a criticism on the observed impracticality. I would actually expect nolan to take on this particular challenge in just such a way if presented, and if he did I would probably be one to appreciate the change. The thing about the Batman character himself is that there are no stringent traditions to combat, as far as the belt is concerned anyways. Not only has he had both interpretations but he's had plenty of both..

Never meant to imply you said the belt was 'bright yellow'. I said you are arguing that it doesn't matter if it's bright yellow cause the mythology is not supposed to be grounded in the first place. You even went so far as to assert that things like radios in ear horns and such was simply a desperate reach for validation. You seem to be of the mind that because the tradition is based in what you feel is fantasy, that there is no need for any such improvements towards practicality. I know full well you said 'gold' and not bright yellow, but Burtons belt from the previous films was bright yellow, and that's what I'm arguing this an improvement on. Further, you're the same person that says robins yellow cape isn't worth combating in this regard, thus I'm holding your argument to the logic it defends. Very different from claiming I said the yellow belt is batman's weakest...etc when what I actually argued was black was an improvement on yellow.

I personally feel as you supposedly do. I've made the same points over and over, I feel they've been ignored and all that good stuff. Doesn't mean I have to resort to personal insults. Not the way I prefer to go about engaging discussion.

Lastly
The dark belt is more tactically advantageous? Great, that's all you needed to say. Seems we are all in agreement. This entire point at it's root was on improvement in that regard and said appreciation. Anything can work, certain things are more likely to. Seals can do all their work in red and orange suits if they really try, or in a fiction of my making, doesn't mean black isn't worth appreciating more given the premise of seal work. That's why I bring up the 97 car; You can argue for such a thing and batman being of a fantasy tradition and not ever being proven to be a hindrance and all that, but someone seeing an improvement as per the premise is entitled to say so without being called a hypocrite which is what I interpreted you as doing to said poster.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.

Last edited by Marvin; 05-15-2014 at 07:25 PM.
Marvin is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:19 PM   #28
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,838
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

I'm sort of wondering if the suit is actually supposed be skin-tight? or more like batman '89 and more like molded muscle armor?

I know this universe is less grounded but I find it hard to believe this batman will do battle in an outfit that is actually tight/thin enough to outline his abs?

Bruce Malone is online now  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:30 PM   #29
Saint
The Devil's Robot
 
Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 12,772
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

It's easy to forget about my issues with the ridiculous muscle suit when the suit does almost everything I asked for.

My misgivings aside, it's hard to argue with a suit that looks like Batman for once.

Saint is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:32 PM   #30
Pre 52 Batman
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 50
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

You guys are arguing that he is too muscular? Am I missing something? What the heck?

Pre 52 Batman is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:38 PM   #31
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,838
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

If you're referring to my comment, it's more like what do the creators expect us to think when we see the suit? Are we supposed to believe like the MoS suit that that's supposed to be all ben/bruce wayne or more like the Burton batfilms and understand it's more like molded armor.

Take the captain america suit for example:



It's obvious it's not skin-tight thin but something studier but the man of steel suit of course gives off the oposite vibe:

.

I just assumed for Batman we'd get a suit more in line with Cap's as Batman isn't invulnerable like superman.

I just think it's a bit silly to assume batman would not go for a sturdier outfit I think?

Bruce Malone is online now  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #32
Vaibow
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 369
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pre 52 Batman View Post
You guys are arguing that he is too muscular? Am I missing something? What the heck?
Yup - but it's hard to tell - i just look at that Bruce is wearing a thick under armour - all straps and kevlar plates covering each section with a think 'vest' on top to give the appearance on muscle.

Maybe bruce even designed the armour to look like an exo skeleton type thing to enhance the fear when criminals see him.

Vaibow is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:39 PM   #33
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick
 
The Boy Scout's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 5,171
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

I think it's supposed to be obvious that he's wearing armor under the suit.

The Boy Scout is online now  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #34
TheBat812
Side-Kick
 
TheBat812's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 6,042
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

I think he's definitely wearing armor, but it's purpose is to make it seem as though he isn't - like b89 the point is to make him feel like more than human.

__________________
"No great genius has ever existed without some touch of madness." - Aristotle
TheBat812 is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:47 PM   #35
Marvin
Side-Kick
 
Marvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Toronto
Posts: 16,489
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
I just assumed for Batman we'd get a suit more in line with Cap's as Batman isn't invulnerable like superman.

I just think it's a bit silly to assume batman would not go for a sturdier outfit I think?
MCU draws alot of it's aesthetic from the more modern books and or ultimate line. With Cap, especially in the pants, it's very much ultimate and that sort of thing.

With superman in the 52 comics, it's very much a form fitting yet armored suit. Same with pretty much all the 52 big seven I would imagine. Again, you can see it in the legs.
Batman's gloves probably paint the most vivid picture. A mix between obvious armor and articulated aesthetic.

__________________
1992's Universal soldier is my favorite Wolverine vs Sabretooth movie.
Marvin is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #36
The Shield
It's really Happening!
 
The Shield's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Texas
Posts: 2,941
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
are we gonna see Supes and Bats big guns doing this?

This is one of my Most favorite scenes Ever! This one scene is singularly responsible for my love of the gym and obsession with my physique.

__________________
Faced with the choice between changing one's mind and proving that there is no need to do so, almost everyone gets busy on the proof. ~John Kenneth Galbraith

All change is not growth, as all movement is not forward. ~Ellen Glasgow

The Shield is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:14 PM   #37
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBat812 View Post
I think he's definitely wearing armor, but it's purpose is to make it seem as though he isn't - like b89 the point is to make him feel like more than human.
I think Batman wants to look human..but only up close. I think it's scary knowing that a mysterious creature is just a person decked out with relatively thin armor.

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #38
Chip Chipperson
Dr. Pavel I'm CIA
 
Chip Chipperson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Posts: 1,893
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Some people are saying that the suit isn't grey because the logo is the same color as the suit in the pic snyder took.

Can anyone reassure that the suit is grey and the logo is black?

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travesty View Post
I'm glad some of you were happy with your Bruce Wayne trilogy, but I'm hoping we get some Batman this time around.
BELIEVE IN THE FLECK.
Chip Chipperson is online now  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #39
MrsKent26
Whatever.
 
MrsKent26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Fortress of Solitude
Posts: 10,394
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

^ Kevin Smith did refer to the logo as black in a tweet.

__________________
"Somewhere in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down…" - Grant Morrison.

*
\S/T*
MrsKent26 is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:21 PM   #40
BvS117
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 198
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Some people are saying that the suit isn't grey because the logo is the same color as the suit in the pic snyder took.

Can anyone reassure that the suit is grey and the logo is black?
I'm almost positive the suit is going to be a very dark grey. The logo looks like it might be the same color though.

BvS117 is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #41
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,180
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Im sure the logo will be black against a dark grey suit. I don't see the point In having a grey bat.

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:26 PM   #42
Reiter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 827
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlamingCoco View Post
I think Batman wants to look human..but only up close. I think it's scary knowing that a mysterious creature is just a person decked out with relatively thin armor.
This is why Nolan's batman stopped being intimidating and would never work in a JL movie. You can tell it's a dude under all those "kevlar" pads, praying he wont get shot.

Both in Begins and Affleck here look effortless, elemental, like they are animals.

Reiter is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:28 PM   #43
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 7,877
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

No lie, even though the new suits a lot better, I instantly thought of Begins when I saw the suit reveal.

TheFlamingCoco is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:36 PM   #44
Reiter
Banned User
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 827
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
It's easy to forget about my issues with the ridiculous muscle suit when the suit does almost everything I asked for.

My misgivings aside, it's hard to argue with a suit that looks like Batman for once.
It's such a massive step in the right direction that i'm thinking that any problems we might have with it, they will hopefully fix in the next movies. But we're already 99% there.

For example rumor has it Superman is getting a bigger belt thingy because he looked naked without a proper one in MoS.

Reiter is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:39 PM   #45
SuperWig
Side-Kick
 
SuperWig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 314
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Did we forget that we're getting Supes and Batman in a movie for the first time.

__________________
I'm always around.....yea that line never caught on.
SuperWig is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:41 PM   #46
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.
 
SpideyFan866's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Some place, Some Where, Next Door
Posts: 15,852
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
I think it's supposed to be obvious that he's wearing armor under the suit.
This. And the armor is shaped like muscle (a more exaggerated version of his own).

I actually think it works well. Really ups the "Bat creature" vibe the suit was created to give off.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chip Chipperson View Post
Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
SpideyFan866 is online now  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:48 PM   #47
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction
 
Gamma Goliath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Texas
Posts: 6,180
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Especially with that texture looking like muscle fibers imo

__________________
"It's the possibility of a dream coming true that makes life interesting."
Gamma Goliath is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:53 PM   #48
fanboiii
disciple of truth
 
fanboiii's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: NJ
Posts: 3,883
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Gray = light black

__________________
DC Rises
fanboiii is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:54 PM   #49
SuperWig
Side-Kick
 
SuperWig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: PA
Posts: 314
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

I can definitely see it looking like muscle fibers. It looks so badass. Best suit so far, and its not even in color.

__________________
I'm always around.....yea that line never caught on.
SuperWig is offline  
Old 05-15-2014, 08:57 PM   #50
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick
 
Bruce Malone's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Stay out of my territory
Posts: 5,838
Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
This. And the armor is shaped like muscle (a more exaggerated version of his own).

I actually think it works well. Really ups the "Bat creature" vibe the suit was created to give off.
I hope they sort of go into to detail with that.

I really liked how in-depth the Nolan films went into describing both suits he wore.

Bruce Malone is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.