The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #76
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past SPOILERS! (You have been warned!) - Part 3

I loved the flashback with Charles and Raven from First Class.

I thought that was well done.

WC Avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:00 PM   #77
CGHulk
Green Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
So the scene with Mystique as Stryker leads to Wolverine 3.
I think she just turned into Stryker to save Wolverine from drowning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasjan View Post
You think both will be new riders?
Wonder who are the 4 riders in ancient Egypt.
The writer said that they represent The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, not the literally, just symbolically.

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead

Last edited by CGHulk; 05-23-2014 at 07:09 PM.
CGHulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:05 PM   #78
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

BTW!!! I liked that Beast had hair like the comics in the film at the end with OLD BEASTIE. Grammer Version

Last edited by WC Avengers; 05-23-2014 at 07:21 PM.
Old 05-23-2014, 07:19 PM   #79
AW1
Newbie First Class

Thought the film was great. The opening scene was really well done setting up the state of the mutant community in 2023, the first fight scene was also awesome too, can't believe Iceman had his head stamped on!

Really liked the fact that Mystique killed Trask and it was her first kill which led to the events of the dark future happening, felt that it fleshed out the character we saw in X1-3, made sense that she would turn out the way she did because of the torture she went through at the hands of Trask Industries.

Did feel like the scenes in the future at the start were really fast paced, was expecting the whole X-Men to fight the sentinels before they sent Wolverine back and there be some form of disagreement when Xavier proposed the idea, but in terms of the story it fit well because there wasn't so much time so the idea that Xavier had the idea already made sense. Although it would have been nice to see some dialogue between Kitty & Iceman when they were embracing before she sent Wolverine back.

Don't really understand why people are complaining about how Kitty can phase people through time and Wolverine's claws. Mutants can undergo secondary mutations and its clear that Magneto would've rebonded the adamantium.

Although the future characters didn't get much dialogue or development (Blink, Warpath, Bishop and Sunspot) I thought Singer did really well to subtly get across the sense of danger and how big the problem was; When Colossus was about to die for the first time the facial expression he made just summed up how desperate the situation was, Bishops reaction to Storms death was brilliant and the way he died was crazy too and Kittys face as Iceman was dying and when the Sentinels were closing in on them before the timeline altered were all really good.

Along with that, the death scenes were very well done and I couldn't actually believe it was a 12 or PG13! Seems like they pushed the barriers there what with the nudity, swearing, death scenes and Wolverine getting the metal stabbed into him by Magneto. Every mutant that died got a pretty good death scene, I gasped when Storm died because even though it was teased on the trailer but I never actually thought they'd do it. Colossus getting ripped in two was crazy and the sheer horror on Icemans face as he was melted was mad too.

I thought the action in the 70s was quite underwhelming at times, mainly the Mags v Beast fight and the future changing event with Mystique dropping the gun kind of felt a bit jarring because it ended with no real big ending. The scene where Beast used his serum to transform so the Sentinel wouldn't pick him up was annoying.

The future scenes felt weird because in essence they were glorified cameos and extended power pieces for the mutants (with the exception of Xavier) HOWEVER I thought this worked out fine because the 70s part provided the story, depth and excitement and the future provided the brutal action. And both provided enough emotion, so they leveled and balanced each other out which i liked very much. Also, it is hard for the action to be crazy in the 70s because there isn't really an X-Men team so it doesn't call for team action.

Loved the nods to previous films too, Mystique looking through Trask's files felt really reminiscent of X2 when she looks through Strykers computer. Xavier reading Wolverines mind and meeting up with his future self was awesome, felt like X1 when Xavier reads Senator Kelly, Magneto firing the metal balls at the guards was cool, nice nod back to X1 with the balls on the table.

Jackman probably put his best performance in as Wolverine here, In the 70s he really did feel like Wolverine. I think the best thing about Jackman is that he can portray the bezerker Wolverine but also really portrays the sense of honor (not sure if you can call it that but whatever) that Wolverine has, which fleshes out the character.

Quicksilver was really entertaining, liked the subtle hints to him and Mags being father/son, was really funny at times especially when Mags said he'd killed the president and he turned over too the guard and said HOLY ****! hahahaha

Past Magneto was great too, can understand why it felt somewhat stupid that he would go against Xavier when he knew what happened in the future, but i took it that when he said they had a 'second chance' he meant a second chance to make mutants the superior race. Chemistry between him and McAvoy on the plane scene was absolutely brilliant, the facial expression from Fassbender showed that Magneto wanted to reconcile with Charles but kind of knew he couldn't because of their differing ideals.

Liked the way that the final bit of the film cut from past to future, watching all our favorite mutants die while Wolverine, Beast and Xavier tried to stop Mystique and Magneto really raised the stakes and drove the suspense to another level, hit home how important Wolverine succeeding was and even though we obviously knew he would survive it was awesome. I also liked how Wolverine slashed Kitty, think that added that extra dramatic touch too.

Young Xavier recognizing Wolverine from FC and Wolverine telling Xavier to remember Scott, Jean and Storm were nice touches although I don't know why he said Storm instead of Ororo lmao oh well.

Really liked the tying in with history like in First Class, thought the scene with Beast being trapped on the fountain by Magneto was great, the way everyone was taking pictures and Beast growled and looked vulnerable really added to the way they have developed Beast over FC and DOFP, hopefully by the time Apoc rolls around we will see a strong and imposing Beast. Same goes for Mystique at the hospital scene.

Having McAvoy do the closing voiceover was really really cool, almost felt like passing the torch and was cool having future Xavier do the opening one, nice touch.

The last scene with Wolverine walking round the mansion seeing all the X-Men was AWESOME, i was literally whispering HOLY ****!! in the cinema hahaha, thought it was cool that Beast appeared even though I already knew it would happen and seeing Scott and Jean was cool, Jean looked her best but Scotts glasses were a bit iffy haha. This scene was kind of bittersweet because as people have said the OT actors are pretty much the X-Men now and it felt really like the X-Men at this scene, i don't see why they can't ditch Wolverine 3 and do one more blowout OT film.

Post credits scene was great too, loved the way it panned in from the back of Apoc and I thought they got his look pretty spot on too, it's obvious that once the film comes around he will look like the Apocalypse every one knows.

All in all, it was a really well done film, I did feel at one point it was going to be not what I expected because the opening scenes were so fast and at times with the excitement it felt overwhelming, but when past Xavier dug out the chair that's when it really picked up and ran strong. After that it was pretty much awesome all the way through.

AW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 07:21 PM   #80
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by AW1 View Post
TWolverine telling Xavier to remember Scott, Jean and Storm were nice touches although I don't know why he said Storm instead of Ororo lmao oh well.
Yes, why would he tell him to remember the name Storm, which she wouldn't be using when he found her...

Old 05-23-2014, 07:47 PM   #81
OroroDaGoddess
Whether Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by DOFP View Post
I also liked the scene when Logan and and Xavier are talking on the jet, and Logan tells Xavier that no matter what happens on that day he has to remember to recruit Storm, Scott, And Jean. I thought it was pretty cool.

Yes! I really enjoyed that scene.

OroroDaGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:03 PM   #82
SANDMAN55
Side-Kick

I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, but I'm hoping someone can clarify two things for me. Since this movie is acknowledging X3:The Last Stand, how is old Xavier alive in and how does Magneto have his powers in the future scenes based on Xavier dying and Magneto losing his powers?

SANDMAN55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:11 PM   #83
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDMAN55 View Post
I'm sorry if this has been asked previously, but I'm hoping someone can clarify two things for me. Since this movie is acknowledging X3:The Last Stand, how is old Xavier alive in and how does Magneto have his powers in the future scenes based on Xavier dying and Magneto losing his powers?
SEE ENDING OF X3 at the old folks home
SEE AFTER CREDITS scene of Xavier's twin

Old 05-23-2014, 08:13 PM   #84
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Could anyone tell what they used from the wolverine?

In weapon X flashback I could tell it's was from X_Men and X2.At one point they had shot of josh Helman In the flashback along with brain Cox.None of Danny Huston.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:29 PM   #85
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
Could anyone tell what they used from the wolverine?

In weapon X flashback I could tell it's was from X_Men and X2.At one point they had shot of josh Helman In the flashback along with brain Cox.None of Danny Huston.
When Prof X is reading his mind, they show clips of him getting burned by the Nuke. That's the only one I remember.

During the credits, there are 2 names that I noticed. There was Red head little girl and Peter's sister by different actresses. I'm assuming these both reference to Scarlet Witch, but I don't know which refers to the one in Quicksilver's lap at the end. Was there a deleted scene with her? Unless I'm forgetting someone else in the movie.

The_Shadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #86
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Yes, why would he tell him to remember the name Storm, which she wouldn't be using when he found her...
The general audience wouldn't have recognized the name Ororo. If that doesn't work, whenever Charles finds a girl able control the weather, her name will obviously be Storm lol.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:33 PM   #87
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I think red head little girl was girl seen during magneto moving staduem to white huse and
peter's sister was little girl briefly seen as the Maximoff family sees magneto on TV.

Old 05-23-2014, 08:42 PM   #88
HauntedKnight
Side-Kick

So my 2 cents. I thought this movie was brilliant and everything I've ever wanted. 2 nitpicky things though:
1) I watched both main trailers and avoided all spoilers for this movie. Yet, I still feel the trailers gave too much away. It felt like I'd seen everything already now I just was able to put it in order in my head. It's only a shame because I did avoid everything else. Still, I didn't enjoy it less because of this just now wish I had avoided the 2 main trailers.

2) Next to Apocalypse, the Sentinels are my second favorite 'villain' for the X-Men. The future ones were awesome, but I really wanted more past sentinel action. We only really had the one actually do anything. And maybe some TAS voices would have been cool lol. Still, I loved them.

HauntedKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #89
ss3walkman
Wolverine as a Horsemen!

Alright then, how do you rank DOFP compared to The Winter Soldier? (Assuming everyone feels Spidey 2 isn't on par)

ss3walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 08:57 PM   #90
OroroDaGoddess
Whether Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntedKnight View Post
I watched both main trailers and avoided all spoilers for this movie. Yet, I still feel the trailers gave too much away. It felt like I'd seen everything already now I just was able to put it in order in my head. It's only a shame because I did avoid everything else. Still, I didn't enjoy it less because of this just now wish I had avoided the 2 main trailers.

I felt the same way. During the middle and ending of the movie I kept having this "I know what's gonna happen next" feeling. 'Til I realized I have. In the trailers... Mainly from the 3rd trailer.

OroroDaGoddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #91
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
When Prof X is reading his mind, they show clips of him getting burned by the Nuke. That's the only one I remember.

During the credits, there are 2 names that I noticed. There was Red head little girl and Peter's sister by different actresses. I'm assuming these both reference to Scarlet Witch, but I don't know which refers to the one in Quicksilver's lap at the end. Was there a deleted scene with her? Unless I'm forgetting someone else in the movie.
Peter's sister was the girl in his lap. The red head was the girl who stopped to look at Magneto flying the stadium as it went by. Neither were the Scarlet Witch as Singer said flat out she's not in the film.

Specter313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:09 PM   #92
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkangel View Post
Fox, Donner, Singer and Famke hide well the cameo, well good job
And Marsden, Marsden is always forgotten !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
one of worst batmans ever :word: i really dont see what it's good about nolan movies (except Joker), batman would never disappear because of some girl dying...
DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:25 PM   #93
Team Andino
The Paragon of Virtue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss3walkman View Post
Alright then, how do you rank DOFP compared to The Winter Soldier? (Assuming everyone feels Spidey 2 isn't on par)
It's tough to compare because they're both very different movies with different themes surrounding them. None the less I'd still say it might be better than TWS because of the grand sense of closure as well as new beginnings DoFP offers.

Team Andino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #94
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

This has probably been answered already, but where does the altered future take the younger mutants like Warpath, Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, etc?

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #95
The_Shadow
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyIsBlue View Post
This has probably been answered already, but where does the altered future take the younger mutants like Warpath, Bishop, Blink, Sunspot, etc?
I'd guess that's the slated team for X-Force along with Wolverine... Those characters and the action we saw from them have some serious potential.

Old 05-23-2014, 10:06 PM   #96
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Shadow View Post
I'd guess that's the slated team for X-Force along with Wolverine... Those characters and the action we saw from them have some serious potential.
I hope some of the OT members like Colossus can still join!

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:28 PM   #97
CyclopsWasRight
Well, he was.

They are all available in the future era. Costuming would be quite different if used

(90%-100% = Excellent. 80%-90% = Great. 70%-80% = Very Good. 60%-70% = Good. 50%-60% = Okay.
40%-50% = Mediocre. 30%-40% = Poor. 20%-30% = Bad. 0%-20% = Awful)
CyclopsWasRight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:37 PM   #98
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
I loved the flashback with Charles and Raven from First Class.

I thought that was well done.
I always find that scene touching. You know just the feeling that you thought you were alone and then you found someone that is like you.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 10:59 PM   #99
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

So, let me get this straight...in the "Original" (Unaltered) timeline, Charles had still gone through a bad emotional slump, as seen in this film (prior to Wolverine confronting him) but managed to eventually find his way back on his own. Am I correct?

So is it safe to presume that because Charles had taken so long (in the original timeline) to get back onto his feet, well metaphorically speaking.lol, and since he was still jaded by his past experiences...that this is one of the reasons why things went as bad as they did in the original timeline? Because he didn't do things properly as he would have now after having interacted with Wolverine and his future self?

herolee10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2014, 11:04 PM   #100
TheSpectacular
Christian and proud

2nd best cbm this year.

I smiled when
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Cyclops and Jean appeared

Guardians of the Galaxy- 4/10
TheSpectacular is offline   Reply With Quote