The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?
Yes 25 18.52%
No to Constanine, Yes to Flash & Arrow 29 21.48%
No to Flash & Arrow, Yes to Constantine 4 2.96%
I'll wait for Flash and Constantine to premiere before giving my final opinion 8 5.93%
No 69 51.11%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-18-2014, 10:05 PM   #76
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Default Re: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?

it's not like we're getting a flash film anytime soon so why not.

Old 05-18-2014, 10:06 PM   #77
Rorschach2012
$

Default Re: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?

I would really like to see Snyder's take on The Flash. As a filmmaker, he'd probably want to put his own stamp on the character instead of using Gustin.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:13 PM   #78
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Human Torch View Post
I mean,if Gal Gadot can be cast as the most recognizable heroine in all of comicdom,it's more than a little disingenuous to say Gustin & Amell don't have what it takes.
Hahahaha I hear that, quoted for truth brother.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:20 PM   #79
Reiter
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ЯɘvlveR View Post
it's not like we're getting a flash film anytime soon so why not.
They're not? I guess that explains why they did the TV series. I mean you cant have him battling Zoom on it and then expect people to pay to rewatch it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I would really like to see Snyder's take on The Flash. As a filmmaker, he'd probably want to put his own stamp on the character instead of using Gustin.
The Flash wasnt in TDKR.

Reiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:34 PM   #80
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
It'd look and sound like this:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:44 PM   #81
Pickleweasel
Side-Kick

No, it would weigh both down.

Pickleweasel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:48 PM   #82
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pickleweasel View Post
No, it would weigh both down.
Yeah i pretty much agree...

Arrow and Flash should do their own thing. They should be allowed to do their own takes on major DC characters.

I'd like to see multiple film/tv interpretations of the same DC characters.

Rorschach2012 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:50 PM   #83
Astro13Zombie
PrimeDirectiveEXTERMINATE

Hell no

Astro13Zombie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:59 PM   #84
WSNProductions

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
It'd look and sound like this:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Cool story bro

WSNProductions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:04 PM   #85
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reiter View Post
They're not? I guess that explains why they did the TV series. I mean you cant have him battling Zoom on it and then expect people to pay to rewatch it. The Flash wasnt in TDKR.

we'll we've got MoS2 coming out in 2016, jl presumably in 2017, a ww film after that, what they do after that is anyone's guess, so yeah, it doesn't look like they'll make one anytime soon. I'd love to be wrong though.

Old 05-18-2014, 11:07 PM   #86
jmc
callin' it like I see it

No, I hate the idea of one universe stretched across several mediums.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
jmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:29 PM   #87
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lencho01 View Post
And they will always cite how Smallville and SR on at the same time and no really cared.
I seem to recall there being a huge ****storm when Welling wasn't cast as Singer's Superman. But my memory's hazy.

InJustice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 11:33 PM   #88
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
I seem to recall there being a huge ****storm when Welling wasn't cast as Singer's Superman. But my memory's hazy.
It wasn't that bad the way I remember it.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Lencho01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:26 AM   #89
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Yes and I would like to see Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot guest-star in those three shows as Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:30 AM   #90
lc23
Fan of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Yes and I would like to see Henry Cavill, Ben Affleck, and Gal Gadot guest-star in those three shows as Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman.
You're being sarcastic, right?

lc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:40 AM   #91
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

No !

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 12:58 AM   #92
coluanprime
Side-Kick

Hell yes. That would be the greatest thing ever. DC would be idiots to ignore such an amazingly developed and well written corner of the universe. Besides who wouldn't want to see Amell up on the big screen with Gadot, Affleck, and Cavill?

coluanprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 01:30 AM   #93
Hunter Rider
**** SHH's Lawyers
SHH! Administrator

I'd love to see Arrow and Flash connected to the movies, Amell in particular is excellent as Oliver Queen.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:52 AM   #94
Human Torch
The Boss in Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Guardian View Post
I feel like the main argument people have against connecting them is that they feel it would limit the movies and the shows.
I call bull.
Cannon, scaffolding, history adds substance to story. Interconnectedness yields a sense of realism in that the world doesn't feel newly created but rooted in all of the detail and content that has come before. We saw this brilliantly with Star Trek from the mid to late 90's. They had three shows running (TNG, DS9 and Voyager) as well as four films that each interwove each other in and out of the stories of the others. They built upon events in the other series' and showed the impact of the films in the series. This is the true strength of a connected universe, in that (unlike the Marvel films) the Star Trek franchise didn't have to avoid showing the characters from other series, in fact they crossed them over often and when logic dictated that the character appear.

I feel that this is exactly what could make the DC cinematic universe strong. Use this interconnectedness to build your stories, rather than being obstinate about it and wanting to do everything your way. "Oh well, they've already used Deathstroke and I don't like this one aspect of his backstory they used, so I want to do it all over again my way." That right there is the kind of thing that leads us to waste and reboots every five years.

We are T. H. E. M.
Human Torch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:58 AM   #95
Wise
Watchtower Janitor

No, not a chance, never ever.

HERESY!
Wise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:18 PM   #96
vantheman77
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by lc23 View Post
You're being sarcastic, right?
Nope. I stand by my words on it.

vantheman77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:20 PM   #97
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by vantheman77 View Post
Nope. I stand by my words on it.
I'm glad it shall nevah happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C. Lee View Post
You finally made me laugh you old rapscallion you.
Black BOND Crew#
Samuel Jackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:47 PM   #98
combocaz
Side-Kick

Nah keep tv shows and movies separate.

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
combocaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:14 PM   #99
Silliminite
Side-Kick

One benefit of having a shared universe is it will increase the viewers for the tv shows.

Silliminite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:24 PM   #100
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Since I'm still convinced we can have better versions of Flash and GA for the big screen, I voted no, although I do think the new Flash TV show looks decent.

Kevin Smith is offline   Reply With Quote