The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: Do you think Affleck is a good choice?
Yes 172 74.14%
No 60 25.86%
Voters: 232. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2014, 08:51 AM   #676
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Default Re: Ben Affleck IS Batman - - Part 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
...The pic of Cavill I posted for comparison is also a candid pic. Not a shirtless scene with a pump, lighting, etc.

From both of their recent candid pics, it's clear that Cavill is on a whole different level.
Very much so when going on observance of the images posted on these boards.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:53 AM   #677
Citadel30
Local Boob

Do you have the link to that comparison? i can't find it and am interested to see it. thanks!

I will openly admit that Cavill is freakish huge - but Ben is looking pretty big as well. I hope when the DVD comes out we get to see them working out together or training together to see how they got in shape and how they stack up against each other during a training session.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:54 AM   #678
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Cavill looks freakish huge but Ben is also much taller than him, so Cavill would still look smaller in a side-by-side pic.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 06-09-2014, 08:55 AM   #679
GreenKToo
In the fire

Ben looks awesome. Much better than i thought he would. I didnt want a hulking batman, but I wanted bigger than keaton, and to an extent, bale.
Ben does that for me.
Imho batman shouldnt be all muscle because he relies on quickness and stealt h more than brute strength. it would be almost comical seeing a huge muscled up batman trying to be, well,.batman.
Hes gonna be pushing it the way it is.

Old 06-09-2014, 08:56 AM   #680
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citadel30 View Post
Do you have the link to that comparison? i can't find it and am interested to see it. thanks!

I will openly admit that Cavill is freakish huge - but Ben is looking pretty big as well. I hope when the DVD comes out we get to see them working out together or training together to see how they got in shape and how they stack up against each other during a training session.
I have little doubt that Cavill is more devoted than Affleck. IMO based on the MoS extras and BTS videos, his commitment was up there with Stallone and Schwarzenegger in role prep. Not to mention Gym Jones in his corner.

For now I'm going to say it's unlikely Affleck (and backed pretty heavily by the candid photos we've seen) will have the same commitment for his role. I'll change my mind when similar photos or videos surface as those of Cavill for MoS.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:03 AM   #681
Citadel30
Local Boob

Quote:
Originally Posted by lukebrodyg View Post
I have little doubt that Cavill is more devoted than Affleck. IMO based on the MoS extras and BTS videos, his commitment was up there with Stallone and Schwarzenegger in role prep. Not to mention Gym Jones in his corner.

For now I'm going to say it's unlikely Affleck (and backed pretty heavily by the candid photos we've seen) will have the same commitment for his role. I'll change my mind when similar photos or videos surface as those of Cavill for MoS.
what makes you think Ben is less committed? Its much harder for a 40 year old man to gain muscle than it is for a late 20s, early 30s guy doing the same workouts.

that being said - I agree, i want to see the picts and the only way this really gets resolved is when we see them in a promo pic standing face to face. (or BatBen looking down at Supes- which would be pretty intimidating)

Old 06-09-2014, 09:13 AM   #682
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

It's all pointless when you consider, regardless of what shape either man is in, they are both going to look pretty equal physically in the film.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 06-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #683
Citadel30
Local Boob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
It's all pointless when you consider, regardless of what shape either man is in, they are both going to look pretty equal physically in the film.
I concur.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:14 AM   #684
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
what makes you think Ben is less committed? Its much harder for a 40 year old man to gain muscle than it is for a late 20s, early 30s guy doing the same workouts.

that being said - I agree, i want to see the picts and the only way this really gets resolved is when we see them in a promo pic standing face to face. (or BatBen looking down at Supes- which would be pretty intimidating)
It may sound (read) like it, but I'm not being critical of Affleck. My comment is simply because Cavill's commitment in both visual evidence and by his own proclamation makes me think that ANY actor regardless of age would have a hard time competing with Cavill's devotion and passion to preparing for their role as he did for his as Superman.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:16 AM   #685
lukebrodyg
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharkboy View Post
And since both (yes, both) will have padding in their respective costumes.

Old 06-09-2014, 09:57 AM   #686
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
In Ben's defense - everytime we are seeing Cavill shirtless in the movie and on the behind the scenes DVD footage- they were all scenes where he either just got done working out to prepare for a shirtless scene or doing some workouts to show how big he got during his training regiment. Anyone who works out a ton knows that you are your biggest when you are just finishing a workout and your muscles are pumped with blood. Ben looks pretty big in these candid shots and what i really like seeing is the vein on his bicep which means his body fat % is low. what that means is that when he is doing a workout and gets a "pump", his muscles will really look full and swollen.

i think he will compare well to Cavill in a movie scene shirtless if they are both pumped.
Nobody's taking about shirtless pictures. People are saying that you can look diesel even normally, without a pump, in casual clothes, if you are truly built.

Look at recent pictures of Cavill below.

Or former Snyder hero Gerard Butler.

These guys looks very built even in casual settings. People are saying Affleck is not close to this level which is true. He's not at a superhero level yet, atleast from the pictures.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:03 AM   #687
Raelis Shae
Wayside Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by slumcat View Post
Nobody's taking about shirtless pictures. People are saying that you can look diesel even normally, without a pump, in casual clothes, if you are truly built.

Look at recent pictures of Cavill below.

Isn't it possible that Henry's wearing his old shirts (which are kinda small now)?

But yeah he does look more pumped than Ben in regular clothes.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:11 AM   #688
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
Its much harder for a 40 year old man to gain muscle than it is for a late 20s, early 30s guy doing the same workouts.
I think Hollywood is truly pushing the limits in those terms - Gerard Butler, Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig, Aaron Eckhart, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Stephen Lang, etc. etc. are all still very built and they are all older than Affleck.

Affleck might still surprise us all, but its not like age is not on his side, people are now keeping up in awesome shape upto even their 50's now.

Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #689
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
I think Hollywood is truly pushing the limits in those terms - Gerard Butler, Hugh Jackman, Daniel Craig, Aaron Eckhart, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Stephen Lang, etc. etc. are all still very built and they are all older than Affleck.
People have different body types. They can work out the same amount, with the same intensity, and get different results.

But I'm not worried. Affleck looks plenty big enough for the role to me.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:15 AM   #690
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Even Mel Gibson got jacked for the new Expendibles movie...and he's almost 60!

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-09-2014, 10:16 AM   #691
BatFan1979
The Fan Batman Needs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
People have different body types. They can work out the same amount, with the same intensity, and get different results.

But I'm not worried. Affleck looks plenty big enough for the role to me.
I'm not worried either - Ben's in fine shape.

As much as it pains me to admit it, I kinda agree with zryson.
~ Naked Bat
Old 06-09-2014, 10:18 AM   #692
boocherhix
Jack Donaghy's Love Child

Woah, Mel looks pretty ripped indeed.

"I've yet to see any demons on the ward, and I'm particularly observant. So go back to your lab & make me a pill that can cure madness or I'll kick your ass so hard you'll be able to build a pool in the footprint. Understood?" ~ Dean Learner, Garth Marenghi's Darkplace.
Old 06-09-2014, 10:26 AM   #693
John-An
The Man of Tomorrow

The justice kids?

Old 06-09-2014, 10:46 AM   #694
Spider-Aziz
SUPERMAN

Ben Affleck is the easiest to recognize there

Old 06-09-2014, 11:01 AM   #695
The Man of HEEL
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatFan1979 View Post
Even Mel Gibson got jacked for the new Expendibles movie...and he's almost 60!
This is a bit misleading for a few reasons:

- Mel is likely on GH or Steroids for this shoot, because a man of his age cannot recover fast enough to warrant those sort of gains.
- He looks built, but is likely leaving the gym and from the look of his arms, it was a tricep day. His triceps are at a pump. Triceps are actually the biggest factor in making an arm look big, not the bicep. The bicep muscle itself is actually quite small in comparison. It should be the last thing to train if you are focusing on arms. People focus on biceps when they should be focusing more on shoulders and triceps, and not to forget the forearms. Look at the vascularity (vein action) going on in his shoulders and you'll see that he's been focusing on his shoulders, too.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:12 AM   #696
Citadel30
Local Boob

Quote:

Affleck might still surprise us all, but its not like age is not on his side, people are now keeping up in awesome shape upto even their 50's now.
I agree that Hollywood is most definitely getting these older actors juiced (no pun intended ) for their roles in ways that a 20 years ago would have been tougher to do. But it IS still harder for an older guy to get as swoll - whether on "go-go juice" or not.

Old 06-09-2014, 11:38 AM   #697
RectusErectus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
Ben Affleck is the easiest to recognize there
Looks like Jamie Lee Curtis

Old 06-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #698
shauner111
Side-Kick

Gibson was the guy i wanted for a Bruce Wayne who was between the age of 55 and 70.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #699
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Gibson would be a great Batman Beyond Bruce.

Old 06-09-2014, 12:05 PM   #700
Maze
Proud AquaMomoa inventor

Yup i can see that. I wanted him for Wolverine.

Closed Thread