The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 12-31-2014, 09:03 AM   #1
Tymminator
The Main Man in Minnesota

Default DoFP Rogue cut

I thought there was a separate thread about this already, but I couldn't find it anywhere.

Anyway article I read yesterday said how this cut will not have a copy of the theatrical version included, it will be solely it's only thing with it's own extras.

So if anybody's worried about double dipping, it's not really double dipping in this case.

Iron Man=A+, The Incredible Hulk=C, Iron Man 2=B-, Thor=B, Captain America:The First Avenger=B, The Avengers=A, Iron Man 3=C+, Thor:The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B+, Ant-Man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=?, Dr. Strange=?, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2=?, Spider-Man=?, Thor:Ragnarok=?, Avengers:Infinity Wars Part 1=?, Black Panther=?, Captain Marvel=?, Avengers:Infinity Wars Part 2=?, Inhumans=?
Old 12-31-2014, 02:23 PM   #2
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Default Re: DoFP Rogue cut

Therefore it should hAve its own forum

Old 12-31-2014, 08:54 PM   #3
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

nah... its just a different cut of the film. it only needs a separate thread not a subforum. Since when SHH had a subforum for an alternate cut?

Old 01-01-2015, 01:02 AM   #4
Tymminator

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
nah... its just a different cut of the film. it only needs a separate thread not a subforum. Since when SHH had a subforum for an alternate cut?
Yeah, a seperate thread should do, we can stack all information here.

Being a Rogue fan, I'm glad for this cut. I hear this will change a few other things (like a few deaths will be possibly different in the end)

I'm curious just how much is going to change.

Iron Man=A+, The Incredible Hulk=C, Iron Man 2=B-, Thor=B, Captain America:The First Avenger=B, The Avengers=A, Iron Man 3=C+, Thor:The Dark World=B-, Captain America:The Winter Soldier=A, Guardians of the Galaxy=A-, Avengers:Age of Ultron=B+, Ant-Man=B+, Captain America:Civil War=?, Dr. Strange=?, Guardians of the Galaxy Vol 2=?, Spider-Man=?, Thor:Ragnarok=?, Avengers:Infinity Wars Part 1=?, Black Panther=?, Captain Marvel=?, Avengers:Infinity Wars Part 2=?, Inhumans=?
Old 01-01-2015, 08:19 AM   #5
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

Iceman's death is going to be different for sure.

I wonder if Kitty and Rogue get shot by the Sentinels.

Old 01-01-2015, 08:26 AM   #6
Mirals
Side-Kick

I hope we will get more of James Mcavoy and Hugh Jackman!

Old 01-01-2015, 09:47 AM   #7
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Well this cut will have a different feel for sure. It will basically bookend the relationship and friendship between Rogue and Logan. The ending when Logan sees her in the school will take on a different effect. Kitty will die which will be sad.

I just think with bringing Rogue into this it will connect even more closely with X2 and X1

Screenrant.com had the writer give up some news on the rogue cut a while back.

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-fut...nes-explained/

Last edited by WC Avengers; 01-01-2015 at 10:22 AM.
Old 01-01-2015, 11:12 AM   #8
Tymminator

Quote:
Iceman's death is going to be different for sure.

I wonder if Kitty and Rogue get shot by the Sentinels.
Can you please spolierize-me how Iceman dies differently?

And for Rogue and Kitty too, you say shot so I imagine like how Kitty, Prof X, Logan and Mags get blasted at the end of the theatrical cut?

Old 01-01-2015, 01:00 PM   #9
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

according to the leaked script...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Iceman was killed during the Rescue Rogue scene, Rogue was hit by the Sentinel at the temple like the moment the Sentinels entered the temple, I dunno bout Kitty. But rescuing Rogue led to the Sentinels locating the China temple.

Old 01-01-2015, 01:05 PM   #10
xrs13
Cold as ice

I just thought, won't Storm have a different role now? Because wasn't she supposedly the one to take care of Kitty after that ? Before the changes were made?

Old 01-01-2015, 01:10 PM   #11
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

I dunno if those scenes were actually filmed. Thing is Ororo might be outside of the temple the whole time after she kissed Logan in the lips.

Old 01-01-2015, 02:00 PM   #12
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dunno if those scenes were actually filmed. Thing is Ororo might be outside of the temple the whole time after she kissed Logan in the lips.

what scenes do we know for sure were filmed from stills and other leaked or behind the scenes footage.

I'll assume that a vast majority is filmed or it would be difficult to piece together.

Old 01-01-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
I just thought, won't Storm have a different role now? Because wasn't she supposedly the one to take care of Kitty after that ? Before the changes were made?
Kinbergs said that was in an early draft of the script but was changed later on

Maybe after they found out she could only film for 2 weeks or maybe something else changed it

Old 01-01-2015, 10:28 PM   #14
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Dont get me wrong, i want the Rogue Cut but they said the Rogue sequence didnt work. How are they gunna make it work now? I dont want it to take away from the intensity and urgency. I dont think it will because the Sentinels find the temple hideout because of them rescuing Rogue. They still have to guard the temple. Hopefully it'll flow nice because i'm probably only using the Rogue Cut! lol

Old 01-01-2015, 11:24 PM   #15
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

i think the rogue cut works bcos it led to the Sentinels finding their hideout but still Rogue is introduced so late in the film. I feel like if she is seen earlier in the film her role wouldnt feel extraneous or an afterthought.

Old 01-01-2015, 11:47 PM   #16
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

i would love a shot of Rogue in the opening scene, being tested on! or her being captured! But im still happy about the Rogue Cut! She most likely gives a great performance and even though she does come in late, shes pivotal. She gets a 10 minute sequence plus XJet, temple scenes and cameo at the end.

Old 01-02-2015, 01:20 AM   #17
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

damn, guess this means i'll end up buying the current version of the film since it won't be included in the Rogue cut

Old 01-02-2015, 03:01 AM   #18
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastStorm98 View Post
i would love a shot of Rogue in the opening scene, being tested on! or her being captured! But im still happy about the Rogue Cut! She most likely gives a great performance and even though she does come in late, shes pivotal. She gets a 10 minute sequence plus XJet, temple scenes and cameo at the end.
I feel like Rogue should have been the mutant that was seen before the Dna sequence. It would been a nice incentive for her original role being cut. and might explain why she's MIA. Also its a very short scene, wont take them much time to reshoot it and wont eat up Anna's schedule.

"We could these powers to help people" - Johnny Storm - The Human Torch
"You can't fix this, nobody can" - Ben Grimm - The Thing

Last edited by psylockolussus; 01-02-2015 at 03:05 AM.
Old 01-02-2015, 05:54 AM   #19
x-er
Side-Kick

Whoa, is that why how she gets caught? I always thought the computer-animated mutant at the start was strange.

Old 01-02-2015, 08:46 AM   #20
Tymminator

Quote:
I feel like Rogue should have been the mutant that was seen before the Dna sequence. It would been a nice incentive for her original role being cut. and might explain why she's MIA. Also its a very short sce
That's was an excellent idea, too bad they didn't think of that.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:17 AM   #21
psylockolussus
X-Men ♥ Fantastic Four

The mutant at the start had white streaks and a hoodie like Rogue so that idea came to my mind. I wish Fox thought about that.

Old 01-02-2015, 09:19 AM   #22
BeastStorm98
Side-Kick

Thata a brilliant idea. They definitely shouldve shown her earlier. But I hope they explain that it was too difficult to rescue Rogue and was deadly because it seems like they are getting her because they have to, not necessarily because they want her. Bobby should be like "We have tried many times."

They should have took Blink with them to make it easier. She can teleport them to the Jet or something

Old 01-02-2015, 10:13 AM   #23
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

In case anyone missed it, I got a chance to read the script that was shot, including parts for the Rogue sequence. Pictures within

http://imgur.com/a/hSG4e#0

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 01-02-2015, 03:07 PM   #24
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I saw what you posted there.

Since i don't have blu-ray player and don't have drive on my computer that can read blu-ray disks hopefully it will be on Itunes since i am doudtful it will be on DVD.

It will be Intresting to see all what will be different.

I suspect the rogue cut is them throwing bone at fans of OT cast and showing rogue's role as it was intended and to give Xavier,Magneto,and Iceman more screentime.

It will be intresting to see if any of mystique at mansion which was going to be intercut with rogue rescue will be added back to film or if film will be same except for changes In future scenes.Giving a bit more screentime for future.

Old 01-02-2015, 06:45 PM   #25
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

I was thinking, in order to make this all work, which THEATRICAL scenes will be deleted from the Rogue Cut?

any ideas?

Closed Thread