The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-20-2014, 07:03 AM   #101
roach
I am the night

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - Part 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by zryson View Post
The reaction to the suit reveal has been very mixed - it did create the whole Sad Batman viral sensation though.
very mixed????
I would say it was overwhelmingly positive with a minority that didn't like it. Just because people make a meme about it doesn't mean they hate it.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-20-2014, 07:04 AM   #102
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
especially after this was dropped into our laps

The coolest looking Batman I've ever seen. Now we just need to see Wonder Woman.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #103
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Cassidy View Post
The coolest looking Batman I've ever seen. Now we just need to see Wonder Woman.
I am hoping they hold off on that...once I see the WW suit I will begin my self imposed news blackout on this film. I'll probably not come into these boards again.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-20-2014, 07:05 AM   #104
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
very mixed????
I would say it was overwhelmingly positive with a minority that didn't like it. Just because people make a meme about it doesn't mean they hate it.
It seems mixed because, like usual, people who don't like something don't stop talking about it.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:06 AM   #105
zryson
Banned User

Hi roach, its up for the filmmakers to convince the audience they have a project worthy of rallying for. And I do give each new film a chance but its hard to top classics.

And yes the reaction has been very mixed - some people liked it, some loved it. Many remain unconvinced - which is natural, its going to take a lot more than some black and white picture to turn around public reaction.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:07 AM   #106
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
I am hoping they hold off on that...once I see the WW suit I will begin my self imposed news blackout on this film. I'll probably not come into these boards again.
I'll hang around, since I don't really have anything else to do.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:10 AM   #107
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

These boards have been rejuvenated, thanks to filming; I'll be sticking with them way after the film's release.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 05-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #108
Superman_200
Superman

Quote:
Someone should really get all the professional writers and directors from these boards to make every superhero movie from here on out.
I think so! Comic book writers are not better than Hollywood writers and neither are the ones on these boards. No offense to anyone, but there is a reason why the guys in Hollywood make that much money and the majority of comic book writers just do that, write comics.

One of my favorite things about the movie was that there WAS destruction, it is the only thing that really made sense. How is it a threat to the world if Superman saves everyone or people barely get hurt? Did they want Zod to blow on some people and form a little hurricane where people only fall but no one dies? Would that have been better? Or people standing around looking at the destruction and buying ice cream and working at KFC while the world is being destroyed like they didn't notice anything?

At least in Man of Steel no one as standing around behind barricades (like in Superman II or Spider-Man looking at cops shooting at people or whatever from behind barricades. Hi, bullets can hit people through barricades. And is it just me or in Spider-Man did the police just travel with barricades and set them up in an instant so people could watch cops shoot at the electric guy or whatever the threat was? I don't know why the hero in the movie needs to have an audience in the movie watching him do what he does. Do we, the audience need to see another audience in the movie cheering for the hero also? An audience looking at an audience looking at the hero is not necessary.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:12 AM   #109
DA_Champion
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
These boards have been rejuvenated, thanks to filming; I'll be sticking with them way after the film's release.
Don't make predictions for 2017, you don't know where your life will be :-)

Old 05-20-2014, 07:13 AM   #110
zryson
Banned User

When it comes to the reveals/articles, I'm all in favor of them since I love them. For me it doesnt ruin the excitement, just adds to the expectation and its also fun hearing about other people's opinions on what they are expecting/wanting to see in the movie.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #111
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

I only like other people's opinions if they are the same as mine.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:16 AM   #112
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
Thank you for uploading those quotes roach. Either way I am confident the Donner films will remain the benchmark/standard when it comes to Superman on film.
To stubborn and nostalgic fans, I'm sure they will.

Quote:
The reaction to the suit reveal has been very mixed - it did create the whole Sad Batman viral sensation though.
I don't see the correlation between some memes and the quality of the suit.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:17 AM   #113
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Hi roach, its up for the filmmakers to convince the audience they have a project worthy of rallying for. And I do give each new film a chance but its hard to top classics.

And yes the reaction has been very mixed - some people liked it, some loved it. Many remain unconvinced - which is natural, its going to take a lot more than some black and white picture to turn around public reaction.
again. I don't think it's mixed. My travels around the inter webs have shown a favorable opinion of the suit. However let's go to our bat suit thread and check the poll (as of right now)
157 people said they like it...that's 65.97%
63 people said it was good...26.47%
16 people said meh...6.72%
2 people said they didn't like it.....84%

now I realize that this website doesn't speak for everybody but do those numbers say mixed to you?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:18 AM   #114
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dont think it was mixed. In fact reactions are mostly positive and has been trending very well on the Internet this past week (just look at the polls on this forum and others) . Just because a handful of folks, who more than likely don't want to see any CBM's or, in particular, the DC pictures succeed doesn't mean that what they have done so far with this production has failed. The data is just saying the opposite.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:19 AM   #115
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Someone should really get all the professional writers and directors from these boards to make every superhero movie from here on out.
This is kind of a cop-out and a bit unfair though. We're here to discuss these films are we not?

And I'm sick of the MOS discussion too. I think we all are. But since the most we have to go on for BvS is what has been established with that film, the discussion is still valid.

It's just people trying to dissect why MOS got such an unfair assault online and from critics last year. Especially when all these other genre film showed similar visuals and got off scotch-free and universally lauded. There's a distinction here, and it's Zack Snyder. And if we want BvS to be the best it can be and recognize Snyder's growth it's pointing out where he needs to improve.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:20 AM   #116
D.P.
Banned User

Quote:
again. I don't think it's mixed. My travels around the inter webs have shown a favorable opinion of the suit. However let's go to our bat suit thread and check the poll (as of right now)
157 people said they like it...that's 65.97%
63 people said it was good...26.47%
16 people said meh...6.72%
2 people said they didn't like it.....84%

now I realize that this website doesn't speak for everybody but do those numbers say mixed to you?
In before:

This board is a small sample size...

We are just hardcore fans...

Well, the rest of the internet is saying...

Old 05-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #117
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

edit

Old 05-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #118
zryson
Banned User

Like yourself roach, I also travel around the web chatting to lots of friends and people and yes the reaction has been mixed. People notice and observe different things - which is natural. I personally dont understand the Sad Batman thing - He's supposed to be sad and intense. If anything I would be more alarmed had they uploaded a smiling Batman, y'know? But again WB are wanting to turn around the negative press, which I completely understand which is partly why the release was done so early. But for myself its hard to get excited by b&w - I want something in color.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:21 AM   #119
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
It's just people trying to dissect why MOS got such an unfair assault online and from critics last year. Especially when all these other genre film showed similar visuals and got off scotch-free and universally lauded. There's a distinction here, and it's Zack Snyder. And if we want BvS to be the best it can be and recognize Snyder's growth it's pointing out where he needs to improve.
But pointing out where Snyder needs to improve on a website he more than likely doesn't read means nothing.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #120
D.P.
Banned User

A Sad Batman meme is not indicative of the suit having a bad or "mixed" reaction.

I'm not sure how well traveled on the internet you are, but people make memes out of everything and anything. They're just poking fun of the brooding nature of Batman, which is not a new phenomenon.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #121
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
But pointing out where Snyder needs to improve on a website he more than likely doesn't read means nothing.
Everything we post on here means nothing.

But it's what we can gather, discuss, agree/disagree upon, adds to appreciation and understanding of these films and the strength and weaknesses of the people behind them.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:24 AM   #122
Jake Cassidy
Side-Kick

Quote:
This is kind of a cop-out and a bit unfair though. We're here to discuss these films are we not?

And I'm sick of the MOS discussion too. I think we all are. But since the most we have to go on for BvS is what has been established with that film, the discussion is still valid.

I was kidding. I thought it was obvious, but I will be a little bit more clear, next time, for the humourless posters.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:25 AM   #123
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Like yourself roach, I also travel around the web chatting to lots of friends and people and yes the reaction has been mixed. People notice and observe different things - which is natural. I personally dont understand the Sad Batman thing - He's supposed to be sad and intense. If anything I would be more alarmed had they uploaded a smiling Batman, y'know? But again WB are wanting to turn around the negative press, which I completely understand which is partly why the release was done so early. But for myself its hard to get excited by b&w - I want something in color.
The general feeling of your friends and people may be mixed but that does not mean the overall feeling on the suit is mixed. If my friends and I loved Catwoman and everyone else did not...does that mean the overall consensus is that Catwoman is/was loved???

What negative press was WB trying to turn around?

Old 05-20-2014, 07:26 AM   #124
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
I was kidding. I thought it was obvious, but I will be a little bit more clear, next time, for the humourless posters.
Sorry. I'm Aussie too by the way, so cheers.

Old 05-20-2014, 07:26 AM   #125
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:

It got such an unfair result from critics because it wasn't what they were expecting from a Superman film. The truth of the matter is thst the film was a box office success and garnered the confidence from the studio execs to make a sequel, and if rumors are indeed true, a third picture, which will be the Superman and the Justice League.