The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #126
icekid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Rogue wasn't going to take Logan's healing and give it to Kitty. She can't do that. She was going to take Kitty's power and continue holding him in the past himself, and Kitty was going to sacrifice herself when one of the Sentinels got inside of the monetary and phase it out of it.

icekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:55 PM   #127
DOFP
Side-Kick

Default Re: Girl gone ROGUE Thread (ANNA PAQUIN's BACK..FALSE ALARM SHE'S BEEN CUT) - Pa

Same situation yes. Better with Rogue tho, deeper meaning for us fans.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:15 PM   #128
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

X-Men fans make up the minority of these films, quite frankly. I don't think the general viewer's experience of the film would have been enhanced if she had been added.

Spider-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 03:44 PM   #129
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Fan View Post
X-Men fans make up the minority of these films, quite frankly. I don't think the general viewer's experience of the film would have been enhanced if she had been added.
Exactly. It would have taken away from the film. Frankly, the GA wouldn't care abut seeing her fight or not because she hasn't done so in the films this far, and they're not going to read the comics ASAP. They're not. And that's where the money is. So make a film that's for them, while pleasing the fans, not just pure fanservice.

If people didn't know Rogue was going to have a subplot to begin with, people wouldn't care, and if we did get it, this thread would be filled with people saying about how much more they want while the movie wouldn't be doing as well with critics because it was too all over the place.

Old 05-26-2014, 03:48 PM   #130
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm more of a general viewer fan than an X-Man fan, and Rogue became my favorite. It's why I stopped having hope with these movies whenever I read she's not going to have much to do.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:52 PM   #131
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
Exactly. It would have taken away from the film. Frankly, the GA wouldn't care abut seeing her fight or not because she hasn't done so in the films this far, and they're not going to read the comics ASAP. They're not. And that's where the money is. So make a film that's for them, while pleasing the fans, not just pure fanservice.

If people didn't know Rogue was going to have a subplot to begin with, people wouldn't care, and if we did get it, this thread would be filled with people saying about how much more they want while the movie wouldn't be doing as well with critics because it was too all over the place.
Exactly. I think they did a great job at fan service in the movie without it distracting from the narrative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I'm more of a general viewer fan than an X-Man fan, and Rogue became my favorite. It's why I stopped having hope with these movies whenever I read she's not going to have much to do.
Rogue isn't most people's favorite, though. That honor goes to Wolverine. The thing with large casts is that not everyone is going to always be easily accessible to the schedule, nor will the film be able to give every character their moment in the sun so easily. It is really hard to juggle as many characters as DoFP was attempting to, and they did a pretty good job considering it had basically the cast of 2 franchises. Especially when Anna Paquin was on set for so few days, it becomes hard to do much with her. Especially on a SFX heavy film which takes hours of set-up (sometimes whole days) for what amounts to maybe 15 seconds of the film. That is not even considering the fact that Rogue's role grew smaller as the OT went on. Plus, the movie flowed without her. I know it sucks for fans of the character, but someone was bound to get the short end of the stick with this many characters.

Old 05-26-2014, 04:57 PM   #132
Illuminata
DAYS OF FUTURE PAST

I'm looking for ward to a new Rogue with a new origins for her. I think she is in the most need of a reboot. I'm hoping they wipe the slate clean and we see her resurface in Apocalypse or the XFC 4.

Illuminata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:03 PM   #133
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Your not going to see Rogue anytime soon In films inless Anna Paquin Is one of those original cast members Simon Kinberg Is talking about appearing In Apocalypse.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:05 PM   #134
PegasusTenma

I kind of miss at least a waving hand to wolverine or something.

PegasusTenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:09 PM   #135
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

I agree with the posters who stared that not having rogue didn't detract from the movie. At least she showed up at the end.

When I found out she was cut from the film, I wasn't happy either but can now see why that decision was made...

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:13 PM   #136
Bruce Malone
Side-Kick

It's funny how a character who had maybe 1 second of actual screen time has one of the most popular threads here?

Bruce Malone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:20 PM   #137
danagirl42
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
I'm okay with Rogue not being in the movie, it is what it is. Would it have been more iconic if the last scene showed Magneto, Charles, and Rogue being scared out of their minds when the sentinels walk in? . . . God, I would've loved to see that.
So you wanted Rogue to be the same scared little girl she has always been portrayed in the movies and you would have been fine with that? By the way, Charles and Magneto were not scared out of their minds but looked like they were going to died with dignity.

danagirl42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:28 PM   #138
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Quote:
Rogue is my favorite as well in the movie verse and 616 comic verse.

SAUspartan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:30 PM   #139
BlackFox
Almost ninja

http://collider.com/john-ottman-x-me...ast-interview/

Interview with composer that mentions Rogues cut scenes.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:39 PM   #140
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

I don't care what others say. After I see the DVD, I'm viewing the Rogue stuff as Canon unless TPTB explicitly say it's not. Cause as I mentioned in other threads, some Creators and Producers view deleted scenes as Canon.

I'm talking about the stuff that obviously could still happen in the course of the film. Of course Rogue replacing Kitty won't be Canon. But the rescue sequence could still very well be. And Unless it's explicitly stated it's not Canon, then it is.

Cause no way is Rogue dead in canon like some are thinking. All the evidence points towards Rogue being alive.

Old 05-26-2014, 05:40 PM   #141
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
It's funny how a character who had maybe 1 second of actual screen time has one of the most popular threads here?
Haha yeah not without merit tho. Yes, dissapointed but was is in the movie is in it and we can do nothing about that. But i will say in a way her cameo at the end, was soo precious. I almost cried! Seeing her, i almost didnt care or forgot that she had more to do with the film. She looked so happy that smile, shes never looked more Rogue like than in that 4 sec cameo.

About Apocolyse, im gonna say Rogue has something to do with it. Dont know how but i have a hunch. Whether it is a two part movie involving both cast in seperate films or if she is one of the OT cast simon is talking about being apart of this particular film.

Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:45 PM   #142
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4#Rouge View Post
Haha yeah not without merit tho. Yes, dissapointed but was is in the movie is in it and we can do nothing about that. But i will say in a way her cameo at the end, was soo precious. I almost cried! Seeing her, i almost didnt care or forgot that she had more to do with the film. She looked so happy that smile, shes never looked more Rogue like than in that 4 sec cameo.

About Apocolyse, im gonna say Rogue has something to do with it. Dont know how but i have a hunch. Whether it is a two part movie involving both cast in seperate films or if she is one of the OT cast simon is talking about being apart of this particular film.
My feeling, it's a sad feeling, That Anna Paquin's time as Rogue is done. And it pi**es me off but that doesn't make it untrue. I don't see them needing her in Apocalypse. Of course I know how she could fit into it, but the movie universe is so different then the comic verse that they could easily get away with not having her.

As far as Rogue goes, it would be like most seeing someone else other than Hugh playing Logan. they can't imagine. I can't imagine anyone else but Anna playing Rogue. It will be tough to see another play her.

Edit:

Here's something in Vulture. Spoilers beware... We do have it confirmed now that Kitty and Bobby are together in the original future timeline we saw.

http://www.vulture.com/2014/05/spoil...n-kinberg.html

There's a very brief moment — it might even be two shots — where Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page) makes eye contact with Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) as she zips through walls with Bishop (Omar Sy). By the end of X-Men: The Last Stand, the Rogue-Iceman-Kitty love triangle was still a question mark. What should I infer here? Or am I reading way too into that glance?

It's a really astute catch because that's absolutely the intention. That is its own complicated thing because we shot a sequence with Rogue [for Days of Future Past]. But Rogue in that future, where Kitty and Bobby are living as refugees, is gone. She's gone from their lives. Even in the version we shot with Rogue, she was gone from their lives. And in the darkness and sadness of losing so many of their friends, and specifically Rogue, Bobby and Kitty ended up together. That's totally the intention of that look. We debated that look — would it confuse audiences? Would it look like a plan they're conceiving? It's just meant to be an emotional character moment between them. It's a subtle read. And the idea is that, once we've reset the world with the events of 1973, there was never a world in which their friends and Rogue were killed. So he never strayed from Rogue. He stayed with her as plotted in the original movies.

**** like that, in the whole movie with all the time travel stuff — what would have happened, what did happen, what changed — there's a rationale behind pretty much everything in the movie. We talked about a ton. I've never talked so much about a movie while making it.

Last edited by SAUspartan; 05-26-2014 at 06:01 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 10:47 PM   #143
warhorse78
Side-Kick

Quote:
Exactly. I think they did a great job at fan service in the movie without it distracting from the narrative.

Rogue isn't most people's favorite, though. That honor goes to Wolverine. The thing with large casts is that not everyone is going to always be easily accessible to the schedule, nor will the film be able to give every character their moment in the sun so easily. It is really hard to juggle as many characters as DoFP was attempting to, and they did a pretty good job considering it had basically the cast of 2 franchises. Especially when Anna Paquin was on set for so few days, it becomes hard to do much with her. Especially on a SFX heavy film which takes hours of set-up (sometimes whole days) for what amounts to maybe 15 seconds of the film. That is not even considering the fact that Rogue's role grew smaller as the OT went on. Plus, the movie flowed without her. I know it sucks for fans of the character, but someone was bound to get the short end of the stick with this many characters.
I'm aware of Wolverine being the most favorite, but I would not be surprised if she's one the most favorite out of the females. Everywhere I go, be it fanfiction, videos on youtube, and even on here, she is most certainly one of the most viewed/talked about X-Men on the internet. I'm waiting patiently for her to have a more prominent role as an X-Men, and if they can't get Anna Paquin, then it's simple, just recast her.

warhorse78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 10:53 PM   #144
Spider-Fan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAUspartan View Post
I don't care what others say. After I see the DVD, I'm viewing the Rogue stuff as Canon unless TPTB explicitly say it's not. Cause as I mentioned in other threads, some Creators and Producers view deleted scenes as Canon.

I'm talking about the stuff that obviously could still happen in the course of the film. Of course Rogue replacing Kitty won't be Canon. But the rescue sequence could still very well be. And Unless it's explicitly stated it's not Canon, then it is.

Cause no way is Rogue dead in canon like some are thinking. All the evidence points towards Rogue being alive.
In this same post, you say deleted scenes are canon and directly contradict it by mentioning one that won't be. Stuff like that is why deleted scenes are NOT canon. Not unless you get a popular Director's Cut or something (see Blade Runner or Kingdom of Heaven). This film won't get a DC, so this is a moot point. The Rogue scenes are not in the movie, and therefore not canon. Also, didn't Iceman die in that rescue? Someone said that at least. Another reason it can't be.

Old 05-26-2014, 10:55 PM   #145
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Quote:
I'm aware of Wolverine being the most favorite, but I would not be surprised if she's one the most favorite out of the females. Everywhere I go, be it fanfiction, videos on youtube, and even on here, she is most certainly one of the most viewed/talked about X-Men on the internet. I'm waiting patiently for her to have a more prominent role as an X-Men, and if they can't get Anna Paquin, then it's simple, just recast her.
Rogue is extremely popular. It's fine if people don't like the movie universe Rogue but that's not the point. The character of Rogue is really popular. It's the same character, just a different Universe than the 616 Rogue. There are many different universes with different Rogue's, the movie verse is just another take.

Quote:
In this same post, you say deleted scenes are canon and directly contradict it by mentioning one that won't be. Stuff like that is why deleted scenes are NOT canon. Not unless you get a popular Director's Cut or something (see Blade Runner or Kingdom of Heaven). This film won't get a DC, so this is a moot point.
Your Opinion.

Well they will be on the DVD. As Deleted Scenes or what not. So it will exist. Unless Kimberg or Singer or Ottman state they are not Canon my opinion will stay the same. They very well could state something like that eventually. But they have not yet. My guess is they could say something like that on the DVD or Blu Ray. And then okay. It's just many producers and creators have told me if it was written to be in the show and filmed they consider it Canon. Some say they don't consider it Canon.

We just have to agree to disagree till we get an official wording.

Last edited by SAUspartan; 05-26-2014 at 11:00 PM.
Old 05-26-2014, 11:00 PM   #146
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Rogue is extremely popular. It's fine if people don't like the movie universe Rogue but that's not the point. The character of Rogue is really popular. It's the same character, just a different Universe than the 616 Rogue. There are many different universes with different Rogue's, the movie verse is just another take.

Your Opinion.

Well they will be on the DVD. As Deleted Scenes or what not. So it will exist. Unless Kimberg or Singer or Ottman state they are not Canon my opinion will stay the same. They very well could state something like that eventually. But they have not yet.
Popular among people who read the comics. That accounts for 15-20% of the box office. So who would you rather cater to?

Old 05-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #147
SAUspartan
Kurtty Fan

Still Popular. Nobody is saying here she is more popular than Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, Xavier, or Jean. But you can't act like Rogue isn't popular. Just because you are not as popular as some doesn't make you not popular.

Old 05-26-2014, 11:06 PM   #148
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick

Quote:
I honestly don't think they're going to recast Rogue anytime soon. If they have another OT film, but Anna is unavailable i think they will just drop the character.... for a moment anyway. Too soon to be recasting a role with a big time actress attatched, and the GP really do ascoiate the character with Paquin. It's abit confusing and a dumb move from Fox if they do. It's either have Anna but give her more material to work with, OR cut Rogue out for the time being IMHO..

Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 11:10 PM   #149
icekid
Side-Kick

Quote:
Still Popular. Nobody is saying here she is more popular than Wolverine, Cyclops, Magneto, Xavier, or Jean. But you can't act like Rogue isn't popular. Just because you are not as popular as some doesn't make you not popular.
Yeah she's popular among your 20%, but when it comes to reviving a franchise with all eyes on this movie and an already jam packed story, trim the fat. Is it good fat, hell yeah, but it needs to be done to make the 80% enjoy the film that much more. If Lawrence got cut, hell would break loose because she's the it girl right now.

Until we get this franchise at the point it needs to be and we have a story that can service this character in the way we want to see, we have the Blu Ray deleted and extended cuts to hold us over.

Last edited by icekid; 05-27-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 12:23 AM   #150
DOFP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by danagirl42 View Post
So you wanted Rogue to be the same scared little girl she has always been portrayed in the movies and you would have been fine with that? By the way, Charles and Magneto were not scared out of their minds but looked like they were going to died with dignity.
How is continuing the mission and putting her life at risk a "scared little girl"? Magneto and Charles scared or not, they were going to die, your point? Anyways, Rogue is an important character would've been nice to see her with the other cast.

DOFP is offline   Reply With Quote