The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 10:22 AM   #51
Reiter
Banned User

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
Where are people hearing this stuff?
Remember my other posts about someone who works in the production revealing info? Same source. He posted all this on CBR.

I know that it could be fake, i'm just posting it for anyone interested and we'll see what holds water.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:25 AM   #52
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
Remember my other posts about someone who works in the production revealing info? Same source. He posted all this on CBR.

I know that it could be fake, i'm just posting it for anyone interested and we'll see what holds water.
Say no more.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-18-2014, 10:26 AM   #53
Reiter
Banned User

I've seen my fair share of trolls and bad posters around here too, so... Who knows?

Old 05-18-2014, 10:31 AM   #54
zryson
Banned User

I see everything as a rumor until its confirmed. But that doesnt mean what people are hearing isnt true because on large-scale productions there are many people involved. But at the same time, people within the studio run interference too so what is reported may not always be accurate.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:49 AM   #55
zryson
Banned User

In terms of screen-time, even a limited role, Wonder Woman will feature heavily in the headlines to come if only because its her big-screen debut in the 2016 'Batman vs. Superman' movie (Warner Bros. are yet to confirm an official title.)

My hope is that they play up the core differences between Diana and her male counterparts and their respective superhero identities. I want to see Wonder Woman; somebody fleshed out on her own terms and somebody who isn’t just a female version of Superman (which has been the temptation of many a writer/artist over the years as they play up Wonder Woman’s power-levels.) At the same time, I hope the lasso is indestructible and golden. I also want to see the tiara.

For the costume, a nice blend of leather and some body armor would make for a stylish yet practical look in terms of what a warrior (aka shades of Xena) would wear.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:23 AM   #56
jaymes_e06
TRINITY

Sure has been a while since this thread has talked about Gal...

Old 05-18-2014, 11:24 AM   #57
zryson
Banned User

One of the things I am curious about is Wonder Woman's hairstyle. Will it be exactly the same as that of Diana Prince? After all, hair - and the look of it, is extremely important to the world of science fiction. It's often obsessed over, every strand, when creating 'the look' of a character. Maybe a ponytail would be a nice touch? Or maybe a braid?

Old 05-18-2014, 11:56 AM   #58
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
A rumor i have heard is that WW comes to warn humanity about the threat of Darkseid. Being all about magic and gods, she knows this stuff and comes to help.

Could be cool.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Diana Prince will be showcased as a mystery lady. From things I have heard, she has an interest in history and art. Wonder Woman is also seen in costume. I've also heard rumors she is there to warn of the approaching Darkseid.

I hear voices, too. They never tell me about movies, though. Only who to kill.

Old 05-18-2014, 12:15 PM   #59
zryson
Banned User

I think since Gadot will be sporting long hair, it would be great to showcase different hairstyles in her scenes.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #60
Steelsheen
Iconic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
yeah there are a lot of things that will have to be addressed. how/why did they choose to be a separate society (or did they?)
is it only women on the isle?
will they be advanced technologically? will there be magic and "gods" involved? or are they like Asgardians and their tech only appears to be magical because it's so advanced?
Did they exist in a parallel "pocket" dimension much like the Phantom Zone? (in the world but not IN the world) and that's how they remained undetected?
a lot of your questions have been answered in WW's history over the decades. the question now is which of those stories will Snyder and gang adapt? or just come up with something completely new? thats kinda the exciting/scary thing about WW in the movies-- you just dont know which backstory will end up being "canon-ized"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wise View Post
I think her screen time will probably be somewhere in between Phil Coulson's role in Iron Man 1 and Black Widow's role in Iron Man 2. Somewhere between 10 - 25 minutes of screen time.
thats already quite a luxury for me. that first take with plain-clothed WW is all gravy already when i first heard WW will be in this i thought they'd do it like the TDKR comics where she just appears in the last few panels at the end.

Quote:
I think since Gadot will be sporting long hair, it would be great to showcase different hairstyles in her scenes.
i suppose so, its just that from how i know WW she was never that particular with fashion-- its a conscious response of writers and fans to say that not all women are fashion-obsessed clotheshorses. but you know the movie version could have "reasons" to showcase her styles over the decades as some kind of homage but also work it into the story-- like this possible undercover angle.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Old 05-18-2014, 05:17 PM   #61
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Just got a text from Wonder Gal.

Quote:
Is it real? Or a wig? Maybe he wears a wig in the movie cause he is bald and then at the end of the movie he rips off the wig and throws it at Superman.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:11 PM   #62
Hulk-1700
Flawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samuel Jackson View Post
Just got a text from Wonder Gal.

She's a smart Gal.

Old 05-18-2014, 08:14 PM   #63
Hulk-1700
Flawless

Quote:
Sounds like it'd be a pain the ass, tbh. Leaving it loose or wrapping it up in a ponytail should suffice, me thinks. Anything more would be kinda overdoing it, right?

Old 05-18-2014, 08:21 PM   #64
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Although it may be saved for her solo movie, I'd expect some of WW's role to double as a Loreal and fashion advertisements.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 05-18-2014, 09:01 PM   #65
Superchan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post
People do hear a lot of things, huh.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkboy View Post
Where are people hearing this stuff?
Well I can't speak for other people on this board but like I said previously I sent a message to Mark Hughes (the Forbes writer who wrote the recent articles about Wonderwoman's inclusion and Justice league) and he was kind enough to respond with that little tidbit that I shared with you.

I don't really know how in the Know that guy really is, but I believe he must have some insider cred.
At the end we should all remember that like MOS this project will be shrouded in mystery so I doubt anybody really knows what's going on.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:05 PM   #66
roach
I am the night

I hear that no one is in this movie since it hasn't been shot yet and things like a character/actors screen time can change in the editing bay (See Rogue). So at this point no one knows a thing about how much a character is in the film. What we do know is Gal is going through a lot of fight training and will be in a Wonder Woman costume.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:16 PM   #67
Mad Love
ʕᴥʔっ♥ fandom crazy

Besides the football game, the first set pics we saw are of Diana. Depending on the order their filming the movie, that could mean she'll be shown very early on.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:20 PM   #68
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Besides the football game, the first set pics we saw are of Diana. Depending on the order their filming the movie, that could mean she'll be shown very early on.
Films are shot out of order. Her shooting first doesn't mean she's shown early on. 1) It could mean they needed a shot of her for a Comic con trailer.
2) It could be a shot they needed but couldn't get during production because of her schedule.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:28 PM   #69
Mad Love
ʕᴥʔっ♥ fandom crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Films are shot out of order. Her shooting first doesn't mean she's shown early on. 1) It could mean they needed a shot of her for a Comic con trailer.
2) It could be a shot they needed but couldn't get during production because of her schedule.
1) That part could be shot in order 2) It could be a scene shown in the beginning 3) In no way did I state it as a guarantee, hence "depending" and "could" 4) Relax, I'm only speculating.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:38 PM   #70
roach
I am the night

I am giving my opinion on the matter as someone who works in the industry. Her being shot first does not mean she is shown early on. Shooting schedules are planned around an actor or actress availability. The very first shot in a production is generally an easy scene...like someone walking out of a hotel. It helps build the confidence of the cast and crew.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:44 PM   #71
zryson
Banned User

When it comes to Gadot as Wonder Woman, to have multiple hairstyles would be fine. Show her as Diana Prince in a ballroom type of scene, maybe her hair up, a dazzling unique type of necklace draped around her neck (perhaps something from the Island?) Then later as Wonder Woman I'd like them to do something with her hair since the look of the hair will be closely watched by many people too. Maybe show a slight braid or something distinctive.

I also agree with what you said Roach. Often the easiest scenes are filmed first (depending on the availability of the actor in question).

Old 05-18-2014, 09:47 PM   #72
Charlatan
Side-Kick

I don't really see them scheduling their shoots with comic-con trailers in mind. They probably shoot them according to feasibility and keeping everyone's schedules and the availability of locations in mind. Then you have to figure in weather for exterior location shots. sometimes that requires you to have to reschedule and work around. But mostly it's money that determines most decisions.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:56 PM   #73
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlatan View Post
I don't really see them scheduling their shoots with comic-con trailers in mind. They probably shoot them according to feasibility and keeping everyone's schedules and the availability of locations in mind. Then you have to figure in weather for exterior location shots. sometimes that requires you to have to reschedule and work around. But mostly it's money that determines most decisions.
I mention a comic con trailer because they are shooting three days before principal photography is scheduled to start. So this is either a shot they didn't schedule or something extra. If it was a shot they didn't schedule for then why not wait for pick ups (towards the end of filming they schedule time for shots they missed or need to reshoot).

My best guess is it's a shot they need for a trailer for Comic con that needed to be turned over to the editor so he could have a time to cut it together.

Old 05-18-2014, 09:57 PM   #74
Side-Kick

Let us pray to the new gods that we will see Gal in the suit tomorrow

Best CBMs
1. Batman Begins 2. Man of Steel 3. Captain America: The Winter Soldier 4. The Dark Knight 5. Avengers
Old 05-18-2014, 10:00 PM   #75
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

I'd love to come home to Wony's costume.

Closed Thread