The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #76
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Default Re: All Things Superman and Batman: An Open Discussion - - - - Part 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
Age of Ultron doesn't sound menacing at all because people don't know what an Ultron is anyway.

Age of Apocalypse is a better version of that title format.

All of Marvel's preceding movies were Avengers commercials.
People like us will know what Ultron is. Those that don't can infer by the title that Ultron is powerful enough to usher in an "age."

As for your last part...they weren't that at all. No reason to bring Marvel's name into this anyway.

I don't thing BvSoJ is supposed to be menacing. The critiques outside of SHH all seem to point to the "v" as being the problem, not the subtitle.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #77
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

And Winter Soldier was the ultimate Avengers commercial but it was awesome so I didn't give a ****.

It's not that I don't have worries about BvS because I do have a lot of worries I'm just too old for the nerd overraction now. I'm almost 30 and still trying to get a job, I just can't get up in arms over yet another bad Superhero movie title.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:35 PM   #78
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
What if we thought we were getting a Superman trilogy when we were really getting a Justice League Trilogy?
You mean from the start? If that were the case, I think they would have used that to hype Man of Steel. I think this whole idea came during the downtime do to the delay of MoS.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:36 PM   #79
roach
I am the night

"Dawn" is the new "Dark"

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #80
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
As for your last part...they weren't that at all. No reason to bring Marvel's name into this anyway.
Oh people can always find a reason to take a cheap shot at MS, whether it's relevant to the current discussion or not.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-21-2014, 02:37 PM   #81
doink
Moonlight Legend

"Batman v. Superman: Dawn of Justice"
I see what you did there WB And if you're going to have a vs. title then just own up to it and use vs., or call it Batman/Superman, anything other than v., this isn't a court case...

At least it's not "Man of Steel: Battle the Knight" or w/e

Old 05-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #82
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

By the way, it looks like they will be burning through Cavill's contract pretty quickly. If BvS and JL are successful, well he is going to cost quite a bit to keep around. He is also going to have aged quite a bit between MOS filming and JL film. What is going to be be, possibly 5, 6 years since he filmed MOS?

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
And Winter Soldier was the ultimate Avengers commercial but it was awesome so I didn't give a ****.

It's not that I don't have worries about BvS because I do have a lot of worries I'm just too old for the nerd overraction now. I'm almost 30 and still trying to get a job, I just can't get up in arms over yet another bad Superhero movie title.
So you agree it is a bad title.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #83
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Snyder and Whedon should just combine all the heroes and be done with it. Destroy the goddamn world! But the fans would still find something to complain about.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #84
LuisTX85
SeŮor Zorro

The title is cheesy/corny but it's on the same level as any comic book/graphic novel title that feature these characters and so I don't see what's the big deal for a CBM adaption on them.

The hate this movie keeps getting is f'n depressing and it's no fun being here often,I can just imagine the nitpick sand stupidity once the teaser trailer hits and when official film shots are released in color then there will be extreme bi******g about the color scheme on the suits

Old 05-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #85
Fallen Angel
Earth Bound

I don't like the title myself but frikin hell all this argument over a title.

It's done now none of us can change it.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:40 PM   #86
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

Logo looks sweet but the title's really lame. Definitely feels like a Justice League Prequel title - a generic one at that - and doesn't make sense on its own merits; implying Justice hasn't ever happened yet. Like if you're gonna wink at JL, it should still stand literally. Unless they're choosing to reflect Batman's ideology or something.

I dunno, maybe just with all this time they've sat on it I was figuring it'd be something creative. Batman v Superman is already meh, but the subtitle is entirely unnecessary other than winking at Justice League.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
I will say this in defense of the subtitle, and the argument that its merely bait for JLA:

Marvel did the EXACT same thing with "Captain America: The First Avenger". So there is a precedent for inserting a tease for a team up movie in a title.
Yeah, but it was really lame when they did that too. I mean they at least had the excuse that Cap's name wasn't really gonna fly in most OS countries for his first outing, but still. The only recent subtitle I've been into is The Winter Soldier and maybe Age of Ultron. "The Dark World" was even moreso comically generic.

Nevertheless, at the end of the day it's just a title I suppose. With an interesting cast and a competent screenwriter now in the picture, I'm still waiting on the next piece of news (albeit with much trepidation since MOS).

Old 05-21-2014, 02:41 PM   #87
jonathancrane
I love Marvel, DC & EC!

For the record - and specifically to Roach-I wanted to admit I was incorrect in my over-the-top response to Goyer's comments. I listened to the podcast and heard it was not in a serious environment. My bad.

"I've known since I first took over the series that I wanted to eventually have someone else pick up the hammer," says the writer. "It's kind of a time-honored Thor tradition at this point, isn't it? Going back to the days of Beta Ray Bill."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geoff Johns
ďAt DC, we really see film and TV as separate worlds."
Old 05-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #88
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
For the record - and specifically to Roach-I wanted to admit I was incorrect in my over-the-top response to Goyer's comments. I listened to the podcast and heard it was not in a serious environment. My bad.
Is this about the She Hulk thing? people are going ape**** on another forum I frequent.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 05-21-2014, 02:42 PM   #89
C. Lee
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Just so you know....start Marvel Vs DC crap in here...you take a vacation.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #90
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonathancrane View Post
dude no worries

I am always amazed that we have the wealth of human knowledge at our finger tips and we never use them.

There seems to be a grave misunderstanding in todayís protest-hungry world of entertainment fans into how far their opinion should really matter. You donít like a story? Thatís fine Ė donít read a story. Former Marvel editor Tom Brennan
Old 05-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #91
DorneyDave
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
The title is cheesy/corny but it's on the same level as any comic book/graphic novel title that feature these characters and so I don't see what's the big deal for a CBM adaption on them.

The hate this movie keeps getting is f'n depressing and it's no fun being here often,I can just imagine the nitpick sand stupidity once the teaser trailer hits and when official film shots are released in color then there will be extreme bi******g about the color scheme on the suits
I honestly think I'm going to have to step away from all internet related discussion for this movie soon.

It's getting so damn annoying. You can't even talk about the movie without the same old tired crap coming up.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #92
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
By the way, it looks like they will be burning through Cavill's contract pretty quickly. If BvS and JL are successful, well he is going to cost quite a bit to keep around. He is also going to have aged quite a bit between MOS filming and JL film. What is going to be be, possibly 5, 6 years since he filmed MOS?

So you agree it is a bad title.
I never even insinuated that I liked the title. I like the title as much as I liked Batman Begins title.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #93
roach
I am the night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Is this about the She Hulk thing? people are going ape**** on another forum I frequent.
yep

Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #94
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

I don't like the Vs but otherwise this title is no worse than any of the 100 I've heard suggested for this film. And I can't think of a good name for it either. The DoJ stops this being an outright dumb Vs title anyway so I'm fine with it now. Roll on 2016!

Old 05-21-2014, 02:44 PM   #95
Samuel Jackson
Bad MF

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoredGuy View Post
It should be:

Batman V. The Board of Education
DC version of 12 Angry Men. Superman is on trial for the murder of Zod. Batman and WW are on the jury.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #96
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom View Post
Seems pretty obvious at this point.

And once again people will jump to any conclusion just to take a shot at this movie. Not too long ago, people were crying about WB dragging its feet. Now WB plans to set the Justice League table with this movie, and now it's just a shallow commercial for that film.

If you feel that way, save yourself $15 and a trip to the cinema. Simple solution to your problem.

Was Empire Strikes back just a prequel to Return of the Jedi?
Was Two Towers just a prequel to Return of the King?
Was The Half-Blood Prince just a prequel to The Deathly Hallows?

This is nothing new to cinema, folks. It's called a saga. One chapter leads into another, while also serving as its own contained story. If BvS can succeed at both, then this is a complete and total non-issue.

But hey, let's just jump ahead two years and assume the worst, without seeing a single frame from the movie. I'm glad this fanbase stays true to form year-in and year-out.
There is a big difference between a films that a made simply to set up another film, and installments in a saga. Just look at Star Wars. We got both. The OT film were fully realized stories in their own rights, where as the prequels didn't get there until RotS.

Now if BvS works as a sequel to MOS and sets up JL perfectly, like I hope it will, I will be happy as all get out. But I will still dislike this title.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #97
roach
I am the night

Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

confirmation WB changed Wonder Woman's name from Diana to Dawn

Old 05-21-2014, 02:45 PM   #98
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DorneyDave View Post
I honestly think I'm going to have to step away from all internet related discussion for this movie soon.

It's getting so damn annoying. You can't even talk about the movie without the same old tired crap coming up.
I'm honestly considering the same thing. I may just stick to the News Thread and lay off discussion for a while.

The defensiveness and merry-go-round nature of this place, despite multiple mod warnings, is wearing incredibly thin. Heaven forbid people actually ****ing listen to what they are told, to the benefit and enjoyment of their fellow members.

Last edited by Boom; 05-21-2014 at 02:50 PM.
Old 05-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #99
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I never even insinuated that I liked the title. I like the title as much as I liked Batman Begins title.
Stop being cryptic Sundance.

Old 05-21-2014, 02:46 PM   #100
LibidoLoca
Sensually Delicious

Quote:
Originally Posted by roach View Post
Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice

confirmation WB changed Wonder Woman's name from Diana to Dawn
Now don't you start. CBM will surely run this story with teagone's manips as insider sketches of Diana's costume.

Closed Thread