The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: ¿What did you think of the Batsuit?
Love it!! Best Batsuit so far, even if we haven't seen it in color. 157 65.97%
It's good, need to see more to jude it. 63 26.47%
Meh. 16 6.72%
Don't like it. 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-16-2014, 08:25 AM   #101
The Man of HEEL
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - Part 20

To me it looks like the cowl and cape are one piece, and all the same material/texture. So, looking at the flow of the cape would give me a better idea of the cowl.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:42 AM   #102
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt47 View Post
So i've been looking at the neck of the suit and thinking how you could turn your head in it and found something that might me interesting or may just be me making shtuff up.

Now, if you look closly it seems like the front half of the neck is slimmed down to Bens normal neck unlike previous one ala BB B89 etc.

Would this help with the neck movements if only just back was big?
Hey I got a pic of the suit in color I don't know how to put pix on here at all.
but if you give me your email address I can send it to you and you can post it for everyone to see
the Cape and cowl are blue the **** is grey and the symbol is black but it looks really cool
The colors are just like the Batman the brave and bold colors and I like it

Old 05-16-2014, 08:47 AM   #103
matt47
Side-Kick

When you click "post reply" there should be a square with mountains on it that says "insert image" click on it then right click on the picture you want to post then press "copy image URL" then paste and post!

Sorry, I don't really like giving away emails n stuff Hope this helps

Old 05-16-2014, 08:51 AM   #104
Travesty
TEOL

It's probably just a manip.

Old 05-16-2014, 08:58 AM   #105
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
When you click "post reply" there should be a square with mountains on it that says "insert image" click on it then right click on the picture you want to post then press "copy image URL" then paste and post!

Old 05-16-2014, 09:01 AM   #106
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

[IMG][/IMG]
Quote:

Old 05-16-2014, 09:02 AM   #107
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

I must have to wait till I get to a computer I'm on a cell at the moment

Old 05-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #108
Comics N' Toons
Viva La Revolucion!

Quote:
So i've been looking at the neck of the suit and thinking how you could turn your head in it and found something that might me interesting or may just be me making shtuff up.

Now, if you look closly it seems like the front half of the neck is slimmed down to Bens normal neck unlike previous one ala BB B89 etc.

Would this help with the neck movements if only just back was big?

God! That shot of Keaton screams BATMAN to me so much more than poor Ben Affleck. Sorry guys, I'm old! LOL

Old 05-16-2014, 09:04 AM   #109
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Old 05-16-2014, 09:05 AM   #110
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Old 05-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #111
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalonewolf View Post
you have to right click on the image and click "copy image URL" and then put that between the image tags (the [IMG] and [/IMG] markers)

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 05-16-2014, 09:08 AM   #112
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Old 05-16-2014, 09:10 AM   #113
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
you have to right click on the image and click "copy image URL" and then put that between the image tags (the [IMG] and [/IMG] markers)
I know it's just wouldn't work on the phone but I have another shot with more of the batmobile in it

Old 05-16-2014, 09:12 AM   #114
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
I know it's just wouldn't work on the phone but I have another shot with more of the batmobile in it
Gotcha - didn't mean to insult you at all

~ Naked Bat
Old 05-16-2014, 09:17 AM   #115
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Gotcha - didn't mean to insult you at all
Doesn't this looks so awesome in blue and grey
I really believe this is the true color only because Znyder will try and keep this far away from the dark knight so it's only logical to go with completely different colors
I love this suit Ita by far my favorite
now let's see if ben can be the best batman

Old 05-16-2014, 09:19 AM   #116
matt47
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comics N' Toons View Post
God! That shot of Keaton screams BATMAN to me so much more than poor Ben Affleck. Sorry guys, I'm old! LOL
I'm sorry but he looks really bad to me there. Why is he about to kiss something?

Old 05-16-2014, 09:23 AM   #117
dalonewolf
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm sorry but he looks really bad to me there. Why is he about to kiss something?
I don'tcare what that guys says ben affleck is killing it in his suit

Put Micheal Keaton suit next to ben affleck suit
And tell me which one is more believable Keaton looks really cheap compared to affleck

Old 05-16-2014, 09:25 AM   #118
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Doesn't this looks so awesome in blue and grey
I really believe this is the true color only because Znyder will try and keep this far away from the dark knight so it's only logical to go with completely different colors
I love this suit Ita by far my favorite
now let's see if ben can be the best batman
I could see a little darker, muted blue than that. But yes, I think that color scheme would definitely differentiate his Batman from Nolan for sure. Even though some say Kevin Smith confirmed it will be black and grey, I don't think he actually did.

~ Naked Bat
Old 05-16-2014, 09:29 AM   #119
Shazam
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man of HEEL View Post
To me it looks like the cowl and cape are one piece, and all the same material/texture. So, looking at the flow of the cape would give me a better idea of the cowl.
FINALLY!!! FINALLY!! They have done what I've been saying they needed to do a long time ago! Escape from the Tim Burton universe is HERE!!

They ditched the all black rubber armor!!

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content...tume-Color.jpg

It's not spandex and it's not bulky,,,but it still has the look of protectiveness with mobility!!

Love how the cape and cowl flow together!! Nolan didn't care if the rubber armor and the velvet-looking blanket didn't look right. His cape looked like a clip on, instead of part of the whole.

I am impressed Zack!

Old 05-16-2014, 09:30 AM   #120
Mischka1221

I think the imagery of batman can be done in an endless number of ways and everyone has there little preferences. Overall I think all artistic interpretations of the character are interesting.

My personal preference, (at least at this time) is gray/black, fabric look, short ears and flowing cape. It seems to be what we are getting. I like the big symbol. Again its different and interesting as a result. I don't think it really needs the "tail" as I feel that is added more as a connection to Superman when they did the original mashup superman/batman logo. Still I d like the size of it on his chest.

I don't have a problem with their being an in story note that there is armor or Kevlar beneath but I think the fabric-ish look is cool as we have not seen fabric it since Adam West. Other films with other characters have proved that fabric can work as opposed to rubber or spandex.

I like the cowl to have an animalistic quality to it. The fierceness in the brow and eyes I think is there. I prefer the short ears. I dig that short ears Miller, Mazzucchelli, Jim Lee even Greg Capullo look to the cowl. The mouth opening on this is much closer to what I think everyone is used to as opposed to the previous live action mouth openings that were a little two stiff and rounded, at least for me. I think from this picture the neck achieves that animalistic look while still remaining organic to human head shape.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:32 AM   #121
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
To me, it looks like the emblem is a darker grey than the body suit (despite what Smith said), but not quite black like the cowl. Either way, I think it looks good. The somewhat monochromatic bodysuit helps give him that stone creature look that I think is new for this character in live action and works really well.
The batmobile looks lighter than ANYTHING on the suit, but does anyone think the car will be grey? Of course not. It's MATTE black. Different surfaces just reflect light differently.

The bat is probably matte black rubber. It has light shining directly on it. So it looks grey. The end.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:43 AM   #122
Harrier
Side-Kick

Quote:
FINALLY!!! FINALLY!! They have done what I've been saying they needed to do a long time ago! Escape from the Tim Burton universe is HERE!!

They ditched the all black rubber armor!!

http://cdn.screenrant.com/wp-content...tume-Color.jpg

It's not spandex and it's not bulky,,,but it still has the look of protectiveness with mobility!!

Love how the cape and cowl flow together!! Nolan didn't care if the rubber armor and the velvet-looking blanket didn't look right. His cape looked like a clip on, instead of part of the whole.

I am impressed Zack!

That's my favorite colorized version of it I've seen. Beautiful.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:45 AM   #123
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
Do you consider grey and black to be the same colors?
If not?
You may end finding something else to make you laugh...
Though the pic has no color?
Values are identifiable... The body suit will not be black if they use the same one as in that released pic...
Sorry...
I already know this. I'm speaking on the basis that if there was ever a chance that the suit turned out to be all-black, it will be hilarious given people's (including myself) desire for black-grey suit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Just accept that you black rubber armour people are going to have to cope with differing different at last.
"You black rubber armour people"

You do realize I was lobbying for a black-grey suit that takes a major departure from Keaton and Bale's suits? Just because I would find a particular scenario funny if it came to be, doesn't make me a black armour proponent.

Old 05-16-2014, 10:48 AM   #124
lujho
Side-Kick

So I haven't read through ALL the costume threads since the reveal, but there are a few details about the suit that I don't think have been mentioned.

There is a guy on the BOTB costume forum that posted an accurate description of the suit before the reveal, and seems to have genuine inside knowledge. He says:

The surface of the suit is spandex, with a 3D printed texture on top. So, like the Superman one, but instead of just one layer of raised patterning, it's several. So the texture of course-woven fabric? That's actually fake, but looks real. In that sense it IS a sculpted suit externally, but the sculpting is just a thin layer and done by machine. Of course, the spandex suit is over muscle padding, like every other cloth superhero suit in the last 10 years.

The cowl has something similar to the Begins one, where there is an understructure in the neck - hollow segments and stuff, to allow the neck to move in a flattering way. Now that didn't work great in BB but this neck itself is not that thick and so will probably work better. Affleck's head is tilted down and I see none of the weird buckling the BB neck had so it looks like they might have succeeded. They really tried to get this right and put a lot of research into it.

There is a 2nd, more armoured suit and it is very much directly based on the one from DKR - this shouldn't be surprising seeing how much inspiration Snyder is taking from Frank Miller. I guess a real live action Dark Knight Returns will never be made, so Snyder's just going to lift it wholesale.

Wonder Woman's costume is recognisably WW, but the design is very, very MCU Asgardian style. Which is a little disappointing - I really thought a direct Greco-Roman influence was the way to go.

Anyway the thread is there for anyone who wants to find it, I'm just passing the info on because I hadn't seen any of it here yet.

Last edited by lujho; 05-16-2014 at 10:53 AM.
Old 05-16-2014, 10:53 AM   #125
Travesty
TEOL

So ummmmm, you wanna link to the website/thread?

Closed Thread