The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: ¿What did you think of the Batsuit?
Love it!! Best Batsuit so far, even if we haven't seen it in color. 157 65.97%
It's good, need to see more to jude it. 63 26.47%
Meh. 16 6.72%
Don't like it. 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 06:35 AM   #976
lujho
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
The large "classic" Batarangs don't really seem practical to me. Firstly, they're quite large and I don't see how he can carry more than one or two in his belt, and secondly, how do they even work? They seem to be sharp enough to cut ropes, lodge into walls, etc, but when he throws them at people how are they not lethal?

The shuriken concept makes much more sense, looks better, and is a nice homage to his ninja roots.
He should have a variety of sizes for different purposes. Larger ones for stunning would be blunt rather than bladed.

Old 07-18-2014, 06:40 AM   #977
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
Remember when there was debate whether Ben's suit was more padded then just it being him? Is it safe to assume that it IS mostly all him in that suit?

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
There's no way to really know without measuring the padding itself, but I don't think ANY padding in a Superhero suit since Spider-Man has done much to add THAT much apparent size to the actor. I guess the padding would range from a few millimetres to half and inch in thickness at most to add definition, and Affleck's is probably the same.

What I'm really curious about is whether we'll see whatever armour his Batman is wearing under the cloth at all? I'm assuming it'll look something like the unpainted Begins suit, but with all the forms being anatomically correct.

Old 07-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #978
Mrs. Wayne

Quote:
Originally Posted by lujho View Post
There's no way to really know without measuring the padding itself, but I don't think ANY padding in a Superhero suit since Spider-Man has done much to add THAT much apparent size to the actor. I guess the padding would range from a few millimetres to half and inch in thickness at most to add definition, and Affleck's is probably the same.

What I'm really curious about is whether we'll see whatever armour his Batman is wearing under the cloth at all? I'm assuming it'll look something like the unpainted Begins suit, but with all the forms being anatomically correct.
Yea I've been wondering about the armour too? The suit he's wearing in the pic doesn't look like it offers any great protection,but I could be wrong though. There were rumors that he would have a second suit though, maybe that suit has ALL types of armour.

"Mad indeed would I be to expect it, in a case where my very senses reject their own evidence. Yet mad, am I not -- and very surely do I not dream. But tomorrow I die, and today I would unburthen my soul."

"Anyone could just choose to read comic books all the time and when people are like, ‘What about literature?’ you’ll be like, ‘Whatever man!’"-Ezra Miller.
Old 07-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #979
afan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
The large "classic" Batarangs don't really seem practical to me. Firstly, they're quite large and I don't see how he can carry more than one or two in his belt, and secondly, how do they even work? They seem to be sharp enough to cut ropes, lodge into walls, etc, but when he throws them at people how are they not lethal?

The shuriken concept makes much more sense, looks better, and is a nice homage to his ninja roots.
Batarangs are so named because when thrown they return to Batman...... like their name sake boomerang does.....this was crucial to throwing lines/ropes and having them wrap around poles etc...... as the batarang carried thru it's returning arc the line would be restrained by the pole or what have you and the batarang would spin around the restraining structure wrapping and securing the line. Seems like with the grapple gun that function certainly is obsolete.

I agree and the shuriken concept is now the function of the "throwing" non-returning bat-things....but that also gives obsolesence to the term batarang......

Last edited by afan; 07-18-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 07-18-2014, 10:54 AM   #980
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

The Year One Batarangs are awesome, and I think they'd translate really well to live action.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:50 PM   #981
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazarddude View Post
Yea I've been wondering about the armour too? The suit he's wearing in the pic doesn't look like it offers any great protection,but I could be wrong though. There were rumors that he would have a second suit though, maybe that suit has ALL types of armour.
I'm just thinking that there's something UNDER the cloth that's meant to be more than just a human body, because the shape of the pectorals is clearly unnatural.

Old 07-18-2014, 01:54 PM   #982
lujho
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by afan View Post
Batarangs are so named because when thrown they return to Batman...... like their name sake boomerang does.....this was crucial to throwing lines/ropes and having them wrap around poles etc...... as the batarang carried thru it's returning arc the line would be restrained by the pole or what have you and the batarang would spin around the restraining structure wrapping and securing the line. Seems like with the grapple gun that function certainly is obsolete.

I agree and the shuriken concept is now the function of the "throwing" non-returning bat-things....but that also gives obsolesence to the term batarang......
A real boomerang is a throwing stick, and the "coming back" aspect of them is just a novelty trick that never played any part in their practical use.

Sure, the term "to boomerang" has come to mean to come back, but real boomerangs are just things you throw at a target to stun/hurt them. They don't come back in that context. Once they hit something, the returning path is ended. Plus, a returning boomerang takes a huge, indirect path that would be really useless in combat situations.

So a batarang doesn't have to return for it to legitimately be called a batarang.

Last edited by lujho; 07-18-2014 at 01:57 PM.
Old 07-18-2014, 02:25 PM   #983
hafizbat
Wild Cherry

I actually like the old bat-bolas. They're real old-school, and I doubt Batman would carry them now, with all the new, cutting edge tech he has. But I always liked seeing him throw a bola at an escaping enemy's legs, tripping him up.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:47 PM   #984
regwec
Make Mine Marble

Remember the blow-pipe from Year One? Would love to see Bats using that nina-****.

Love Freedom?
Old 07-18-2014, 03:06 PM   #985
batmanao23
WB ain't messin'

Didn't that happen already in TDKR?

Old 07-18-2014, 03:19 PM   #986
regwec
Make Mine Marble

Did it?

I have only seen the movie twice, and can't say I remember it. Link, anyone?

Love Freedom?
Old 07-18-2014, 03:25 PM   #987
Boom
I got nothin'

He did. They were basically even smaller versions of the batarang, but one of the wing tips was elongated like a needle.

Old 07-18-2014, 03:28 PM   #988
regwec
Make Mine Marble

Right, but nor a blow-pipe? That was what I was talking about.

Love Freedom?
Old 07-18-2014, 03:55 PM   #989
Boom
I got nothin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Right, but nor a blow-pipe? That was what I was talking about.
Nope.

And frankly, given the shape of them, and the way they stuck in the mercs' necks, they really didn't make all that much sense.

Old 07-18-2014, 04:54 PM   #990
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread