The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-26-2014, 04:35 AM   #76
AVEITWITHJAMON
Terminator

Default Re: Well done Bryan Singer!

I have been a big fan of Singer for years, loved US, then loved X-Men and X2 is still one of my favourite movies ever and still no.2 on my best ever list (though it may well fall behind DOFP after a few more viewings).

I personally also loved SR, I always liked Superman, but SR turned me into a Superman nut, I have since read countless comics and I still watch SR every few months because I love it so much. Valkyrie was good, but JTGS was Singer's worst movie to date, its not bad, its just average.

So while my faith wavered after seeing that, I have said all along that DOFP will be something special, and it truly is, I am with The Joker as well, best CBM since TDK.

1)X-Men: DOFP-10(2)Interstellar-9.5(3)Dawn Of The Planet Of The Apes-9.5(4)Guardians Of The Galaxy-9.5(5)Gone Girl-9(6)Captain America: TWS-9(7)Edge Of Tomorrow-9(8)How To Train Your Dragon 2-9(9)WOWS-8.5(10)Godzilla-8(11)Neighbours-8(12)Amazing Spider-Man 2-7.5(13)Lego Movie-7.5(14)Transformers: AOE-7.5(15)Robocop-7.5(16)Sin City: ADTDF-7(17)300:ROAE-7(18)The Equalizer-7(19)MWTDITW-7(20)47 Ronin-6(21)Monuments Men-5(22)Ride Along-5(23)I, Frankenstein-3
AVEITWITHJAMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:44 AM   #77
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryoscop View Post
Please guys!
Why should you have a problem watching a movie just because it doesn't follow the ideals of your religion? The world is very varied, as long as it's not being racist or sexist i don't think there's much to worry about giving or not your money to see a certain movie.

Either way, the film didn't even talk about evolution much, the central theme is another this time.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:58 AM   #78
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Hey guys i'm not sure if i should see X-men dofp but i want to because i read some of the plot and it sounds really really good but the problem is i'm a christian and i'm afraid that the movie contains anti christian messages because remember X1, X2 Intro where xavier talks about evolotion bottom line is i'm really strong in my faith but i just want one of you guys to confirm if it has these messages or not Thanks.
It's a sci-fi/fantasy story, it's not preaching at you to change your beliefs!

Old 05-26-2014, 06:31 AM   #79
harryoscop
The New Spidey (maybe)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Why should you have a problem watching a movie just because it doesn't follow the ideals of your religion? The world is very varied, as long as it's not being racist or sexist i don't think there's much to worry about giving or not your money to see a certain movie.

Either way, the film didn't even talk about evolution much, the central theme is another this time.
Well.... Thanks lol. believe it or not my family doesn't watch anything that discards christians or christianity. no offense man i just wanted to know if it was like X1\X2 because unlike most CBMs it directly addressed you know. evolution

harryoscop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:02 AM   #80
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Well.... Thanks lol. believe it or not my family doesn't watch anything that discards christians or christianity. no offense man i just wanted to know if it was like X1\X2 because unlike most CBMs it directly addressed you know. evolution
While it doesn't adress evolution as much, there are still some lines about it, like Xavier's voice over dialogues and Trask's main motivation being for his race to escape extinction.

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
~*SHH SIX*~
Old 05-26-2014, 09:34 AM   #81
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Evolution is always going to be apart of X-Men and yes there is talk of evolution from the Neanderthal to the Homo-Sapiens to the Homo Sapiens Superior. If that's a problem don't see the film.

CB Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:38 AM   #82
CB Fan
The Watcher

I like Bryan Singer but I wish he would get a co-director to direct his action sequences because outside of a few they are always lacking to me.

Old 05-26-2014, 02:07 PM   #83
cheungcheung
Side-Kick

Such an improvement over the giant slayer movie....

Welcome back Bryan

cheungcheung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:10 AM   #84
batman1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB Fan View Post
I like Bryan Singer but I wish he would get a co-director to direct his action sequences because outside of a few they are always lacking to me.
We could go back to the Wolverine 2009 days. Maybe we should just understand everyones not perfect and accept the greatness for what it is. I was satisfied with dofp.

batman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:19 AM   #85
P Supreme
Side-Kick

I hope they keep him around and let him do WHAT HE WANTS and don't interfere his xmovies are the best in the series

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:22 AM   #86
Eros
Side-Kick

His superman returns was trash and so was that giant slayer nonsense, but he is back in top form with Days of Future past. Maybe he should stick to X-men movies

Old 05-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #87
P Supreme
Side-Kick

it's amazing what he was capable of doing with x1 with that budget now you see with x2 and DOFP what he can do with a proper budget I would assume to realize Apocalypse he would need a substantial budget which
Im confident he will get obviously

P Supreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #88
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eros View Post
His superman returns was trash and so was that giant slayer nonsense, but he is back in top form with Days of Future past. Maybe he should stick to X-men movies
Jack The Giant Slayer was better than Sam Raimi's Oz The Great and Powerful. Valkyrie is an underrated movie.

And Superman Returns was not a bad movie either, it was just not what Superman fans wanted to see. (Though there are many things I think Singer should have avoided in the SR story. )

And, I thought that X-Men DOFP was better than Cap America The Winter Solider.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !

Last edited by Bruce_Begins; 05-27-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Bruce_Begins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:39 PM   #89
Storm22
Side-Kick

I really hope both Singer and Kinberg are back for Apocalypse.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:00 PM   #90
CB Fan
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by batman1 View Post
We could go back to the Wolverine 2009 days. Maybe we should just understand everyones not perfect and accept the greatness for what it is. I was satisfied with dofp.

Yes cause that's clearly what I was asking for in my post, to go back to Wolverine Origins. Singer sets a great tone in his films and has great dramatic/character moments but the action could be better especially the mutant vs mutant fights. Hell even with the super powered Sentinels of the future I was hoping to see a bit more with the action. Apocalypse will be the true test of his directing (action wise) and I hope the scenes will be every bit the visual eye candy you get in something like 'Transformers'.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:03 PM   #91
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Sorry i don't want to see anything similar to transformers with X-Men.

Old 05-27-2014, 01:33 PM   #92
Lord
All Mighty

I did think that the portal fights were very impressive though.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 05-27-2014, 02:39 PM   #93
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Jack The Giant Slayer was better than Sam Raimi's Oz The Great and Powerful. Valkyrie is an underrated movie.

And Superman Returns was not a bad movie either, it was just not what Superman fans wanted to see. (Though there are many things I think Singer should have avoided in the SR story. )

And, I thought that X-Men DOFP was better than Cap America The Winter Solider.
I +1 all your sentiments!

Old 05-27-2014, 03:18 PM   #94
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Remy Lebeau View Post
I +1 all your sentiments!
I also agree with what has been said.

But,since i am one of biggest Bryan Singer films fans here others dismiss my feelings on his films.

Old 05-27-2014, 04:22 PM   #95
Tehmeh
Everybody likes bewbs

Quote:
You don't have to believe in (insert thing) if it's mentioned in a movie. Evolution is just a natural part of this franchise, there's nothing preachy about it in the movies. And even in X2, Nightcrawler was religious which was a nice touch to have.

Your parents may oppose DOFP, but if you're old enough to see it yourself, you'll notice that you just saw a good action movie and that nothing changed in your life. Ultimately the movie is about hope and to some extent sacrifice. Religious or not, always good themes.

I'm religious myself, perhaps not of the strictest kind, but for me these are just exciting stories with interesting characters. That's what I guess it's about for most people.

Tehmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 07:55 PM   #96
The Dark Defender
Unite and Fight

IMO, Days of Future Past is the first good film he's made.

I hated his previous X-Men films, Superman Returns was a bore, and I think Usual Suspects is decently by wildly overrated.

I like the new film though, so that was a pleasant surprise.

The Dark Defender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 04:42 AM   #97
Lord
All Mighty

You can't really blame Bryan Singer by the limitations he was given in the first 2 X-Men films, the studio and Rothman barelly gave him anything to work with, and he was still able to do an amazing work with the scraps that he was given.

~*SHH SIX*~
Old 05-28-2014, 09:58 PM   #98
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
You can't really blame Bryan Singer by the limitations he was given in the first 2 X-Men films, the studio and Rothman barelly gave him anything to work with, and he was still able to do an amazing work with the scraps that he was given.
You speak true my friend!

Old 05-28-2014, 10:02 PM   #99
MarvelU
Side-Kick

He did a good job with this film, no surprised though seeing as X2 is one of the best comic book IMO.

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 11:07 PM   #100
Sundancer
Cynicist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randal Graves View Post
So does Simon Kinberg. He wrote and produced the best comic book movie of the year after being called a hack and other choice names for YEARS.
Finally, screenwriter gets credit!

It's easy to think the success of a film relies on a director and it's stars since they're visible.