The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice > Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice

View Poll Results: ¿What did you think of the Batsuit?
Love it!! Best Batsuit so far, even if we haven't seen it in color. 157 65.97%
It's good, need to see more to jude it. 63 26.47%
Meh. 16 6.72%
Don't like it. 2 0.84%
Voters: 238. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-24-2014, 02:45 PM   #101
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Batsuit Thread - - - - - Part 21

I'm not sure where the fascination with the "fabric over body armor" comes from?

To me that manip looks pretty much like the Begins suit/armor but with some material wrapped over it instead of the paint job like in Begins.

I don't see why that's such an impactful difference?

Old 05-24-2014, 02:57 PM   #102
regwec
Shakespearo

Come off it. It's the cloth suit that many of us have always wanted; those who claimed we would never get it should be gracious enough not to pretend that it is the same old rubber thing again.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:06 PM   #103
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

But it's not really a cloth suit is it?

It seems to me what the hardcore "cloth suit fans" wanted was something more akin to the Batman Dead End suit.

It's pretty obvious the new Batman suit is not so different from past Batman suits with the element of that material over it (which is some sort of rubber in itself). I'm not criticizing the suit but I don't think it's some revolution over what we've seen in the past. Especially with regards to the Begins suit.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:18 PM   #104
MrsKent26
Whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post

It seems to me what the hardcore "cloth suit fans" wanted was something more akin to the Batman Dead End suit.

It's pretty obvious the new Batman suit is not so different from past Batman suits with the element of that material over it (which is some sort of rubber in itself). I'm not criticizing the suit but I don't think it's some revolution over what we've seen in the past. Especially with regards to the Begins suit.
They look pretty different to me.

\S/T*
Old 05-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #105
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Well, Mr. Malone.. I would have to disagree with you..
This suit is fabric.. on top off foam muscles glued to spandex..
That has never been done before with Batman.
This new suit is exactly what I was waiting for. I do not mind what came before, I just like that the Bat suit, finally... Followed the path that was started with the Raimi's Spiderman suit.
It is not a heavy wet suit of rubber, like the ones that have come before...
I liked the effort of "Dead End".. But it still looked like a guy wearing Adam West's outfit .. Add a cool cowl.. And a guy in better shape..

What they have done with Ben is a whole new ball game for Batman..
And I am happy that we finally got what we have been waiting for..

Old 05-24-2014, 03:21 PM   #106
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by regwec View Post
Come off it. It's the cloth suit that many of us have always wanted; those who claimed we would never get it should be gracious enough not to pretend that it is the same old rubber thing again.
I second this..

Old 05-24-2014, 03:27 PM   #107
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Finger View Post
Well, Mr. Malone.. I would have to disagree with you..
This suit is fabric.. on top off foam muscles glued to spandex..
That has never been done before with Batman.

This new suit is exactly what I was waiting for. I do not mind what came before, I just like that the Bat suit, finally... Followed the path that was started with the Raimi's Spiderman suit.
It is not a heavy wet suit of rubber, like the ones that have come before...
I liked the effort of "Dead End".. But it still looked like a guy wearing Adam West's outfit .. Add a cool cowl.. And a guy in better shape..

What they have done with Ben is a whole new ball game for Batman..
And I am happy that we finally got what we have been waiting for..
Where did you get the info for the specifics of what the costume is made of? has that info really been released yet?

I think the suit looks nice but just based on what I've seen from the released photo it doesn't look that far off again from the Begins suit but with an added fabric like layer over it.

I'll wait for further released images of the suit and more detail into its construction before I give my final judgement on it.

Old 05-24-2014, 03:29 PM   #108
MrsKent26
Whatever.

^ Those are still pretty different. One is clearly a cloth material and has a more sculpted cowl in the neck area than the other. The cape attachments are also different.

\S/T*
Old 05-24-2014, 03:36 PM   #109
Mr. Finger
Side-Kick

No different than some thinking that Mr. Garfield didn't wear anything under his suit.. Di you see the pic on the previous page?
I get curious.. And I search..
I promise you that this new Batsuit is not a sculpted and moulded foam latex suit like "BB".. Or '89, "BR", "BF", "B&R", "Watchmen"..

To me? The fabric looks sewn on to the muscle suit, so that the muscles Will be more pronounced.. And the wrinkles on the surface can be held in place by design for some.. Left loose to move organically in other places..

Beautiful work, and the more I stare at it? The more I like it..

Last edited by Mr. Finger; 05-24-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Old 05-24-2014, 03:42 PM   #110
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

The details come from someone on another site who claims to have seen it. He described it perfectly weeks before the image was released, so he has some credibility, but who knows. But just basing it off of the picture, the two suits are night and day, IMO.

Edit: At least I think that's where the info came from

Romans 8:38-39
Old 05-24-2014, 03:47 PM   #111
slumcat
The Non-Judgmentalist

Quote:
No different than some thinking that Mr. Garfield didn't wear anything under his suit.. Di you see the pic on the previous page?
I get curious.. And I search..
I promise you that this new Batsuit is not a sculpted and moulded foam latex suit like "BB".. Or '89, "BR", "BF", "B&R", "Watchmen"..

To me? It looks sewn on to the muscle suit, to the the muscles Re more pronounced.. And the wrinkles on the surface can be held in place by design for some.. Left loose to move organically in other places..

Beautiful work, and the more I stare at it? The more I like it..
Yep the wrinkles can actually be part of the design. Cavill's MOS suit also had some wrinkles at the armpit, indicating an actual material suit and not some plastic mold. He also had a vein popping over his bicep which was of course built INTO the suit as a dramatic effect.

But I too will reserve judgement and like to see more pictures of the suit, specially as to how the texture interacts with light. Will it look like velvet or leather or spandex? We'll have to see.

And how will it look in a brightly lit outdoor day light scene?

All this remains to be seen.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:42 PM   #112
bunk
superhero fan

People have mentioned that the Dead End costume soon looked cool--hardly anyone ever tried to make the case that particular look would be ideal for a major motion picture.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:48 PM   #113
regwec
Shakespearo

Quote:
I don't believe that's even what you believe. For the last ten or so years, those of us who argued that a more accurate Batsuit was possible had to endlessly clarify that we didn't want "spandex" or "pyjamas" in the face of insistence that we wanted that very thing. It is frankly dishonest to selectively forget the last ten years, and pretend that the Dead End suit was what we were clamouring for all along.

The pseudo-techy heavy black rubber wetsuits are dead. Long live the Batsuit.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:51 PM   #114
Jason Kane
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't believe that's even what you believe. For the last ten or so years, those of us who argued that a more accurate Batsuit was possible had to endlessly clarify that we didn't want "spandex" or "pyjamas" in the face of insistence that we wanted that very thing. It is frankly dishonest to selectively forget the last ten years, and pretend that the Dead End suit was what we were clamouring for all along.

Old 05-24-2014, 04:56 PM   #115
HUMANIMAL

MY FANART AND MANIPS
Old 05-24-2014, 04:57 PM   #116
Captain Villa
Side-Kick

Quote:
I do not have a pic of the under suit for "TAS2", but this is a pic of the muscles that Garfield wore the first time around. I was told that the second time around was similar, but more was added to the upper back.. the rest was streamlined. The biceps and triceps were minimized.. And actually removed for certain scenes (biceps and triceps that is) for the new film. Not to go off topic, but you did inquire..

Rather than be a smart arse ..... That's obviously Maguires muscle suit as the 2 suits from SM3 are hanging next to it.

Showtime is ace.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:07 PM   #117
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
It's pretty obvious the new Batman suit is not so different from past Batman suits
Except in that it looks like Batman.

Also? Hilarious this, hilarious that, I win and you lose.
Old 05-24-2014, 05:10 PM   #118
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:

The end of Swatman and the brutal excision of X-Men: The Last Stand all in the same month... what a deeply satisfying feeling.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:15 PM   #119
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saint View Post
Really? They've all looked like Batman to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMANIMAL View Post
Exactly.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Old 05-24-2014, 05:21 PM   #120
InJustice
Side-Kick

Quote:
Except a lot of people consider Keaton's and Bale's look to be Batman too. Let's not generalize here.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:45 PM   #121
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by InJustice View Post
Except a lot of people consider Keaton's and Bale's look to be Batman too. Let's not generalize here.
You will notice that I made no claim to speak for anyone other than myself.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:48 PM   #122
regwec
Shakespearo

Boy, it's refreshing and helpful to be told that your opinion is your opinion.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:49 PM   #123
BatScot
Mon the Hoops!

Quote:

Dazed & Confused indeed.

Old 05-24-2014, 05:55 PM   #124
Saint
The Devil's Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatScot View Post
Does anyone really think the Nolan films would have suffered significantly singly on the basis of Bale having worn something resembling the BvS batsuit?
Actually, yes. Now, I will say that Bale could have easily worn a more faithful costume (I think Bunk's concepts from back in the day represent the ideal balance between the classic costume and the nature of the Nolan films), but not this particular costume.

It's the same reason The Wolverine went off the rails for me when suddenly a giant robot samurai appeared at the end. I've got no problem with robo-samurai, just like I've got no problem with to-the-letter comic book costumes--but a robo-samurai did not belong in that particular film.

I think this costume would stick out like a sore thumb in the Nolan films. A costume somewhere in between, though, would have been fine, and infinitely preferable to what we got.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:01 PM   #125
Sharkboy
Tell em Steve-Dave

Quote:
Actually, yes. Now, I will say that Bale could have easily worn a more faithful costume (I think Bunk's concepts from back in the day represent the ideal balance between the classic costume and the nature of the Nolan films), but not this particular costume.

It's the same reason The Wolverine went off the rails for me when suddenly a giant robot samurai appeared at the end. I've got no problem with robo-samurai, just like I've got no problem with to-the-letter comic book costumes--but a robo-samurai did not belong in that particular film.

I think this costume would stick out like a sore thumb in the Nolan films. A costume somewhere in between, though, would have been fine, and infinitely preferable to what we got.
The only time I think a more stripped down fabric centric "natural" Bat costume would have worked was in the third act of TDKR when Bruce comes back, other than that i think that suit worked perfectly for him and the film.

How faithful can you get anyway, doesn't the costume change all the time? The Batman Dead End costume pretty "faithful" and it looked horribly cheap and kooky in live action.

1-The Dark Knight/2-The Dark Knight Rises/3-Batman Begins/4-Guardians of the Galaxy/5-X-Men: Days of Future Past/6-Captain America: The Winter Soldier/7-Spider-Man 2/8-The Avengers/9-Superman:TM/10-The Incredibles

Calvary - 9.5/10 Dawn of the Planet of the Apes - 10/10 Guardians of the Galaxy - 9.5/10
Closed Thread