The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-05-2014, 06:49 AM   #326
BMM
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

I disagree. X2 makes it more than clear Rogue has moved on from being an angst ridden teenager who hates her powers.

Last edited by BMM; 06-05-2014 at 06:53 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:04 AM   #327
Leenie
Make Up!

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
X2 makes it more than clear that they've moved on from Rogue being an angst ridden teenager who hates her powers.
Hm, I see where you're coming from (the fact that Rogue did fly the Blackbird to save the team in the end of X2 might imply that she's becoming ready to be a real X-Man), but I felt it was underdeveloped. Most of her time spent in X2 was her worrying about kissing her boyfriend. And when she does actually help the team out at the end, she's having a little panic attack. There hasn't been a single point in the X-Men movies where I've seen Rogue have fun with her power. She's used and benefited from her power in X1 and X2 (with Wolverine and Pyro), but she doesn't seem to be at peace with her power. At least it doesn't seem like that to me.

I can see how one could have used Rogue in a good way in X3 (her deciding to not take the cure, and showing up with the team at the end), but I think Rogue's potential has been completely and utterly wasted in every X-Movie she's been in. Why reserve my disappointment with her character for only X3? Because hating X3 is the popular thing to do?

(6) Captain America: The Winter Soldier, (7) Guardians Of The Galaxy, (8) Kick-Ass,
(9) Batman (89)
(10) Captain America: The First Avenger
Leenie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:27 AM   #328
bizuk
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leenie View Post
Why reserve my disappointment with her character for only X3? Because hating X3 is the popular thing to do?
I don't think this is directed at me, but because I said in my post that I was disappointed with Rogue from X3 onwards, I wanted to respond to this part of your post.

Personally, I was disappointed only because I really loved Rogue in the first two movies. She was definitely my favorite character before the films, and although she was vastly different, I really liked their interpretation. I thought there was potential for her to go further after X2, but that opportunity was unfortunately missed. Her storyline of dealing with the cure could have been really powerful in X3, but it was very short. It felt too much to me like Kitty was the stand-in young, inexperienced female character, especially when Wolverine makes a point of telling Bobby that Kitty might not come home (a line which would have had some real impact about Rogue, who Bobby loved).

And I say all of this as someone who is generally a fan of X3. There are some parts of it I think could be done better, for sure, but hell - I prefer it to First Class. And because I know this is such an unpopular opinion, I never discuss it with anybody here.

All that boils down to me saying not everyone disappointed with Rogue in X3 is disappointed just because "X3 sucks". But I'm probably part of a very tiny minority.

bizuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 11:28 AM   #329
Kahran Ramsus
Side-Kick

The planned idea for Rogue in DoFP tells me that the writers still couldn't figure out how to use the character, but probably felt they had to include her anyways. That doesn't really bode well for her future inclusion in the series.

Not unless there is a creative change anyways. And since they have done a remarkably good job with the last couple of films, I don't want to see that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizuk
All that boils down to me saying not everyone disappointed with Rogue in X3 is disappointed just because "X3 sucks". But I'm probably part of a very tiny minority.
My opinion of Rogue's portrayal in X3 isn't really related to the problems with X3 as a whole. X3, I believe, does several characters well. Xavier, Magneto, Logan, Kitty, Iceman, Beast, Pyro, Jean, even Storm. The story is a mess and I do feel several characters are butchered, some beyond recognition (like what does Kid Omega in X3 have to do with his comic book counterpart besides the name?). In Rogue's case it is entirely what they do with the character that is the problem, just like Cyclops. The only thing that makes me somewhat more optimistic about Cyclops is that he had the excuse of being killed off early in X3 out of spite and was dead for DoFP. They have had four films to do something with Rogue and haven't outside of being a McGuffin in X1. Cyclops has really only fairly had two, and in one of those (X1) I actually thought they got him right.

So I have more faith they will get Cyclops right in the future than I do Rogue. They could always surprise me though.

As for right now, aside from needing Rogue for plot purposes in X1, I think the series as a whole would have benefited from putting Kitty in the lead female role in X1 instead of Rogue. They seem more comfortable handling her.

Last edited by Kahran Ramsus; 06-05-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Kahran Ramsus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:52 PM   #330
Super Film
Side-Kick

Poster for the final season of True Blood.

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:30 PM   #331
kevork89
Rogue + Gambit = WIN!!!

Can't wait

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 09:35 PM   #332
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

^Somebody edit that poster and make it a Rogue spin off.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 09:50 AM   #333
danielfoez
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyIsBlue View Post
^Somebody edit that poster and make it a Rogue spin off.
Nothing too elegant, but there you go:

danielfoez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2014, 11:36 AM   #334
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

That is so awesome!

SAUspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2014, 08:38 AM   #335
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielfoez View Post
Nothing too elegant, but there you go:
Oh, wow thank you!

I never thought somebody would take me seriously.

This is beautiful! Now I want a Rogue spin-off so baaad (fan boy).

Old 06-11-2014, 01:39 AM   #336
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

Quote:
Oh, wow thank you!

I never thought somebody would take me seriously.

This is beautiful! Now I want a Rogue spin-off so baaad (fan boy).
I want a Rogue reboot not a spin off of Paquin's Rogue.

DOFP made her storyline end and I'm just ready for it to die and go away forever. Bryan started off good with her but just turned messy after TLS and DOFP.

Cast a new actress in the role and hopefully writers that want to make similar to her canon characterization. I'd look forward to a new Rogue in Apocalypse.

Remember this is a new timeline that doesn't have to follow any origins of the Original Trilogy. Rogue can be any age.

Illuminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 01:58 AM   #337
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Uh no Rogue was clearly in 2023 as late 20s Anna Paquin

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:18 AM   #338
Rike
Wat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illuminata View Post

DOFP made her storyline end and I'm just ready for it to die and go away forever. Bryan started off good with her but just turned messy after TLS and DOFP.

Cast a new actress in the role and hopefully writers that want to make similar to her canon characterization. I'd look forward to a new Rogue in Apocalypse.

Remember this is a new timeline that doesn't have to follow any origins of the Original Trilogy. Rogue can be any age.
Good Lord.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 03:27 AM   #339
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Anna Paquin as Rogue just appeared in the altered future.

How could they feature a new Rogue in the 80s when the ending of the latest movie just featured the original Rogue in the future?

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:00 AM   #340
batboy99
BTVS

Quote:

It's a new canon, yes. That doesn't really change characters ages though. So no, she would not be any age. Plus that would just be confusing.

DeviantArt Page
"Like" my Facebook page!
batboy99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 12:04 PM   #341
Melapi
Side-Kick

It makes little sense rebooting just one character. If they do, they should recast all the future characters.

Anyway, if they're going to fix Origins, Rogue shouldn't be that hard to fix.

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 09:38 PM   #342
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:

Wanting a reboot of a Rogue of any age will make the character more messed up than what TLS had done to her.

Old 06-11-2014, 10:21 PM   #343
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Wanting a reboot of a Rogue of any age will make the character more messed up than what TLS had done to her.

^^ agreed!!! If you are going reboot ONE character, you might as well do it for all of them. Like I've said before, FOX won't rush to recast Rogue especially with a big time T.V actress attached to the character. Either focus on developing Rogue with Anna, or drop the character( for the time being) for future films. Prefer the first part tho......

Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 11:52 PM   #344
danagirl42
Side-Kick

Quote:

Well, her showing up for a split second at the end showed that she cannot be in Apocalypse, which takes place in the 80's, because she either would not be born or a mere baby/young child at the most, during that time.

Are you saying that when they use Rogue again in the proper time setting, you want a recast? I mean, if they do movie with a time leap into the 2000's then, yes, a recast, because Rogue would be a teenager or early 20's during that time.

If they wanted her in Apocalypse, they would have been better off not showing her in DOFP, because then you could play games with her age. You can't play that time traveling card again in the next movie. Lazy writing.

danagirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:51 AM   #345
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4#Rouge View Post
^^ agreed!!! If you are going reboot ONE character, you might as well do it for all of them. Like I've said before, FOX won't rush to recast Rogue especially with a big time T.V actress attached to the character. Either focus on developing Rogue with Anna, or drop the character( for the time being) for future films. Prefer the first part tho......
I think I'm gonna go wild if Fox lets Anna Paquin comeback as Rogue again.

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 09:17 AM   #346
darkangel
Side-Kick

I think FOX wasted Anna's Paquin success from True Blood, I think many True Blood fans would go to cinema to watch DoFP because of Sookie.

darkangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 10:10 AM   #347
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Did anyone hear what her role was gonna be originally?

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
They sneak into the mansion through a secret tunnel and find people experimenting on rogue and they save her, they are then chased by sentinels as they try and escape and bobby sacrifices himself by creating a ice wall pretty much the same as what we got in the film

Kitty's dies, rogue takes over and that's it

Oddly the rumour about her gaining powers or even getting an action scene ended up being a typical fan expectation which didn't come to be as usual

Old 06-12-2014, 10:14 AM   #348
Storm22
Side-Kick

I think that would have been an interesting dynamic considering the triangle with those characters. It would have been sad to see Kitty die like that and to have Rogue have to drain her powers.

Ultimately though I'm happier with what we got in the final film. Kitty's helpless look as Iceman was killed said it all, it was heartbreaking.

Old 06-12-2014, 11:00 AM   #349
HIA
Banned User

so Rogue didnt have an actual action scene?
wow, man, these people dont have a f***clue about what to do with her, lol.
Time to leave her out of this franchise, Id say. too many tries, and no results. lets move on to other characters

HIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 11:29 AM   #350
Melapi
Side-Kick

It's not a surprise. Anna didn't have any time to prepare an action scene. She went from TB set to DOFP and filmed just 5 days. And you also have the trailer where she looked injured, she was being carried by Iceman.

I said it a million times and nobody listened to me.

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote