The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-24-2014, 12:08 AM   #101
icekid
Side-Kick

Default Re: Days of Future Past SPOILERS! (You have been warned!) - Part 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
So, let me get this straight...in the "Original" (Unaltered) timeline, Charles had still gone through a bad emotional slump, as seen in this film (prior to Wolverine confronting him) but managed to eventually find his way back on his own. Am I correct?

So is it safe to presume that because Charles had taken so long (in the original timeline) to get back onto his feet, well metaphorically speaking.lol, and since he was still jaded by his past experiences...that this is one of the reasons why things went as bad as they did in the original timeline? Because he didn't do things properly as he would have now after having interacted with Wolverine and his future self?
Correct. He was way into his slump when all the events that lead to DoFP happened so he never did anything about them. He eventually came into beign the person we know, probably in the 80s, when he took in Ororo, Jean and Scott.

icekid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:26 AM   #102
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Quote:
Originally Posted by icekid View Post
Correct. He was way into his slump when all the events that lead to DoFP happened so he never did anything about them. He eventually came into beign the person we know, probably in the 80s, when he took in Ororo, Jean and Scott.
Makes sense. Plus, I'm guessing that after learning what he did from Wolverine's thoughts and memories, he probably also realized that spending the next several decades locked in a battle with Magneto and trying to control Jean when he encounters someone like her would not be the wisest thing to do.

Though I do wonder if we'll ever find out as to whether Charles and Erik had ever confronted Apocalypse in the original timeline, especially after remembering on how Professor X had told Wolverine, back in the first film, on how there are much more powerful mutants out in the world that Logan cannot begin to comprehend.

I'm actually curious in seeing on how Charles and company from the past eventually make it to the happy ending that we saw in the new future, especially with everything he knows. I mean, I just can't imagine this new timeline going down the same way that it did with X-Men 1-3.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:32 AM   #103
guitarsingerguy
BK-201

I have a feeling Apoc has been in a slumber or just not in the picture, and altering the timeline caused whatever the situation with him in the 80's is.

guitarsingerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:34 AM   #104
SANDMAN55
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
SEE ENDING OF X3 at the old folks home
SEE AFTER CREDITS scene of Xavier's twin
I guess I was always confused by these scenes. How was Xavier able to come back alive and how was Magneto able to move the chess piece although his powers were "cured"?

SANDMAN55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:36 AM   #105
xtianrobi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SANDMAN55 View Post
I guess I was always confused by these scenes. How was Xavier able to come back alive and how was Magneto able to move the chess piece although his powers were "cured"?
That scene just showed that the Cure is not permanent.

xtianrobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:39 AM   #106
ss3walkman
Wolverine as a Horsemen!

I'm currently watching X2. Will be watching X3 (and the ending of the Wolverine lol) before seeing DOFP tomorrow night. Man.. X2 is such a great freakin movie! I've always had it in my top 3 (only putting TDK and Avengers over it) but watching it now reminds me how great it is even more. If people say DOFP is better than X2 it must be effin AMAZING!

ss3walkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:48 AM   #107
herolee10
S.W. Mourner

Honestly...if you just took out x3 and Origins out of existence, along with modifying things like Charles's line about Erik having helped him in creating Cerebro...while modifying Wolverine's "Guilt" in "The Wolverine"..then there wouldn't really be any continuity issues within this franchise.

herolee10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 12:57 AM   #108
GregComicFan
movie and comic buff

I know this will be an unpopular opinion, but I think DOFP should end both the original trilogy cast and the first-class cast.

Hard reboot from here.

By having DOFP try to connect the first class (FC) cast with the original trilogy (OT) it effectively made FT part of the OT and now there is no such thing as FC being a "soft reboot" of the X-Men franchise, which it seemed was the original intention. So now that intention is out the window.

Why continue from here in the 1980s with the FC cast and an Apocalypse storyline? DOFP opens up as many loose-ends and questions as it answers and wraps up... like...

What happens to Mystique and Wolverine in the 1970s? Why would Mystique pose as Stryker to take possession of Wolverine?

So what happened to Jean Grey after X2? Did she return as the Phoenix but not kill Scott and somehow they helped her back to sanity?

Magneto and Xavier parted as enemies again (1970s) but the future war with the shape-shifting sentinels in the future is what brought them back together as allies.... but now that war with the sentinels never happens. So are Xavier and Magneto destined to be enemies forever in the new timeline?

Won't the FC cast in the X-Men: Apocalypse sequel be constantly wary of Mystique's DNA and the possibility of a horrible future?

So 20th Century Fox made "The Wolverine" and then basically stated that it never occurred with DOFP? lol that's funny...

and where will Wolverine 3 (2016 and supposedly Jackman's final outing) take place in the timeline? very confusing and a challenging task for the writers.

I think the FC and OT are too tied together now. It will always be confusing and the timeline so convoluted to continue it from here.

All of the OT cast (including Hugh Jackman) are done with these characters.

... and the FC cast is only signed for one more film probably any ways...

I think they should just recast (Storm, Wolverine, Jean Gray, Cyclops, ProfX) and make a new X-Men movie with Apocalypse, or Mr. Sinister, or whoever as the villain and let it be the start of new adventures (and new trilogy)

The final scene basically gave the FC/OT storyline a happy ending. And Magneto as the villain is done... done... done... done... give him a rest already.

Last edited by GregComicFan; 05-24-2014 at 01:19 AM.
GregComicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:24 AM   #109
DCW
Side-Kick

Quick/stupid question: what's the purpose of mystique being on the boat with wolverine in the last scene? While watching the movie I thought it was the real striker which would have been a nice nod to the whole weapon x situation.

DCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:29 AM   #110
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtianrobi View Post
That scene just showed that the Cure is not permanent.
I always took that scene as the 'cure' couldn't surpress the powers of someone as powerful as Magento for long even with triple the dose. I always imagined that Rogue (for example) would get her powers back years later.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:30 AM   #111
GregComicFan
movie and comic buff

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCW View Post
Quick/stupid question: what's the purpose of mystique being on the boat with wolverine in the last scene? While watching the movie I thought it was the real striker which would have been a nice nod to the whole weapon x situation.
I dont get it either... which is why my above post states DOFP opens more questions than it answers.

GregComicFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:30 AM   #112
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Quote:
I agree. Removing the 'eye flash' would have made the scene play better for me.

spider-neil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 01:39 AM   #113
Legion
Side-Kick

I see it as an indication that the time line WILL be different than the previous one. So now we will be curious to see how things turn out.

Legion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 02:04 AM   #114
DarthDorranceBane
Side-Kick

Charles didn't have a twin in FC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neno_Kos View Post
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
one of worst batmans ever :word: i really dont see what it's good about nolan movies (except Joker), batman would never disappear because of some girl dying...
DarthDorranceBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:06 AM   #115
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

For everyone who has seen the movie:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Now that Mystique is posing as Stryker, does this mean she will be running Weapon X? Will there be a three way tango between the X-Men, The Brotherhood and Weapon X?

Seeing how she doesn't want to hurt mutants, I don't see how she would be willing to experiment on Logan and be the one to give him his adamantium upgrade.

Perhaps she falls in line as one of Apocalypse's horsemen and he gives Logan his adamantium bones?

Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:22 AM   #116
dodokorman
Newbie First Class

I loved the movie but i just don't understand why they had to rescue magneto from the prison in the first place..i mean everything could have been much more easier right ?

dodokorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:33 AM   #117
Lone
Level 70 Social Leper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodokorman View Post
I loved the movie but i just don't understand why they had to rescue magneto from the prison in the first place..i mean everything could have been much more easier right ?
From my understanding, future Charles and Erik wanted Logan to convince them to work together instead of butt heads. I guess past Erik is too stubborn to change.

I like how people complain about the five thousand or so lives lost in MOS while totally ignoring the seven billion one hundred twenty-four million nine hundred ninety-five thousand other people Superman saved by taking out the World Engine.
Lone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 05:52 AM   #118
Masone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HauntedKnight View Post
So my 2 cents. I thought this movie was brilliant and everything I've ever wanted. 2 nitpicky things though:
1) I watched both main trailers and avoided all spoilers for this movie. Yet, I still feel the trailers gave too much away. It felt like I'd seen everything already now I just was able to put it in order in my head. It's only a shame because I did avoid everything else. Still, I didn't enjoy it less because of this just now wish I had avoided the 2 main trailers.

2) Next to Apocalypse, the Sentinels are my second favorite 'villain' for the X-Men. The future ones were awesome, but I really wanted more past sentinel action. We only really had the one actually do anything. And maybe some TAS voices would have been cool lol. Still, I loved them.
This is precisely why I avoid all trailers. Even the pre-movie trailers in the theater, I close my eyes. Trailers spoil too much. I feel like my movie experience is so much better not knowing anything.

Masone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:02 AM   #119
kasjan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CGHulk View Post
I think she just turned into Stryker to save Wolverine from drowning.
She was in shelter when Magneto did it to Wolverine. She doesn't even know where Logan would be and she didn't met him earlier (scene with Mystique in mansion was cut). Also the real Stryker was in shelter, so how would he know about Logan in water.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:05 AM   #120
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthDorranceBane View Post
Charles didn't have a twin in FC.
How do you know? We never saw his birth scene, lol...

Old 05-24-2014, 06:07 AM   #121
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Honestly...if you just took out x3 and Origins out of existence, along with modifying things like Charles's line about Erik having helped him in creating Cerebro...while modifying Wolverine's "Guilt" in "The Wolverine"..then there wouldn't really be any continuity issues within this franchise.
So you have to get rid of two films and change another.

Old 05-24-2014, 06:52 AM   #122
Mrs Vimes
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodokorman View Post
That's precisely why he had to be busted out of the prison.

The official reason given in the movie is that, because Mystique used to be with Magneto, she'd be more likely to listen to him. I however found it extremely flimsy, especially since in the end they managed just fine without him, and were clearly willing to use force rather than talk to stop her. The danger of having someone as volatile as Magneto on the team was totally not worth it.

I wish the movie had more backstory on what Mystique was up to in the 10 years since Magneto got captured. Did the whole brotherhood fall apart then and there, and everyone went their own ways? Oh and how come Magneto knew about the fates of the FC mutants in his jail cell, while Mystique it seems only found out in the course of the film?

Mrs Vimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #123
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
It sets up an element of uncertainty - we really don't know how this will play out. It's less obvious than having it be the real Stryker. Makes you think: So what happens next? How does he get his adamantium? Where's the real Stryker? They don't want to join all the dots neatly for you.

Old 05-24-2014, 07:11 AM   #124
Spider-Fan83
Thwip Thwip

maybe Mystique, took on the identity of Stryker to start recruiting her own team of mutants...

Spider-Fan83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2014, 07:12 AM   #125
TWayneP
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
It sets up an element of uncertainty - we really don't know how this will play out. It's less obvious than having it be the real Stryker. Makes you think: So what happens next? How does he get his adamantium? Where's the real Stryker? They don't want to join all the dots neatly for you.
I liken it to the end of Inception, genius I say! It opens up a whole world of debate and speculation.