The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 06-01-2014, 08:47 PM   #101
WC Avengers
Side-Kick

Default Re: Deleted Scenes Thread

Known DELETED "Rogue Rescue"

Last edited by WC Avengers; 06-01-2014 at 09:05 PM.
WC Avengers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2014, 08:55 PM   #102
DarkXorn
Kick-Side

Don't forget this one.

DarkXorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #103
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

Also noticed future Wolverine saying "This will be fun" was but.

Also, is that Cerbro's door?!?!?

Old 06-02-2014, 03:12 AM   #104
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Yes, I assume thats where they find Rogue!!!

"Kill me before I kill someone else" - X3
"Where else would I be?" - X4
www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:14 AM   #105
SkyIsBlue
Side-Kick

I need to see that scene right nooooooooow.

SkyIsBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:20 AM   #106
JaD
Thriller Night

So this whole Rogue rescue scene, where is she rescued from? Is that actually known or do we have to hope we get the deleted scenes on the blu-ray?

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
JaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 03:35 AM   #107
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I believe they went to X-Mansion to rescue her and she's located at Cerebro.

And Simon Kinberg/Bryan Singer already mentioned the possibility of releasing these scenes in the DVD/Blu-ray release of the film.

Old 06-02-2014, 03:41 AM   #108
JaD
Thriller Night

I figured the Mansion was long gone at that point in the future but that's interesting. It'll be great to see all these deleted scenes. The movie was fantastic but I want to see more

James Dean
Old 06-02-2014, 03:47 AM   #109
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

There's a scene of Prof X in one of the trailers where he is seen riding the X-Jet and behind him, there's a burning building. I believe thats the X-Mansion, it looks similar to the picture posted in the 25 moments viral site. Also there's a hand shot (probably Professor X) that didn't make the final cut.

Plus, there's a picture of Hugh with Anna Paquin's hands, remember the handgate?

Old 06-02-2014, 04:06 AM   #110
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

Hmm, so if Rogue is in Cerebro, maybe that's how the Sentinels were tracking the mutants? Using her to channel psychic power from someone and then identifying where they were

Would have been really cool, but ah well

Coulson: "Sir?"
Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
hoy-small-fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:22 AM   #111
Samarus
Side-Kick

I just want the "I'm a princess, who are you"-scene. It's so cute

Samarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:38 AM   #112
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoy-small-fry View Post
Hmm, so if Rogue is in Cerebro, maybe that's how the Sentinels were tracking the mutants? Using her to channel psychic power from someone and then identifying where they were

Would have been really cool, but ah well
I'm not sure it's ever been said Rogue is in Cerebro. Cerebro may not even be intact, as the mansion has been overtaken and converted into a mutant research facility.

BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:01 AM   #113
BlackFox
Red 5 standing by

Damn more Iceman scenes, guess the cut stuff will be worth seeing at some point then.

(X-Men-Apocalypse:Brace yourselves, WAR is coming)
BlackFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 05:30 PM   #114
stormfan4life
Side-Kick

so wasnt the original plot was for the future sentinels to use rogue powers and adapt to mutants and take their powers

stormfan4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 06:59 PM   #115
Rike
Dadless.

^That's what they were TRYING to do.

"The past: a new and uncertain world. A world of endless possibilities and infinite outcomes. Countless choices define our fate. Each choice, each moment - a ripple in the river of time. Enough ripples and you change the tide, for the future is never truly set."

Rike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2014, 07:04 PM   #116
daniel
Newbie First Class

I want to see this scene ... the sentinels are so much powerfull and they are probably guarding mansion, I wonder how Prof X, Magneto and bobby got there to rescue Rogue ...

daniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 04:11 AM   #117
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

They got there via the Jet, it can cloak remember! And we know there are plenty of passages out from X2

Fury: "You don't have to call me sir, Coulson. Look at me. I'm dressed like I live under a bridge."
Old 06-03-2014, 04:35 AM   #118
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samarus View Post
I just want the "I'm a princess, who are you"-scene. It's so cute
After seeing the .gifs of that Scarlett Witch/Wolverine scene

I don't know why exactly but it reminded me of the cat scene in the kitchen of X2

Just a fun light-hearted interaction between Wolverine and an innocent little one.

James Dean
Old 06-03-2014, 04:51 AM   #119
hoy-small-fry
It's a dance-off bro!

I did miss that scene a lot, but equally, it wouldn't have added much. I just like Hugh saying "I'm the Wolverine"

Old 06-03-2014, 06:27 AM   #120
Cherik
Side-Kick

Are these two shots in the film?

Cherik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 06:40 AM   #121
BMM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherik View Post
Are these two shots in the film?

The last one is, though it's different looking. In the film version, Storm has white eyes and the storm is much more prevalent. You can see the shot in her Power Piece video, around the 27 second mark.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Last edited by BMM; 06-03-2014 at 06:45 AM.
BMM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:08 AM   #122
HopeOfTheFuture
Side-Kick

http://screenrant.com/x-men-days-fut...nes-explained/

Quote:
Although X-Men: Days of Future Past gave Kitty Pryde (Ellen Page) the short end of the stick in the eyes of diehard comic book fans, one former X-Man/Woman was left out of the action entirely. We speak, of course, of Rogue (Anna Paquin), who after standing on the sidelines of the fight in X-Men: The Last Stand was recruited by director Bryan Singer for his time-hopping blockbuster. Rogue was assumed to play a larger role, but wound up left on the cutting room floor. Now, screenwriter Simon Kinberg explains exactly what deleted scenes fans can look forward to, and why they were ultimately removed.

There was a great deal of confusion surrounding Paquin’s involvement in the film from the moment marketing began to ramp up, with Singer initially expressing his regret at having to cut her “one sequence” from the film, despite a strong performance from the actress. Singer would later contradict that claim by stating that Paquin would be seen in the film (those who have seen it know it’s a brief inclusion), yet she still seemed a central enough figure to warrant a magazine cover alongside the rest of the main cast.
Since the film’s release bits and pieces of Rogue’s involvement have been uncovered or deduced, but in an interview with Empire, writer Simon Kinberg sets the record straight on exactly what deleted sequence will be made available on home video, and his motivations – both for writing the scenes, and why they were left out of the finished cut:
“The Rogue subplot was originally there because I wanted a mission for the older Charles and Eric to do, something like Unforgiven – two last gunslingers, Clint Eastwood and Morgan Freeman – that kind of a mission for them. I just loved the idea of that. Nothing in the story necessitated that, but just for a lark, I thought it would be a cool thing to see, because we may never see it again.
“When I initially wrote that, Kitty’s power was running out, and there was this super silly serum that was down in a farmhouse… it was terrible. I don’t even think it went to script, but it went to outline, and [First Class writer/director] Matthew Vaughn said it was terrible, and he was right.”
The desire to feature Patrick Stewart and Ian McKellen in one last mission easy to understand, as the pair are not only two of the most integral characters in the X-Men universe, but two of the most esteemed actors of the group. As Kinberg notes, where the older Xavier or Magneto will factor in the franchise’s future is unclear, as the premise of X-Men: Apocalypse implies that their younger counterparts will handle the 1980s action.
So if the former foes were going to launch a mission, how would Rogue factor in? Some have claimed that her power-stealing ability would have been used to grant Wolverine’s healing to the wounded Kitty, but that adds a power to the young mutant without explanation. According to Kinberg, the solution was a much simpler one:
“Then I thought that if her power was winding down, they needed something stronger or someone who could take over her power. This came from a conversation with Matthew, which was about no-one having the same power as her but then realising there was someone who could take her power. I got chills. Rogue could be the McGuffin of that mission. They’d have to get Rogue out of some dark scary place, and that’s what happens. It’s a really nice sequence, and it’ll end up on Blu-ray some way down the line.
“But it does not service the main story. I thought it would increase the urgency and the stakes of the plot in the future, but it actually does the opposite, because it makes you feel like there is an answer out there. You think once Rogue gets here, we’ll have an unlimited amount of time. The ticking clock that we’d established with Kitty getting wounded and losing her powers… well, Rogue would show up and press stop on the clock. So for all of those narrative reasons, there was this ten-minute subplot that had to go.”

The sequence alluded to by Kinberg was actually (partially) revealed in the first Days of Future Past trailer, showing Rogue being carried by Iceman (Shawn Ashmore) and accompanied by Magneto. Kinberg fails to offer further details on where she was located, or why she was in need of rescue in the first place. However, a quick look at the most puzzling continuity issues and dangling plot threads offers a possible answer.
According to the film, it was the mutation of Mystique (Jennifer Lawrence) – the ability to alter her form to that of any other human being – that gave Bolivar Trask all he needed to craft his futuristic Sentinels. However, Mystique has been explicitly shown to be unable to replicate the powers of those she copies, so the Sentinels’ ability to do so is left entirely unexplained. Until you include a captured Rogue, that is.
Since most audiences and fans seem willing to accept the unanswered question, Kinberg seems correct in stating the sequence was an unnecessary one (after all, Rogue being able to steal Kitty’s power and send any team member days back in time to avert the entire crisis kills the suspense fairly quickly). And just so we’re clear: there’s no evidence that Rogue actually lives to complete the task.

Fans can look forward to seeing the full sequence play out when the DVD or Blu-ray of the movie is released in the coming months, and Anna Paquin’s involvement in the future of the franchise remains a mystery. For now, do you think that Kinberg and Singer made the right call in cutting the mission, or would you have preferred to see it in theaters? Share your thoughts and theories in the comments below.

Old 06-03-2014, 11:34 AM   #123
Cherik
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
The last one is, though it's different looking. In the film version, Storm has white eyes and the storm is much more prevalent. You can see the shot in her Power Piece video, around the 27 second mark.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Thanks.
I prefer the shot in the gif

Cherik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 01:55 PM   #124
eledoremassis02
Side-Kick

The strom one is, it does not have all the FX added yet like her white eyes.

The Wolverine one? I dont recall that shot

Old 06-03-2014, 02:01 PM   #125
Great Mind(s)
Broken

How does Rogue taking Kitty's powers put a stop on the clock if the Sentinels are still coming to kill them all? Did anyone even think about Kitty's injury in those last moments? I thought, they're all dead anyway, those Sentinels are here.

The Rogue sequence would have given some needed future scenes and a mission similar to that in the comic. Plus Rogue.

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote