The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > DC Comics Films

Old 05-17-2014, 11:24 AM   #26
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Default Re: Lana Lang in this DC UNIVERSE. Who would you cast for following movies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superchan View Post
The Lana they have in the new 52 is the best version of the character in any medium IMO. She's a smart, good hearted engineer who trots around the globe, going into hot areas and volunteering her expertise.
I can totally see the heroic, globe trotting lana connecting with the superheroic glob trotting CK/superman who also happens to be boy who saved her life back in Smallville. Basically two heroes finding common ground.
What I don't want to see is a love triangle between lana, lois and Clark because that would be cheesy and cliched (the pre-crisis comics milked that story to death).

As for Michelle Monaghan, well she's always been my pick for Lois but I really like her in any role and would welcome her as lana.
I love her in Pak's Action Comics run.

Old 05-17-2014, 11:39 AM   #27
Rowsdower!
Infinity and beyond

Default Re: Lana Lang in this DC UNIVERSE. Who would you cast for following movies?

Love the MEW, Michelle Monaghan and Ginnifer Goodwin suggestions. But I doubt we'll see Lana again.

Old 05-17-2014, 06:55 PM   #28
Rorschach2012
$

Jimmy Olsen deserves to be in this universe over Lana

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 06:56 PM   #29
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Why don't we have both?

Old 05-17-2014, 07:00 PM   #30
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by geetard View Post
Agreed, infact I just love Greg pack's entire action comics run (his batman/superman is solid but not as good) as he happens to be one of those rare cases of a writer understanding what superman is about.

Superchan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:58 AM   #31
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Dean View Post
Who cares about Lana Lang?
No one! That's why she should not be in a Superman movie unless they want to show her fat and pregnant with Pete's red haired children.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:15 AM   #32
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Quote:
She was also great in Superman for All Seasons.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:42 AM   #33
tomoe
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwing1 View Post
Oh gawd, Smallville Lana made me retroactively hate every Lana who came before her and never want to see any future Lanas ever.

tomoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #34
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by charl_huntress View Post
No one! That's why she should not be in a Superman movie unless they want to show her fat and pregnant with Pete's red haired children.
LOL ouch!!! Huntress you sound so vindictive! why the hate?
To be honest I was never a big fan of Lana, I always thought she occupied a certain period in Clark's life but her story ends the second Clark goes to Metrapolis and meets Lois.
However her portrayals in STAS (a successful fashion designer who actually cares about Clark unlike Lois who doesn't even notice him) and the new 52 have warmed me up to the character. You really should check out action comics with Greg Pak, it's a fantastic read and the best superman we've had in many years.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:02 AM   #35
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Looks like most of the people who don't like Lana are those who watched Smallville.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:17 AM   #36
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

GG is a good suggestion I think

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Kal-El.9859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 05:55 AM   #37
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Looks like most of the people who don't like Lana are those who watched Smallville.
I think with Smallville they were making you hate on Lana just to push Clois

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:00 AM   #38
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
I think with Smallville they were making you hate on Lana just to push Clois
Zod forbid on a show about Clark Kent/Superman he end up with Lois Lane! What a crazy hair brained idea!!

Just joshing with ya.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
KRYPTON INC. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 06:12 AM   #39
charl_huntress
The Offender w/ Magic

Quote:
To be honest I was never a big fan of Lana, I always thought she occupied a certain period in Clark's life but her story ends the second Clark goes to Metrapolis and meets Lois.
However her portrayals in STAS (a successful fashion designer who actually cares about Clark unlike Lois who doesn't even notice him) and the new 52 have warmed me up to the character. You really should check out action comics with Greg Pak, it's a fantastic read and the best superman we've had in many years.
lol...I can't help it. I wasn't always a Lana hater, but during the SV days the battles between Clois fans and Clana fans made me forever hate her. I am now the official Lana Lang hater of the Hype.

I may eventually check out some stuff from the new 52, but I have to work my way into it when the time is right.

I've heard so many people talk about how Superman would kill Lois if they ever had sex, but I've never heard someone make this point before and it's brilliant. If Superman's bodily fluids are so dangerous, then he'd have to use a kryptonite toilet every time he takes a dump.
charl_huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:03 AM   #40
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wonder what Lana Lang does for a living in the New52?

Old 05-18-2014, 08:33 AM   #41
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Problem is with Lana, as opposed to Gwen Stacy (they both being the alternate romantic interest) is that Supes has already met Lois, putting Lana in would make it a love triangle, could you get any more boring or cliche for a movie? Shouldn't be like that. I would love to see an appearance but nothing too significant.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Sharkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 08:37 AM   #42
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Problem is with Lana, as opposed to Gwen Stacy (they both being the alternate romantic interest) is that Supes has already met Lois, putting Lana in would make it a love triangle, could you get any more boring or cliche for a movie? Shouldn't be like that. I would love to see an appearance but nothing too significant.
Again you guys and gals should check out Greg Pak's action run.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:01 AM   #43
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Greg Pak couldn't use Lois til Action 31 he was told he can't. Can you believe the book she made her debut in with Superman and she can't be in it. New 52 has marginalized Lois big time the co pubs even admitted they pushed her down too much.

Why concentrate on characters not been cast though? Production begins tomorrow focus on those who are there.

Fallen Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 AM   #44
fanboiii
♢♦ ᴍᴀᴅ ʟᴏᴠᴇ ♦♢

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tra-El View Post
Wonder what Lana Lang does for a living in the New52?

She's an electrical engineer.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:42 PM   #45
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
She was also great in Superman for All Seasons.
Oh definitely! I love For All Seasons, heck, even like it more than All-Star...

Old 05-18-2014, 01:01 PM   #46
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
The Greg Park and the STAS are the best of her. If she comes up I would want smth similar for that character and would be able IN FUTURE movies (solo Supes) and that will be really great to add smth in Lois-Clark relationship eventhought Clark loves Lois, that would add spice to the developed relationship that we might see fullfilling after this movie.

Old 05-18-2014, 01:06 PM   #47
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

For Lana Lang I would cast Stephen Lang. He's the only one I can see getting all of the emotions down perfectly and the fact that his appearance is so close to the source material is just an added bonus. Plus just imagine his chemistry on screen with Clark.

pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:08 PM   #48
bluerayer
MCU

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
For Lana Lang I would cast Stephen Lang. He's the only one I can see getting all of the emotions down perfectly and the fact that his appearance is so close to the source material is just an added bonus. Plus just imagine his chemistry on screen with Clark.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:10 PM   #49
Rorschach2012
$

I like Lana. But her place is in a solo Superman movie. Superman 3 did a good job with Lana, they could do something like that if they wanted to use her in a future solo Superman film.

I really think it'd be a waste of time to introduce her here. I do not care to see her here at all...

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:13 PM   #50
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
They can show as the STAS. Clark doesn't love her anymore (was his teenage love and they can show a little bit for that maybe in a flashback scene) and also showing that he has a great friend from Smallville and Lois could get a little jelaous and of course leading a little spicy touch in that (but we need first more Clark-Lois or I don't know maybe that could get their love stronger or fullfied) but Clark knows what he feels and Lana is like his sister. as for the job. a fashion designer (that could lead the two reporters), the engineer or another interesting job could also work for the story.