The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: ¿What did you think of the Batsuit?
Love it!! Best Batsuit so far, even if we haven't seen it in color. 157 65.97%
It's good, need to see more to jude it. 63 26.47%
Meh. 16 6.72%
Don't like it. 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-15-2014, 11:29 PM   #76
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
You know, there is a scene in Bat'89 where a couple of goons point out to the audience that Batman wears body armor, right? So... It was explained.
"Looks like some kinda bawdy armor."

"Check his wallet"

Old 05-15-2014, 11:38 PM   #77
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

+1 for the dose Gotham goon accents.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-16-2014, 12:06 AM   #78
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
"Looks like some kinda bawdy armor. He's yuman after all"

"Check his wallet"
Love it

Romans 8:38-39
Old 05-16-2014, 12:13 AM   #79
DigificWriter
Side-Kick

It's hard to tell what color the suit is in relation to the logo because the entire photo is black-and-white.

Quote:
"Despair is for people who know beyond any doubt what the future is going to be. Nobody's in that position. So despair is not only a kind of sin - theologically - it's also a simple mistake, because nobody actually knows." - Dr. Patrick Curry
Old 05-16-2014, 12:54 AM   #80
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
You know, there is a scene in Bat'89 where a couple of goons point out to the audience that Batman wears body armor, right? So... It was explained.
Yep.. I suppose that I was just thinking about the impact of the opening scene on the roof top..

I tried to forget the scenes where the characters state the obvious so that the people that do not think while watching a movie keep up... or don't get annoyed..

These are the same guys that just watched the Batman drop in to a museum.. Speak to the woman right in front of them.. "Hold on".. Then chase him around town..

With quality dialogue from Warren Skaaren.. Who only got to play with the script once every one got over to London..
"Hey look no blood"..
"Who is it? Check his wallet"..
"Hey what is that.. Some kind of body armor?"

We were ok to this point.. But after all of this..

"I guess he's human after all?"

Dick friggin' Tracy ...

Old 05-16-2014, 01:05 AM   #81
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

"Hey, look, this Batman guy's a thief too... Looks like he stole Bruce Wayne's wallet and all his IDs and credit cards!!"

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-16-2014, 01:28 AM   #82
InJustice
Side-Kick

I will laugh so hard if the suit turns out to be black on black. The meltdown here is going to be hilarious.

Old 05-16-2014, 01:49 AM   #83
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
I will laugh so hard if the suit turns out to be black on black. The meltdown here is going to be hilarious.
Do you consider grey and black to be the same colors?
If not?
You may end finding something else to make you laugh...
Though the pic has no color?
Values are identifiable... The body suit will not be black if they use the same one as in that released pic...
Sorry...

Old 05-16-2014, 02:05 AM   #84
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
"Hey, look, this Batman guy's a thief too... Looks like he stole Bruce Wayne's wallet and all his IDs and credit cards!!"
"And his chin!"

Old 05-16-2014, 02:18 AM   #85
RAE072
Samhain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
"Looks like some kinda bawdy armor."

"Check his wallet"
He said body armor?!

I've ALWAYS thought he said "some kinda buddy on 'im. He's human after all." and I thought "buddy" was like slang for a bulletproof vest or something.

I know that entire movie by heart and I've been saying that line wrong my whole life.

Jesus.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:49 AM   #86
matt47
Side-Kick

Don't you hate when that happens. Go through your whole life saying something then one person goes, "Uh dude that ain't right..)

Old 05-16-2014, 02:49 AM   #87
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

When I first saw the suit....I thought of this.

Old 05-16-2014, 02:58 AM   #88
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

One of the best scenes in Begins. We talk about Snyder's visual mastery all the time, but Nolan had his fair share of WOW moments for sure.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:16 AM   #89
ArmsHeldOut
Voice of Reason

Indeed.

Another fine example:

Old 05-16-2014, 03:19 AM   #90
regwec
Shakespearo

On the symbol/suit contrast: it is hard to tell, given the lighting in the shot, whether the shades are different, but the textures most certainly are different. That would seem to indicate that some contrast is there. Dark grey on lighter grey may in fact be more pleasing to the eye, given how huge the symbol is.

There is no doubt that the gloves, cowl etc are darker than the suit, so those hoping for yet another all-black thing appear likely to be disappointed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Just accept that you black rubber armour people are going to have to cope with differing different at last.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:28 AM   #91
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Something tells me it's going to be be colored like Lynn Varley did in TDKReturns. A gray bodysuit with a black symbol on the chest and a very dark black/gray cowl, boots and cape.

Old 05-16-2014, 03:53 AM   #92
D.P.
Banned User

It's definitely not all-black. Nice try though.

Old 05-16-2014, 04:09 AM   #93
The Slang
Side-Kick

Not bad. I was hoping for bigger ears but I like it.

Anyone else get the impression from that picture that Batman is wearing a Kryptonian suit like Superman's? The texture looks very similar, and the bat logo looks to be a similar size and shape to superman's shield. Almost like the bat is covering a shield.

Superman's suit is indestructible despite appearing to be thin. Could Batman be using the same material?

Old 05-16-2014, 04:16 AM   #94
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Well... As has been stated ad nauseum, the suits have always been similar up until the Burton films across media. Also, look at the weathered nature of the details. Something made of fantasy alien materials should look better. The suit looks worn, which goes with the general idea that Batman has been working under the radar for a while, and may even have been semi-retired or retired by film's start. That enough for me to think it's NOT some suit that Bruce found or tore off of Zod's body or what ever. Plus, giving Batman a nigh indestructable super suit sort of goes against the very essence of the character, don't you think?

Old 05-16-2014, 04:45 AM   #95
craigaat
World's Greatest Spy

I see the Batman reveal honeymoon didn't last very long.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:01 AM   #96
The Slang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well... As has been stated ad nauseum, the suits have always been similar up until the Burton films across media. Also, look at the weathered nature of the details. Something made of fantasy alien materials should look better. The suit looks worn, which goes with the general idea that Batman has been working under the radar for a while, and may even have been semi-retired or retired by film's start. That enough for me to think it's NOT some suit that Bruce found or tore off of Zod's body or what ever. Plus, giving Batman a nigh indestructable super suit sort of goes against the very essence of the character, don't you think?
Are you saying people have already suggested that Batman is wearing Kryptonian material? If so, I didn't realize.
I'm not saying it's a good idea, I'm just considering that the movie might go this route out of convenience. I think it was the bat symbol that really gave me that idea, it looks like it could almost perfectly cover one of the Kryptonian shields.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:12 AM   #97
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigaat View Post
I see the Batman reveal honeymoon didn't last very long.
I'm still ecstatic. There will always be people who want to be "that guy" though.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:29 AM   #98
elgaz
Side-Kick

I can't imagine that Snyder would ever imply the Batsuit is made from Kryptonian material. The beauty of Batman (and what makes him so different from Superman) has always been that he's a human, who has made himself almost into a legend using only his own resources.

Giving him an alien suit which may (or may not) enhance his abilities just feels wrong for the character.

Old 05-16-2014, 05:59 AM   #99
The Slang
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgaz View Post
I can't imagine that Snyder would ever imply the Batsuit is made from Kryptonian material. The beauty of Batman (and what makes him so different from Superman) has always been that he's a human, who has made himself almost into a legend using only his own resources.

Giving him an alien suit which may (or may not) enhance his abilities just feels wrong for the character.
It really wouldn't surprise me. Wasn't there talk of Wonder Woman being Kryptonian? I don't think that's a good idea, although the Man of Steel movie did suggest that Kryptonians had already visited the earth thousands of years in the past. Maybe some of them were seen as gods, and even interbred with humans.

Anyway, when it comes to Batman wearing Kryptonian material, I don't think it would change the essence of the character too much. Especially if he used his own resources and knowledge to synthesise the material from a small sample. He was able to synthesize Kryptonite in some stories. It would allow his to take a blast from Superman's heat vision.

Old 05-16-2014, 06:07 AM   #100
matt47
Side-Kick

So i've been looking at the neck of the suit and thinking how you could turn your head in it and found something that might me interesting or may just be me making shtuff up.

Now, if you look closly it seems like the front half of the neck is slimmed down to Bens normal neck unlike previous one ala BB B89 etc.

Would this help with the neck movements if only just back was big?

Closed Thread