The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Apocalypse

Old 05-25-2014, 12:50 AM   #26
Boom
I got nothin'

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

Good tease, but he really needs those elongated lips.

Old 05-25-2014, 02:05 AM   #27
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: "I am as far beyond mutants as they are beyond you." The En Sabah Nur(Apocalypse

Thats probably just the young version of Apocalypse.

In Apocalypse film, I expect him to be really big and closer to his comic-book look.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:09 AM   #28
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I know he was just young in the post-credits scene, but think they'll make him somewhat thin? Maybe like in X-Men Evolution?

Old 05-25-2014, 04:33 AM   #29
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

I didn't like that look.

Old 05-25-2014, 04:48 AM   #30
Hyde
Ooga-Chaka

Both me and my girlfriend thought Apocalypse was a woman in that post-credits scene, and I saw some other people around the internet claiming that too. Did anyone else here think that?

I still believe in heroes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
"I tell ya, that Jennifer Lawrenshinch, I'd like to put my olive in her martini."
Hyde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:49 AM   #31
kasjan
Side-Kick

No, he's young man with long hair, same as Ra in Stargate.

kasjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:50 AM   #32
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

My mom thought it was a woman too.

The scarf and the make-up are doing the trick!

Old 05-25-2014, 09:23 AM   #33
GENERAL RAAM582
The Amazing Spider-Man

I too thought it looked like a woman.

GENERAL RAAM582 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:27 AM   #34
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Not at all... He looks like a young dude, a bit feminine but that's the whole Egyptian god thing like in Stargate

Great Mind(s) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:46 AM   #35
Nightmare
"Kill Them All"

Im hoping for a 7 foot goliath type of apocalypse. Can just shoot at a different angle to make him seem bigger for whichever actor they choose to play him. The voice is really important as well.

"After they killed me, I became something much, much worse. The stuff nightmares are made of. The children still feared me, and their fear gave me the power to invade their dreams, and that's when the fun REALLY began"
Nightmare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:55 AM   #36
Loki882
Side-Kick

Or they can mo-cap the actor, like with Mark Ruffalo's Hulk.

Loki882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 11:01 AM   #37
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

They'll probably do a hybrid of both, having him be played by an actor but with CG enhancements regarding the abilities and the facial features. He's never looked un-human sans all the **** he has on his face and the armors.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 04:44 PM   #38
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

I know he's Indian, but I really like the actor and I think he could handle Apocalypse.

Irrfan Khan

Old 05-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #39
xrs13
Cold as ice

Can anyone tell me why the age of apoc is so expensive in comics! D:

Old 05-25-2014, 07:10 PM   #40
Dr. Remy Lebeau
The doctor is in chere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrs13 View Post
Can anyone tell me why the age of apoc is so expensive in comics! D:
It's a huge story. It spanned 8 comics for four months, plus there were a couple of extra comics that started and ended the story. Also, since the original story there have been add on stories that are also included in the compendiums.

Last edited by Dr. Remy Lebeau; 05-25-2014 at 10:32 PM.
Dr. Remy Lebeau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 07:57 PM   #41
Phoenix_Flare
Side-Kick

the biggest question I have is how will he achieve his techno-organic form??? The X_men films have made it a point to stay away from going to sci-fi, yes we finally gotten the Sentinels, but do you guys really think they'll included the eye of ages/Rama-tut in his origins?

Personally I think they won't go there and he'll just have his grey skin with blue accents/markings similar to Nightcrawler and wear Egyptian clothing

Phoenix_Flare is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 08:08 PM   #42
xrs13
Cold as ice

I honestly think they could introduce "alien" tech and have it as that. The alien tech belonging to Shiar who when they come to earth to find it bring the phoenix force... Muahahaha

Old 05-25-2014, 08:26 PM   #43
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

If the phoenix exists, so can the **** he eventually uses.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:17 PM   #44
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

It's Celestial tech not Shiar
huge difference.
Space Gods > random alien race
Also the Phoenix force in this film series is innate to Jean Greay, not a cosmic force searching for a host.

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:21 PM   #45
ken smith
Side-Kick

this might be off question? But do you think Apocalypse will be as powerful as the future sentinels? The future sentinels looked really powerful

Old 05-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #46
ciscostudent561
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
this might be off question? But do you think Apocalypse will be as powerful as the future sentinels? The future sentinels looked really powerful
Actually sentinels were very limited. All they did was take orders, they couldn't take over the planet like say the matrix robots.

Also there was hundreds to thousands of them.

Nah, I see Apocalypse being a impervious, impenetrable, invulnerable, tactician, genius, leader with limitless force, fighting ability and energy projectile.

OP? Yes.

The X-men realize they can't beat him with brute force or combat thats where the creative team comes to work.

I do see tons of action between the X-men vs the 4 horse men, Apocalypse and the collateral damage.

Storm and Cyke letting loose on screen! omni blast and lightning storms galore!

ciscostudent561 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2014, 10:46 PM   #47
xrs13
Cold as ice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
It's Celestial tech not Shiar
huge difference.
Space Gods > random alien race
Also the Phoenix force in this film series is innate to Jean Greay, not a cosmic force searching for a host.
I know, I am saying that they can have the tech be shiar instead, it would let the x-men go into space. And ive said previously, now with the altered timeline perhaps a way of showing that phoenix was always going to happen, just in a different way.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:13 PM   #48
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

They need to get an actor who will be truly menacing as Apocalypse. Depending on whether or not they decide to portray him as an younger or older man, the actor who steps into these shoes has to be able to give us a villainous performance that will match Fassbender/Mckellen.

Old 05-25-2014, 11:31 PM   #49
ken smith
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ciscostudent561 View Post
Actually sentinels were very limited. All they did was take orders, they couldn't take over the planet like say the matrix robots.

Also there was hundreds to thousands of them.

Nah, I see Apocalypse being a impervious, impenetrable, invulnerable, tactician, genius, leader with limitless force, fighting ability and energy projectile.

OP? Yes.

The X-men realize they can't beat him with brute force or combat thats where the creative team comes to work.

I do see tons of action between the X-men vs the 4 horse men, Apocalypse and the collateral damage.

Storm and Cyke letting loose on screen! omni blast and lightning storms galore!
Can you explain Apocalypse powers? It seems like he has a ton of powers. lol

Old 05-26-2014, 12:16 AM   #50
EnSabahNur
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken smith View Post
Can you explain Apocalypse powers? It seems like he has a ton of powers. lol
metahuman strength, speed, endurance, and reflexes, megamorphic power allows him to assume any human form, grow to tremendous size, or reshape his body composition at will, discharge concussive plasma blasts, teleportation, absorb outside sources of power to increase his own abilites, techno-organic virus allows him to regenerate from a single drop of blood if necessary. The character is also able to project and absorb energy, and has displayed telepathy and telekinesis. Apocalypse is as well capable of technopathy, able to directly interface with the various technologies he has at his disposal.

Aside from his superhuman powers, Apocalypse is extraordinarily intelligent, a scientific genius with knowledge in various areas of science and technology including physics, engineering, genetics and biology, that is far more advanced than conventional science. Apocalypse has knowledge of Celestial technology that he uses for his own applications, such as altering mutants or humans. Apocalypse is also a skilled demagogue and a master strategist.

Apocalypse's blood can heal other mutants, but is fatal for humans.