The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?
Yes 25 18.52%
No to Constanine, Yes to Flash & Arrow 29 21.48%
No to Flash & Arrow, Yes to Constantine 4 2.96%
I'll wait for Flash and Constantine to premiere before giving my final opinion 8 5.93%
No 69 51.11%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2014, 03:38 PM   #1
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

Default Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?

So besides Superman/Batman, the only other DC things going on are the TV shows The Flash, Arrow, Constantine, Gotham, and iZombie. Now I don't think there are many people petitioning to get iZombie & Gotham connected to the DCCU; would you want to see Flash, Arrow, and Constantine connected to Superman/Batman and the DCCU?

LEVITIKUZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:40 PM   #2
DaJanksta
Henry Cavill's chest hair

Default Re: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?

No way. Not in the slightest. Should of made it a poll.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #3
Tra-El
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?

Nah. I know some people want that, but I think cooperating a television budged show against a cinema powerhouse just muddles the product.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:41 PM   #4
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Hell yes to Flash and Arrow.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #5
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

Out of the three shows I'd want Constantine to be part of the DCCU.

Keep Flash/Arrow separate.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #6
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

As of right now, I'm ok with Constantine being connected. I would like Arrow and the Flash but they are a combo deal. Also some of the dialogue in the Flash trailer was eh. I wait till I see Flash to agree to it.

Old 05-18-2014, 03:42 PM   #7
Rorschach2012
$

I'm fine with it, as I LOVE Arrow, and The Flash looks AMAZING to me, but they would have to upgrade Flash's suit for Justice League, it's just not movie ready at all. The cowl is fine, but as others have noted, the bodysuit could be vastly improved. That belt buckle and the bagginess.... no good

But I kinda want there to be multiple universes at the same time...

Either way, I don't really care, I would be delighted either way such a good time to be a DC fan

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #8
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

no!

G.Godfrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:49 PM   #9
InJustice
Side-Kick

No in general.

I'd like to see the movies build the characters themselves instead of relying on someone else's rendition.

Having said that, imagine how cool it'd be to have a Justice League TV show with Arrow and Flash.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:50 PM   #10
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

I like Arrow and I think both The Flash and Constantine look great, but I don't want them connected to the movies.

Dark_Lord is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:53 PM   #11
Reiter
Banned User

On the one hand, Arrow is extremely well made and this is no perverted sappy superhero like Smallville was. In other words, it's a straight up superhero show that doesnt make any excuses and doesnt get watered down in some way because of TV. I assume Flash and Constantine will be good too.

But...

First of all, Arrow is very batman-like. He uses a lot of his villains, his methods, and all that. Plus he uses Waller and Argus and i'm sure the movies will want to use them too without having to worry about what Arrow has done with them. It would be extremely confining for the show if it had to tread lightly so as not to "disturb" characters that the movies might need to use. And the shows need to have 24 episodes per season, they cant be standing still in case the movieverse wants to do something will Waller or Deathstroke. And even Arrow and Flash themselves will have more development because they have so much more time than the movies have.

So while yes, Arrow (and hopefully flash) is very well made, i think it would be really complicated to synergize a series of movies that come out every 2-3 years with a tv show that has 24 episodes per year, and which needs constant plots, villains and other characters to keep going. Keep the movieverse and the TVverse separate, they'll be able to breath and work better this way.

Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #12
green

No, keep the tv shows and movies different universes please.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:05 PM   #13
Rorschach2012
$

Amanda Waller in Arrow and Flash is so terrible at acting(sorry), and that character should probably be involved in some capacity with this new cinematic universe. That'd definitely be a problem.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:07 PM   #14
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I agree that Amanda Waller on Arrow not to my liking.

Fallen Angel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:09 PM   #15
Rorschach2012
$

It's not even the writing. It's her acting. Imo she's the weakest link on the show. It's a shame because Amanda is a huge character..

Old 05-18-2014, 04:10 PM   #16
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Amanda Waller in Arrow and Flash is so terrible at acting(sorry), and that character should probably be involved in some capacity with this new cinematic universe. That'd definitely be a problem.
So recast for the films, it's not like recasting is an unheard of practice. Same idea for Flash's costume, just design a new one for the films. I really think people are just refusing to see the benefits that connecting the shows and the movies could bring.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:11 PM   #17
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerMcQueen View Post
So recast for the films, it's not like recasting is an unheard of practice. Same idea for Flash's costume, just design a new one for the films. I really think people are just refusing to see the benefits that connecting the shows and the movies could bring.
I think there are more benefits in not connecting them. I'd rather see two different versions of the DCU.

Arrow/Flash should be able to go all out without having to adhere to what the movies are doing, and vice versa.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:14 PM   #18
Steelsheen
Iconic

i'm.... not sure.

i know the business plan WB is trying to copy is Marvel's, but Marvel only really has one TV show to to worry about keeping consistent-- Agents of Shield (and the soon to debut Agent Carter), but the main things about those tv shows is that they are based on the movies., so in a way they are already integrated.

the Arrow and Flash tv shows are related to each other, which is great, but you'll be hard pressed to make them related to the BvS/ JL movies without putting limits on certain things (like what Reiter said about villain-use, and thats only the tip of the iceberg). and this might prove frustrating to the productions. there is a big reason why WB didnt like interconnected universes for a really long time (and probably wouldve kept everything separate if not for that little movie called the Avengers).

IF they are ever going to interconnect any TV series currently in the works it would probably be Gotham. in BvS we have an aged Bruce Wayne, and in all intents and purposes BvS Bruce is different from Nolanverse Bruce, so essentially the character Ben is playing has a clean slate. given how Bruce and everybody else in Gotham is so young they have a lot of elbow room to build backstories and then relate to those in the BvS/ JL universe without feeling limited.

good luck to WB if they want to do this. Agents of Shield had a great starting point in the Avengers, and even that show had a few hiccups and stumbles to make it to the second season.

M A D N E S S
IS LIKE GRAVITY
ALL IT TAKES
IS A LITTLE
PUSH

Join the newest Maze Runner Community built by Gladers for Gladers! http://themazerunner.net/forums

Follow me on Twitter: All the Geekery @Steelsheen | MazeRunner @DashnerGeek | Divergent @SteeleDivergent

Steelsheen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #19
tacit-ronin-
Spectre!

I think that there should be a connected by multiverse option on this poll.

tacit-ronin- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:16 PM   #20
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I'm happy either way. If Arrow (and assuming the other two are as good or better) then we've added some pretty damn good story to the world, as well as making the world much larger.

If they're not, it allows those worlds to go as big as they want, Arrow and Flash could introduce their entire Justice League, Constantine can fight Heaven and Hell with humanity in the middle.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:18 PM   #21
Rorschach2012
$

Even though Arrow and Flash look REALLY good considering their budget... I think the difference in budget would be too obvious to connect the two.

I personally want Arrow/Flash to build their own version of Justice League.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:19 PM   #22
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
Even though Arrow and Flash look REALLY good considering their budget... I think the difference in budget would be too obvious to connect the two.
Not only that, but the plot connections. It would be weird to connect MOS and BvS to Flash and Arrow. I mean, Starling City would've already heard about Metropolis's destruction and the arrival of the Superman, as well as Batman as an Urban Legend.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:20 PM   #23
KillerMcQueen
Mildly sociopathic

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Not only that, but the plot connections. It would be weird to connect MOS and BvS to Flash and Arrow. I mean, Starling City would've already heard about Metropolis's destruction and the arrival of the Superman, as well as Batman as an Urban Legend.
just have the Metropolis incident happen between season 2 and 3. Problem solved.

Old 05-18-2014, 04:26 PM   #24
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

I've never been interested in Constantine,but yeah,Flash & Arrow should most definitely be in a JL movie.

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:28 PM   #25
LEVITIKUZ
HE'S COMING HOME!!!

It's clear Batman exists in Arrow.

You can't have Joker without Batman. You can't have Harley Quinn without Joker. It's clear Batman does exist.