The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-25-2014, 11:19 PM   #51
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

Default Re: Deleted Scenes Thread

Any idea what these were used for?

If I remember, these were for young Eric but the knife is used in another deleted with future Eric (seen a few posts above). Maybe he helps kitty?

Edit: Future Erics Knife is a little different

Old 05-25-2014, 11:51 PM   #52
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Xavier looking on in the xjet at something caught on fire?

Might have been the Rogue sequence

In this video right at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShE9igACUUc

MarvelU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 03:40 AM   #53
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Alternate footage: BRIGHT white screen was used when the Wolverine goes back in time. The original trailer 2 showed a tunnel of red objects flying bye while Logan screams.

Alternate footage: In the movie when bar Hooker (baby) Mystique in the room with the Vietnamese general who she assumes the character of later. In trailer 2 it shows a different up and down reveal as she changes into Mystique. In the film it reveals a down and up before she say's "what's a matter baby, don't think I look pretty this way?'

Last edited by WC Avengers; 05-29-2014 at 03:46 AM.
WC Avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:07 AM   #54
Human Torch
OK,who brought the dog?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Andino View Post
I'm really looking forward to seeing the scene with Rogue in the future with Mageneto and Iceman on the Blu-Ray. Wonder if it would of been too much to show in the beginning or if it might actually add to the horror of the future.
You know what would be really cool?If they shot a couple additional minutes and release it as a "One Shot" type short!

Old 05-29-2014, 04:27 AM   #55
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I was thinking about that, but I don't think it can be seen as an One Shot since Iceman is supposed to die in that scene.

What they should do is promote this deleted rescue Rogue for the DVD/Blu-Ray release and release HQ pics of Rogue.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:35 AM   #56
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
I was thinking about that, but I don't think it can be seen as an One Shot since Iceman is supposed to die in that scene.

What they should do is promote this deleted rescue Rogue for the DVD/Blu-Ray release and release HQ pics of Rogue.
They should put Rogue's scenes back in for an Extended Edition of this movie on the DVD/Blu-ray to appeal especially to the Rogue fans.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:40 AM   #57
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

My issue with putting Rogue's scenes back in the movie is it makes the story different. It doesn't feel like an extended version but an alternate version.

Old 05-29-2014, 04:41 AM   #58
merbass
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
I'm so glad they cut this. Blink was so badass and the ultimate team player. Magneto threatening her would have been so jarring.
I think this could be when The older X-men arrive at the Chinese temple. We saw Warpath crawling on the roof with hostile Bishop. Perhaps they had conversation before Bobby comes out of the temple.

merbass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 04:57 AM   #59
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
Xavier looking on in the xjet at something caught on fire?

Might have been the Rogue sequence

In this video right at the beginning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShE9igACUUc
I'd wager that was the X-Mansion he was looking at, the promo art showed it on fire (for some reason)

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:00 AM   #60
kevork89
Rogue + Gambit = WIN!!!

I'm confused why is Magneto threatening Blink?

They cut a good 15-20 minute chunk from the film. All around the Rogue scene. Cutting the Rogue sequence not only made them change the ending to Kitty holding on but also a small part of the past where Mystique returns to the mansion. I really wonder how they would have fit that in and why ultimately they decided against it. Clearly they had convinced her to return. Maybe Logan's talk to her set her off and she left. I kind of wish we saw this because we didn't have any interaction between Logan and Mystique. And I would have loved to see how he talked to her knowing what she has done in the future.

The problem with the extended cut everyone wants is that they completely changed everything. So even if they include Rogue's sequence, where would it go from them. We know Kitty hold on and finishes the mission. In the original cut they return with Rogue and Kitty sacrifices herself so Rogue can continue the mission because Kitty becomes too weak. So if they extend it they would also have to make a completely alternate cut. I doubt they will do this.

kevork89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:06 AM   #61
JLMHodge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevork89 View Post
I'm confused why is Magneto threatening Blink?

They cut a good 15-20 minute chunk from the film. All around the Rogue scene. Cutting the Rogue sequence not only made them change the ending to Kitty holding on but also a small part of the past where Mystique returns to the mansion. I really wonder how they would have fit that in and why ultimately they decided against it. Clearly they had convinced her to return. Maybe Logan's talk to her set her off and she left. I kind of wish we saw this because we didn't have any interaction between Logan and Mystique. And I would have loved to see how he talked to her knowing what she has done in the future.

The problem with the extended cut everyone wants is that they completely changed everything. So even if they include Rogue's sequence, where would it go from them. We know Kitty hold on and finishes the mission. In the original cut they return with Rogue and Kitty sacrifices herself so Rogue can continue the mission because Kitty becomes too weak. So if they extend it they would also have to make a completely alternate cut. I doubt they will do this.
I was wondering the same thing. It does seem like a completely different film with all these cuts and changes.

JLMHodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 06:47 PM   #62
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Focussed in on where the Rogue scene would go when I watched it again tonight.

There's a clear moment after Kitty gets wounded where Bobby, Xavier and Magneto talk about how she can't go on. I imagine originally, this discussion to buy more time involved getting something from the Mansion to help stabilise her. Unbeknownst to them, the sentinels have taken over, so they infiltrate it, and discover Rogue there. Bring Rogue back, but Bobby dies at the Mansion.

Rogue takes over from a wounded Kitty who fills in for Bobby as the last stand when the sentinels break through. Bobby's scene is clearly done in reshoots (he runs off shot and gets melted instantly), so I imagine that's how it would have played out.

That all sounds great to me, but when all is said and done, that would have interrupted the flow. 10 mins spent on a jolly at the mansion would have been great, but taken SO much from the momentum of the 70s

Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 05-29-2014, 08:34 PM   #63
Smilodon
Side-Kick

In the Empire podcast interview, Kinberg mentioned that they cut the Rogue rescue sequence because they felt as if utilizing Rogue was almost like cheating and stopping the clock on Kitty's dwindling health thus removing all the tension built up from her getting hurt. If they had Rogue, they could have more time travel and thus detract from the urgency of Logan's mission at hand.

It's an understandable decision and I do agree it would've detracted from an already titanic plot. The film was incredibly streamlined in order to make it as simple as possible and adding another action sequence in the middle of arguably the most important part of the narrative where McAvoy meets Stewart and whatnot would've been tough.

That being said, I think the second act of the film could've benefited from more future stuff to let the film breathe. A bit more dialogue between Storm and co, or maybe more dialogue in the opening act of the film, since there were cut scenes where the future mutants probably argued with Xavier and co. about their all or nothing gamble to send Logan back. (Blink in her power piece has a line cut from the film where she says "We have to keep moving" which makes me think there is a little bit more to the first meeting) But by the time they cut the Rogue scene they probably had no other way to connect the middle other than to push through with just the past scenes. Of course, they had to cut the scenes of Mystique at the mansion too because Logan dreams of Rogue (or something along those lines, the B-roll footage had Jackman saying Rogue's name)

Either way, I think the film turned out pretty well, and I'm glad Singer and co. are providing us the sequence with completed effects and all. I'd kill for an alternate cut with everything before Rogue was cut, but I can understand not getting it as well.

Smilodon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2014, 11:32 PM   #64
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

You gotta wonder though, why didn't they tag along Blink with them for the Rogue mission. Actually why not just have Blink use her powers for any of these off site missions.

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 12:18 AM   #65
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

I'm guessing that wanted to protect the temple at all cost, Blinking being there was more beneficial than on another mission. I agree that just a little bit more of the future scenes would have let the film breathe. A longer battle with the sentinels could've been great, it seems like once Storm got killed they all started to fall like dominoes. Hmmm, suddenly I want some pizza.

- Jean Grey 🔥
KidxMikexMcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 03:02 AM   #66
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
Focussed in on where the Rogue scene would go when I watched it again tonight.

There's a clear moment after Kitty gets wounded where Bobby, Xavier and Magneto talk about how she can't go on. I imagine originally, this discussion to buy more time involved getting something from the Mansion to help stabilise her. Unbeknownst to them, the sentinels have taken over, so they infiltrate it, and discover Rogue there. Bring Rogue back, but Bobby dies at the Mansion.

Rogue takes over from a wounded Kitty who fills in for Bobby as the last stand when the sentinels break through. Bobby's scene is clearly done in reshoots (he runs off shot and gets melted instantly), so I imagine that's how it would have played out.

That all sounds great to me, but when all is said and done, that would have interrupted the flow. 10 mins spent on a jolly at the mansion would have been great, but taken SO much from the momentum of the 70s
And most of it would have took place in the last 30 minutes of the film and the film would just feel so busy.

Maybe if they put in the 1st act, that would have been okay. After Logan successfully wakes up in 1973, Prof X/Magneto/Iceman goes to the X-Mansion to retrieve something and in the process, they saw and rescued Rogue.

In the middle part of the movie, they go back to the monastery and on their way a Sentinel spotted their jet that will lead the army of Sentinels into finding their hideout. Then when they arrived back to the monastery, Kitty is injured because Wolverine scratched her then Wolverine wakes up in the future because Kitty is weak and cannot hold Wolverine's mind anymore. Then Rogue offers to be a substitute to Kitty, Rogue borrows Kitty's power. Then the rest of the movie continues just with some changes like Iceman dies earlier and Kitty uses her power against the Sentinels and she also gets killed by a Sentinel.

Last edited by psylockolussus; 05-30-2014 at 03:06 AM.
Old 05-30-2014, 03:12 AM   #67
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smilodon View Post
That being said, I think the second act of the film could've benefited from more future stuff to let the film breathe. A bit more dialogue between Storm and co, or maybe more dialogue in the opening act of the film, since there were cut scenes where the future mutants probably argued with Xavier and co. about their all or nothing gamble to send Logan back.
The future had like a 40 minute break after Logan arrived in 1973. They were only seen again once Wolverine saw Stryker and after that they consistently went back and forth to the future/1973. More scenes in the future during the 1st hour would have made it more balance. And yes to more dialogue, I was hoping some of them would talk about if Wolverine would make it and change their future or what would happen if the Sentinels found them and Wolverine is still not finished with the mission.

Old 05-30-2014, 04:59 AM   #68
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Then when they arrived back to the monastery, Kitty is injured because Wolverine scratched her then Wolverine wakes up in the future because Kitty is weak and cannot hold Wolverine's mind anymore. Then Rogue offers to be a substitute to Kitty, Rogue borrows Kitty's power.
If Wolverine wakes up, the changes he made take hold so that couldn't happen. It's why they had to push on despite Kitty's injury. Whatever happened, their future would no longer exist.

Which makes me wonder how exactly the swap would have occurred...

Old 05-30-2014, 05:07 AM   #69
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Didn't LSD or someone say Kitty couldn't really hold Wolverine and that Wolverine keeps going back and forth to the future/past. Then the reshoot came in and things became more simple in the future scenes.

Old 05-30-2014, 05:17 AM   #70
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

That would be weird, wouldn't the future keep changing over and over??

Old 05-30-2014, 06:35 AM   #71
Krak66
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WC Avengers View Post
Alternate footage: BRIGHT white screen was used when the Wolverine goes back in time. The original trailer 2 showed a tunnel of red objects flying bye while Logan screams.

Alternate footage: In the movie when bar Hooker (baby) Mystique in the room with the Vietnamese general who she assumes the character of later. In trailer 2 it shows a different up and down reveal as she changes into Mystique. In the film it reveals a down and up before she say's "what's a matter baby, don't think I look pretty this way?'
It's not alternate footage, these scenes were just edited for trailer.

Krak66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:08 AM   #72
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick

Come on, there MUST have be some kind of compromise for Anna's scenes to be taken out. I have a feeling her management at the LEAST fought to have an alternative cut or something. I mean yeah she wasnt going to be in it much, be this is the type of exposure she probably needed in terms of her film career........

Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 09:18 AM   #73
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Top credit, a big wad of cash, her name getting banded around movie circles. I think she did ok

Old 05-30-2014, 04:28 PM   #74
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

I hope we get this shot. was surprised to not see it, but I guess they thought it would be too much considering what happens to the last guy

Old 05-30-2014, 10:25 PM   #75
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice4#Rouge View Post
Come on, there MUST have be some kind of compromise for Anna's scenes to be taken out. I have a feeling her management at the LEAST fought to have an alternative cut or something. I mean yeah she wasnt going to be in it much, be this is the type of exposure she probably needed in terms of her film career........
Well she was still billed 6th or 7th.