The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #101
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Default Re: Gal Gadot IS Wonder Woman! - - Part 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by haephestus View Post
Ooops. My bad. I got all excited about the thought of a globe-trotting Princess Diana who was engaged in multiple international missions of peace-keeping and charitable fund-raising.
Me too. That being said isn't some filming being done in Morocco? And I am blanking but I thought some other places too?

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-18-2014, 10:41 PM   #102
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by haephestus View Post
They're her Kryptonian-detecting Bat-glasses!

Batman gave them to her as a post-coitus gift to help her keep an eye out for evil terraforming aliens. Diana quickly slipped them on to ensure that she was safe when exiting her lead-lined hotel and then quickly stored them securely in her very-important-lady briefcase in which she also stores her gauntlets (which she is shamefully not wearing), tiara, spare star-spangled panties (because you never know when a crime needs to be stopped), Bat-shark-repellent (a less than useful post-coitus gift from Batwoman) and lasso.
What? Kate Kane is in this movie too?!

Old 05-18-2014, 10:51 PM   #103
Joeyjojo72
Side-Kick

Only two short years to go!

At the risk of being totally offensive...there's a quote from Ghandi about Christianity that can be reappropriated for this.

"I like your Christopher Nolan, but I do not like your Nolanites."
Old 05-18-2014, 10:54 PM   #104
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joeyjojo72 View Post
Only two short years to go!
A WonderGal promo shot in the next few days will make that two years wait somewhat easier but also harder at the same time.

Oh and geetard, love your avatar. Best moment of the trailer.

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 05-18-2014, 11:05 PM   #105
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
Actually that poster said he only used the Paris Hotel picture of a bellhop to compare the outfit an extra had near Gal so as to suggest it might be a luxury hotel. Then people saw the signage behind the bellhop picture he had posted and mistook that for being what the set they shot Gal on to be standing in for that Parisian hotel. I was initially one of those that got that mixed up too, but no, it's not confirmed that it's supposed to be Hotel Meurice.
That was me...my bad

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-18-2014, 11:08 PM   #106
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenixflight View Post
After putting together this little montage it definitely feels like Gal is playing to her character's role. She looks the part of an ambassador or envoy for her people, holding both wealth and authority.

We haven't got a closer look at her...but from the pics available... has Snyder got Gal to wear blue contact lenses, I can't tell.

Anyone ?

*\S/T*
Old 05-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #107
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Besides the football game, the first set pics we saw are of Diana. Depending on the order their filming the movie, that could mean she'll be shown very early on.
I am actually surprised that Snyder has decided to shoot WW scenes first, given that Godot herself admitted that she would be training sword fight and other martial arts techniques, how can she be ready for all that in a matter of months ?

I thought that Snyder would be filming scenes involving Affleck and Cavill first since they look more than ready. I assumed that Gal Gadot would be filmed at the very last phase of the shooting schedule.

*\S/T*
Old 05-18-2014, 11:21 PM   #108
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
I am actually surprised that Snyder has decided to shoot WW scenes first, given that Godot herself admitted that she would be training sword fight and other martial arts techniques, how can she be ready for all that in a matter of months ?

I thought that Snyder would be filming scenes involving Affleck and Cavill first since they look more than ready. I assumed that Gal Gadot would be filmed at the very last phase of the shooting schedule.
depends on the difficulty of her fight scenes....and as I mentioned before movies tend to film easy scenes first. Extensive action scenes won't be first.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-18-2014, 11:23 PM   #109
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:

Actors of all roles usually have only months to do training for fight choreography and they often continue working with the stunt coordinators as filming progresses. This should be no worry. Besides, in MOS Zack's team did a tremendous job with all the hand to hand stuff. I am chomping at the bit to see how Bats and Wondy come across with Zack and his team at the helm.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:31 PM   #110
Wheels
HR Supporter

I think we might get clear fights this time around.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 05-18-2014, 11:34 PM   #111
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Quote:
Actors of all roles usually have only months to do training for fight choreography and they often continue working with the stunt coordinators as filming progresses. This should be no worry. Besides, in MOS Zack's team did a tremendous job with all the hand to hand stuff. I am chomping at the bit to see how Bats and Wondy come across with Zack and his team at the helm.
I would be disappointed if Snyder uses only stunt double for the WW''s fight scenes just because Gadot did not get enough time to practice sword fighting and other combat skills, same for her physical training. Look at how much effort other actresses put in their preparation for the part they were playing.

Eva Green has said (in an interview) that she had to undergo extensive sword fight training for her role as Artemisia, similarly Emily Blunt had to train for her physique for scifi movie "Edge of Tomorrow" and there's Zoe Saldana and Karen Gillan who had to train and learn sword fighting for months for their roles as Gamora and Nebula. Heck, look at how much effort Antje Traue put as Fora.

It is even more disappointing because the movie is Two years away and there's till enough time, I just hope that now Snyder allows her some more time before Gal Gadot's fight scenes are filmed.

*\S/T*
Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 PM   #112
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

They plan this stuff out very carefully, of course she got enough training.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:38 PM   #113
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
I would be disappointed if Snyder uses only stunt double for the WW''s fight scenes just because Gadot did not get enough time to practice sword fighting and other combat skills, same for her physical training. Look at how much effort other actresses put in their preparation for the part they were playing.

Eva Green has said (in an interview) that she had to undergo extensive sword fight training for her role as Artemisia, similarly Emily Blunt had to train for her physique for scifi movie "Edge of Tomorrow" and there's Zoe Saldana and Karen Gillan who had to train and learn sword fighting for months for their roles as Gamora and Nebula. Heck, look at how much effort Antje Traue put as Fora.
Two of your examples are from films with Zack involved so that bodes well for what we can expect of Gadot. Gal has said she's been training for the fight choreography. She's had months and like I said, they WILL continue training up until the shooting days for any action scenes. Is this enough for her to be some master swordswoman? No. For a movie? Yeah.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:39 PM   #114
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Fights were clear the last time. Watch it on Blu Ray.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:41 PM   #115
Wheels
HR Supporter

Snyder takes this stuff seriously. He will want Gal at her best.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 05-18-2014, 11:43 PM   #116
Wheels
HR Supporter

Quote:
Fights were clear the last time. Watch it on Blu Ray.
I meant for Batman. Should have been more specific.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 05-18-2014, 11:44 PM   #117
roach
I am the night

Quote:

I think you are getting yourself worked up over nothing.
http://www.mtv.com/news/1719622/gal-...ming-response/

This is an interview dated for 12/26/2013
ďItís the physical preparations that Iím starting now,Ē Gadot continued. ďA very serious training regimen ó Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, Jujutsu, BrazilianÖ 1,000 and one things. Iíll gain body mass.Ē

so she has has at least six months of training.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:45 PM   #118
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

OK.

What about my earlier question ? From the set pics. can anyone say that she is wearing Blue contacts ?

*\S/T*
Old 05-18-2014, 11:47 PM   #119
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
I think you are getting yourself worked up over nothing.
http://www.mtv.com/news/1719622/gal-...ming-response/

This is an interview dated for 12/26/2013
ďItís the physical preparations that Iím starting now,Ē Gadot continued. ďA very serious training regimen ó Kung Fu, kickboxing, swords, Jujutsu, BrazilianÖ 1,000 and one things. Iíll gain body mass.Ē

so she has has at least six months of training.
Where would the threads for this film be without you roach? Zod bless you and all the work that you do my insectoid brother!!

Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #120
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Well I guess that was because you know, the superspeed, the flight and the opponents were the reason what we have those and they presented as if we saw them in the real world, I mean we've never saw them too detailed because you know they are fighting at enormous speed effects and I love that. I saw them pretty solid and great (in the cinema and in my BR) eventhought of the speed effect those are really outstanding , one of the best battles if not the best fights out there in the cmb genre. But with batman we might get the powers of Superman more controled cause Superman is gonna get used to and of course neither Wondie has superspeed. So the fighting style of Wondie and Bats will be pretty much different and I hope so. each one has his/her own style.

Last edited by John-An; 05-18-2014 at 11:58 PM.
Old 05-18-2014, 11:49 PM   #121
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Where would the threads for this film be without you roach? Zod bless you and all the work that you do my insectoid brother!!
It the reason why I only pay attention to the actual news and not the rumor mongers....i keep it all in mind when I am on the boards.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:50 PM   #122
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by John-An View Post
Well I guess that was because you knoe, the superspeed, the flight and the opponents were the reason what we have those and I saw them pretty solid and great (in the cinema and in my BR) eventhought of the speed effect those are really outstanding , one of the best battles if not the best out there in the cmb genre. But with batman we might get the powers of Superman more controled cause Superman is gonna get used to and of course neither Wondie has superspeed. So the fighting style of Wondie and Bats will be pretty much different and I hope so. each one has his/her own style.
He already posted he was referring to Batman in the Nolan films JA.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:51 PM   #123
roach
I am the night

Quote:
OK.

What about my earlier question ? From the set pics. can anyone say that she is wearing Blue contacts ?
There's no real way to tell from the pics.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:52 PM   #124
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
It the reason why I only pay attention to the actual news and not the rumor mongers....i keep it all in mind when I am on the boards.
Well I thank you for always keeping things at an even keel. After the Batsuit reveal we've had a lot of new posters around here and... Well some come off as over-eager, misinformed and with big egos. I am happy you are around to balance that out, along with many others here.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:53 PM   #125
Caekzor
Nolanesque

Quote:
We haven't got a closer look at her...but from the pics available... has Snyder got Gal to wear blue contact lenses, I can't tell.

Anyone ?
I'm running the photo through my Enhancement Program right now. Unfortunately the tree branch is blocking her eyes, but from what I can tell the windshield of the car parked behind her has a reflection of the car she is getting into which could have a reflection of her face. I can enhance that, but it's going to take a little longer.

Closed Thread