The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?
Yes 25 18.52%
No to Constanine, Yes to Flash & Arrow 29 21.48%
No to Flash & Arrow, Yes to Constantine 4 2.96%
I'll wait for Flash and Constantine to premiere before giving my final opinion 8 5.93%
No 69 51.11%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-19-2014, 02:33 PM   #101
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Default Re: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?

Yeah, i still haven't seen enough of Flash to judge properly but i think it's looking decent so far too. So i voted: I'll wait

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 02:50 PM   #102
Human Torch
I Yam What I Yam

Default Re: Do You Want Arrow, Flash, & Constantine Connected To Superman/Batman?

I wouldn't mind if there were two separate universes-DC cinema & DC TV.But you know they'll never guest Batman on Arrow or Superman on Flash.

If we got a proper Batman TV series instead of Gotham,and an eventual Superman show (c'mon he's due one.The guy had one per decade for years),add to that the proposed Amazon WW show (which has been shelved) we could have a great DC TV universe.

But it'll never happen,due to WB's shortsightedness.Hence,I'd rather they just share the movie/tv universes.

Old 05-19-2014, 02:55 PM   #103
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

No to Constantine connecting unless its a improved version of Totems. JLark reminds me why John worked better outside of the world of capes

Jason Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:18 PM   #104
Onslaught-
Side-Kick

I doubt we ever see an Arrow movie. Constantine is the only that would work. Zatanna could cross over to JL.

Onslaught- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:21 PM   #105
Mr_336
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Kane View Post
No to Constantine connecting unless its a improved version of Totems. JL: Dark reminds me why John works better outside of the world of capes
What he said!

Mr_336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:45 PM   #106
Winter Soldier
Banned User

We already got an admission from Diane Nelson that the DC movies and TV aren't connected.

Warner Bros. on a Caped Crusade
DC Comics Plots Film, TV Comeback vs. Disney's Marvel

Although she oversees the small but profitable comics business, where digital publishing has become a priority, Ms. Nelson’s (Diane Nelson) focus is coordinating a studio-wide DC strategy.

Her approach is the opposite of Marvel, which maintains a continuing narrative and cast of characters across all of its projects. Samuel L. Jackson, for instance, has appeared as superspy Nick Fury in “Avengers,” “Captain America: The Winter Soldier” and the TV show “Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.” Ms. Nelson has instead encouraged Warner producers to develop diverse and even contradictory takes. The Batman in “Superman vs Batman,” to be played by Ben Affleck, will be different from the one in “Gotham” and in coming direct-to-DVD animated movies and videogames. A kid-friendly version of Batman even appeared in February’s hit “The Lego Movie.”

It isn’t about a single approach to everything,” said Ms. Nelson. “It’s the right character matched with the right talent in the right medium.”

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/...05421209271680

So, no.

Winter Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 03:56 PM   #107
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Since I'm still convinced we can have better versions of Flash and GA for the big screen, I voted no, although I do think the new Flash TV show looks decent.
I hate saying this as a huge fan of Arrow... But yeah I agree with you. Both characters would benefit from a movie budget.

The more I think about it, I really want them separate. Give me Snyder's version of The Flash.

Rorschach2012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:00 PM   #108
Winter Soldier
Banned User

I want a big screen version of Deathstroke the Terminator badly. Could be a very popular villain. Perhaps as the villain of the next Batman solo film. The Arrow version has too much baggage.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:08 PM   #109
Monsterousness
Side-Kick

I don't think it really matters if we want to see it, it will NEVER happen. Viewership of arrow is WAY down, and I feel I zombie, flash, Constantine, and Gotham are going to follow suit. These shows just aren't catching on. Your going to need to see them be major hits before WB even gives the tv studios the time of day to hear them out. If by some miracle Arrow manages to pull through we could maybe see a made for TV movie (with no justice leaguers) but that's the very best you'll get. I'm not usually so pessimistic but the subject is open and shut here.

Monsterousness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:12 PM   #110
Rorschach2012
$

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winter Soldier View Post
I want a big screen version of Deathstroke the Terminator badly. Could be a very popular villain. Perhaps as the villain of the next Batman solo film. The Arrow version has too much baggage.
I love Arrow... but i agree.

Arrow is awesome, but the Deathstroke costume and The Flash costume are not movie quality... it'd be weird seeing those costumes being in the same universe as the Superman and Batman suits.

Obviously they could upgrade those suits should they decide to integrate those characters into the movies. But still, those previous costumes would still be in the past of the universe..

The difference in production values would be really distracting to me.

I want a DC tv universe and a DC film universe.

It's not like The Flash/Arrow look cheap, they look fantastic for tv, but MOS' budget is outrageous and it looks damn good...

I want an all out DC tv universe. Intro more major characters on the tv universe, don't let the DC film universe hold them back, they should be able to intro any characters that they want.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:18 PM   #111
Hunter Rider
Ronin

They could just give them upgraded costumes in the movie, it would be a shame to waste Amell in particular as he's done a great job as Ollie.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:21 PM   #112
bluerayer
The Steel Claw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
They could just give them upgraded costumes in the movie, it would be a shame to waste Amell in particular as he's done a great job as Ollie.
Yeah, i dont see how they could top Arrows Green Arrow with a movie-Green Arrow. Give him a beard?

I havent seen that much of Arrow but it seems to be an ok show.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
bluerayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:30 PM   #113
Llama_Shepherd
World's Finest

I really think they should have spun off a different character than Flash from Arrow. Because the Flash is likely to be in Justice League, he's one of the big 5. However, up until Justice League, there probably wouldn't be anything that would confirm Arrow as "out of continuity".

Diane Nelson could have let Arrow and another spinoff march along happily for a few years, and if viewership and reactions continue to go up, finally confirm connected universes by giving Green Arrow a cameo in Justice League, and then boom your universe just grew massively.

But a new Flash would just confirm Arrow's out of continuity status.

Llama_Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:40 PM   #114
Winter Soldier
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rorschach2012 View Post
I love Arrow... but i agree.

Arrow is awesome, but the Deathstroke costume and The Flash costume are not movie quality... it'd be weird seeing those costumes being in the same universe as the Superman and Batman suits.

Obviously they could upgrade those suits should they decide to integrate those characters into the movies. But still, those previous costumes would still be in the past of the universe..

The difference in production values would be really distracting to me.

I want a DC tv universe and a DC film universe.

It's not like The Flash/Arrow look cheap, they look fantastic for tv, but MOS' budget is outrageous and it looks damn good...

I want an all out DC tv universe. Intro more major characters on the tv universe, don't let the DC film universe hold them back, they should be able to intro any characters that they want.

It wasn't the costumes I was talking about. The baggage on Arrow's Slade is his whole Mirakuru + Shado love story thing, and him wanting revenge on Oliver.

The Arrow finale only pulled in 2.3 million viewers. That isn't enough to warrant keeping the same Deathstroke or Green Arrow for the film versions. The general masses in movie audiences would need to be introduced to these characters for the first time and see their origins on film..because Arrow's TV audience is tiny.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:43 PM   #115
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Felicity can leave Ollie for Bruce.

Old 05-19-2014, 04:46 PM   #116
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

And then return to Ollie after Bruce dumps her in exchange for Julie Madison.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
jonathancrane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2014, 04:48 PM   #117
Winter Soldier
Banned User

Quote:
Green Arrow is an easy role to cast though. Amell does okay for TV, but there are a lot of big screen actors that could probably do better if given the chance.

Especially if they go a different direction with the Green Arrow character and make him more like the hippy outspoken liberal GA from certain comics, who is more of a cocky, light-hearted wise-cracker. JLU got that right.

Arrow's 'Arrow' is basically a proxy for Nolan's Batman, which is fine. There's just room to go a different way.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:42 PM   #118
Rorschach2012
$

I was all for Matt Damon as GA back when that Supermax film was first announced

Amell would be so pissed if Damon gets cast as GA... or really, if anyone gets cast as GA for these Snyder films

Old 05-19-2014, 05:44 PM   #119
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Mr.Amell can cry himself to sleep all he wants, we all know Charlie Hunnam would play GA in live action film.

Old 05-19-2014, 05:55 PM   #120
Rorschach2012
$

Charlie Hunnam was horrible in Pacific Rim. That movie was just horrible in general actually.

i was all for him as a DC character before I saw that film. Love the dude on SOA tho

Old 05-19-2014, 06:36 PM   #121
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Green Arrow is an easy role to cast though. Amell does okay for TV, but there are a lot of big screen actors that could probably do better if given the chance.

Especially if they go a different direction with the Green Arrow character and make him more like the hippy outspoken liberal GA from certain comics, who is more of a cocky, light-hearted wise-cracker. JLU got that right.

Arrow's 'Arrow' is basically a proxy for Nolan's Batman, which is fine. There's just room to go a different way.
The current Green Arrow books are a lot closer to the show, I think the other version of GA was a character more of his time than this one, and Amell is easily as good as Cavill IMO.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 05-19-2014, 06:46 PM   #122
green

Quote:
The current Green Arrow books are a lot closer to the show, I think the other version of GA was a character more of his time than this one, and Amell is easily as good as Cavill IMO.
I honestly like Amell, it's the baggage the rest of the show would bring I personally wouldn't care for. I find it similar to the case of Welling and Smallville. While I think Tom would have made a good Superman I really never wanted to see Smallville the movie ever.
Sure the case could be made that they would just use Amell and not anyone else from Arrow but I really don't think they should limit themselves in anyway if they do decide to introduce Green Arrow.
Just my 2 cents.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:49 PM   #123
Winter Soldier
Banned User

Quote:
That's not saying much. But Cavill was just in a better place prior to Man Of Steel. He had been the lead in films before, and was a finalist in the previous rounds for the Superman role. Amell is a TV actor. CWs Arrow is really his biggest break.

I agree that Arrow represents the young, New 52 version of the character in the new comics. But I think there's room to go a completely different way on the big screen and give us the previous version I described above. The one more in alignment with the JLU GA that fans loved.

Snyder is giving us a Batman inspired by the 80s Frank Miller version, so its possible we can avoid this New 52 stuff on the big screen. To be honest, I'm not a fan of anything that has come from the New 52 at the moment. IMO I think the best comicbook material that DC has to work with comes from the 80s and early 90s.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:58 PM   #124
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by green View Post
I honestly like Amell, it's the baggage the rest of the show would bring I personally wouldn't care for. I find it similar to the case of Welling and Smallville. While I think Tom would have made a good Superman I really never wanted to see Smallville the movie ever.
Sure the case could be made that they would just use Amell and not anyone else from Arrow but I really don't think they should limit themselves in anyway if they do decide to introduce Green Arrow.
Just my 2 cents.
I'm a big fan of the show, I enjoy it more than most of the recent movie offerings in truth, however I wasn't really thinking of an Arrow movie, just of Arrow on the JL team by himself.

Quote:
That's not saying much. But Cavill was just in a better place prior to Man Of Steel. He had been the lead in films before, and was a finalist in the previous rounds for the Superman role. Amell is a TV actor. CWs Arrow is really his biggest break.

I agree that Arrow represents the young, New 52 version of the character in the new comics. But I think there's room to go a completely different way on the big screen and give us the previous version I described above. The one more in alignment with the JLU GA that fans loved.

Snyder is giving us a Batman inspired by the 80s Frank Miller version, so its possible we can avoid this New 52 stuff on the big screen. To be honest, I'm not a fan of anything that has come from the New 52 at the moment. IMO I think the best comicbook material that DC has to work with comes from the 80s and early 90s.
I don't think there's such a thing as a TV or movie actor or that it dsenotes whether you are a good actor or not, they are all just actors, being on TV doesn't mean you're inferior to the guys in movies, that's the same flawed argument as box office success equals a good film. I really don't think you need to be a huge star to play Green Arrow in a JL movie.

As for the rest, I respect that man, personally the show made me a much bigger Green Arrow fan as he wasn't one of my favourites before, so my preference lies there and it's the version I'd rather see in a JL movie.

Old 05-19-2014, 06:59 PM   #125
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

Quote:
it is a waste. i don't understand why some seem to think that being on tv would give the film universe, cooties or something. even if it is CW. cavill was on tudors on showtime. many wanted brian cranston as luthor and he as many here know was on breaking bad. both of those tv shows could end at some point soon, and from that they can jump into the filmverse.