The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-26-2014, 02:31 AM   #101
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan
 
SAUspartan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 551
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Still not a fan of the movie universe Kitty.

Which is funny cause Shadowcat is in my Top 3 favorite characters in the comics.

And i'm with EnDz0n3, her being injured wasn't drama filed and didn't add tention at all. You never got the feeling her life was in danger.

SAUspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:38 AM   #102
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,340
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I did not believe that rumor and knew she only had one scene (though I only recently learned it's because she only and 5 days on the set because of True Blood).

I am simply saying that yes, it could have easily been done. We saw Xavier and Magneto come back together and cooperating in DOFP's future scenes. It wasn't the focus but it is there. I think Rogue simply being present (like Storm) and having one exchange with Magneto and Xavier before going into the final fray could have been done. And I do think it would have immensely repaired her character. Because I saw X2 as the middle ground. She was stronger in X2 as she went back for Logan and saved them all in the jet at the end. X3 fumbled it.

Sorry that you disagree. But just as Xavier and Magneto's relationship was concluded in a few scenes, this also could have been done if not for apparently limited schedule restraints.
I gonna agree with you. I think the stories were there for Rogue in DOFP (Kitty being injured, and Future Sentinels using power-absorbing ability that is more similar to Rogue's mutant power than Mystique), so I'm greatly disappointed to see Rogue only appearing in a 5-second cameo at the very last scene. I don't really buy the suggestion that Paquin was busy with True Blood, and I think Singer just decided to take her out of the picture so he can enhance both Kitty and Mystique's importance in the movie. I think if she were in the final battle scene with the other X-Men, she could've made the scene better, especially if Singer utilized her well like letting her absorb more than one mutant's power at one time.

For a character who was introduced alongside Wolverine in X-Men as a POV device to let the audience see the X-Men through their eyes, Rogue has been the most disappointing character since she never seemed to have grown wiser and changed for the better like Logan did; she still stuck in her own self-pity and never earn her stripes as part of the X-Men team. Heck, even Blink who is introduced in DOFP did more for the X-Men in maybe 10-15 minutes of appearance than Rogue has ever been in the first trilogy. I know Singer has done alot of good for the X-Men franchise, but his mistreatment of Rogue is always his greatest failure, to me personally.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:48 AM   #103
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: X-Mansion and the Baxter Building
Posts: 19,047
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Ah...that was my point. They kept Kitty being injured even though they got rid of the Rogue taking over scene.

Kitty being injured ultimately led to nothing other than scenes of Kitty wincing in pain.
Well I have to say, even though Kitty Being injured was useless. In a way, it was nice to see her injured because most of her peers in the future were injured or killed. With the exception of Wolverine/Prof X, but in the past period, those two got their moment.

And I liked Kitty's reaction when the Sentinels were about to blast them.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ROGUE | PORTRAYED BY ANNA PAQUIN
"The first boy I ever kissed ended up in a coma for three weeks. I can still feel him inside my head." - X1
"Bobby is gifted. You should see what he can do." - X2
"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #104
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 72
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

So it was posted in another thread that Simon Kinberg was most centainly going to use some of the OT cast for Apocolyse??! Putting it out there: Rogue as one of the 4 horsemen!!! Any chance at all? A time travel aspect?? Probably not but......... i can dream

Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #105
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 72
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I gonna agree with you. I think the stories were there for Rogue in DOFP (Kitty being injured, and Future Sentinels using power-absorbing ability that is more similar to Rogue's mutant power than Mystique), so I'm greatly disappointed to see Rogue only appearing in a 5-second cameo at the very last scene. I don't really buy the suggestion that Paquin was busy with True Blood, and I think Singer just decided to take her out of the picture so he can enhance both Kitty and Mystique's importance in the movie. I think if she were in the final battle scene with the other X-Men, she could've made the scene better, especially if Singer utilized her well like letting her absorb more than one mutant's power at one time.

For a character who was introduced alongside Wolverine in X-Men as a POV device to let the audience see the X-Men through their eyes, Rogue has been the most disappointing character since she never seemed to have grown wiser and changed for the better like Logan did; she still stuck in her own self-pity and never earn her stripes as part of the X-Men team. Heck, even Blink who is introduced in DOFP did more for the X-Men in maybe 10-15 minutes of appearance than Rogue has ever been in the first trilogy. I know Singer has done alot of good for the X-Men franchise, but his mistreatment of Rogue is always his greatest failure, to me personally.


^^ Agree. I think the reason they cut was to streamline the plot between Mistque/Trask, and to enhance Kitty, hence the reason for no call back.

And also if someone could clearify: Can someone describe what Rogue's whole sequence in the movie?? I heard somewhere she was briefly going to display her Mrs. Mavel powers????


Last edited by Justice4#Rouge; 05-26-2014 at 09:02 AM.
Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:00 AM   #106
gdw
Side-Kick
 
gdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans . . .
Posts: 4,713
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

I'm surprised they cut the Rogue scenes. It would have REALLY helped with the injured Kitty part. That was initially a big concern, and then became almost forgotten come the end.
Considering Logan was in the past for a good while, that means Kitty would have been there for the same amount of time, bleeding out.

Including the Rogue prison break, along with healing Kitty (was that the plan? Have Rogue borrow Logan's powers, and transfer them to Kitty, can Rogue even transfer powers to others like that?) would have also added more Future plot. Although I wasn't "disappointed" with the amount of future time in the film, it would not have hurt to have a bit more, especially if it gave them more of their own plot besides "he's freaking out, gotta keep him there."

__________________
You will never be forgoten Robert.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:02 AM   #107
gdw
Side-Kick
 
gdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans . . .
Posts: 4,713
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Speaking of Rogue, and her powers, why was everyone concerned about how she would have gotten her powers back? At the end of X3 Magneto is shown to be regaining his powers, implying the "cure" wasn't necessarily permanent.

__________________
You will never be forgoten Robert.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:05 AM   #108
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,652
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4#Rouge View Post
So it was posted in another thread that Simon Kinberg was most centainly going to use some of the OT cast for Apocolyse??! Putting it out there: Rogue as one of the 4 horsemen!!! Any chance at all? A time travel aspect?? Probably not but......... i can dream
No.There will not be time travel In Apocalypse

Other OT cast will be seen most likely showing more of new 2023 wolverine woke up into at end of DOFP.

__________________
Best Marvel films-X2 X-Men Days of Future Past The Amazing Spider-Man X-Men Captain America The Winter Soldier The Wolverine X-Men first Class The Avengers Iron Man The Incredible Hulk
Best DC films-Superman Batman Returns Batman The Dark Knight Batman Begins Superman II The dark Knight Rises Superman Returns Watchmen
marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #109
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 72
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by gdw View Post
I'm surprised they cut the Rogue scenes. It would have REALLY helped with the injured Kitty part. That was initially a big concern, and then became almost forgotten come the end.
Considering Logan was in the past for a good while, that means Kitty would have been there for the same amount of time, bleeding out.

Including the Rogue prison break, along with healing Kitty (was that the plan? Have Rogue borrow Logan's powers, and transfer them to Kitty, can Rogue even transfer powers to others like that?) would have also added more Future plot. Although I wasn't "disappointed" with the amount of future time in the film, it would not have hurt to have a bit more, especially if it gave them more of their own plot besides "he's freaking out, gotta keep him there."


Yeah i kinda felt that too. While it did a good job focusing on kittys pain, as someone who knew what was suppose to happen it was a "what if" moment half expecting Rogue to walk in. It was a build up to nothing. As for the latter, not sure if she can transfer abilities to other mutants, but the orginal plan was to have her take the injured Kitty 's powers and in turn life in order to keep the mission going. Pretty much Kitty was gonna die at any second and needed someone to keep the mission going ala Rogue.


Last edited by Justice4#Rouge; 05-26-2014 at 09:20 AM.
Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:24 AM   #110
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 72
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
No.There will not be time travel In Apocalypse

Other OT cast will be seen most likely showing more of new 2023 wolverine woke up into at end of DOFP.
Im not following?? I the get the first half just not the second......... are you meaning that if they are going to have the OT cast, it will be following the events of DOFP, so no involvment in Apoc??

Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:26 AM   #111
danagirl42
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 94
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
I did not believe that rumor and knew she only had one scene (though I only recently learned it's because she only and 5 days on the set because of True Blood).

I am simply saying that yes, it could have easily been done. We saw Xavier and Magneto come back together and cooperating in DOFP's future scenes. It wasn't the focus but it is there. I think Rogue simply being present (like Storm) and having one exchange with Magneto and Xavier before going into the final fray could have been done. And I do think it would have immensely repaired her character. Because I saw X2 as the middle ground. She was stronger in X2 as she went back for Logan and saved them all in the jet at the end. X3 fumbled it.

Sorry that you disagree. But just as Xavier and Magneto's relationship was concluded in a few scenes, this also could have been done if not for apparently limited schedule restraints.
Why do people keep talking about her schedule restraints? She was FREE in the late summer and Fall when they were still filming and doing numerous reshoots and was still not asked back. That was followed with the announcement that her scenes were cut. If they wanted to develop her more they would have. Make of that what you will.

Frankly it is disturbing to read about how other actors/characters should have been cut or reduced to accommodate her. I could see if there was a January Jones performance in there, but everyone did what they were suppose to do and made a very good movie.

I also agree with the person who said that there was more tension with Kitty going forward after being injured and wondering if she was going to make it and everything being on her to make it work. Your back is really not up against the wall if you have time to go make a get away side trip.

I hope to see Rogue come back in future movies, but they are going to have to do a lot of work to the character, and I am not talking about her powers. The X-men were never just about someone having super strength or flying.

danagirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #112
Mars123
Side-Kick
 
Mars123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Bath, England
Posts: 846
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Here is what we know.....In apocalypse, they'll deffo have JLaw, hoult, fassy and Mcavoy. The plan is to be in the 80s. I think this is confirmed.

It has been largely hinted that appearances of younger versions of storm, jean and cyclops.

King berg confirmed involvements of some OT cast memebers.

How this will fit into a apocalypse story is all speculation.

My speculation is that it'll largely be in the 80s showing the formation of the original xmen and them being students. I think apocalypse storyline will be a origins story, which involves the xmen winning the battle but not fully stopping him,

So I like to think he retuns in a 2018 film, which will be a feature length OT film.,,,, that's what I'm hoping for

Mars123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:43 AM   #113
Melapi
Side-Kick
 
Melapi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 914
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4#Rouge View Post
So it was posted in another thread that Simon Kinberg was most centainly going to use some of the OT cast for Apocolyse??! Putting it out there: Rogue as one of the 4 horsemen!!! Any chance at all? A time travel aspect?? Probably not but......... i can dream
Hell no! I hope that Kinberg never writes anything related to Rogue again. He doesn't know how to write her and that ended having her screwed twice in a row, isn't that enough?

Melapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:22 AM   #114
gdw
Side-Kick
 
gdw's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Nowhere land, making all my Nowhere plans . . .
Posts: 4,713
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4#Rouge View Post
Yeah i kinda felt that too. While it did a good job focusing on kittys pain, as someone who knew what was suppose to happen it was a "what if" moment half expecting Rogue to walk in. It was a build up to nothing. As for the latter, not sure if she can transfer abilities to other mutants, but the orginal plan was to have her take the injured Kitty 's powers and in turn life in order to keep the mission going. Pretty much Kitty was gonna die at any second and needed someone to keep the mission going ala Rogue.

Ah, that makes MUCH more sense than I was thinking. Far more logical and direct, lol. I was thinking she was going to take Logan's healing factor, and somehow transfer it to Kitty. Seriously, what was I thinking.

I assumed, going in, that they cut the prison break element, but that she was still going to come in and help with the fact that Kitty was injured. his assumption was based on the news when they clarified that the prison break scene had been cut, but that she was still in the film.
Honestly, that left me even more disappointed come the climax, and she never showed except for the quick cameo.

__________________
You will never be forgoten Robert.

Thanks Cconn, for the avvy.

"Originally we wanted Bill Murray to play Batman." - Jon Peters.
gdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:40 AM   #115
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,040
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
I gonna agree with you. I think the stories were there for Rogue in DOFP (Kitty being injured, and Future Sentinels using power-absorbing ability that is more similar to Rogue's mutant power than Mystique), so I'm greatly disappointed to see Rogue only appearing in a 5-second cameo at the very last scene. I don't really buy the suggestion that Paquin was busy with True Blood, and I think Singer just decided to take her out of the picture so he can enhance both Kitty and Mystique's importance in the movie. I think if she were in the final battle scene with the other X-Men, she could've made the scene better, especially if Singer utilized her well like letting her absorb more than one mutant's power at one time.

For a character who was introduced alongside Wolverine in X-Men as a POV device to let the audience see the X-Men through their eyes, Rogue has been the most disappointing character since she never seemed to have grown wiser and changed for the better like Logan did; she still stuck in her own self-pity and never earn her stripes as part of the X-Men team. Heck, even Blink who is introduced in DOFP did more for the X-Men in maybe 10-15 minutes of appearance than Rogue has ever been in the first trilogy. I know Singer has done alot of good for the X-Men franchise, but his mistreatment of Rogue is always his greatest failure, to me personally.
Very much agreed. I loved what he did with her in X1 and tolerated how she was handled in X2, because I thought it was leading somewhere. It didn't, and it's a shame.

In my head, if Paquin was just one of the mutants traveling with Xavier and she just had a few non-verbal eyeline exchanges with Bobby/Kitty when she got there and a brief word with Wolverine before he went under (reestablishing that brother/sister rapport X3 squandered), it would have done a lot. That would have added a combined 1 minute of film, but it would have at least established she grew into who X1 promised she could be. And if she died in the final fray, it would have done a lot.

I mean this is just nitpicking what is an excellent movie, but we are so on the same page that Rogue, a personal favorite in the comics, ended up being squandered over four films.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:10 PM   #116
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,040
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl42 View Post
Why do people keep talking about her schedule restraints? She was FREE in the late summer and Fall when they were still filming and doing numerous reshoots and was still not asked back. That was followed with the announcement that her scenes were cut. If they wanted to develop her more they would have. Make of that what you will.

Frankly it is disturbing to read about how other actors/characters should have been cut or reduced to accommodate her. I could see if there was a January Jones performance in there, but everyone did what they were suppose to do and made a very good movie.

I also agree with the person who said that there was more tension with Kitty going forward after being injured and wondering if she was going to make it and everything being on her to make it work. Your back is really not up against the wall if you have time to go make a get away side trip.

I hope to see Rogue come back in future movies, but they are going to have to do a lot of work to the character, and I am not talking about her powers. The X-men were never just about someone having super strength or flying.
Well, you just said she only had five days. That is what I've been hearing.

And what I and other posters are suggesting would not have been at the sacrifice of anyone. Shorthand ensemble moviemaking can often say a lot without dialogue or lots of screen time. See, again, Charles and Erik's relationship in 2023 which other than ONE line by Magneto at the end, is all implied without any screen time sacrificed for it. (note: my suggestions are unrelated to the rumored, and agreeably awkward, use of Rogue that Singer and Kinberg concocted in relation to Kitty).

If you are saying it was a choice to under-utilize Rogue it was then, yes, a mistake on Singer. The man is not infallible. And if it was due to her schedule conflicts then, yes, it is still a shame.

Either way, it is a shame. I have no idea why you think people wanting her to be present in the future scenes, especially when almost none of the mutants there had any dialogue anyway, would be at the sacrifice of anyone. This seems more to be you have a disdain for the movie version of Rogue. I and others do not hate movie Rogue. We just loathe how she was used, including in this movie.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams

Last edited by DACrowe; 05-26-2014 at 12:16 PM.
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:34 PM   #117
DOFP
Side-Kick
 
DOFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 641
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

I'm okay with Rogue not being in the movie, it is what it is. Would it have been more iconic if the last scene showed Magneto, Charles, and Rogue being scared out of their minds when the sentinels walk in? . . . God, I would've loved to see that.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 01:55 PM   #118
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend
 
Raiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 25,340
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DACrowe View Post
Very much agreed. I loved what he did with her in X1 and tolerated how she was handled in X2, because I thought it was leading somewhere. It didn't, and it's a shame.

In my head, if Paquin was just one of the mutants traveling with Xavier and she just had a few non-verbal eyeline exchanges with Bobby/Kitty when she got there and a brief word with Wolverine before he went under (reestablishing that brother/sister rapport X3 squandered), it would have done a lot. That would have added a combined 1 minute of film, but it would have at least established she grew into who X1 promised she could be. And if she died in the final fray, it would have done a lot.

I mean this is just nitpicking what is an excellent movie, but we are so on the same page that Rogue, a personal favorite in the comics, ended up being squandered over four films.
What I never understand was the final scene at the White House in X2, when Rogue was dressed in full X-Men uniform and stood alongside other X-Men. I was thinking to myself, what exactly has Rogue done that separated her from other students at the X-Mansion and be worthy to stand next to Storm, Cyclops, and Wolverine? I thought that by putting her in the black uniform, it means Singer has decided to give her a bigger role in X3 where she will truly become a full-fledged X-Men. Of course, that didn't happen since Singer left for Superman Returns. But in DOFP, with Singer again at the helm, he decided to take Rogue out pretty much completely, and with Apocalypse focusing on the FC cast and not OT, I don't think Rogue will ever become more than who she was in X1. It's a shame.

__________________
"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:00 PM   #119
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple
 
BeholdMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,028
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
I'm okay with Rogue not being in the movie, it is what it is. Would it have been more iconic if the last scene showed Magneto, Charles, and Rogue being scared out of their minds when the sentinels walk in? . . . God, I would've loved to see that.
How exactly would this have been more ICONIC, it would still be the same effect. Also to those saying Kitty being injured added nothing to the story, what were you expecting it to do it showed her as determined and strong willed to get the mission done regardless of how she was hurting she held on, her being hurt wouldnt play a big plot it served its purpose.

__________________
Storm #4-October 15 2014-Please support our Goddess
BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #120
DOFP
Side-Kick
 
DOFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 641
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeholdMe View Post
How exactly would this have been more ICONIC, it would still be the same effect. Also to those saying Kitty being injured added nothing to the story, what were you expecting it to do it showed her as determined and strong willed to get the mission done regardless of how she was hurting she held on, her being hurt wouldnt play a big plot it served its purpose.
Uhhh because Rogue would have died with the people who made an impact in her life? Nothing was wrong with Kitty being hurt, it shows how determine and strong she is as was willing to finish the mission.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:13 PM   #121
Great Mind(s)
Broken
 
Great Mind(s)'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Gamma Quadrant
Posts: 4,166
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Rogue was there from the beginning and the way Kinberg has been talking it sounds like the OT cast is finished. So it would have meant something to the fans of the film franchise to bring things full circle.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:14 PM   #122
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!
 
I SEE SPIDEY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: In Superman's arms
Posts: 34,870
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

It's funny because Raven/Mystique actually had the development I wanted Rogue to have. She starts as a young girl who is afraid of how different she is and by the end of First Class, in a twisted way, learns to except herself and in Days of Future Past she's much closer to the silent but deadly sexy Mystique.

I wouldn't have *****ed so much if Rogue mostly followed that path but due to how Fox was run at the time with an assist from Bryan Singer we never got that evolution.

I SEE SPIDEY is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:20 PM   #123
DOFP
Side-Kick
 
DOFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 641
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Great Mind(s) View Post
Rogue was there from the beginning and the way Kinberg has been talking it sounds like the OT cast is finished. So it would have meant something to the fans of the film franchise to bring things full circle.
Another good point. Rogue has been there from the beginning with Logan, Erik, and Charles. I wonder in the original script if she showed deep emotions when the sentinels were melting Bobby.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:21 PM   #124
DOFP
Side-Kick
 
DOFP's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 641
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Oh wait never mind. Didn't Bobby died in the rescue mission?

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:27 PM   #125
BeholdMe
Storm Disciple
 
BeholdMe's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Posts: 1,028
Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
Uhhh because Rogue would have died with the people who made an impact in her life? Nothing was wrong with Kitty being hurt, it shows how determine and strong she is as was willing to finish the mission.
It would still have the same exact, i felt bad for them in that situation in general you could see the desperation and sadness in their faces that was truly an emotional scene for me.

__________________
Storm #4-October 15 2014-Please support our Goddess
BeholdMe is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:12 PM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.