The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-14-2014, 05:44 PM   #101
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Default Re: The Official Jason Momoa Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I hope the name he goes by is Orin, not Arthur.
Why not both?

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Heís much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Heís Everyman operating on a sciĖfi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 06-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #102
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
that's perfect!

keep the beard as well
Yes, keep the beard. And if they have Momoa go blonde to some extent, and make it look great, I'd prefer that. Both lighter hair and the beard differentiates him from the other Leaguers. Surely they won't have the entire team with dark hair (not sure who's gonna be flash or gl, maybe they'd have blonde or red hair, just something different to make the JL visually interesting).

Old 06-14-2014, 06:16 PM   #103
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loki882 View Post
The GA, and probably a lot of comic book fans, aren't going to care what color his hair is as long as he does well in the role. Just like they don't care that blonde-haired Daniel Craig is playing dark-haired James Bond, or that Amy Adams kept her red hair for MOS. Most people don't obsess of minor aesthetic choices like that.
Unless it involves Superman.

Old 06-14-2014, 06:58 PM   #104
michael1975
Side-Kick

You guys realize this is just a rumor it hasn't been established that he is indeed playing Aquman. I think he would make a better Aries then Aquman.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:00 PM   #105
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1975 View Post
You guys realize this is just a rumor it hasn't been established that he is indeed playing Aquman. I think he would make a better Aries then Aquman.
yup

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-14-2014, 07:24 PM   #106
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael1975 View Post
If we want to discuss BvS, we pretty much only have rumors to go on. Speculation is fun!

I agree Momoa would make an excellent villain...but Aquaman has been lampooned so much they really need to cast a badass actor to counteract the longstanding Aquaman jokes. Momoa can accomplish that, and then some.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:29 PM   #107
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

I don't care either way if he's cast as Aquaman or not. What I care about is that Aquaman is potentially in this "on it's way to being overstuffed" movie...

I'm cool with Bats & Supes being the main players in this quasi-MOS sequel but they need to stop adding heroes until a a proper JL film.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:34 PM   #108
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post
I don't care either way if he's cast as Aquaman or not. What I care about is that Aquaman is potentially in this "on it's way to being overstuffed" movie...

I'm cool with Bats & Supes being the main players in this quasi-MOS sequel but they need to stop adding heroes until a a proper JL film.
Many of these characters are just going to make a brief appearance in BvS so we shouldnt get too concerned about an "overstuffed movie" IMO. I bet 85-90 % will feature the main two.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-14-2014, 07:36 PM   #109
roach
I am the night

Overstuffed???
with 9 characters???
Really???

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 06-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #110
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Many of these characters are just going to make a brief appearance in BvS so we shouldnt get too concerned about an "overstuffed movie" IMO. I bet 85-90 % will feature the main two.
The problem with a brief cameo of an unestablished hero is that we likely won't connect or care about them and their cause. I have issue with a cameo as much as a chunky par for this reason.

Old 06-14-2014, 07:42 PM   #111
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I hope the name he goes by is Orin, not Arthur.
At least he should start by that name
I'd love it if he goes by the name Arthur later, I think it is inspired by his human heritage

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 06-14-2014, 07:47 PM   #112
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
The problem with a brief cameo of an unestablished hero is that we likely won't connect or care about them and their cause. I have issue with a cameo as much as a chunky par for this reason.
Maybe so, but a majority of the audience who will be going to see this movie will know who the other characters are. Even just a quick appearance or scene will plant the seed for JL.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-14-2014, 07:48 PM   #113
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Overstuffed???
with 9 characters???
Really???
Go figure. I think people are looking at any new castmember brought in as someone who is going to get Cavill/Affleck-level screentime. Momoa and the kid playing Cyborg probably have smaller roles leading to larger roles in the ensemble in JL.

H.E.(R?)
Old 06-14-2014, 07:50 PM   #114
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:

Have you noticed that most of the leaguers are only cameos to the JL Movie? Supes and Bats are the ones that this movie is about. maybe we have a cliffhanger like some sites said that lead us to multiple hero support and connect to the JL movie. But we don't know much for sure.
And also do you know that a JL movie is following this movie?

Old 06-14-2014, 07:53 PM   #115
John-An
Gal/Margot World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Go figure. I think people are looking at any new castmember brought in as someone who is going to get Cavill/Affleck-level screentime. Momoa and the kid playing Cyborg probably have smaller roles leading to larger roles in the ensemble in JL.
Exactly. This is a Superman/Batman movie. then a JL follows. I don't understand some complaining with so little information.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:02 PM   #116
Spider-Aziz
Shinya Kogami

The "overstuffed" is a point of criticism to be often taken sometimes by a grain of salt
It's not like the extras will have too much focus on them, overshadowing the main three characetrs, or the story

~*SHH SIX*~
member 14: Supa-Pizza
H.E
Old 06-14-2014, 08:08 PM   #117
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

Exactly Cyborg reportedly is only in one scens, and from this report Aquaman will only have a minimal presence. Though this kind of makes me hope JL will eb about Atlantis/Themyscira war spilling over into the main lands. I'd have them eventually settle their dispute and join forces to defeat Starro, but that's just me.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 06-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #118
Magic Man
Can't Touch Dis!

The Trinity has been described as the only lead roles in BvS.

For all we, Aquaman and other heroes could appear only in a post-credits bonus scene.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:20 PM   #119
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magic Man View Post
The Trinity has been described as the only lead roles in BvS.

For all we, Aquaman and other heroes could appear only in a post-credits bonus scene.
I don't think we're going to hear about their involvement in the film if it's limited only to a post-credit scene, but yeah, I highly doubt they're going to be major players in the film.

H.E.(R?)
Old 06-14-2014, 08:21 PM   #120
Glassjaw
In training

Just because parts for Cyborg, Aquaman and co are going to be small, doesn't mean they shouldn't be cause for concern. Hopefully Synder and co are too wise to let this be another Iron Man 2, but that is the danger.

It doesn't matter if the roles are small, if these cameos come across as nothing but cheap advertising for a Justice League film and had no business being in a film about Superman and Batman, the quality over all will suffer. If this was the first film to add extra characters I'd be worried as hell, luckily there are films which have pulled it off badly, and well, so the precedence for Synder and the writers is set - do it this way, not that way.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:22 PM   #121
Paradox1
Side-Kick

Everytime I think of Cyborg and Aquaman in this. I imagine it going down like a Predator movie. Only when the main antagonist is finally beaten do the others show their faces.

"Wars are never won, regardless of who might be the victor. The very act of war is itself a horrible defeat." Guardian of the Universe "Battleground: Oa!" Green Lantern, 1st Silver Age series, #127, Denny O'Neil)
Old 06-14-2014, 08:24 PM   #122
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glassjaw View Post
Just because parts for Cyborg, Aquaman and co are going to be small, doesn't mean they shouldn't be cause for concern. Hopefully Synder and co are too wise to let this be another Iron Man 2, but that is the danger.

It doesn't matter if the roles are small, if these cameos come across as nothing but cheap advertising for a Justice League film and had no business being in a film about Superman and Batman, the quality over all will suffer. If this was the first film to add extra characters I'd be worried as hell, luckily there are films which have pulled it off badly, and well, so the precedence for Synder and the writers is set - do it this way, not that way.
The name of this movie is Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. That dawn part also means that it will be the launching of the Justice League.

Old 06-14-2014, 08:36 PM   #123
combocaz
Side-Kick

It will be a huge relief for jason when WB comes out and says "yea hes aquaman". He must be sick and tired of being asked and having to lie. Im more sick and tired with people saying "take this with a grain of salt"

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
Old 06-14-2014, 08:38 PM   #124
combocaz
Side-Kick

Cyborg -Ray Fisher
Aquaman -Jason Momoa
The Flash Ezra Miller
Green Lantern ?????
Old 06-14-2014, 08:46 PM   #125
ShoguN
"Handsome & Wealthy"

Quote:
speak for yourself

Closed Thread