The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > Spider-Man 1, 2 & 3

Closed Thread

Old 05-26-2014, 06:45 PM   #51
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Default Re: Is there a possibility of an Raimi's Spider-Man returning?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom75 View Post
I'd love to see an animated Spidey movie with Raimi behind it and with Tobey,Kirsten and company doing the voices. That would be pretty neat,I think.
That would be cool.

Old 05-26-2014, 06:46 PM   #52
Spider-Fan
Puppet tangled in strings
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by GwensNeckBrace View Post
I hope you're not insinuating that Raimi's films were "doing it the right way", because if you are, oh boy ....
And if he is? What then?

Old 05-27-2014, 03:19 AM   #53
Lord
All Mighty

There's a reason Raimi's films were doing so well in the box office.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 05-27-2014, 05:09 AM   #54
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
SONY shot themselves in the foot by rebooting, this way they can't even bring back the old Raimi storyline to see if fans can come back. Their original decision was obviously inspired by Batman Begins, they just didn't realise that the film series wasn't even broken yet in order to pull off a stunt like that.
They tried too hard to please people in ASM2. They brought back camp to an extent. Look how that turned out. Raimi is the last thing on their minds. They went through all that trouble to bring Webb back, obviously he's coming back for 3. Say what you like, but ASM and ASM2 are considered good, not TDK or TWS level but pretty good. The idea that "It can not be saved" or "That's two strikes for this franchise" is simply not true.

The reason for rebooting wasn't that the franchise was f***ed beyond repair even if SM3 has gotten some very harsh, probably too harsh backlash (see Empire readers worst films ever). It was because the longevity of the series had gone.

Look at SM4, it had 3 rewrites in the space of 3 years. Raimi was never satisfied with it and it was never always envisioned to go on for 4 films. What do you do when that director leaves, as does your lead and nobody can actually move the franchise forward? You reboot.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Old 05-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #55
Oscorp
Side-Kick

Quote:
There's a reason Raimi's films were doing so well in the box office.
I'm sorry but this kind of box office argument seems to always be taylored for whatever film one likes. Apparently it shows quality in the case of Raimi's films, but it definitely doesn't when it comes to Bay's Transformers. And when the box office drops for one film it matters a lot, but in other cases not.

Old 05-27-2014, 11:43 AM   #56
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
I'm sorry but this kind of box office argument seems to always be taylored for whatever film one likes. Apparently it shows quality in the case of Raimi's films, but it definitely doesn't when it comes to Bay's Transformers. And when the box office drops for one film it matters a lot, but in other cases not.

Spider-Man 3 made the most in the trilogy. Must be the best film. Spider-Man 2 made the least. Must be the worst.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]I'll bet you 40% of DC's film slate either wont be released or pushed back!
Old 05-27-2014, 12:30 PM   #57
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
They tried too hard to please people in ASM2. They brought back camp to an extent. Look how that turned out. Raimi is the last thing on their minds. They went through all that trouble to bring Webb back, obviously he's coming back for 3. Say what you like, but ASM and ASM2 are considered good, not TDK or TWS level but pretty good. The idea that "It can not be saved" or "That's two strikes for this franchise" is simply not true.

The reason for rebooting wasn't that the franchise was f***ed beyond repair even if SM3 has gotten some very harsh, probably too harsh backlash (see Empire readers worst films ever). It was because the longevity of the series had gone.
I don't see where my post was arguing against that

Quote:
Look at SM4, it had 3 rewrites in the space of 3 years. Raimi was never satisfied with it and it was never always envisioned to go on for 4 films. What do you do when that director leaves, as does your lead and nobody can actually move the franchise forward? You reboot.
It had to do with the date, he wanted the date The Amazing Spider-Man was released, or one year before that, but the studio wanted it sooner, from there it's obvious that they were desperate for a reboot, and when Sam Raimi left he even told them to go on with the reboot they were already planning. Sam Raimi needed some more time, the studio didn't allow that, the reboot wasn't their last resort, it almost seems like they were more interested in it than Spdier-Man 4.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscorp View Post
Uhm, did i talk about quality? No! I said that the Raimi films connected with people, getting something like that rebooted so soon will just make many lose interest. It also doesn't help when even with a bigger budget, i see the general public talking about how fake this new Spider-Man looks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Goblin View Post
Spider-Man 3 made the most in the trilogy. Must be the best film. Spider-Man 2 made the least. Must be the worst.
Look, more generalisation

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 05-27-2014, 03:00 PM   #58
Green Goblin
Past, Present and Future

Quote:

It had to do with the date, he wanted the date The Amazing Spider-Man was released, or one year before that, but the studio wanted it sooner, from there it's obvious that they were desperate for a reboot, and when Sam Raimi left he even told them to go on with the reboot they were already planning. Sam Raimi needed some more time, the studio didn't allow that, the reboot wasn't their last resort, it almost seems like they were more interested in it than Spdier-Man 4.

Uhm, did i talk about quality? No! I said that the Raimi films connected with people, getting something like that rebooted so soon will just make many lose interest. It also doesn't help when even with a bigger budget, i see the general public talking about how fake this new Spider-Man looks.

Look, more generalisation
They didn't give Raimi more time because they don't own Spider-Man. There was four scripts, all three were apparantly weak so Raimi just didn't waste anyone's time.

I'm not generalising. I'm pointing out flaws in your argument. This "connection" has been in domestic decline since SM1. Lets save this for ASM2 box office thread.

Old 05-27-2014, 05:08 PM   #59
Spidey-Lad93
Side-Kick

I loved The Sam Rami films but we need to move on

Old 05-27-2014, 05:41 PM   #60
Visualiza
What is a yout?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spidey-Lad93 View Post
I loved The Sam Rami films but we need to move on
Normally I'd agree, but you're in a forum and thread dedicated to his movies; there's nothing wrong with harmless speculation and discussion. With respect, I think you should speak for yourself on this one.

Old 06-16-2014, 02:44 AM   #61
Venus
Side-Kick

I'd love a Spider Man 4 but it's very unlikely

Old 06-17-2014, 02:20 PM   #62
Uncle Radiation
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurm... View Post
Is there a possibility of an Raimi's Spider-Man returning?
That's what Amazing Spider-Man 2 was, Avi Arad trying to resurrect the Raimi style.

Old 06-30-2014, 03:08 AM   #63
Leenie
Make Up!

I love the first two Raimi Spider-Man movies. I love them to pieces. Spider-Man 3, while a disappointment, wasn't terrible (and I don't consider it to be a franchise-ender either). A handful of years ago I would have loved a Spider-Man 4. I just think it's too late now. The damage is done.

I'm so sour about the current state of the Spider-Man movies that I just don't want any more to come out for a really long time. Period.

Also, I highly doubt we'll see a Spider-Man 4 with Raimi as the director and with the original cast. We might see a Spider-Man 4 in 20 years or so if there are any Bryan Singers out there who want to do a sequel a la Superman Returns.

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Old 06-30-2014, 09:50 PM   #64
Piper Maru
Rides Again

Raimi's trilogy is far better than the reboot. There are things that I like about Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, but I feel they fall apart.

Old 06-30-2014, 09:52 PM   #65
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

I used to like SM1, but the horrible CGI and costume for Goblin make it damn near unwatchable, which is a shame, as it has a near perfect cast (save for Dunst.)

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 08-17-2014, 12:36 AM   #66
GoodYoung
Side-Kick

If they want to make the movie that's worse than TASM2 then yeah, they should get Sam back.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #67
OriginalMiles
Mary had a little lamb

I think I'd like to see an animated version of Spider-Man 4.... I don't know why

SHH6+Perry9
Old 08-17-2014, 12:46 AM   #68
GoodYoung
Side-Kick

The CGI and terrible Goblin design are not the reasons why this movie is unwatchable.

Old 08-17-2014, 12:47 AM   #69
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Radiation View Post
That's what Amazing Spider-Man 2 was, Avi Arad trying to resurrect the Raimi style.
It failed. He shouldn't be trying to copy someone else's greatness anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
I love the first two Raimi Spider-Man movies. I love them to pieces. Spider-Man 3, while a disappointment, wasn't terrible (and I don't consider it to be a franchise-ender either). A handful of years ago I would have loved a Spider-Man 4. I just think it's too late now. The damage is done.

I'm so sour about the current state of the Spider-Man movies that I just don't want any more to come out for a really long time. Period.

Also, I highly doubt we'll see a Spider-Man 4 with Raimi as the director and with the original cast. We might see a Spider-Man 4 in 20 years or so if there are any Bryan Singers out there who want to do a sequel a la Superman Returns.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piper Maru View Post
Raimi's trilogy is far better than the reboot. There are things that I like about Amazing Spider-Man 1 & 2, but I feel they fall apart.
Agreed with both of you.

Old 08-17-2014, 01:34 AM   #70
Spider-knight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I believe anyone can do a better job than raimi. In fact like David Fincher or bryan singer would handle spidey better than raimi.

The raimi films while great don't seem to be as much of a godsend people make it put to be nor worth all the trouble

Old 08-17-2014, 04:44 AM   #71
BRAB
Eaten by the Lizard Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-knight View Post
I believe anyone can do a better job than raimi. In fact like David Fincher or bryan singer would handle spidey better than raimi.

The raimi films while great don't seem to be as much of a godsend people make it put to be nor worth all the trouble

WHAT

BRAB's Quote(s) of the Week:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Ock View Post
Knight, sometimes you should read the stuff you actually write. It doesnt make sense at all.
Quote:
Makes sense to me
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Ock View Post
At least it makes sense to somebody.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:43 AM   #72
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Octopus View Post
It failed. He shouldn't be trying to copy someone else's greatness anyway.
When Raimi wasn't doing action or just visual along with music his style was often cringeworthy to say the least

Last edited by GuestStar2004; 08-17-2014 at 05:49 AM.
Old 08-17-2014, 05:51 AM   #73
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:

You are a lot kinder then I am

Old 08-17-2014, 08:57 AM   #74
Spider-knight
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I'm not a huge fan of Raimi's tone of the movie and I think only 1 didn't age well with a really terrible opening that played itself out like a cartoon, tobey never evolving much of a person, some of the dialogue being mediocre and with the end dialogue with MJ just cringeworthy, and tobey's Peter was just bland

Old 08-17-2014, 09:30 AM   #75
Doctor Octopus
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
When Raimi wasn't doing action or just visual along with music his style was often cringeworthy to say the least
If that were true his movies wouldn't be as critically successful as they are. Audiences and critics just wouldn't respond so highly to that twice in a row. It would be more accurate to say that about Marc Webb Spider-Man movies, although even with his music and action scenes there was cringeworthy times, too.

Closed Thread