The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 05-31-2014, 01:47 AM   #76
Rike
Wat.

Default Re: Deleted Scenes Thread

Interview with visual effects supervisor Richard Stammers
Quote:
How did you split the work amongst the other VFX studios?
MPC – 372 shots (although a major sequence was cut, so this was originally 528).
MPC were responsible largely for the future part of the movie. The full CG future Sentinels were an important part of their work and the characters required interaction with the mutant cast, their associated powers and the environments we place them in. Their work was really complex and they created the Future Sentinel form Concept to Composite. They also did the sequences involving the X-jet and Cerebro’s red virtual world when Xavier searches for mutants.
There will be 156 VFX shots in the Rogue sequence. Nice.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:18 AM   #77
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I can't wait to see what they did to Rogue!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:52 AM   #78
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by eledoremassis02 View Post
I hope we get this shot. was surprised to not see it, but I guess they thought it would be too much considering what happens to the last guy
Is it just me or did they give Wolverine adamantium claws in some shots of this scene? Like perhaps they did it as a curveball to fans analyzing the trailers and TV spots. Those are adamantium in this shot, right? Took another screencap, and I'm not sure if I remember any others from TV spots or features.

And I agree, I was hoping for the full shot of him stabbing the guy, I didn't mind the close-up of Hugh's face but the full one was pretty badass and well shot.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 02:56 AM   #79
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

Ha! I didnt even catch on to that! They do look like adamantium! Maybe cause I'm used to the trailer shot but when I saw it my first thought was "TV censored version" lol

Old 05-31-2014, 02:57 AM   #80
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

I remember Blink saying "We have to keep going" in her power piece in YouTube.

I don't recall hearing her say it in the movie. I hope we get it too. Might mean more dialogues from the future mutants.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:28 AM   #81
KidxMikexMcfly
Omega Telekinetic 🙌🙇

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaD View Post
Is it just me or did they give Wolverine adamantium claws in some shots of this scene? Like perhaps they did it as a curveball to fans analyzing the trailers and TV spots. Those are adamantium in this shot, right? Took another screencap, and I'm not sure if I remember any others from TV spots or features.

And I agree, I was hoping for the full shot of him stabbing the guy, I didn't mind the close-up of Hugh's face but the full one was pretty badass and well shot.
They look like bonel claws to me, it's probably because he's moving so fast it's hard to view accurately.

- Jean Grey 🔥
KidxMikexMcfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 05:59 AM   #82
JaD
Thriller Night

Heh, I dunno, everytime I adjust the colors they get more and more silver, but to each their own.

Either way, like before I wish this shot was in the film too, maybe they had to cut down on the violence in that scene? Wolverine getting shot in that scene wasn't as painless and invincible as it usually is.

James Dean
Old 05-31-2014, 08:27 AM   #83
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Huh, so they edited in adamantium claws to that sequence. How bizarre

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 03:03 PM   #84
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

I noticed this small part was cut

from this pan

Old 05-31-2014, 04:01 PM   #85
Jango X
Mutie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalanche View Post
I'm so glad they cut this. Blink was so badass and the ultimate team player. Magneto threatening her would have been so jarring.
I'm assuming he wasn't straight up threatening her, he was probably defending himself.

In the movie, we see that the new mutants are a little on edge when Xavier's group arrives at the temple. Warpath is watching cautiously from the rooftop and Bishop looked ready for a fight before Iceman stopped him. Clearly they didn't know them.

I'm guessing originally they got closer to actually fighting. In one of the b-roll footage vids we see Wolverine with his claws out and from the Blink/Mags pic I guess she attacked Magneto with the knife and he turned it against her. We actually see her sharpening the knife inside the temple later in the final cut of the movie so it's clearly her knife.

I'm glad they cut it. Doesn't make much sense for Kitty not to let everyone know that they might come.

Jango X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:19 PM   #86
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jango X View Post
I'm assuming he wasn't straight up threatening her, he was probably defending himself.

In the movie, we see that the new mutants are a little on edge when Xavier's group arrives at the temple. Warpath is watching cautiously from the rooftop and Bishop looked ready for a fight before Iceman stopped him. Clearly they didn't know them.

I'm guessing originally they got closer to actually fighting. In one of the b-roll footage vids we see Wolverine with his claws out and from the Blink/Mags pic I guess she attacked Magneto with the knife and he turned it against her. We actually see her sharpening the knife inside the temple later in the final cut of the movie so it's clearly her knife.

I'm glad they cut it. Doesn't make much sense for Kitty not to let everyone know that they might come.
While trying to find it, I found storm dialogue that was cut
http://youtu.be/nYOrFEu7CjU?t=1m6s

I wonder what she meant by "just like before"

Old 05-31-2014, 04:23 PM   #87
DarkXorn
Kick-Side

Kitty most likely summoned the team to the temple or another place prior, but with her changing time to save her and her team from an unexpected Sentinel attack, by the time Xavier they got there they were somewhere else.

DarkXorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:26 PM   #88
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

Ahh that makes sense!

Also found the shot

I assume it leads to this shot

The new mutants probably surround them until Bobby and Kitty came out

Last edited by eledoremassis02; 05-31-2014 at 04:37 PM.
eledoremassis02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:35 PM   #89
Super Film
Side-Kick

It'll be interesting to see the extent of Rogue's deleted role. Two sets she appeared in didn't make it in the movie, the mansion and the interior of the X-Jet. If the effects are complete, it's going to be sweet to see.

Super Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 04:37 PM   #90
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
Huh, so they edited in adamantium claws to that sequence. How bizarre
Well, if you watch the first and 2nd trailer, there are several shots that are simply unfinished, they do it all the time.

I had a thought that they perhaps threw in silver claws as a curveball for fans or a quick effect they threw in for the trailer. But who knows.

James Dean
Old 05-31-2014, 06:57 PM   #91
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Heh that last Colossus shot, I wondered what he was doing in the trailer, there was a bloody great Sentinel there in the movie XD

Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 05-31-2014, 07:09 PM   #92
JaD
Thriller Night

Not to mention it'd be a colossal mistake to engage a sentinel in his human form.

James Dean
Old 05-31-2014, 07:35 PM   #93
Mr. Youtube
Side-Kick

Quote:

No, in the director's walkthrough they released like two days after the trailer Singer explained that they were bone, the CGI just wasn't finished yet.

Mr. Youtube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2014, 07:39 PM   #94
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Youtube View Post
No, in the director's walkthrough they released like two days after the trailer Singer explained that they were bone, the CGI just wasn't finished yet.
Ah, so they're probably just foam triangles.

Still better than the claws in Origins

Old 05-31-2014, 08:40 PM   #95
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Youtube View Post
Well, that's kind of what I was getting at in my other post. Unfinished or rushed in CGI that looks more like silver claws so it makes sense now if you say that it was simply unfinished.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eledoremassis02 View Post
Ahh that makes sense!

Also found the shot

I assume it leads to this shot

The new mutants probably surround them until Bobby and Kitty came out
That does make a lot of sense now, looking at how that scene played out in the film and Warpath dropping down behind them like they thought the X-Men were a threat.

Now I wish the scene was in there, anything extra that has to do with the future I'm interested in

Interesting choice to take it out, but I assume keeping it in would mean they'd have to insert the extra scene of the X-Men having their talk off the jet about where they were. Maybe it felt off.

James Dean
Old 05-31-2014, 11:38 PM   #96
Justice4#Rouge
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Well she was still billed 6th or 7th.
Clever marketing aswell!! When the credits were rolling, and Anna's name appeared, ALOT of people were confused. Someone in front of me said "Wait Rogue was in the movie??", and another " I don't remember seeing Anna in the movie". I bet they went for a second look haha!

But honestly I hope there is an alternative cut...... anyone have any samples

Justice4#Rouge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 12:07 AM   #97
magneto23
Side-Kick

I hope we get an extended/alternate cut. I want to see the Rogue scenes and Mystique mansion scenes IN the movie.

magneto23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:01 PM   #98
xtianrobi
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, that's kind of what I was getting at in my other post. Unfinished or rushed in CGI that looks more like silver claws so it makes sense now if you say that it was simply unfinished.

That does make a lot of sense now, looking at how that scene played out in the film and Warpath dropping down behind them like they thought the X-Men were a threat.

Now I wish the scene was in there, anything extra that has to do with the future I'm interested in

Interesting choice to take it out, but I assume keeping it in would mean they'd have to insert the extra scene of the X-Men having their talk off the jet about where they were. Maybe it felt off.
Now that makes sense why Professor X was explaining what happened while they are inside of the temple.

xtianrobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:17 PM   #99
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Deleted Scene - Charles is Back

Simon Mentions a deleted scene in an interview with BF (buzzfeed.com)

Prof. X, however, was a much trickier puzzle. The Last Stand hinted that Prof. X’s consciousness had been transplanted into another man’s comatose body, but that still didn’t resolve how that body came to look exactly like Patrick Stewart’s by the time the character appeared in the end-credits teaser for 2013’s The Wolverine. “We tried at some point in Days of Future Past having some dialogue about how he was brought back together,” said Kinberg. “It was using other mutant powers to reconstitute him. [But] we just didn’t end up putting it in the movie that had enough explanations and exposition already in it.” In other words, they just wanted Prof. X back, damnit.

Hence: "your not the only one with powers Logan)

WC Avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:28 PM   #100
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

I just came back from the second viewing and noticed that after Warpath jumped off the roof, when Prof. X and them arrived at the temple. The next shot of him behind Prof. X and next to Blink he has his hands on his knives handles but not yet draw which hints at the confrontation they had that was deleted.