The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 04:06 AM   #51
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
I think the whole "they will stumble, they will fall, but in time they will join you in the sun" thing applies to Hardy and the military guys he personally saves in the movie.

At first they try to kill him, but because he selflessly sticks his neck out for them, he earns their trust, and they save the world together.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsKent26 View Post
I think they should have at least touched on people "joining him in the sum." I feel it was too early for him to be fully accepted or cheered for, but they should have hinted more at what is hopefully to come.

I've said this before, but oh well: During the scene that had supes clinging to Lois after killing Zod, he should have heard a cry for help and snapped out of his gloom. He would then start pulling people out of the rubble and helping them. People would be scared at first because all they had seen was him and someone else wreaking havoc. But after seeing him help others, more would come out and start calling out to him. Superman would appear emotional as well, partly because of these events and partly because he was witnessing humanity start to trust him.
Agreed...Jor-el's line could also be in reference to how Superman may become the leader of the Justice League after many trials beforehand.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:14 AM   #52
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Also, in regards to the comments regarding the final battle with Zod...yeah, I agree with those who had issues with it.

I think the only reason why I bear with it is because of the great music that Zimmer composed for the scene.

Wasn't it rumored or said somewhere that in the original MOS script, the final fight really wasn't that long and strenuous and that it's only because of a great pitch that Snyder made to warner Bros that allowed him to get some more funding in order to create a larger fighting sequence between Zod and Superman?

In any case, honestly...I've said this once and I'll say it again, if you're going to do a big battle scene like that....one should always hire ILM or WETA in order to take care of the effects for sequences like that, and utilize as much wire work as you can...while filming on some actual real locations for it in order to help make it look more real to its full extent.

Snyder filming the entire thing behind green screen while having a junk effects company taking care of the effects was not the right way to go.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:16 AM   #53
SofNascimento
Banned User

He he he.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:18 AM   #54
zryson
Banned User

Cool fan photo-manip - haven't seen that one before! Thanks.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:20 AM   #55
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Cute. Totally inaccurate but cute.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:23 AM   #56
Charlatan
Side-Kick

Godzilla is the good guy too.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:25 AM   #57
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

It's very interesting to see what remains in the public consciousness. Man of Steel will probably always have this (inaccurate) legacy.

Reminds me of the ending of Lost.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:26 AM   #58
zryson
Banned User

Considering all the misery and destruction Man of Steel brought to the world it would be a gigantic miss-fire for the writers not to mine the material for the new film.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:27 AM   #59
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

It's just so old and it's such a double standard. In Avengers and in the entirety of the Nolan Bat films villains cause major mayhem and destruction. THE VILLAINS. And no one is blaming those super heroes for said destruction. THE EXACT SAME STANDARD APPLIES TO MOS. In fact Superman does not DESTROY Metropolis' midtown. Fact. FACT. FACT!!!! Yet.... Here we are, with people still piling on the film for actions and events that NEVER HAPPEN IN THE FILM'S RUNNING TIME.

He truly proved that every person has the potential to be a force for good in this life. So anyone that reads this, do me a favor... Call your parents.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:30 AM   #60
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Agreed...Jor-el's line could also be in reference to how Superman may become the leader of the Justice League after many trials beforehand.
Jor-el's line can be applied to how he pretty much took charge and helped the military fight off Zod and his WE. Superman didn't save the world all by himself although he did all of the heavy lifting.

it could also referring to the fact that he inspires other powered humans to use their abilities to help humanity...not so much leading the JL but inspiring them to be heroes themselves.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-20-2014, 04:31 AM   #61
KRYPTON INC.
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
Considering all the misery and destruction Man of Steel brought to the world it would be a gigantic miss-fire for the writers not to mine the material for the new film.
The misery Superman brought to the world? You mean by saving every person on the planet to live another day? Zod in the Zone....

That's it. I'm done for the day....

Old 05-20-2014, 04:33 AM   #62
Verick808
Side-Kick

I just watched Godzilla the other night and I can say that is completely inaccurate. Ridiculously so in fact. ...Godzilla was a boss though.

Last edited by Verick808; 05-20-2014 at 04:44 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:37 AM   #63
zryson
Banned User

I didnt say Superman - I was talking about the general destruction in the movie.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 AM   #64
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRYPTON INC. View Post
It's just so old and it's such a double standard. In Avengers and in the entirety of the Nolan Bat films villains cause major mayhem and destruction. THE VILLAINS. And no one is blaming those super heroes for said destruction. THE EXACT SAME STANDARD APPLIES TO MOS. In fact Superman does not DESTROY Metropolis' midtown. Fact. FACT. FACT!!!! Yet.... Here we are, with people still piling on the film for actions and events that NEVER HAPPEN IN THE FILM'S RUNNING TIME.
I just watched the MOS finale and very little of the destruction is caused by Superman...most of the destruction in the final fight is Zod throwing I'm through buildings. In fact during the space scene Superman tried to throw Zod into deep space but someone's satellite prevented it from happening (Thanks Batman).

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-20-2014, 04:39 AM   #65
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
I didnt say Superman - I was talking about the general destruction in the movie.
I have no doubt that it will be used.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:40 AM   #66
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
This is what happens when things get repeated so much they become accepted as fact.

No matter how much the double standard is pointed out, people will continue to spew misinformation sadly.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:44 AM   #67
FeedOnATreeFrog
A Metal Gear reference

I would love for his actions in Man of Steel to be validated or clarified, perhaps with news reports or a character referencing the alien craft creating a massive crater in Metropolis.

But they could still use the misinterpretation in the story as well. Perhaps Lex Luthor on TV spins it like Superman knocked down half of Metropolis, while Lois, watching the tv , expresses her frustration at the misinformation.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Lois: "What is he blind?! The alien craft destroyed the city, dumbass!"

Clark: "....it's alright Lois. Don't worry about it".

Lex (on TV): "and not only Metropolis, but the small town of Smallville as well. Farmland. A 2 million dollar silo, a ....)

Lois: "Are you kidding me? Zod tackled him into that!"

Superman: "....well actually...."

Lois: "....-__- ..really? You gotta throw me something here Clark..."

Superman: "uh....but I helped them rebuild it afterwards?"

Lois: "Exactly. See? You're not a menace. You're...Superman!"

Superman: "It's fine Lois. It's going to take time".

/end cheesy fanfic

Last edited by FeedOnATreeFrog; 05-20-2014 at 04:50 AM.
Old 05-20-2014, 04:47 AM   #68
roach
I am the night

Quote:
I would love for his actions in Man of Steel to be validated or clarified, perhaps with news reports or a character referencing the alien craft creating a massive crater in Metropolis.

But they could still use the misinterpretation in the story as well. Perhaps Lex Luthor on TV spins it like Superman knocked down half of Metropolis, while Lois, watching the tv , expresses her frustration at the misinformation.

Lois: "What is he blind?! The alien craft destroyed the city, dumbass!"

Clark: "....it's alright Lois. Don't worry about it".

Lex (on TV): "and not only Metropolis, but the small town of Smallville as well. Farmland. A 2 million dollar silo, a ....)

Lois: "Are you kidding me? Zod tackled him into that silo!"

Superman: "....well actually...."

Lois: "......really?...

Superman: "uh....but I helped them rebuild it afterwards?"

Lois: "Exactly. See? You're not a menace. You're...Superman!"

Superman: "It's fine Lois. It's going to take time".
I'd rather they just tell a story instead of trying to "talk" to the people who missed the point in the first place.

Old 05-20-2014, 04:52 AM   #69
SofNascimento
Banned User

Quote:
It's very interesting to see what remains in the public consciousness. Man of Steel will probably always have this (inaccurate) legacy.
Well, the blame lays with the film.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:03 AM   #70
sportjames23
Side-Kick

Quote:

This needs to be repeated ad nauseum until it finally sinks in with some people.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:05 AM   #71
jmc
callin' it like I see it

Quote:
It's not whether it's Superman or Zod causing the mayhem, it's about whether there's any substance beyond the mayhem.

Fanboys make excuses, real fans acknowledge screw-ups.

Do me a favour - don't break up my posts into multiple quotes when replying, I won't answer back.
Old 05-20-2014, 05:08 AM   #72
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SofNascimento View Post

He he he.
Haha that's funny. Even funnier is the one's here quick to call 'inaccurate'! Even if that's true, so much of the discussion about MOS on general sites away from the Hype (ie people with far less stake in it than us) like Reddit and such, was about this. So the truth of it doesn't really matter. That was the conversation. Damage done.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:15 AM   #73
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
So the truth of it doesn't really matter.

Welp, that's enough Hype for me this morning.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:19 AM   #74
PacificBoy
Side-Kick

I don't get what's so wrong with the 'mixed' reception of the destruction if it gets people talking about the movie, which it has.

If MoS was about depicting what would really happen if a being like Superman existed in our midst and clashes with another such being on essentially his first outing as a superhero, then wouldn't our mixed response to it meant the movie has accomplished that depiction to a degree?

Old 05-20-2014, 05:22 AM   #75
SofNascimento
Banned User

There is no double standard. There is just the films and how they present their story. People weren't saying The Avengers destroyed New York or that Batman screwed Gotham up because those movies within their own tone and story managed to make the heroes look like the heroes.

Man of Steel did not, or at lest not effectively. They couldn't developed Superman into a hero and the result was that the stand out of the film for a lot of people was the destruction seeing in it.

Of course Superman is no more to blame than Thor in Avengers for example, but that's not the point. The problem is in how the film showed it, not in what.

Closed Thread